Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 02-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #81
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

talent, just natural born talent. she was put on this earth to sing. and sing she did. i sure am sorry to hear this.

walking thru the house about a week ago, i over heard the tv ... talking about her addiction. she lived on the edge.

may you rest in peace, whitney houston.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #82
Mr Nice Guy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kind, sweet, loving, romantic and a rare Butch. :)
Relationship Status:
I don't drive a Uhaul. :)

Thanked 4,894 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST Reputation

I just can't believe it, I'm shocked.
Mr Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr Nice Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #83
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

I just heard about Whiyney on Tv. I can't believe it. Her music was such a part of my life especially in the eighties. What a voice. She was a master! I was really hoping that she would soon come back better than she had been for quite awhile. Such a loss.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #84
Skittlesluver

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Dreamer
Relationship Status:
Single

Skittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

Sad Sad day for the music world...Whitney was a great performer and an awesome singer....R.I.P. Whitney
Old 02-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #85
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

I cant' believe the media makes us watch a 30 second bank commercial to listen to her sing the national anthem. I so *(*** sick of corporate commercial CADFADFDSDSSDf I could puke. God Bless you Whitney.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #86
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

** sings I will always love you ** rip whitney
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #87
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Tragic indeed...in life and in death...

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #88
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

R.I.P. Whitney, you will for sure be missed
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #89
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

It's a very sad loss, but I hope her life lessons will be absorbed by the up and coming artists, RIP Whitney, few have ever been able to carry a note like you.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #90
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

Such a tragic loss. I had the honor of seeing and meeting her when I was a little girl while my dad was working on a production. The strength of her voice and her energy I will NEVER forgot. RIP Whitney...
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 02:33 AM   #91
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

May she rest in peace. Certainly one of the best. I am not trying to be disrespectful in any way here. Do any of you remember before she married Bobby Brown all the rumors that she was a lesbian? She had the "friend" that was I believe a friend of her childhood. The friend played basketball and was her constant companion. I wonder where this woman is tonight.

My condolances to Whitney's daughter, mother, her ex-husband, her entire family and all of the people, fans who loved her.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #92
musicman

How Do You Identify?:
NA

musicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputation
Default Whitney

There was a time when I was able to walk long distances. I chose to walk in a local cemetery. It was peaceful and serene albeit for a male in his 30's who obviously lost his wife at a young age. He had his car door open and blasting out of the speakers was Whitney's song I will Always Love You. It was hard to hear the song over this young man's wailing. In watching the tributes of Whitney last night and hearing that song it brought me back to a young man's lost. I wonder what he is feeling today as we all try to deal with this tragic lost.
musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to musicman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #93
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Whitney Houston had an amazing range and depth in voice- one of the greatest we will ever know. Her ability to change keys in the middle of a song like it was routine was a vocal talent few have ever had.

Of course there is a lot of speculation about her death. We will have to wait for causation. Something on my mind is that due to her longterm coke use, her heart could have very well been damaged and it might end up she died of heart failure without any drugs in her system. I fear suicide as well because she was struggling so much with her music career comeback and dif lose some of her voice range. And her being an abused woman that obviously had poor self-esteem. yes, even someone as beautiful and talented as her can have low self-esteem- happens all of the time. Also, I hope to hell that she did not have one of the Hollywood docs to the stars that scripted her narcotics for sleep, etc. and her death was due to prescription drug abuse along with alcohol. Thinking about Heath Ledger and MJ (others) here.

She struggled so much with getting clean & sober and being able to remain so. It is like this for some addicts especially if they never get to the emotional components of their addiction. And like so many stars, she could never get away from the media when in crisis.

I feel really sad about this because it might be a story we have heard far too often about the deaths of music icons that have brought something extraordinary to their art. My heart goes out to her family and especially her young daughter.

I hope people see beyond the addiction and poor choices in her life plus just plain being fragile at certain points and see that she was simply human dealing with things that for most people are not judged continually in the public eye.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #94
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Rest In Peace Whitney Houston! You will be dearly missed.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family

I just heard on the news a little while ago, she passed in her hotel room hours before Clive Davis' Grammy party. They reported, finding prescription medication(s), but no illegal drugs were found.

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #95
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
May she rest in peace. Certainly one of the best. I am not trying to be disrespectful in any way here. Do any of you remember before she married Bobby Brown all the rumors that she was a lesbian? She had the "friend" that was I believe a friend of her childhood. The friend played basketball and was her constant companion. I wonder where this woman is tonight.

My condolances to Whitney's daughter, mother, her ex-husband, her entire family and all of the people, fans who loved her.
Robin Crawford.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #96
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Whitney, I hope you are able to find the peace that you so desperately sought in life. You will be missed. You touched many many lives. Including mine.
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #97
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #98
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post

The link you posted doesn't work and I have not found any credible news sources reporting this.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #99
SoulShineFemme

How Do You Identify?:
All girl. All the time.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Married to my beloved ONLY

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,363 Times in 455 Posts
SoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST ReputationSoulShineFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Down at the bottom of the page this link leads to there is a disclaimer that the website is 100% fake.
SoulShineFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoulShineFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #100
GPS
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy to my 5 year old..
Preferred Pronoun?:
Banned 12/27/2012 - Former member came back under a new name
Relationship Status:
Enjoying Life

Thanked 1,171 Times in 351 Posts
GPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulShineFemme View Post
Down at the bottom of the page this link leads to there is a disclaimer that the website is 100% fake.
nice, my apologies
GPS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GPS For This Useful Post: