How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation
Default A space for positive trans posts

The rules of this thread are simple. Post something positive relating to being trans. It could be anything, something that made you smile, a positive change, hope for the future. Anything that is uplifting.

*HUGS* For all!
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
s0litude

How Do You Identify?:
Transman - HRT / No Surgery
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single, but enjoying the journey....

Thanked 1,210 Times in 310 Posts
s0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputations0litude Has the BEST Reputation
Default Curse to Blessing

When I finally acknowledged I was a transman, I thought I was cursed. My first injection, I'd like to tell y'all that I was stoic, strong, all excited and happy and rarin' to go. Nu uh. I was married even-- but I cried, thought no one could love me "this way". I can handle injections well, but the emotional side of it caused me to almost rip the arms off a stuffed animal I was hugging just to have something in my hands and arms.

Over time though, the shame and fear turned to pride.

I've had experiences and perspectives that others just do not "get" because of being a trans. I can easily see both sides of the coin when others are struggling to make sense of things. It truly is a blessing, not a curse. And I remember that when people try to belittle me for being this way. Sling your arrows elsewhere. I KNOW who and what I am. I'm damn proud of the man I became and continue to become each day. One day, I'll find a woman who loves me "scars and all". After all, scars are tattoos for the bold.

~Nicholas

Robert Frost
s0litude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Being accepted as who I am without question. I consider myself lucky in that I have a supportive work and personal life. For me, it's the fact that so many of my closest friends are male friends who treat me as one of the guys without making it awkward or anything weird.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #4
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

About a year ago a friend of mine had a medical emergency at his house. I had to call 911. He did not give me his address so I had to go thru a lot of red tape to get his info. I was on the phone for 3 hours with the sheriff and a bunch of different operators. I gave my name as it is legally, which is a male name. The operators/police never asked for my gender. In the morning a person from the hospital called me and when they heard my morning voice (I wasn't on T at that time) they told me they were looking for a male. I simply told them that I was a transgender male. They were cool about it. What really amazed me is that the sheriff assumed I was male and didn't think twice about it. I am really glad that my friend was ok.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

One of the nice things about transitioning is that you get to see things from the opposite side of the fence, that you had been on, previously. It gets interesting, at times.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

I feel like when I feel happy now (vs before) I tend to be able to feel happy in a lot more complete way. The feeling of joy post-top surgery...I'm not sure how to describe that feeling of completely misery to complete joy. Now even when I'm upset or depressed there's still that sense of joy left over...even depression is a little happier now lol
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2013, 06:37 AM   #7
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Every milestone that we reach, things get a little bit better for us, I think. For example, going to the lady's room was extremely difficult and scary, for me, at first. Now, it is just a part of my everyday experience, and I don't really think about it.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2013, 02:20 AM   #8
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
Every milestone that we reach, things get a little bit better for us, I think. For example, going to the lady's room was extremely difficult and scary, for me, at first. Now, it is just a part of my everyday experience, and I don't really think about it.
I agree. Using the restroom is a big change. I used single stall bathrooms for so long multi stall bathrooms were kinda awkward.

I got over it by just going in and washing my hands. Then by using less populated bathrooms like ones at parks and now I am pretty much used to using the men's. Having someone in there with you can also make you feel safer.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #9
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

A friend of mine used to push herself into doing things that terrified her, during transition, by telling herself: "I need to do this. I have a right to do this. I will feel a lot better, after I have done this." It worked, for her, and I occasionally used it, to push myself into doing things, as well.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #10
Kent

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Tournaments Won: 2

Thanked 2,058 Times in 720 Posts
Kent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST ReputationKent Has the BEST Reputation
Default A space for positive trans posts

Great Thread!

I was mowing my overgrown yard Thursday, June 13, 2013, and I accidentally got whacked in the forehead with a piece of very large heavy gauge steel fencing after I had been mowing for over an hour and forty minutes. I felt of my forehead and there was not any blood, so I finished mowing for another 20 minutes. I went in the house took a shower and cooled down. Then, I called an old friend and we talked for two hours about anything and everything.

To make a long story short, I was not feeling so well about three hours after I had been whacked in the head. It felt like someone was hitting me in the forehead with a sledgehammer and in the back of my head with another sledgehammer. The two excedrins I had taken did nothing to even phase the pain so, I decided to go to the ER to check it out. I figured I had a concussion and just wanted to make sure that's all it was.

Once the doctor saw me, I told her what happened along with me being transgender and that I was not a woman. She understood and was fine with the information. A little while later, I told my nurse that I was not now nor have I ever been a woman, girl, lady or any feminine type of person. She understood too. She even stayed in my little ER room and talked to me for about 20 minutes before her shift was about to be over. We talked and laughed. I shared stories about my life with her and she shared a very personal story of her own about her son and her ex husband.

A little while later, I had a shot of morphine and thirty minutes after that I was given a CT scan. The CT scan made my head hurt worse than when I first went into the hospital. My nurse was attending to a man they had just put in my room and I called her name. She answered me by pulling back the little curtain and saying, "Yes, sir." That made my day. She got it and she understood.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #11
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default BUMPING...

... for More positivity!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #12
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

I'm pretty positive that I am transgender. :P
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #13
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

One of my friends that hasn't seen me in a long time was very amused with my happy trail and tried to tickle my belly lol.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #14
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

I've been going to a temp labor place for work, until I find a job, and I met a butch there, that had never met a transwoman before. She has started learning about transfolk, thru me, and seems to have had some illusions dispelled, that she had thought about us.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #15
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

It seems fitting that I found this thread today. After 46 years I am finally getting my prescription for T on Wed. Thanks to three wonderful women, my doctor, my therapist and WingsOnFire as well as many brothers on here I have the courage to face a fear. Giving myself shots. I had to laugh though when my therapist was reading the DSV-TR requirements for G.I.D. When she got to the requirement of presenting as a man she busted out laughing. The good laugh and I joined in with her. She wrote her first T letter for me and didn't even have to.

WingsOnFire has been nothing but loving and supportive and God forbid anyone give me crap for my decision around her.

My doctor is little bucket of energy and is almost as excited as I am. She even put little notes on my baseline tests.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #16
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KnightsBlade~ View Post
It seems fitting that I found this thread today. After 46 years I am finally getting my prescription for T on Wed. Thanks to three wonderful women, my doctor, my therapist and WingsOnFire as well as many brothers on here I have the courage to face a fear. Giving myself shots. I had to laugh though when my therapist was reading the DSV-TR requirements for G.I.D. When she got to the requirement of presenting as a man she busted out laughing. The good laugh and I joined in with her. She wrote her first T letter for me and didn't even have to.

WingsOnFire has been nothing but loving and supportive and God forbid anyone give me crap for my decision around her.

My doctor is little bucket of energy and is almost as excited as I am. She even put little notes on my baseline tests.

I am so very proud of you and your progress in becoming the person you know you were meant to be. I am so very thankful for open minded people and doctors in Oregon. I fell in love with my doctor when I met her and I was so very proud that she was extremely willing to help you with your journey.

I know for myself when I began my journey into unchartered waters 5 years ago with my first FTM partner it was not easy. I overcame fears and stigmas that are attached by people who either refuse to understand or are afraid of what they dont understand. In searching out answers for my questions I have become a huge advocate of FTMs and MTFs alike. It is their journey and no one elses. So lets cheer them on instead of tearing them down.

I will stand up and cheer for you any day when it comes to your transition. When you psychiatrist, therapist and PCP all agree that this is the right thing for you then no one else should question or judge you for it. It is perfectly ok to have questions, to disagree, to not accept. It is not ok to put someone down because they dont understand or accept or agree.

I am honored to have helped you fight your battle and win.

WingsOnFire...

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #17
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Congrats on starting T.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #18
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

There is nothing like being around a group of transmen and FtM guys. The laughter and similar stories is refreshing. I love Tuesday nights
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #19
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

That can be fun, I know. Mind you, I am on the other side of the path, but I do know that it is good to be around others that understand what you are going thru. You can also get advice from them, a lot of the time.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2013, 04:35 AM   #20
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Met another T guy tonight. Its nice to be able to hang with other guys who understand and accept me. It is freedom to just be who I am and not worry about anything at all.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:

Tags
ftm, genderqueer, mtf, positive, trans