Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-13-2018, 05:41 AM   #3981
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I arrived at the gym about 7 and saw the perfect mother blowdrying her hair. She's a pharmaceuticals consultant, and so I asked her a question about the generic of my anti-depressant. She was very nice and helpful about it. Then we ended up talking for a long time. She said that she and a friend are going to be running an experimental skype class on her philosophy of life. She did not phrase it that way but told me she has a "heavy spiritual practice" that has cured her of multiple ills (an eating disorder, an alcohol problem, and I guess whatever else). And now she's presumably perfect (I say that not literally.). I was intrigued and said I'd consider it. I tend to start and then drop out of stuff like that, so I felt reticent to get in a weird gym relationship, one that could get awkward, with someone I see so often. At the same time, she does have a glow about her. I told BB when i got home, and BB said, "I think you have enough of a glow. I don't know that I want you glowing too much more." Teehee. I think BB is skeptical.

After we spent all this time talking, I worked out by doing 30 minutes on the stairmaster while continuing with the Netflix show, Afflicted (doc series on chronically ill folks). Then I did 30 minutes on the weight floor.

My elderly pal, Miriam, was in the locker room both when I arrived and when I left. She said, "I'm so lazy today." I asked her what she'd done here (at the gym), and she said with a smile, "I washed my hair." She's a cutie.

Happy exercising, friends! Hmmm... To take the class in order to be perfect or to remain imperfect. That is always the question.
That's a lot of pressure to put on one online class/presentation. lol

I agree with BB in that you are perfectly glowy now but if your interest is piqued, I would tell her that you would love to support her but cannot commit to it long term once the school year gets underway.

I will likely do manual labor today but no structured workouts. I did vacuum the whole house before bed last night, though.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2018, 09:41 AM   #3982
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I took Jackie's mom out for an afternoon of activities. Her mom is in serious condition with an heart stint, not well, in and out of the doctor's office on an weekly basis, so we have a bunch of stuff (medical wise, kind of) in common.

We walked on the lawn (common property grounds) slowly, for about an hour.

Then we went browsing at favorite little stores in the St. John's area (about another hour of slow like walking).

Today, the garbage service providers come by my BFF's house, so I dragged all the huge containers out to the curbside of the property. Her neighbor's saw my heroic effort to drag them out there, but they stepped in and helped me (which I gladly welcomed).

Today is "National Rest Day", so I plan to be good and stay home with the dogs and the cat and rest up for tomorrow (Laundry day).

Oh, and yesterday I ran the robot cleaner vacuum and then followed up by mopping the hard wood floors with special cleaner fluid to make the floors sparkle. Thank heavens for the easiness of using the Swiffer Jet mopping device and clean cloth system.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #3983
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

My injured foot is keeping me from doing much of anything, let alone exercise. I am super frustrated that my intro into working out more has been interrupted. I was doing well there for a while. Now no Qigoing, no aerobics. Maybe I should YouTube some upper body workouts I can modify to sitting down?

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2018, 06:12 PM   #3984
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
My injured foot is keeping me from doing much of anything, let alone exercise. I am super frustrated that my intro into working out more has been interrupted. I was doing well there for a while. Now no Qigoing, no aerobics. Maybe I should YouTube some upper body workouts I can modify to sitting down?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2018, 07:38 PM   #3985
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

THANK YOU!!!!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2018, 08:12 PM   #3986
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I did another 30 / 30 (30 on stairmaster and 30 on weight floor). I went up in weights on several exercises which is an awesome feeling. I have continued to watch the Netflix doc series "Afflicted" about chronically ill folks, and I'm getting more into it. At first it's just overwhelmingly sad, but now I feel like I'm getting to know them and their will to survive and find ways to live.

I saw Gayle, an older woman who is always at the gym and always blowdrying her hair. I don't blowdry my hair unless I have to which is very rare, and I'm fascinated with how long it takes women to do their tresses. Hopefully it is relaxing to them. Gayle is a t.v. producer and used to work for the Ricki Lake show back in the day.

I wonder how Taylor is doing. Her 16 hour fast thing is actually quite en vogue. However, 20 hours every day seems over the top. If you'll recall, she said she fasts 16-20 hours a day. Her eating window is in the evening because she finds it hard to go to bed hungry. I wonder how long she's been doing this. I'll ask next time I see her.

I exchanged cell phone numbers with the perfect mother because, of course, she wants me to take her experimental perfection class. A skype class doesn't really appeal to me. BB and I are in a one bedroom, and so it also would infringe on BB, though we haven't discussed that since, who knows if I'll take her class, and I try not to buy trouble (meaning, discuss it with BB when I may not even take the class). Hmmm... maybe the buying of trouble would actually be the class. I'll let it percolate a bit .

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2018, 05:48 AM   #3987
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I love hearing about your gymscapades, nyc! I am super concerned about Taylor, though. Hopefully, she was lying when she said she fasted every day. That's ridiculous and would actually be detrimental and counterproductive to her health.

Her body is in starvation mode when it doesn't receive nutrients regularly throughout the day and when she does finally take in food, her body will squeeze every single calorie until it pops and then crave more. If she were to begin eating normally, her body would blow up like a sex doll, until it gets used to regular nutrition.

Today, I will complete some manual labor. Not sure how much. It depends on the weather and if it cooperates or if it continues to wash the Earth.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2018, 10:28 PM   #3988
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I did another 30/30 (30 on stairmaster and 30 on weight floor). I did kettlebells on the weight floor. Damn, such a great exercise!

I'm still watching "Afflicted" on Netflix but now I'm pretty into it (doc series on people coping with chronic illness).

I had to wait for my favorite stairmaster, but I don't believe in waiting because it seems stupid, so I "wait" while pretending to myself that I am going to do something else (I would have if absolutely necessary.). I did this by watching the person on the stairmaster for five minutes to get a feel for whether he might be getting off, then setting myself up on a treadmill very slowly in a place where I could see if he got off, and then walking slowly on the treadmill for five minutes until, BINGO, he got off! Then I went racing over to it, lest the routine need to begin again. People don't usually stay on he stairmasters that long and often use it as a warmup for lifting, so I often win using this strategy. It's very silly, but if I'm in love with that specific stairmaster, then so be it. People do crazy things for love.

Back in the locker room after working out, I ran into the perfect mother and daughter and chatted for awhile with them. They had been stuck in traffic due to an accident, so that's why they were arriving so late. The perfect mother said in regard to her class on how to be perfect, "I haven't forgotten about you." I know. Lately I'm leaning against it, but we'll see. I'm nervous about the idea of telling her no. Eep, maybe that's why I need to take the class!

Happy exercising!

How do I... ?

Last edited by nycfem; 08-14-2018 at 10:30 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 10:09 AM   #3989
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good morning, exercisers!

I hit the gym this morning and got a solid workout in on the elliptical. Tomorrow's going to be weights, I think.

Stats: 251 cal, 2.27 mi, 35:00 min

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:23 PM   #3990
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today at the gym: 40 minutes on the stairmaster (yes... my favorite), and 30 minutes on the weight floor.

I am now sooo into Afflicted, I almost added to my time on the stairmaster so that I could keep watching. (Refresher: Afflicted is a doc series about people living with often mysterious chronic illnesses.).

I asked Taylor how long she has been doing her 16-20 hour fasting, and she said since 2008. She does sometimes have a light lunch or a handful of nuts, which is actually permissible in fasting, which often stipulates that having 500 or less calories is still fasting. I have not even managed to fast for my Jewish holidays, though I do go to the "break the fast" parties .

Judith was awaking like a bear from a nap on the bench by the sauna.

The perfect mother was having a conversation about finances with a stylish older lady who always wears black.

The perfect daughter was studying on the couch by the television.

Happy exercising!

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #3991
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I had a gym interaction worthy of nyc today!!!

I went to my old gym for a change in routine.

First, I warmed up on the elliptical.
Stats: 121 cal, .91 cal, 13:00 min

The body of my workout was weight training. I did about an hour of it. I started in the 30 minute circuit training room. I went through the lower body section nodding and exchanging "Good morning"s to people who came in and out and then, when I was on upper body, a conversation started between two older gentlemen. I let it go for a minute and then I decided to butt in and add my .02 and it worked out beautifully. The gentlemen and I continued conversating for a little while before we all went our separate ways.

We were talking about a medical crisis that occurred. Dozens of people overdosed on synthetic marijuana. The news this morning said it was laced with fentanyl. One report from a medical professional said that some of those who overdosed did it more than once; that some of them had multiple hospital bracelets on their wrists.

Very sad.

This propelled the conversation to a generational discussion as well.

If you are interested, here's an article on it.

I cooled down with a long stretch in the back on a mat.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2018, 09:02 PM   #3992
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

It was a very quiet Friday evening at the gym. I did 32 minutes on the stairmaster and 30 minutes on the weight floor. I am getting better at everything! I really hope when school starts I find a way to get sleep and leave on time so that I can retain these gains.

Only Gayle, the old producer of Ricki Lake, was representing as a regular in the locker room, and she was on her way out. She's not a favorite of mine.

They've been playing a mix that includes Prince songs, and I hope they never stop playing it. I could listen to Raspberry Beret forever.

Happy exercising!

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2018, 05:28 AM   #3993
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

No additional workouts, other than work chores, yesterday. I was sore before bed on Thursday, so I took a couple fake Aleve and still woke up tender. This morning is better, but I definitely feel all the work I did, especially with the upper body. It's been a while since I did a dedicated strength workout so I expected this. Nothing I can't handle and I'm sure it will be gone before bed tonight but it feels good to feel the results of my hard work.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2018, 02:22 PM   #3994
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today was a good long dog walk and hauling my rowing machine out of the basement to put it back up in my daughter's room where I keep it when she's at school.
We also visited our new gym. I have a policy about not paying for a gym membership in the warm months but it turns out that there's a free gym that we can use with our health insurance (here's to marrying a state worker with killer insurance!) We visited two branches today. One was sad and depressing. The other was loaded with good equipment and was being used by happy people. My spouse is not one to exercise but is trying and I'm cheer-leading. We're going to our new gym tomorrow morning I was going to go on a bike ride but wifely duties are calling if I can get my partner to hit the gym I am positive it will not be as exciting as nycfem's gym adventures but I'll let you know if I get any good stories from it.

I have a (hand-me-down) apple watch that has a fitness tracker. You can also do challenges with friends through that app. I've been doing challenges with friends for a few weeks and I love the light fun accountability that provides! Sometimes at the end of the day I'm just 10 minutes from a goal and will run and do weights or a final walk for the dog for the day to meet the goals.

Go-Go exercisers!

Last edited by easygoingfemme; 08-18-2018 at 02:25 PM.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #3995
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I did a workout on the elliptical again. I needed to work a kink out in my upper back and didn't want a super strenuous workout so I plugged along and had a pretty good workout.

Stats: 235 cal, 1.99 mi, 35:00 min

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:46 AM   #3996
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,588 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Y'all have inspired me! I joined a gym yesterday. I took it slow on my first day and did 15 minutes on the bike and 15 minutes on the treadmill. Since I haven't done much exercising in the last several years I figured no need to overdo it. I felt pretty good when I left there and I slept really well last night.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2018, 12:42 PM   #3997
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2

2hr run...cool in this am...warming up pretty quickly.
Using time from here on except when doing intervals.
Hill work comes next, walking with my talkie friend
only twice a week in the next couple of weeks.

Thinking on this run about how the body adapts to
being more and more physical...slowly and with care
the body becomes stronger, endurance increases, and
joy in movement increases as well...just my thoughts
this morning...smiling.

Getting home, and having the rest of my green
smoothie, then stretching slowly as my sub joined
me...life is good.

keep on keepin' on my friends, Adrian

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2018, 03:25 PM   #3998
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well we went to our new gym this morning. There were no perfect mothers or daughters but I did have one interesting series of events. I started warming up on an elliptical that was uncomfortably closely sandwiched between two other types of ellipticals. But I'm like... free gym... close quarters... I can take it. Two minutes in, dude to my left starts grunting and sort of talking/shouting to himself, I couldn't tell if it was motivational speech or honestly if he was rubbing one off. It was loud and mumbled and weird. I kept my eyes fixed forward afraid to look over. It kept happening every other minute for like 20-30 seconds. After 10 minutes I abandoned ship. I did some weights and some new weight machines and then cooled down on the treadmill. Then we went to my partners house that they own in the next city over that we are fixing to sell and spent the afternoon tearing up carpeting in the stairwell. That was also a good workout.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #3999
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

This afternoon, I went down to an awesome Asian grocery store and walked forever in the store, while buying lots of beautiful hard to find veggies and odon noodles and an dish and two soup spoons (which are just beautiful!).

I'd say I got in about 5K steps. Then I climbed the 3 fights of stairs, twice today.

It felt good to bask in the sunshine, while getting a bit of exercise.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2018, 06:22 PM   #4000
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

one hour on the treadmill...370 calories

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights