Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

View Poll Results: Number of pets and what type
cats? 59 31.22%
dogs? 61 32.28%
both 51 26.98%
Purchased or given to you? 39 20.63%
1 Pet? 41 21.69%
2 pets? 44 23.28%
3 or more pets? 91 48.15%
Rescued/adopted? 128 67.72%
prefer pets over kids 54 28.57%
prefer pets over humans 63 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #61
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude View Post
Something brought to my attention yesterday. Thought I'd post it here and see if anyone from down on the farm has the authentic scoop on this one....

All of the chicken we buy in the supermarket is from female chickens? Right? When the eggs hatch, do they routinely kill all the new male baby chicks that are going to grow up to be roosters and keep just a couple for fertilization?

Know capons are very fancy male emasculated roosters that are supposed to be extremely succulent and wildly expensive. Trying to envision someone taking the time to do a vasectomy on a young rooster.

Now, what about bulls? Red meat eaters buy hamburger and it's always from a cow, isn't it? Never saw a package of cellophane wrapped bull. So, do all baby male cows become veal at birth, except those kept on hand for their seed?

Anyone with first hand farm knowledge???

No idea about sheep, but now I'm wondering if lamb chops are all little boys and cheaper mutton is the mama.
I grew up on a farm, we didn't castrate any roosters, however when they were of a certain age, and not required for their procreative abilities, we butchered them and ate them. Hens that were poor layers or not needed were also butchered. Old hens were butchered and they were not fryers but stewers. I don't know how the big corporate chicken outfits handle this. Most of the beef sold in stores comes from steers, bulls that were castrated at an early age, and raised specifically for the table. The meat from old bulls and old cows is quite often mixed with into hamburger from younger animals. Cows are usually kept as baby making machines, one bull can easily service 500 cows. The demand for veal is minute compared to the productivity of the beef industry. Sheep is similar to the beef industry; mutton is an older ewe, comparable to a stewing hen.

We didn't name something, we intended to eat.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #62
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I share my home with 4 cats and 1 dog.

Jeoffry. Black and white male, my first animal companion as an adult. A friend of mine's cat had kittens, Jeoffry being one of them. He was born April 16, 1995 - I picked him out of the litter when he was less than 24 hours old. I've known him his whole life. While I love them all, Jeoffry is the one I am most bonded with. He's been an important part of my life post undergraduate school. He's been with me through every single significant decision and relationship since 1995. He's my rock. I recently finished my dissertation, and he is included in the dedication. Almost three years ago he was diagnosed with early cardiac disease, but I am happy to report that it does not seem to be progressing at all. It's not uncommon for cats to have cardiac conditions that they live with for many years, and never end up seriously impacting their lives. Hopefully this is the case with Jeoffry.

Midnight. Black female, came along about a year after Jeoffry. She was rescued from a vet clinic. She's my acrobat - I don't think there's a surface in the house she hasn't sat on. She is hyperthyroid and in kidney failure. She takes meds for the thyroid and is on rx food for the kidneys. Recently we decreased her medication dose and that seems to have given her a new lease on life. It complicated balancing the two diseases but for now we've got it. She's my sweetheart.

Booger Bear. Gray striped, came along a year after Midnight, rescued from an emergency animal clinic when she was maybe four weeks old. Recent bloodwork shows all systems are go, which is a good thing, because I don't know that I could give her any sort of regular medication. I used to work at a vet clinic, and while I was there, we never saw a cat I couldn't medicate. I handled all the difficult ones and kept a perfect record. So of course it's one of my own cats who I can't.

Nimbus. He's the youngster of the group, about a year and a half now. My other cats are close in age and I didn't want to risk losing them quickly and being left without a cat companion, so that's why he entered the fold. He and Jeoffry play some, and he plays with the dog. He can be a little bully, then turn around and be the biggest lover in the world. I was a little nervous bringing in a youngun, but he's been great.

