Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #21
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
For 2014 I am going to lose the 57 pounds I need to see gone to reach my goal of 200 pounds,by then I would have lost 130 pounds.I need to start working out more plus keep eating for good health.The rest i'm going to let it fly then see what hapends.
I was a strength trainer and power lifter for years. I developed a wonderful nutrition program that worked incredibly well...but I studied many years before coming up with nutrition program that took off pounds and gave me the results I wanted. It also helped being on testosterone. T doesn't give you muscle, it thickens them.

Start with "brown." Everything "brown." Brown rice, whole wheat products and so forth. It is a medical fact that "brown" foods eat belly fat. You can cross-reference this on WebMD for starters. Make sure you cook with olive oil, extra virgin, first pressing and Canola oil. Your olive oil should always be the cheapest and the greenest. No yellowish hue.

I love cooking and that's because of my friend Rhonda in N.C. who is an Executive Chef. Her culinary achievements have received favorable reviews in Bon Apetite, Wine Spectator and the New York Times. She taught me to cook to achieve weight loss and muscle growth and to do so inexpensively. With her help, I learned what to buy and why. Because of her knowledge of foods from most every cuisine, she was able to recommend everything I needed to power train and lose unwanted weight in the process.

Searching for the best "brown" foods? Here is a starting reference guide on products and reading labels:

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/wwheat.html
THE WHOLE GRAIN GUIDE

Quinoa and oatmeal are whole grains. Bulgur and couscous sometimes are and sometimes aren't.

In theory, multi-grain, rye, and pumpernickel breads can be all or mostly whole grain. In most of the U.S. and Canada, however, only whole wheat bread is (see "The Bread & Cracker Box").

Uncle Ben's may be convenient. But "enriched" white rice, the only kind most Americans are used to eating, is nutritionally bankrupt.
Sure, you get the three B-vitamins and iron that are added to all enriched grains. But you lose the fiber, magnesium, vitamins E and B-6, copper, zinc, and who-knows-what phytochemicals that are in the whole grain.
The solution: Be adventurous.

Try brown rice instead of plain white. You can even get brown basmati or quick-cooking brown rice. Or give amaranth, buckwheat groats (kasha), or whole grain bulgur a try.

Pepperidge Farm Natural Whole Grains Crunchy Grains bread is mostly whole grain. Pepperidge Farm Light Style Seven Grain bread isn't.
Nabisco Reduced Fat Triscuits and Wheat Thins are all or mostly whole grain. Nabisco Wheatsworth crackers aren't.

Marketers seem bent on feeding us white flour while making us think we're eating whole grains. Here are some tips to see through their schemes:
1. If you don't like the taste of whole wheat bread or crackers, try a brand that lists a whole grain first in the ingredient list. (That means the bread is mostly whole grain.) Remember: "wheat flour" and "unbleached wheat flour" are not whole grain.
2. Don't rely on fiber numbers to find whole grains. Breads, especially "light" loaves, may have added processed fiber from peas or other foods. It may help prevent constipation and diverticulosis, but it doesn't have the "package" of antioxidants and phytochemicals in whole grains.
3. Read labels carefully. Whole wheat and oatmeal are whole grains. But "oatmeal bread" and crackers that are "made with whole wheat" are mostly refined. Here's what the words usually mean when they appear on the front of bread and cracker labels.

It's whole grain if the front label says: rye (crispbread crackers), whole grain, or whole wheat.

It's mostly reflned grain if the front label says: cracked wheat, made with whole grain, made with whole wheat, multi-grain, oat bran, oatmeal, pumpernickel, rye (breads), seven-bran, 12-bran, etc., seven-grain, nine-grain, etc., stoned wheat, wheat, wheatberry, whole bran.

Cereals

Whole grain
Mostly refined grain Whole grain Mostly refined grain
Cheerios
Granola or muesli
Grape-Nuts
Nutri-Grain
Raisin bran
Quaker Multigrain
Shredded wheat
Wheatena
Total
Wheat germ
Wheaties
Roman meal
Ralston High Fiber

If you can't find whole grain pastas in your supermarket, try calling these numbers (better yet, get your supermarket to call):
Cleopatra's Kamut (818) 964-2324
Hodgson Mill (217) 857-6491
DeBoles (800) 749-0730
Pritikin (201) 338-0300
DeCecco (212) 582-6500 ext. 21
Vita Spelt (517) 351-9231
Eden (800) 248-0301
Westbrae (310) 886-8200

Please note that these phone#s may be out of date since being in my files, but you can ask your grocer about suppliers and products.

Two things had to work together: nutrition and my strength program. I leaned up and became very strong because of strength training. I'm not a bodybuilder, I lifted for power and strength only. It was her input and help on foods and cooking that really accelerated the results.

