femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,220 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation
Post NaNoWriMo's!

So happy to have found this thread!

I made my word count, and came skidding across the finish line at month's end with just over 54,000 words! It was quite literally a month of madness! Being in that creative energy was great! I still need to finish the story-- no ending in sight... the plot staggers from side to side like a gun shot victim on open seas , but there are *moments* that I really like, having revisited it just recently.

Anyone interested in giving some feedback? I could use a brave beta reader who wouldn't mind plowing through *ahem* creative grammar and a story line that was totally improvised! It's a speculative fiction piece

Congrats to all that finished! I'm absolutely going to try it again next year!

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #82
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,744 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

*bump bump* it's around the corner. And perhaps a series of short stories might be a good option for those starting out. The reason I mention that is Alice Munro, a Canadian author known for her anthologies of short stories, won the Nobel Prize for Literature.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass

Last edited by Linus; 10-10-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: ETA: it's Nobel Prize for Lit, not Writing. :)
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #83
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

once upon a time I started a book and even was told by Radclyffe that she wanted to see it when I finished alas I got stuck... but I have written some authors challenges, short stories so perhaps who knows
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #84
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Anyone else participating this year?

I went over and updated my profile on NaNoWriMo and even signed up to attend a write-in at the local library next week!!! WEEE!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #85
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

P.S. This is super interesting - I just read that the book "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern was a NaNoWriMo project!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #86
GraffitiBoi

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
Playing around and having fun

Thanked 3,663 Times in 824 Posts
GraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

I went over and updated my profile on NaNoWriMo and even signed up to attend a write-in at the local library next week!!! WEEE!
I'm also doing it this year. I wasn't able to last year. I'm even organizing a write-in in my area for others who work night shift or can't meet during the evenings when the other write-ins are.

I'm super excited for this year and am all prepped and ready to go! I've even written some sample scenes which may or may not be used in the book.
GraffitiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GraffitiBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #87
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraffitiBoi View Post
I'm also doing it this year. I wasn't able to last year. I'm even organizing a write-in in my area for others who work night shift or can't meet during the evenings when the other write-ins are.

I'm super excited for this year and am all prepped and ready to go! I've even written some sample scenes which may or may not be used in the book.

W00T!

I have never been to a write-in but there is one this Saturday. It's 3 hours and I bet I can knock out a few thousand words in that time frame!

Good luck to you, Graffiti!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #88
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,744 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

Yup. Yup. Gonna try again.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 12:13 AM   #89
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

Ugh, it's getting down to the wire isn't it. Last year I was dealing with my sleep studies again and saturation tests, so this year should be much more relaxed. My daughter is working on hers too, so when she comes home to see me during our mutual birthdays/thanksgiving week, we can work together. Since a lot of my illness revolves around stress issues, I haven't even put a lot of thought into it yet, I decided I'll just wait til it's time and then step up to the plate. I wish I could meet with the other writers around here, but getting out isn't easy at all, not by a long shot. Good luck to everyone else who is signed up and ready to go!
Old 10-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #90
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

This is my first year not doing NANOWRIMO in a while. I'm a little sad about that. But I know I can't get it in this year... I'll be cheering you all on!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #91
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I am back in this year. Last year I didn't complete, but the year before I did. I am going to try my best this year.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:15 AM   #92
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,588 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I'm doing it this year! Today is the day!

I am starting with an outline of 6800 words. To get to 50k, i need to add 1440 words each day.

My project is a paranormal romance, rated PG-13, in which it is explained how Santa Claus ends up living among the Elves.

There is a lot of mythology about St. Nicholas, but no elves are involved. There is a lot of mythology about Santa where he is surrounded by elves-- he is even described as an elf in "The Night Before Christmas-- but there is no mythology that bridges the gap between St. Nicholas the earthly priest and Santa the elven toymaker.

I will attempt to fill in that gap in the process of narrating the romance between Nicholas and Mrs. Claus, who is also an elf.

St. Nicholas was a celibate Priest, but then he got married? What happened to his vows? Is he no longer a Priest after joining the Elves? If he is still a Priest, does he attempt to convert the Elves? Is it possible for elves to be Christian???

All will be explained!
Old 11-01-2019, 07:13 AM   #93
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
I'm doing it this year! Today is the day!

I am starting with an outline of 6800 words. To get to 50k, i need to add 1440 words each day.
I only added 206 words

Old 11-09-2019, 05:47 PM   #94
kassykit

How Do You Identify?:
Just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her,
Relationship Status:
Single

kassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputationkassykit Has the BEST Reputation

Does my dissertation count as a novel?

=Love shared is love doubled.... pain shared is pain cut in half..........share your life with me, and i'll share mine with you...
kassykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:16 AM   #95
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I only added 206 words

I've now added 6822 words

i am happy with them though. Not gonna finish by 11/30 but i will finish!
Old 12-22-2019, 05:59 AM   #96
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I've now added 6822 words

i am happy with them though. Not gonna finish by 11/30 but i will finish!
Now at a total of 21932 words. I will finish next November maybe?