Norah. Jack Russell Terrier. 6 years old now, was a rescue of sorts. She lived with friends of a friend of a friend who decided to get rid of her when they had a baby. She would have gone to the shelter, but my friend knew I was looking to take in a small dog, and when I saw a picture of her I knew she was the one. She has anxiety issues, but has come a long way with medication and behavioral interventions. I still crate her when I'm not home, but she has really come a long way. She goes to doggy day care two days a week and does phenomenally. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago at her annual check-up a heart murmur was detected. Next month I'm going to have a dental done on her, and while she's knocked out we'll do an EKG and get chest films to try and get an idea of what's going on. So far she's completely asymptomatic. Unfortunately heart murmurs are generally worse in dogs than in cats, but they can often be managed with meds. I think she intentionally developed the murmur so she could be more like Jeoffry.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #63
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Denkay View Post
I share my home with 4 cats and 1 dog.

Jeoffry. Black and white male, my first animal companion as an adult. A friend of mine's cat had kittens, Jeoffry being one of them. He was born April 16, 1995 - I picked him out of the litter when he was less than 24 hours old. I've known him his whole life. While I love them all, Jeoffry is the one I am most bonded with. He's been an important part of my life post undergraduate school. He's been with me through every single significant decision and relationship since 1995. He's my rock. I recently finished my dissertation, and he is included in the dedication. Almost three years ago he was diagnosed with early cardiac disease, but I am happy to report that it does not seem to be progressing at all. It's not uncommon for cats to have cardiac conditions that they live with for many years, and never end up seriously impacting their lives. Hopefully this is the case with Jeoffry.

Midnight. Black female, came along about a year after Jeoffry. She was rescued from a vet clinic. She's my acrobat - I don't think there's a surface in the house she hasn't sat on. She is hyperthyroid and in kidney failure. She takes meds for the thyroid and is on rx food for the kidneys. Recently we decreased her medication dose and that seems to have given her a new lease on life. It complicated balancing the two diseases but for now we've got it. She's my sweetheart.

Booger Bear. Gray striped, came along a year after Midnight, rescued from an emergency animal clinic when she was maybe four weeks old. Recent bloodwork shows all systems are go, which is a good thing, because I don't know that I could give her any sort of regular medication. I used to work at a vet clinic, and while I was there, we never saw a cat I couldn't medicate. I handled all the difficult ones and kept a perfect record. So of course it's one of my own cats who I can't.

Nimbus. He's the youngster of the group, about a year and a half now. My other cats are close in age and I didn't want to risk losing them quickly and being left without a cat companion, so that's why he entered the fold. He and Jeoffry play some, and he plays with the dog. He can be a little bully, then turn around and be the biggest lover in the world. I was a little nervous bringing in a youngun, but he's been great.

Norah. Jack Russell Terrier. 6 years old now, was a rescue of sorts. She lived with friends of a friend of a friend who decided to get rid of her when they had a baby. She would have gone to the shelter, but my friend knew I was looking to take in a small dog, and when I saw a picture of her I knew she was the one. She has anxiety issues, but has come a long way with medication and behavioral interventions. I still crate her when I'm not home, but she has really come a long way. She goes to doggy day care two days a week and does phenomenally. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago at her annual check-up a heart murmur was detected. Next month I'm going to have a dental done on her, and while she's knocked out we'll do an EKG and get chest films to try and get an idea of what's going on. So far she's completely asymptomatic. Unfortunately heart murmurs are generally worse in dogs than in cats, but they can often be managed with meds. I think she intentionally developed the murmur so she could be more like Jeoffry.
All of your pets sound so lovely. I too have a Jack and is not well with hypothyroidism and Cushings Syndrome an endocrine disorder so I have to medicate on a daily basis too but good luck with your cats and dog too. My dog doesn't like it when I leave for too long a period so doggie day care would be an option for me!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #64
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I used to have a pet rooster...
I was a kid, though...
He was an Easter gift {dyed purple}, nowadays I know that's a rather cruel action, but, to kids from poor residences, it's the closest to Nintendo.
After he molted the last of the Dye, he turned out quite "handsome"...
Beautiful tail feathers, my neighbors kept sayin' I should train him for cockfighting and get some money out of it..
At the time, I didn't even know how that was done, my closest neighbor, Cheo, would give tips...
"keep him away from other roosters, don't breed him, feed him well until the day before..and always use long spurs"
I got my first taste at 13, I managed to win 6 bets in a row..after the 6th, my so-called bookie said 'no more, they'll think she's got insider information'
Sooo, I sat ringside, and saw how they fought...
When the round was done, I think I turned green from nausea at the thought of my pet being the Loser {They think it's humaine to snap the Loser's neck}.
I did ask on the way to the car what was the end result..
My neighbor shrugged and said "Probably a good stew the next evening"
I thought of that while they tried on some rather sharp spurs for "Don Quixote", and I told 'em to take it off, when he started squawking and making a fuss...
They did protest and I waved it off with "he's my rooster, go away"
yeah, I would walk him -smirk-
Small cushioned string to his leg, i let him strut while I bought candy from an elderly neighborhood lady...
Eventually, landlord said to get rid of him, something about Policy and city codes.
My uncle said he had a farm that could use a Rooster.
I was young, not stupid...
I would visit, and ask for him, and they'd stutter..
"he's busy....there's a cute hen he likes, let's not disturb"
-snort-
For quite some time I didnt talk to them..
Recently he asked "you're still mad at me over that damn rooster?"

