Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #1921
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Not to shock you but: stair master (55/65 intervals) 30 min., 1 hour of weight lifting, back exercises, leg exercises and stretching.

I have a "hello" and smile routine with the femme lesbian who I labeled as such after seeing her at an LGBTQ film festival, specifically a lesbian version of the film Rosemary's Baby (I don't think she saw me there.). It's nice to see each other regularly at the gym and not talk but have a shared experience.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #1922
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Spent an excruciatingly slow paced hour on the arc. I might have done a mile, maybe, but I just had a back thingy yesterday afternoon so this was a test drive. Then some resistance for lower body, again with the slow, and then out for the day. It's really pretty out so the game plan was to hit the river later today if all went well, but I think that will wait for tomorrow. Had some fun with leaves and will call it a day so I can play again tomorrow.

That and the fact that the high temp today was only 40°. Hey, I'm still acclimating!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #1923
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

We all have our own pace. I've been very fortunate in that I can feel a little bit of a difference week to week, so I know that I'm on the right road but it feels like a verrrrry long trip trapped in the car with Aunt Edna and her constipation stories.

I take advantage of every 'better' day even if I know I may pay for it the next day because in the end, it pushes me closer to my pre-sciatica days. I'm trying to keep that in mind for my super stiff and cranky body days.

Go team!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #1924
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Me again!

T33, random program, level 5.
Stats: 269 cal, 2.55 mi, 45:00 min
Intervals: 1 @ 90 sec @ 5.1 mph, 1 @ 60 sec ! 5.1 mph

My first interval came one and a half minutes into the workout. That's too soon and I got all knotted up from running it, even though I didn't push hard. I worked it out by the end but this is the short side of using the random program and sometimes frustrates me.

I saw Twinkle Toes Too (should really be Two, shouldn't it?) today. We chatted about the weather (split pea soup fog this morning and freezing temps coming tonight through the week). It was a nice, casual connection. Easy, breezy!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #1925
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Twinkle Toes was there but alone this morning.

I had a short workout since I know the next few days will be longer and I don't want to kill myself if I don't have to.

T33, random program, level 5.
Stats: 220 cal, 2.00 mi, 35:00 min
Intervals: 1 @ 90 sec and 2 @ 60 sec. All @ 5.3 mph.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:04 AM   #1926
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

weights today, lower arms and back. high reps, light weights. never herky jerky, slow and methodical, visualize the muscles you want honed and ripped. and make it so.

later this afternoon, obstacle course at the local park.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2014, 09:38 PM   #1927
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

Ran three miles today...getting prepared for my next 5k in a couple of weeks.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:24 AM   #1928
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

20 miles or so on the recumbent exercise bike. (didn't think i'd like it so much, easier on my back and feel my legs are more utilized)
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #1929
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Lazy workout today and ye ole treadmill knew it.

T33, random program, level 5
Stats: 378 cal, 3.62 mi, 65:00 min
Intervals: 1 @ 90 sec @ 5.4 mph

My only interval came at the 50 minute mark but I didn't mind. I was in my loose sports bra and didn't feel like jiggling all over the place anyway. It felt less than a chore and more fun. I slept in and took my time and I don't have to work today so it was nice.

I am starting to feel a little bit of something in my left knee so I'm going to keep an eye on that. That was the knee that I strained from overuse several years ago so I don't want to do that again, especially since the result of me not making it to the gym daily will take a far worse toll on me.

I listened to a different set of music today too. Usually Krewella (sexy electronica) is my go to workout music but this time I played my recently added list and there's a very interesting collection on there now.

It made for a fun, low stress time.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #1930
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It seems I'm having an upper body day today. On the wrong end of a snow shovel. We are having a much larger than expected storm and it just doesn't make sense to go drive in this stuff if I don't have to. That's okay, today I'm doing three sets of 40 mins each outside in the snow.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #1931
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Be careful of your back! It's very easy to wrench it while shoveling. Lift with your legs.

Well, at least you're getting broken in right away so you know what to expect for the rest of the winter.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #1932
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Finally, with this crazy schedule, made it in pool today. Need to build everything up slowly again. Did 15 laps
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #1933
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
It seems I'm having an upper body day today. On the wrong end of a snow shovel. We are having a much larger than expected storm and it just doesn't make sense to go drive in this stuff if I don't have to. That's okay, today I'm doing three sets of 40 mins each outside in the snow.
hahahahaha

Welcome to a real winter, my California friend!!

<--- evil

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #1934
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
hahahahaha

Welcome to a real winter, my California friend!!

<--- evil
I'll always go for outdoor exercise over indoors, besides, I'm enjoying the snow.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #1935
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I confess... I'm still not getting purposeful exercise...but..

