RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

He begged me not to leave this morning. Sigh. And it is suuuuuuch a good day to stay in bed and cuddle. Little heathen. He knows just what strings to pull. Sigh.
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 10:07 AM   #1522
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,513 Times in 3,156 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Monte is acting like he doesn't feel well however I can't pinpoint what it might be. If he isn't showing signs of improvement by this evening, I'll schedule with his vet in the morning.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #1523
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

Woke me up from the beautiful warmth of my blankets to go stand outside in the freezing cold while they analyze every snip of grass to find the right blade & texture of grass to do the do on...
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 04:53 PM   #1524
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I took young Jeffrey for a walk right as daylight came on this morning. I cannot walk all three right now. Anyway, he found a box turtle in the front woods near the road. He was so excited. Course I could not let him play with it. He would have eventually started chewing it. But he sure enjoyed sniffing it.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 07:28 PM   #1525
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
I took young Jeffrey for a walk right as daylight came on this morning. I cannot walk all three right now. Anyway, he found a box turtle in the front woods near the road. He was so excited. Course I could not let him play with it. He would have eventually started chewing it. But he sure enjoyed sniffing it.
Weren't you afraid Jeffrey would get his nose nipped?

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2018, 05:44 PM   #1526
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default back to GeorgiaMa'am

The turtle closed up his front end and never would come out when he saw Jeffrey starting toward him. When Jeffrey initially spotted the turtle, the turtle was walking. Jeffrey became so frustrated he began pawing at him on his shell because the turtle refused to come out. Rest assured, I was keeping a close watch.

I know first hand it hurts when they bite. I had a box turtle named Sam when I was in 1st or 2nd grade. I took him outside to impress some girls. Sam came out and grabbed my right cheek. I pulled and pulled, he still stayed clamped on. I was so embarrassed but acted like no big deal, happens all the time. I excused myself. Went inside and stood on the commode seat, looked into the mirror. All I could think about was my grandmother telling me if a turtle bites you, it won't let go until it thunders. That day was bright and sunny, not a cloud in the sky! I was freaking out. Of course he did get tired and let go of my cheek in a little while. I remember my Mom asked me what happened to my cheek and tried to pull my face around to look at it. I pulled away, blew her off with "oh, nothing." LOL!

Now aren't you glad you asked??? Heh Heh! (I know I ramble way too much.)
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2018, 06:58 PM   #1527
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pets

The outside kitty is now in my office. Last night some wildlife scared her so I think it is better for her to sleep in my office at night.

Baby kitty and the kitten are very curious. I think a dog door in front of my closed office door may help.

Lots of kitty excitement in my house these days.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2018, 07:19 PM   #1528
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hope, my blind dachshund, decided my head was her scratching post this AM. She is so funny, she is only 15 lbs, and we sleep in a KS bed, BUT she gets 3/4 of it, I get a quarter of it. How does something so little take up so much space...lol
Old 06-14-2018, 03:39 AM   #1529
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

She, aka Jazmin sat in an empty box top and completely ignored the new bed I bought for her.

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2018, 12:16 PM   #1530
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Monte had a bit more spring in his step this morning and spent more time ripping up his cardboard scratching box than he did after breakfast yesterday. I'm still going to go online and purchase a cat carrier just in case. I gave his away when the animal rescue people picked up Survival Cat and her kittens. I checked online and Survival cat and all but two of her kittens have been adopted so that was a good discovery. I hope like their siblings the remaining two find good forever homes.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2018, 02:52 PM   #1531
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

My girl decided she was going to stare me awake this morning... Woke up feeling slightly spooked like I was being watched.... Then I seen those eyes beaming back into mine & it all made sense... lol
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 06:25 AM   #1532
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

My two Kitties had a Mexican stand off over the cat bed in the bay window. It is prime kitty real estate, perfectly situated to watch the world go by, the kitty crew across the road, the birds in the tree, super comfy for intensive grooming, leisurely naps whilst enjoying a gentle breeze and an odd patch of sunshine. {I`m beginning to sell it to myself here, if only I would fit} And yet neither bother with it for the longest time.....until....one gets in, then it becomes of paramount importance for the other to secure the spot for themselves. My dainty girl was up first so claimed the prize, completely ignoring my boy`s intense gaze she groomed with abandon for 30 mins and the settled down to snooze. He was not impressed.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 10:29 AM   #1533
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

