BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmsational View Post
Oh, I miss dancing with a partner!!

When I lived in Texas there were all sorts of places to go to dance. Now here in lower Alabama, not so much. Wish we could find a place that the Brutal One could go learn, but they don't welcome his 'type.' LOL!!!!

I'm also one that tends to forget and try and lead. Drives people crazy:-)
Which type would that be, the two left foot kind or the whole FTM kind? Or both? Lol. Believe me, you won't be leading when we dance missy.

Totally Leading,
Brute.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #42
Mtn

How Do You Identify?:
Stone butch, daddy type
Relationship Status:
sylvie calls me her studmuffin

Thanked 3,834 Times in 617 Posts
Mtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST ReputationMtn Has the BEST Reputation

Sylvie and I discovered this summer that we have a LOT of fun dancing together. On our list of things to do is taking some dancing lessons. I would love to be a strong "swing dance" lead. She has incredible rhythm and moves, I dance with heart, rhythm and moves are questionable, heh.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #43
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn View Post
Sylvie and I discovered this summer that we have a LOT of fun dancing together. On our list of things to do is taking some dancing lessons. I would love to be a strong "swing dance" lead. She has incredible rhythm and moves, I dance with heart, rhythm and moves are questionable, heh.
You have some serious moves Daddy.. ♥
i had much fun dancing with You, and love that You would get up with me like that.. We laughed so much, and i so love being held by You so close.. Dancing lessons with You would be so lovely, i can't wait! & am so happy they'll play at Our wedding too.. i love You so much.

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #44
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

SO excited that I found a local woman who is apparently as dance-obsessed as I am: Apparently she used to organize women's two-stepping lessons at a local gym but they stopped letting her use that room, so now that she's just had her basement remodeled she is starting to offer them there on Thursday evenings - for free - with plans to buy a portable dance floor if enough people come regularly. She's also found someone to come in two Saturdays in a row to teach some western Swing lessons.

Plus when I told her about my desire to organize an LGBT dance lesson weekend here, she said she'd like to talk to me about helping to make that happen.

I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes me! I have to tell you, if I was forced to choose, right now I'd choose dancing regularly with a good lead over dating. Fortunately, no one is forcing me to choose so I'm free to pursue both.
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #45
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

funny i found this thread today. i met a lovely lady who teaches social dance. she says she can help me with my inability to be led....id like teddy and i have to have a fun activity we can do together...especially with winter coming ....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #46
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
SO excited that I found a local woman who is apparently as dance-obsessed as I am: Apparently she used to organize women's two-stepping lessons at a local gym but they stopped letting her use that room, so now that she's just had her basement remodeled she is starting to offer them there on Thursday evenings - for free - with plans to buy a portable dance floor if enough people come regularly. She's also found someone to come in two Saturdays in a row to teach some western Swing lessons.

Plus when I told her about my desire to organize an LGBT dance lesson weekend here, she said she'd like to talk to me about helping to make that happen.

I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes me! I have to tell you, if I was forced to choose, right now I'd choose dancing regularly with a good lead over dating. Fortunately, no one is forcing me to choose so I'm free to pursue both.
AWESOME!!!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #47
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
funny i found this thread today. i met a lovely lady who teaches social dance. she says she can help me with my inability to be led....id like teddy and i have to have a fun activity we can do together...especially with winter coming ....
and more AWESOME!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #48
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Please allow me to sidetrack this thread for a moment with a bit of fretting and perhaps a touch of whining:

I haven't two-stepped (or danced regularly) in years, so when a friend needed to borrow my dancing boots years ago, I gave her mine and decided to let her keep them since I was never wearing them.

Now I start two-stepping again on Thursday and realized that I have nothing even remotely resembling good dancing shoes, no budget to buy some good dancing boots, and no place around here to buy some anyway (I have wide flat feet and it's almost impossible for me to buy shoes online without trying them on first).

Now I'm fretting about what to wear: Sneakers just don't cut it for two-stepping - too sticky. The shoes that I do have that would have the right sole wouldn't necessarily stay on well enough for dancing backwards and in heels.

Whaaa whaaa whaaaaaaaaaaa. What to do, what to do...

[/whiningaboutfirstworldproblem]
The Following User Says Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #49
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
Please allow me to sidetrack this thread for a moment with a bit of fretting and perhaps a touch of whining:

I haven't two-stepped (or danced regularly) in years, so when a friend needed to borrow my dancing boots years ago, I gave her mine and decided to let her keep them since I was never wearing them.

