Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 08-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #41
Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation

And, a few of our favorite cities:

Copenhagen:

Just outside Brussels in the Ardennes of Belgium:

And Paris (I went thinking it would be over-rated, but it was everything everyone says it is and more):
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Laerkin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #42
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Laerkin, you're photos are fabulous!

I bet you had lots and lots of fun in Ice Land
and Copenhagen???? That's one place that has
been on my list like forever! As well, as Amsterdam!

Thanks for sharing your vacation photos!!!!!

~D.

ps/ so glad you are here and welcome to the Planet!
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #43
Leader

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Leader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST ReputationLeader Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Great topic...

Lately I've been thinking about and missing summers on the Cape ...

But the next big trip on my list is Greece
Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2010, 11:55 PM   #44
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

A group of friends and I did a three month trip in Alaska.. mostly doing back-country camping. One of the highlights of the trip was our stay in Sitka. Here is a clip from their tourism department. It does it justice.

Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #45
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

A great place to visit if you are into hiking, camping, reflecting and imagining...

Utah's Canyonlands Natl Park :

Old 08-05-2010, 12:05 AM   #46
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

On the US/ CAN border.. Glacier Natl Peace Park:

Old 08-07-2010, 04:57 AM   #47
Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone been to Japan? We are doing Tokyo and Kyoto in a few months so tips and suggestions are most welcome from fellow travelers!!!
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #48
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hi Laerkin,

I was in Japan for two weeks in May for work. I did not make it over to Kyoto - I did however spend some wonderful time in Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, Oshima, Enoshima, Kamakura and some of the smaller prefectures in Tokyo.

Most important depends on what you are looking to do and see. I would highly recommend Sumo in Tokyo. While I never imagined it would be something I enjoyed -- I totally got into it and almost fell off the balcony rooting for my wrestler! Kabuki is a must as well.

If you are interested in seeing temples - I would suggest you take the train to Kamakura (from Tokyo) and then walk or cab into Enoshima, where you should find a traditional Japanese Inn to stay. You will sleep on traditional bedding and have your meals served in your room - Quite the beautiful experience. Enoshima is a tiny fishing village walking distance to Kamakura - GORGEOUS! The temple in both Enoshima and Kamakura are spectacular. Amida Budda can be found in Kamakura (the largest standing buddah). Though, it was a tad touristy. Don't forget to buy lots of little $5 charms from the temples - they are the BEST (lol).

I was in Mt. Fuji for our annual Symphony of Peace at Fuji Sanctuary... And while there is not so much to see in Fuji - It is a spectacular site, and perhaps you can walk up the mountain a bit. I believe they have transportation to a certain point.

Do not forget the HOT SPRINGS!

Any other questions please ask -- I can always find out for you through my work, as my organization is Japanese based.

Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laerkin View Post
Has anyone been to Japan? We are doing Tokyo and Kyoto in a few months so tips and suggestions are most welcome from fellow travelers!!!

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #49
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default a beautiful place to visit!

We have many beautiful state parks here in Oregon and I love to visit the waterfalls in Silver Falls State Park (east of the Salem, Oregon area).

This photo is of the South Falls (it's a gorgeous place for a hike too)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #50
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation
Default Places I'm fond of in the United States

Long Point Lighthouse, Provincetown, the tippy top of Cape Cod

Old 12-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #51
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

The Sutro Baths, San Francisco

Old 12-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #52
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Brooklyn

Old 12-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #53
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

The Grand Canyon

Old 12-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #54
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Kohala Coast, The Big Island, Hawaii

Old 12-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #55
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Londontowne will always be my one true love

Old 12-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #56
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Venice is like no other place on earth, it is full of magic

Old 12-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #57
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Breathtaking the drive along the

The Great Ocean Road from Melbourne to the Twelve Apostles

Old 12-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #58
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I think Diva should put up a picture of her place because when traveling to Austin, it's a must stop at and visit destination.....

.........................that is all

There's a picture of my home in my Gallery.....but it's nothin' like these pictures!!! lol The magic is found in those who visit, I'm thinkin'.....<smile>

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #59
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Blue sparkly notes for tonight: Mikhail Bakhtin & Russian Tea

It was so nice to see this forum thread in my files tonight!

A big thank you to Sparkle for sharing her very beautiful places ...
I have heard about the 12 Apostles from friends who have been
fortunate to visit this beautiful rock sanctuary on the Melbourne coast!

_______

I wanted to leave a special post tonight in this forum...

I've been reading a bit about a Russian philosopher of language, literary critic and semiotician Mikhail Bakhtin and his ideas around dialogism, carnivalesque, and his Philosophy of the Act: Bahktin makes three claims regarding the acknowledgment of the uniqueness of one's participation in "being:"

1) I both actively and passively participate in being;
2) that my uniqueness is a given but it simultaneously exits only to the degree to which I actualize my uniqueness;
3) Because I am actual and irreplaceable I must actualize my uniqueness.

(reference)

Liapunov, V. & Holquist, M. (Eds.) (1993). Mikhail M. Bakhtin's Toward a philosophy of the act. Translated by: Vadim Liapunov. Austin, TX: Austin Texas University Press.

SoOOoOoOoo,

Here's a little quote I found while perusing some materials at the library today:

True open seriousness fears neither parody, nor irony, nor any other form of reduced laughter, for it is aware of being part of an uncompleted whole (...) it does not deny seriousness but purifies and completes it. Laughter purifies dogmatism from the intolerant and the petrified, from fanaticism and pendantry, from fear and intimidation.

--M. Bakhtin

Someday....
I would love to visit Russia but until I am able to, I am happy to leave a photo here tonight of a beautiful place I would love to see one day...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #60
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

What a beautiful philosophy, thank you.

"that my uniqueness is a given but it simultaneously exists only to the degree to which I actualize my uniqueness"
I love this sentiment.

I would love to see Russia as well, particularly St. Petersburg

When I lived in London and had easy (& super cheap) access to Europe - I traveled to "warmer" climates almost exclusively. Now I would like to explore Northern & Central European capitals: Reykjavik (I loved Laerkin's photos), Copenhagen, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Krakow, Dubrovnik

But there is so much more of the world to see, such incredibly beauty and adventure everywhere --- I'm not sure when I'll make it back to Europe again.

My next big plan is to explore South America, does anyone have any stories or photos to share?