I think this is the closest possible pic resembling him..Quixote's "Crown" was a bit more prominent
Old 11-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #65
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude View Post
I'm curious. Does anyone here believe that four footed life is as valuable as the two legged variety? If you could save an unknown human being or a strange cat or dog about to be hit by a car (but not both), which would you snatch out of harm's way?

Anyone a vegan or vegetarian solely because of a reverence for all sentient beings? (Anyone eat only freely fallen fruit so as to avoid causing pain to the tree or bush?)

I love animals and, truthfully, I'd try to rescue the human first -- well, perhaps with the exception of a couple of individuals that I know, but I digress.....
If the human wasn't hearing impaired and facing away from me, I'd go for him or her. If they could hear me, then the words, "Get out of the way!" or "Car!" or whatever should do the trick while I went for the animal.

Nope and nope.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #66
Jude

How Do You Identify?:
I'm Fluid (comfortable being me)
Preferred Pronoun?:
"Hey Jude"

1 Highscore

Jude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I grew up on a farm, we didn't castrate any roosters, however when they were of a certain age, and not required for their procreative abilities, we butchered them and ate them. Hens that were poor layers or not needed were also butchered. Old hens were butchered and they were not fryers but stewers. I don't know how the big corporate chicken outfits handle this. Most of the beef sold in stores comes from steers, bulls that were castrated at an early age, and raised specifically for the table. The meat from old bulls and old cows is quite often mixed with into hamburger from younger animals. Cows are usually kept as baby making machines, one bull can easily service 500 cows. The demand for veal is minute compared to the productivity of the beef industry. Sheep is similar to the beef industry; mutton is an older ewe, comparable to a stewing hen.

We didn't name something, we intended to eat.

Thanks Liam. Going to pass this one on to my daughter who has recently announced her intention to become a "vegan" (no milk products or eggs). She heard that all the baby boy chicks were slaughtered upon hatching and didn't want to be a participant in the massacre.

Just hearing about old bull and cow being mixed in with young ground meat kind of diminishes any lingering fondness for the old fashioned hamburger.

Whole different life on the farm. Imagine not naming your critters because they're going to end up on the dinner plate! When I've been overseas in third world countries, I've never become accustomed to the casual practice of selling chickens on the road - chopping off their heads at the "check out".

Moving closer and closer back to 100% vegetarian myself.

Thanks, Liam, for the info. Any more stories down on the farm?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #67
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I really want birds and tropical again. My cats are the problem with birds. but, my silly dog loves to watch both fish and turtles (sometimes birds) at the pet store. I put him up on a cart so he can see them and he just stares quietly following the fish in the tank.

When I am out at the bay with him during shore bird feeding, he is a little conservationist. Sits next to me just watching them. never tries to after them and is quiet. Maybe he is meditating.... pretty zen little guy.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 02:26 AM   #68
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Can't do the poll, as I have none currently.

In the past, I've had up to 8 rescue cats at once and two dogs at once. My last dogs were Brodie and Gidget, a miniature Irish Setter and a miniature Shih Tzu. My last cats were Moby and Willow Anastacia and the 8 I mentioned were: Oreo, her kittens Picasso, Wolfgang, and Tigger and another set of siblings we rescued: Arizona, Zen, Nikki the Narcoleptic Kitty, and Virtue.

I tend to be a cat person but Organic is allergic, so no pets for us now. Maybe a beta when we move to a bigger place. My first beta was named Alpha Beta. Ha!
Let's all send Gemme some pets!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 05:19 AM   #69
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

we currently have a cat, Gibson (all black long haired) - he's lazy and cuddly and the sweetest lil guy ever!

and 2 hamsters, heh... my daughter has one hamster named Jersey which is a vicious little thing, it hisses and hates people (dont blame her sometimes lol) and then we have Petey which is my son's hamster.. he's twice the size of Jersey and so friendly and cuddly..

we adopted Gibson from the animal shelter as an adult cat.. though the kittens were absolutely sweet, it broke my heart that these adult cats had been there for what seemed like forever and quite possibly were being put down soon :-( if i could have adopted them all, i would have...
Gibson jumped right in my arms and rubbed my nose with his, i knew he was the one.. when i brought him home, he walked out of his crate and laid down, that was that.. he was home.. LOL..

i used to have a shepherd dog, named Teiko for 19 years.. she was my very best friend in my teen years, right up until she had to be put down.. she lived a long wonderful life and i miss her every day , every single day!! i've never been able to get a dog since losing her...

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #70
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Natura Brand

Hi, Folks. When looking for an old web site I wanted to post up here yesterday (which I never found), I came across some information about Natura Brand Food I think others may be interested in.

Natura Food makes Innova, Evo, California Natural, and Karma (I think that is it?), brand dog foods. In June 2010, they were sold to Proctor and Gamble.

Natura Foods has been known for their high quality dog foods for a long time.

Proctor and Gamble has a history of buying dog foods (Eukanuba, for example) and dropping the quality of the ingredients substantially. They also have a history of testing foods on their animals in not so great conditions.

Law does not require them to change the ingredients on their dog food bags for up to 6 months after changing the ingredients (and evidently, they have a history of doing this).

Subsequently, if you use any of the Natura products, you may want to consider changing, and unfortunately you cannot wait until you see the ingredient list change.

After a couple of hours of research, I have decided to change to Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck/Salmon/or Chicken.

Just an FYI for those who may use Natura products.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 07:43 AM   #71
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

I had a rescue horse with Cushings, put him to sleep a year ago last Monday, it really sucks, he was an awesome animal and had been a former buggy horse for the Amish.

One of my dogs, a Welsh Corgi (Pembroke) was going to be put down by his breeder because his ears flopped, he is now mine, cutest little booger EVER!

Thank you DapperButch for the info on the dog food
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #72
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Two Cats one whose is 15 Jasmine and now a 9 week old kitten Juliet and rounding out the clan is Skyler a beautiful 6 year old Mare who is a rescue a through-bread quarter horse cross they all bring a lot of love to the daily grind called life
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #73
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

I want to scream! Today is one of those days that I absolutely prefer my fur-kids to people!! Time for a long dog walk to work out my aggravation with humans of the idiotic and self-serving variety!!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #74
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

I Prefer furkids over humans has been holding a solid third on the planet poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
I want to scream! Today is one of those days that I absolutely prefer my fur-kids to people!! Time for a long dog walk to work out my aggravation with humans of the idiotic and self-serving variety!!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #75
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

In order of age:

Flynn, half Maine Coon cat weighing in at 14.5 lbs. Able to slap both dogs in one sitting.

Nayru, rescue Basenji weighing in at 23.2 but working on that weight issue. Able to scream a high C when she thinks you might have stepped near her toes.