Now I start two-stepping again on Thursday and realized that I have nothing even remotely resembling good dancing shoes, no budget to buy some good dancing boots, and no place around here to buy some anyway (I have wide flat feet and it's almost impossible for me to buy shoes online without trying them on first).

Now I'm fretting about what to wear: Sneakers just don't cut it for two-stepping - too sticky. The shoes that I do have that would have the right sole wouldn't necessarily stay on well enough for dancing backwards and in heels.

Whaaa whaaa whaaaaaaaaaaa. What to do, what to do...

[/whiningaboutfirstworldproblem]
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Well, since nobody else replied as yet I can suggest just coating the heck out of the soles of your shoes with dance wax before stepping on the floor. I've had success with this method for at at least a dance or two when I've been someplace w/out my leather soled cowboy boots.... provided dance wax is available where you will be dancing (often scattered in the corner of the floor -- kinda looks like sawdust).

Good luck!
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #50
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Is this a local friend you could borrow the shoes back from temporarily?

Do you have an in-between shoe that would work if waxed as suggested?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #51
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

The lessons are in someone's basement so the chance of dance wax being available are slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Is this a local friend you could borrow the shoes back from temporarily?

Do you have an in-between shoe that would work if waxed as suggested?
Nah, friend is in Philadelphia and I'm pretty sure that the boots were eaten by a dog at some point.

My only leather-soled shoes that might actually stay on my feet are quite dressy, and not entirely broken in. I may have to find a way to go shoe shopping today - I don't really have the budget but if I recategorize this from "entertainment/fun" into the same budget category as "medical/therapy," I could possibly justify it - especially if instead of buying cowboy boots I buy some shoes that could do double-time as work shoes. That makes sense and is completely justified, right?!?

What I'm REALLY thankful for is knowing that some people will be reading this who GET that you sometimes just need the right dancing shoes, AND who will get that it's very rational to categorize dance expenses as therapy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #52
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

::ahem:: These should arrive by the end of the week. Brown. They're from a company that specializes in dance shoes - they make them, not just resell them - and they have wide widths in almost all of their styles. They're no boots but they're dance shoes that will do just fine with my jeans, thankyouverymuch.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2014, 01:56 AM   #53
tiaras-and-books

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
in a relationship with someone wonderful. :)

tiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputationtiaras-and-books Has the BEST Reputation

I've taken a few social dance classes here and there, and oooh, I love it. A love who's game to lead? Yes please.
tiaras-and-books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:05 PM   #54
legally_b10nde

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman - Hello Daddy, hello mom. I'm your ch-ch-ch cherry bomb!
Preferred Pronoun?:
female/she/her
Relationship Status:
Single by choice

legally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputation

It's always a plus if your partner knows how to dance.... especially a slow dance.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:57 AM   #55
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by legally_b10nde View Post
It's always a plus if your partner knows how to dance.... especially a slow dance.
Really is difficult finding a partner, especially one who knows how to lead properly.
Old 12-17-2016, 01:21 AM   #56
deeds

How Do You Identify?:
G-d made

deeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputationdeeds Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Really is difficult finding a partner, especially one who knows how to lead properly.
Remember the song slow dancing?

"Slow dancing
swaying to the music
there's no else
in the whole wide world
just me and my girl"
Old 12-17-2016, 01:52 AM   #57
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default B/F dance

My ex of 22 yrs and I use to dance every weekend at the club. I Miss that terribly. I LOVE to dance. Fast, slow and two step was our best moves. I need a new dance partner LOL.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2016, 10:54 PM   #58
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I feel bad for my current partner, I have two left feet when it comes to dancing, I however can slow dance like there is no tomorrow, but my Lord can that woman dance!

I love just sitting there and watching her dance the wobble, cupid shuffle, then slow dance with me!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2016, 01:08 PM   #59
legally_b10nde

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman - Hello Daddy, hello mom. I'm your ch-ch-ch cherry bomb!
Preferred Pronoun?:
female/she/her
Relationship Status:
Single by choice

legally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputationlegally_b10nde Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
My ex of 22 yrs and I use to dance every weekend at the club. I Miss that terribly. I LOVE to dance. Fast, slow and two step was our best moves. I need a new dance partner LOL.
I am terrible at two step dancing but I can still rock it wearing my pink snip toe cowgirl boots and denim short skirt hehehe
Old 12-29-2016, 06:49 PM   #60
pamela

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

pamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputationpamela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
i absolutely l.o.v.e. this video:

butch femme - YouTube

social dancing can be so intimate -- this video makes me long for the time when i guided a femme around the dance floor on a regular basis...

if anybody else has links to similar videos please post & share!
very nice and very evocative
pamela is offline   Reply With Quote