I think Monte is over whatever little bug he had because today he was up and running, following me around the apartment, keeping a close eye on everything I did. He likes to supervise.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2018, 07:14 PM   #1534
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Even though Monte seems better I scheduled a vet appointment. They're able to see him tomorrow so that was good news. I bought some supplies for the trip. I was worried there would be a fight getting him in the pet carrier but he's been off treats for awhile and he really likes them, so today he was prepared to work and earn them. I put some on his scratcher then he wanted more. Next I put them in the carrier and he went partway in to get them. Then I put some in the carrier and later as I was writing about it, wondering if he'd get all the way in for the trip tomorrow, I turned around and he was in there facing out, just chilling and taking in the view. That was easy. He got out for a bit and laid on the couch beside my work station as he usually does, but now he's back in there sleeping! It's such a big relief knowing it won't be a huge struggle tomorrow.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2018, 08:02 PM   #1535
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Even though Monte seems better I scheduled a vet appointment. They're able to see him tomorrow so that was good news. I bought some supplies for the trip. I was worried there would be a fight getting him in the pet carrier but he's been off treats for awhile and he really likes them, so today he was prepared to work and earn them. I put some on his scratcher then he wanted more. Next I put them in the carrier and he went partway in to get them. Then I put some in the carrier and later as I was writing about it, wondering if he'd get all the way in for the trip tomorrow, I turned around and he was in there facing out, just chilling and taking in the view. That was easy. He got out for a bit and laid on the couch beside my work station as he usually does, but now he's back in there sleeping! It's such a big relief knowing it won't be a huge struggle tomorrow.
That's what I did with their carriers. They are open and on the ground so they can go in and out as they please and not necessarily correlate the carrier with the vet. Good call!

Lately, Gracie has been following me around more. She loves her mama!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #1536
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I adopted a cat 5 years ago from the animal rescue. They guessed he was about 10 at the time. He had been living there for six months or so. He was also returned twice because, well, he is not warm and fuzzy.

Turns out he may be the best cat I have ever owned. You can brush him for about 30 seconds, you can't pick him up (impossible to catch to take to vet) he'll sit on the couch with you, at the other end. BUT...he's really good and very nice. He doesn't run through your legs or try to escape every time you open the door. (two things that are important as I age)

ANYHOW..............

He was looking like this picture. Very lethargic. I picked him up, and he let me so I knew he's not feeling good. Stuffed him into a pet taxi and took him into walk in cat clinic. Turns out, he was having an allergic reaction to a tick that had imbedded itself underneath his chin.

Long story short, tick was removed intact and my sweet Boi was given a cortisone shot to keep him comfortable. He is doing much better, not himself yet, but don't worry HE WORKS ME EVERY TIME I SEE HIM! lol.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2018, 11:02 PM   #1537
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

I took Monte to the vet today . The car ride to the office was a little stressful for him, but at the clinic he was calm and relaxed. The vet said he was dehydrated, had become impacted and instead of hacking up hairballs he's been swallowing them which wasn't helping. We have to go back in two weeks for follow up. Until then I have to only feed him twice a day and make his first meal of the day canned cat food and his second only a measured amount of dry food. They say he's obese. He doesn't look obese to me. He looks pleasingly plump like a well fed happy cat should. But I'll listen to doctor's orders and try not to cave.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2018, 01:26 AM   #1538
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

I have two sweet three month old puppies. Today we took them on their first road trip, and they did great. They were calm and quiet in the car. Such beautiful babies!
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2018, 05:44 AM   #1539
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

Today Jazmin sat in my bagel and cream chrmese. Was so much fun cleaning her up lol

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2018, 05:49 AM   #1540
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

They played hard and now Gracie is laying on the floor next to me with her back to the wall because Loki's been a shit and committed several sneak attacks already.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, pets