Batman, found failed foster chiweenie weighing in at 9.5 lbs. Can lick the tan right off you.

Flynn is 11. Nayru is 3-4 and Batman is around 6 months old.

Click the link in my sig and support B.R.A.T, the foster group I got my pretty Miss Nayru from. You can see pics in the gallery as well.

Go Team Rescue! Love seeing the high percentage of rescues.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2010, 12:20 AM   #76
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

UGH! Just found out the pet sitter I use that stays at my home with the fur-kids is returning to Argentina. I was checking on some time I will need her for here for a surgery coming up. And I so want to make the ReUnion in the Fall and this woman is someone I really trust. Whenever I have had her take care of them, I am not certain they want to stay with me or go with her when I return!

So, I have to line up some interviews after getting some possibles. Damn! Celia has been so great and I am just a worrier when I leave them. My older cat needs needs medical stuff done, too. He's doing really well, so I have no sense of losing him before then. But, I don't want him too upset with being sick. Yet, stressing him further with boarding just doesn't feel right. He is better off at home.

Oh well, just need to get going on my hunt for someone new. I'll see if my vet has some names. Will check on my niece, perhaps. And I will be able to check someone out on a shorter term with the surgery and will only be across the Bay in SF for a few days in the hospital. Probably have to have the person come for a few days afterwards for help anyway- then I can see how everyone responds to her or him. That would feel better before taking off for at least a week in the fall.

Frog Dog got a new ball today and was one happy silly boy throwing it all over at the dog park. Totally was cracking me up. He did victory laps squeaking it as he was "killing" it.

I want to get on the Frenchie Rescue list, but right now, another pet is just not the thing to do.. phooey! I want a little companion for Frog Dog that will keep him in line! Female Frenchies tend to be bossy and that is what he needs!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2010, 02:14 AM   #77
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Sharing my home and life is the sweetest, handsomest little Cattle Dog/ Mix His name is Bear, but I also call him Monkey Butt because he is! <grin> Bear turned two on Halloween and is my pride and joy. This little guy really does attract the ladies when we are out and about...but to him, not me!

Here is a link to his pic...
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2103&ppuser=1312

Jesse
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #78
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Let's all send Gemme some pets!
Aw, thanks, ALH! But we don't have the time, space or patience to work with any pets right now. Maybe in the future.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #79
SF_Boi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Ask Me

SF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST ReputationSF_Boi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Three Girls

I have three girls, 1.) a Jack Russell (Coogee), 2.) a Basset/ Beagle mix (Uluru) and 3.) a Baby Basset Hound (Didgi). Coogee is from MA, she my little fluffy girl, Uluru was rescued from a 7 day kill in the Central Valley of CA and Didgi is my show dog! I've been showing/ tracking/ hunting her for the last three months and she's doing very well. I can honestly say that Uluru is the most incredible dog I have ever had. She's been with me for a year (10.04.2009), she's the most faithful and loving dog. She's always at my side, she protects me, and she always does as I tell her to do such as all the necessary comands to protect her. I can't imagine my life without the girls. They are all so different, yet there's a common threat of love that runs through all of them.
SF_Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SF_Boi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #80
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_Boi View Post
I have three girls, 1.) a Jack Russell (Coogee), 2.) a Basset/ Beagle mix (Uluru) and 3.) a Baby Basset Hound (Didgi). Coogee is from MA, she my little fluffy girl, Uluru was rescued from a 7 day kill in the Central Valley of CA and Didgi is my show dog! I've been showing/ tracking/ hunting her for the last three months and she's doing very well. I can honestly say that Uluru is the most incredible dog I have ever had. She's been with me for a year (10.04.2009), she's the most faithful and loving dog. She's always at my side, she protects me, and she always does as I tell her to do such as all the necessary comands to protect her. I can't imagine my life without the girls. They are all so different, yet there's a common threat of love that runs through all of them.

How many points/legs does Didgi have? I used to show Basenjis waaaay back in the day. Pictures?
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote