Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Food Cures - Nature's Medicine

As I approached the age of fifty I've become interested in the things I eat and what I could benefit healthwise from eating certain food.

Thought it would make a great thread, and we could all learn together and share our facts here.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

Remember when your mom gave you ginger ale when you had an upset stomach?

Well, Mom's know best

It wasn't the ginger ale that is good for you, it is
the ginger it's made from.

Ginger protects the lungs and colon, oil of ginger stimulates circulation and is useful for arthritic and rheumatic disorders, urinary difficulties, morning sickness and motion sickness.

Who Knew? Eat More Ginger!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Ginger is good for a crapload of stuff!

Unfortunately, I vomit if I take ginger supplements.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

When you feel like a snack, nuts are a healthy choice, especially walnuts.

Walnuts are the only nuts that offer a significant amount of the omega-3 fat alpha-linolenic acid, ALA’s anti-inflammatory properties halt plaque buildup in the arteries that results when "bad" LDL cholesterol is oxidized.

No salt pistachio nuts are a healthy second choice, which help lower blood pressure.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Remember when your mom gave you ginger ale when you had an upset stomach?

Well, Mom's know best

It wasn't the ginger ale that is good for you, it is
the ginger it's made from.

Ginger protects the lungs and colon, oil of ginger stimulates circulation and is useful for arthritic and rheumatic disorders, urinary difficulties, morning sickness and motion sickness.

Who Knew? Eat More Ginger!
I keep a jar of pickled ginger in my fridge, like the kind used with sushi
When I have an upset stomach, I eat a few slices of it
Seems to help my stomach cope better

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
When you feel like a snack, nuts are a healthy choice, especially walnuts.

Walnuts are the only nuts that offer a significant amount of the omega-3 fat alpha-linolenic acid, ALA’s anti-inflammatory properties halt plaque buildup in the arteries that results when "bad" LDL cholesterol is oxidized.

No salt pistachio nuts are a healthy second choice, which help lower blood pressure.

You left out one very important nut...Almonds, almonds, good for your heart, the more you eat the more you … lower your LDL cholesterol, improve your complexion and digestion, and reduce your risk of cancer.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Garlic,my gram swore by it for everything,she would warm olive oil then mash up some garlic..mix it together..then mush it some more..then drop a fue drops of just the olive oil in my ears when they got infected or hurt. Snuff mixed with oil of wintergreen for any bug bight.I could go an for a while about this subject.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Garlic oil in ears isn't good for severe infection. Can cause burns and repturing of ear drums.
Sweet oil however works.

Mint for sore throats.
Tepid tea for burns.
wolfbittenpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolfbittenpoet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #9
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Questions: Could this be used in our furkids ears as well? What is sweet oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbittenpoet View Post
Garlic oil in ears isn't good for severe infection. Can cause burns and repturing of ear drums.
Sweet oil however works.

Mint for sore throats.
Tepid tea for burns.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure about the furchildren. It is a form of olive oil used for medicinal purposes it is not purified. You can purchase at most groceries, walmarts targets or natural food shops. It also is great to use like neosporin.
wolfbittenpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolfbittenpoet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

I read on a healthy eating website that eating 1 banana a day will reduce your risk of colon cancer by 40%. It's also excellent for prevention of muscle cramps in your legs and keeping you from getting dehydrated. Who knew!
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #12
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Also taking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day has quite a few health benefits. It helps with stiff joints, muscle cramps, if your diabetic taking a tablespoon 30 minutes before you eat will keep your sugar from spiking after you eat.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #13
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
Also taking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day has quite a few health benefits. It helps with stiff joints, muscle cramps, if your diabetic taking a tablespoon 30 minutes before you eat will keep your sugar from spiking after you eat.
I definitely noticed the difference in my joints...it also does a little diuretic & detox thing...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #14
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default Honey

For relief of coughing and wheezing associated with bronchitis , or other respiratory ailments,
mix 1 tsp thyme in a little honey take orally as needed to soothe airways .
this really really works!!!
Something else to add honey is great for dressing minor wounds.
honey contains a germ killing substance called inhidine.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #15
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
I definitely noticed the difference in my joints...it also does a little diuretic & detox thing...
Yep, that ya did and yep it's good for that too, it has a lot of good benefits to it, I gotta find that book! lol
The Following User Says Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #16
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yep, that ya did and yep it's good for that too, it has a lot of good benefits to it, I gotta find that book! lol
Yes, I really want to take a look at that when you do...please.

Had to return to my bottle of Braggs yesterday...will be interested to see if there is any noticable difference beyond taste.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #17
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
So, how's that stuff taste? it has to taste pretty bad if it's good for you
Old 03-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #18
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Cinnamon is an amazing spice. Great for cleaning out the liver and regulating your blood sugar levels.

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #19
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Cayenne pepper allows smooth blood flow by preventing platelets from clumping together and accumulating in the blood.

Add a dash to a salad or in salt-free soups.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #20
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Cayenne pepper allows smooth blood flow by preventing platelets from clumping together and accumulating in the blood.

Add a dash to a salad or in salt-free soups.
It is also good at stopping minor to fairly good bleeding in say your fingers....yes I used it when a can lid sliced me open....
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: