Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Poly Relationships

Old 03-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #101
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation

Hi, I'm Anne. I'm in Seattle.
anaisninja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #102
uniquetobeme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
In an awesome relationship

uniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hi Anne and everyone. I'm Rebecca and my partner and I live near DC. Hope everyone is enjoying this Spring weather!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #103
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

I'm too tired to flirt, but mingling would be nice!
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #104
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I am trying hard to start the mingle and flirt game again... its a lot more complicated then I remember... maybe I'm just getting old.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:28 PM   #105
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
I am trying hard to start the mingle and flirt game again... its a lot more complicated then I remember... maybe I'm just getting old.
It's like riding a bicycle. If you haven't taken the bike out for awhile, it might be a little rusty. But get it going again and it will come back to you naturally.

Good luck!

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 10:04 AM   #106
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I hear ya sissy!! Be good to yourself and give yourself confidence. I too am struggling with feeling confident but I am working on it daily . Love ya!

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #107
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

I find unwanted challenge in meeting like-minded (or open-minded) people. It is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 02:33 PM   #108
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Everyone,

I have not done any reading here until now but something different came into my mind about a week or two ago ... I had not ever considered or given any thought to poly type relationships before now. At this point, I honestly don't know much about developing guidelines or what they are ... well f* ck, being direct always seems better for me so let me simply say I know nothing about this and how the general poly community goes about things.

I think the best thing I can do is come here and educate myself by reading your posts ...

Thanks.
From someone who is sitting on the fence.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #109
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOnFire View Post
I hear ya sissy!! Be good to yourself and give yourself confidence. I too am struggling with feeling confident but I am working on it daily . Love ya!
We need to get together...

MARK your calander... I'm camping at the cabins again starting June 29th...
Old 05-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #110
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
We need to get together...

MARK your calander... I'm camping at the cabins again starting June 29th...
Okkkkkkkkkk will do

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2014, 05:49 PM   #111
DaddyNik12

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Domme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sir
Relationship Status:
still searching for ms right

Thanked 1,508 Times in 468 Posts
DaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST Reputation

opens door and pokes head inside and waves to everyone *
Old 05-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #112
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I was researching books on poly relationships and this one kept popping up: The Ethical Slut

Do any of you recommend this book in a favorable way or give it a thumbs down for a NOOB like me?

Any additional suggestions will be appreciated. I'm trying to find a good starting place with something I am unfamiliar with.

Thanks.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #113
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
I was researching books on poly relationships and this one kept popping up: The Ethical Slut

Do any of you recommend this book in a favorable way or give it a thumbs down for a NOOB like me?

Any additional suggestions will be appreciated. I'm trying to find a good starting place with something I am unfamiliar with.

Thanks.
I'd definitely recommend The Ethical Slut. I think it's very accessible for someone new to polyamory, or for someone who is just curious. I haven't really read any other books about it, so I couldn't really say. I did a quick glance at what came up on Amazon and I didn't recognize even one other book I've heard other people talk about, let alone read myself.

There are as many ways to be poly as there are to be a Butch or a Femme. It's kinda just what works for you and your partner(s). That's probably a process if you've never tried it before. I know a lot of people in the kinky world who are poly and I can say I have seen many different ways of structuring (or not structuring) poly relationships. If you asked a hundred people what poly means you'd get a hundred different definitions, as they like to say.

For me personally--my partner identifies as poly and I don't and we had to do a LOT of negotiating until we could get to a place where we both felt we were getting what we needed. I think for us the most important part was to be able to figure out and name what each of our core needs was.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2014, 10:45 PM   #114
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation

I second the endorsement for The Ethical Slut. I also recommend Opening Up by Tristan Taormino.
anaisninja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2014, 04:16 AM   #115
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

candy _ coated _ bitch and anaisninja:

Thanks to both of you for your valuable replies.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2014, 06:23 AM   #116
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Opening Up - A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships by Tristan Taormino
is an excellent resource!
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2014, 04:18 AM   #117
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

*stops by to wave at people and skips back out*
Old 05-27-2014, 12:20 AM   #118
canadianmusician

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him/He/His
Relationship Status:
Poly & D/s

canadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputationcanadianmusician Has the BEST Reputation

Queer, poly, kinky transguy here.

I agree that Opening Up is a wonderful book!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #119
Cole

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Cole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST ReputationCole Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Y'all!

Currently single and open to poly relationships. Have been in poly relationships in the past and have found that I am much happier when I am not monogamous.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2014, 11:40 PM   #120
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Welcome...seems kinda quiet in here but maybe if we keep bumping the thread it will perk people up
The Following User Says Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:

Tags
chatting, dating, flirting, mingling, polyamory