Once you learn to really cook, you can begin to put together a nutrition program suited to weight-loss, muscle gain and heart-healthy living depending on your goals. Learn to cook well—you'll save a ton of money in the process.

Good luck!
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2013, 05:59 PM   #22
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

This year I want to raise more money to my favorite charities! Its important!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #23
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I resolve to close my shop and go back to my former careers in mental health, social service or education. I love my shop but it is physically taxing on me and financially draining. I am putting more energy and money into it than I can afford to do so. Its a huge success in my hometown so I am going out on the upswing but I just dont have it in me to do another year and a half to see it to a firm stabilization. And truthfully...my heart is in my old careers. I keep coming up with ideas to do them thru my store...like workshops or volunteer drives or blanket and coat drives for the homeless. I miss working in my old fields and I just need to own that.

I am expecting my first grandchild too. I want to be around for her. Her name is Violet and she will announce herself sometime in april. I was a good mother but I want to be an incredible grandmother!

I have one more health matter to clear up...more hiatal hernia repair. (If I need surgery, I will have to close the shop anyway...that kind of surgery took me down for three months.)

I have kinda lost parts of myself I gave up in the past 4 years. Like feeding the birds. Herb gardening. Making my own tinctures. Designing homemade jewelry. I just havent had the time or the money. Without the shop I should have both.

And I vow to call Jo at least once a week. He needs me to bother him...lol
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #24
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default Resolute.

I have but one New Years resolution this year (which I suppose encompasses so many). And it is this:

To stop simply existing and thrive instead.

Happy New Year, guys and gals!
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #25
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

~ honestly I cant even commit right now to a new years resolution ~ I'm self committing ~ if u get my drift ~
Old 01-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #26
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow I hate commitments

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #27
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

This year I resolve to re-frame the idea of self care(like drinking water, walking,hiking, eating quality food)as how I reward myself ...instead of that list of things I do to have time to do. I anticipate this to be a challenge as my son will be born in 3 months making time for addressing anything outside of providing for him difficult so I think this resolution is important.

AND your not alone. thetrevorproject.org
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #28
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

ah what a wonderful approach, pearlsnlace... I've been working on trying to do similar... look after myself wholistically.

I have in the past tried to do way too much and overwhelmed myself so this year I'm keeping it simple...

- Lose the weight I gained so I can fit back into all my gorgeous clothing!
- Build a successful nail art business for myself
- Do more social things and work on nurturing my existing friendships
- Get back into swing dancing and perhaps start a martial art to channel my anger
- Have my back injury looked at and treated

I think I'd like to, over the course of the year, clear a lot of stuff out from my house and rehome some clothes too.

And keep myself open to the possibility of meeting someone.

That's more than enough!
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2014, 02:52 AM   #29
o222Good

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

o222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputationo222Good Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

My 2014 New Year's Resolutions are set
with the idea of avoiding failure. Very simply:

!. Drink more water
2. Get more sleep
o222Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to o222Good For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2017, 09:10 AM   #30
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

My resolutions are pretty much in line with the ones I make, when I do make them.

1. Art. Be artsy, be fartsy. Be fun and frivolous and use my supplies before buying more, despite how fun craft shopping can be. I'll do something artful every week.

2. Recycle, reduce and reuse more. I'm starting with this thread.

3. Initiating a 44 by 44 weight loss plan. There are 151 days from January 1st to my 44th birthday. That is 21.5 weeks or a teensy bit more than 2 pounds a week. It's feasible. I just have to get up off of my duff to do so.

4. Journal more.

5. Put forth more effort into paying myself versus paying debtors.

6. Learn something valuable every day.

7. Live. Be happy. Smile more. Snuggle a little every day. Appreciate and be appreciated.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2017, 11:42 AM   #31
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i don’t even know where to start.

i don’t want to set myself up to fail so i will just say that i resolve to take better care of me, mentally and physically.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2017, 03:09 PM   #32
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Yuppers!

Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2017, 03:39 PM   #33
EnchantedNightDweller

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her, she
Relationship Status:
Being single is a good thing and I like it.

Thanked 2,462 Times in 803 Posts
EnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST Reputation

All I know is I haven't smoked this time for 5 months and my resolution is to keep that up NO MATTER WHAT.
EnchantedNightDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to EnchantedNightDweller For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #34
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2019 ideas for progress...

-- take my medicine on time (I'm getting forgetful, lately)

-- invent new ways to not be exhausted (lol, or not)

-- be present, as much as I can (day dream more at night, rather than during the day)

-- keep working on personal goals (to keep moving forward)

-- to find more alternative desserts I can enjoy

-- and last but not least, to keep up with mindfulness practices (releasing more, to not hang on, etc).

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2018, 03:26 PM   #35
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Oh I just love love love New Years
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:

Tags
resolutions, year