Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
Tonight the oldest child is cooking. Dinner is fish sticks (these are actually breaded fish tenders and really good), tater tots, and roasted veggies.

Last night was my turn, we had apple pork roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions.
People go out and buy expensive "fish tacos"...basically a fish stick in a taco. I've never understood why "fish sticks "got left behind in food fashion...my Dad loved 'em and since my Mom was a terrible cook, they were perfect.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #30342
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I dunno cause first I have to learn how to hunt, use a rifle then go shoot a moose.
I live in a big urban area but maybe I can bag a few squirrels for the freezer.
Excuse my ignorance BUT what wine would one serve with squirrel?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 04:07 PM   #30343
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Excuse my ignorance BUT what wine would one serve with squirrel?
try Tennessee whisky or Kentucky bourbon...if you do that you wont have to even bother adding carrots and celery to the stew.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 09:26 PM   #30344
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Grilled cheese and tomato soup

A good choice considering we had a drop in the temperature after a warm afternoon. Cannot wait for tomorrow's dinner.
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 01:02 PM   #30345
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight is.......

Homemade chili (not the award winning kind...the typical kind)

with some oyster crackers.......

and the chili is currently simmering to cook it the "right" way
Old 03-30-2020, 03:47 PM   #30346
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

- baked pork chops
- mashed potatoes
- balsamic glazed Brussels sprouts
- probably apple sauce and oatmeal cookies

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 07:54 PM   #30347
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Two slices of seasonal pizza. I have no idea? I know there was bacon, green onions and some white sauce. It was good. Even better, no dishes!

Wine from the bottle. Lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 05:14 PM   #30348
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

soup and a sandwich seems appropriate....but I am also thinking of ordering Chinese .... decisions decisions
Old 04-01-2020, 06:13 PM   #30349
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I thought about caving in and ordering Chinese delivery, but both of my go-to Chinese restaurants have closed. I took my last carefully hoarded container of noodle soup out of the freezer and put it in the fridge to defrost - I'll have it in a couple of days. I ended up having a meatloaf sandwich and brownies.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 04:33 PM   #30350
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I could always reheat one of the servings of Navy Bean soup I made the other day, but I kind of want something different tonight. So I'm going to make Mac-n-cheese with high protein pasta bow-tie noodles and use some Chao Field Roast 'cheese', and add some chopped scallions and tiny broccoli buds and maybe toss some roasted sunflower seeds on top, once I finish making it, then bake it in the oven until it's slightly crispy on top.

To drink: water, a small cup of orange juice and a cup of hot herbal tea for dessert. Maybe an after dinner cookie too (coconut macaroon).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 07:12 PM   #30351
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,538 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'm beat and my kitchen is not quite pulled together. I dont want to do dishes..lol

Its cottage cheese and mandarin oranges for dinner.

Followed by supreme laziness for a couple of hours.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 07:18 PM   #30352
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I was bad . . . but one of my go-to Chinese restaurants was open. They must have changed their hours. So we had:
- beef rice noodles
- egg rolls
- shrimp cakes

And it was _so_ delicious!!! But I will not flout the no-take-out rule again until this pandemic is over. I won't!

- Prince
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 09:01 AM   #30353
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I was bad . . . but one of my go-to Chinese restaurants was open. They must have changed their hours. So we had:
- beef rice noodles
- egg rolls
- shrimp cakes

And it was _so_ delicious!!! But I will not flout the no-take-out rule again until this pandemic is over. I won't!
Not even for pizza?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #30354
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool take-out food

Quote:
- beef rice noodles
- egg rolls
- shrimp cakes

I have been watching CBC News Network, and they allow phone-in questions and the subject of take-out foods has come up many times; many journalists have interviewed "experts" who have stated that cooked take-out foods have a very low risk rate, which I have seen stated many times. Of course, they all end their reporting by showing how one must remove and dispose of all packaging (and then thoroughly wash one's hands). You could also let the food cool down and reheat in the microwave which would kill any virus. There has been an amazing amount of TV commercials on local TV stations advertising various places where one could order take-out.

The only thing I would worry about is the exchange of money (in Canada, bills are made of plastic and plastic seems to retain the virus for longer periods of time.) [I have cleaned my debit card with a sanitary disinfecting wipe each time I have used it.)

Two days ago, on my return walk from the bank, I checked out the Asian noodle shop, but although there was a few staff inside, they said they would be closed that day, and open the day after. Keeping to my minimal goings-out, I didn't go out yesterday. God, I miss my restos. And, all I did this morning was wash dishes. What a drag !!!

Please be safe.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 10:33 AM   #30355
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Chicken, again. Kind of boring but that's what I've got the most of so I'll have to make the best of it.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 11:33 AM   #30356
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Egg salad sandwich with green onions and celery. I have some leftover boiled eggs and will make egg salad later today. Will probably have some crinkle-cut fries with it.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 03:29 PM   #30357
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, tater tots, wine. Same for my daughter. That's what the day left us needing. It was a doozy.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 05:15 PM   #30358
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

My last work check came in the mail today, so I bought a few more groceries and will have Amy's Margherita pizza tonight. I found a good buy on Organic Chia seeds (by the bag) and will sprinkle Chia seeds on top. Two slice limit.

Water to drink.

Herbal Tea for dessert: "Glazed Lemon Loaf" by Tazo Teas.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 06:06 PM   #30359
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

- ham sandwich
- Cherry Garcia ice cream

- Prince
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 06:11 PM   #30360
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
. . . it was _so_ delicious!!! But I will not flout the no-take-out rule again until this pandemic is over. I won't!
Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Not even for pizza?
Why are you tempting me???

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:

Tags
dessert, dinner, food