I got out of the shower today...and i was in my towel leaning over the vanity to wipe the mirror and...omg..I have shoulder muscles AND pecs! I don't know if its scrubbing anything that stands still or the fact that I'm lifting people for a living but...wow...
Old 11-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #1936
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Friday evening at the gym:

30 min Stair Master (65/55 intervals); 20 min. weight lifting; 10 min. ab exercises on floor; 10 min. leg exercises on floor; 20 min. yoga

I have two parties tomorrow (one work, one BB's family) sooo... in case I don't have gym time, I'm glad I got there tonight

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2014, 09:17 PM   #1937
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

This may not count as exercise, but I clipped two dogs and washed and groomed two more,I was tired when I was done.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #1938
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Today was a good day. I slept in a bit and took my time crawling out of bed. I managed to get to the gym around 9-9:15. Apparently, no one took my picture when I signed up eons ago, so I got my pic taken. No fuss, no muss, no make up or glam or glimmer.

yay

Yesterday, I noticed a bit of tightening in my inner thighs which usually means I'm pushing too hard. It's a balancing act since I have to do this every day. My body doesn't get any rest days, which it does need, so I have to taper off when I feel something's on the verge of not being okay and I have to build in short days to give myself a break. I decided to cut my speed. I've been walking at my maximum, which is 3.4 mph, so I knocked it down to 3.0 for the first half hour and then 3.1 for the second half and I didn't feel any strain so that's good.

T33, random program, level 5
Stats: 385 cal, 3.47 mi, 65:00 min
Intervals: 2 @ 60 sec @ 5.0 mph, 2 @ 60 sec @ 5.3 mph, 1 @ 90 sec @ 5.5 mph

After that, I did a mild upper body workout using the circuit training area plus the back machine and the fly machine in the main weighted area. I did 2 sets of 10 reps and did meaningful but not stressful weight for each machine. I wanted my body to work but not strain so I used weight that would make the last 2-3 reps in the 2nd set a bit shaky but not push myself to my maximum load limit or muscle failure.

I finished with light ab work.

All in all, a very good long but not 'hard' day. I'll likely cut the cardio time tomorrow and do a longer lower body workout. It depends on how I feel though. The last couple of machines today were making the sciatica twinge so I was glad that I was almost done at that point.

While I would love weight loss and muscle gain to be part of the result of the work I do daily, it's not. I've only lost a couple of pounds so that's not my main focus. My main focus is mobility and making the rest of my day as comfortable for me as possible. When I push myself to work harder to lose weight or bulk up a bit, it tends to compromise my main goal so I've had to let go of that and it's honestly been kind of hard. I'm very competitive with myself in the gym and I've had to reign myself in time after time, over and over again.

Some days it pisses me off. Like steam coming out of my ears angry. Some days I'm just grateful to be able to walk around erect and without major pain. Like I said, it's a balancing act.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #1939
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Today was pretty amazing. It was incredibly cold for me (10°F) and one of the challenges is learning to dress right for it. It was brilliantly sunny and I really couldn't justify going to the gym. If I was going to go out and drive in this stuff I was bound and determined to get to the river.

A couple of days ago when I was down there I saw a them staging two miniature snow plows and figured that at least the bike trail would probably be plowed and I was right although that left a couple inches of ice topped with compacted snow.. The parking area I use was a different story and it looked like only a few others had been there but I didn't have any problem. So I sort of waded the two hundred or so yards to the trail through 8 inch deep snow and was ever so grateful for my beach 'ski' pole and it's spiked tip.

I hit the edge of the park where it meets the river and was blown away with how beautiful it was. I swear, every 50 feet I would come around another bend and there would be a perfect postcard image of what a snowy, sunny, walk through the woods along a river and lake should be. One after the other with bright blue skies to go with it and more ducks and geese than I may have ever seen gathered in one place.

I couldn't get enough of it and went further than usual. I encountered a few hardy souls, some taking pictures, others riding bikes (on snow and ice!) and one intrepid angler was fly fishing. I ended up going about three miles on iffy terrain but it was so worth it.

If this is REAL winter...Bring it!

Oh yeah, I'm getting the hang of dressing, I wasn't cold at all.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #1940
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Very cool, Kelt. I am glad that you had fun!

It is funny that you mentioned the bikes. After I read the part about ice, but snow on top I thought "yep, I would have been riding on that", back in my mountain biking days. It is a very enjoyable crunch sound.

I hit the gym today. Just simple 45 minutes elliptical and weight machines. I always did free weights, but it really is just easier to get on a machine.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights