Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 08-07-2010, 10:36 AM   #101
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

watched Mirrors(with Keifer Sutherland) last night...not too new a movie,but totally loved the effects! and was interesting all way up to the end

Saw Inception a couple weeks ago....think i liked it...still not sure...but very cool effects as well
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #102
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Iron Man 2 was really good

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #103
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Saw "Inception" yesterday, pretty damn good movie... longer than I expected but I have a short attention span when it comes to movies so that probably wouldn't bother most folks. One thing though... with this movie I think the most important thing to know is this site:

www.runpee.com
(linky)

....because you really wouldn't want to get popcorn or run and pee without it or you're not going to know what the hell's going on when you get back.

3.5 out of 5 stars on the Metro meter

Metropolis
(and serious that site is great if you drink big soda's at the flicks)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #104
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Drew Barrymore has a new movie coming out about long distance relationships. It looks funny and sweet.

Trailer
i saw it last night and my date laughed her heinie off even after grumbling about me making her see a "girl" movie

although i had to have a long talk with myself about why i wanted to see it in the first place, which was something about how in the butch-femme community you might need to be prepared for the fact that LDR's might be inevitable and why, self, do you think seeing a Drew Barrymore movie about LDR's is going to help with that?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #105
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
i saw it last night and my date laughed her heinie off even after grumbling about me making her see a "girl" movie

although i had to have a long talk with myself about why i wanted to see it in the first place, which was something about how in the butch-femme community you might need to be prepared for the fact that LDR's might be inevitable and why, self, do you think seeing a Drew Barrymore movie about LDR's is going to help with that?
I think seeing a LDr movie is a great thing because it could give you some points on what to do in that case.

I saw Quarantine on Thursday on Starz was kinda stupid I thought!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #106
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis View Post
with this movie I think the most important thing to know is this site:

www.runpee.com
(linky)

(and serious that site is great if you drink big soda's at the flicks)
that link may have just changed my (cultural) life
Old 09-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #107
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I watched "A Single Man" last night on DVD. Colin Firth was nominated for an Oscar this past year for his performance in it. It's a great movie. Very poignant. The opening monologue is one of the most brilliantly worded passages about grief that I have ever heard.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #108
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Tourist

The trailer for The Tourist with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movi...e-tourist.html
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:13 AM   #109
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

The Town

http://thetownmovie.warnerbros.com/#/home
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #110
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Default Bright Star

yesterday i Netflixed Bright Star (Jane Campion, 2009)

The drama based on the three-year romance between 19th century poet John Keats and Fanny Brawne, which was cut short by Keats' untimely death at age 25.

it was amazing.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #111
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Yes, this is a must see. I think it will be in the running for an Academy Award. I give it 4 1/2 beak (I've got parrots, what do ya want? Lol) out of 5.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #112
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Salt, G-Force, and All About Steve recently and I actually dug all of them.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #113
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

I thought Salt was pretty interesting and it had some nice suspenseful moments...

recent movies that I saw that I will mention...

Hard Candy

a documentary called Life off the grid--mesa colony? it was fascinating

another documentary called "Prodigal Sons" very good...
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #114
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Just recently saw Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and liked it. For some reason it reminded me of a lot of the 80's/early to mid-90's adventure/fantasy movies I used to watch when I was younger, so I'd recommend it if you're a fan. Or if you're a fan of the games, of course.

Saw Abandoned over the weekend as well. It was alright. Had some decent twists.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #115
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

i watched The Wrestler tonight. I think Mickey Rourk is really good. But its not a movie I'd watch again.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #116
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Mickey Rourke was the perfect choice for the antagonist in Iron Man II but Don Cheadle (as much as I like him) was unnconvincing as a military man.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 09-28-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:39 AM   #117
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The Ghost Writer - Roman Polanski film....Pierce Brosnan, Kim Cattrall, Ewan McGregor.....excellent thriller, lots of twists and turns, might touch a wee bit close to reality hence explaining the justice departments obsession with getting Polanski back on USA soil around the time this film was released.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:29 AM   #118
Nawen

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Name, please, English is not my language :) .

Nawen Has the BEST ReputationNawen Has the BEST ReputationNawen Has the BEST ReputationNawen Has the BEST ReputationNawen Has the BEST ReputationNawen Has the BEST ReputationNawen Has the BEST ReputationNawen Has the BEST ReputationNawen Has the BEST ReputationNawen Has the BEST ReputationNawen Has the BEST Reputation

After seeing Chocolate, I was in mood for more girl action films, so I watched Fighter, too.

Quote:
Aicha, a high-school student, is a passionate kung fu fighter. Her Turkish parents expect her to get good grades so she can get into medical school, like her brother Ali. But school doesn't inspire her. Defying her family, Aicha starts secretly training at a professional, co-ed kung fu club.
I recommend both - the first more for the choreography, the second more for the emo part.
Nawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #119
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I watched The Countess, which was a German/French film on the life of the infamous Erzsebet Bathory. I personally quite liked it. If anything, the film felt a little rushed. The beginning in particular felt like the movie was on fastforward, but once it reached beyond the death of her husband it slowed down. They seemed to take some liberties with the history, though. They gave her three daughters in the film and forgot her sons entirely and the whole movie seemed to be based on various theories about her life, trials etc. Still a good film, though.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #120
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

We just saw the Town.

Ben Afleck was great! I love a good bank robber movie.