Old 06-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Weird & Random Goals

I'm always amused by the some times odd, silly, bizarre or down right funny goals that people have.

I was just today reminded of a friend who has a decidedly naughty goal of having sex with someone on every continent. I might add that this person only has one continent left in order to complete this life long goal.

Whether they are long term and take years or are ongoing daily goals - what are some of your stranger goals?

Some of mine:
  • I really try hard to get my first name, which is fairly common, at all of the new web services as they open up their beta program.
  • I want to have a paper note of currency from each country I visit (damn the Euro for screwing this up for me!).
  • I endeavor to fill my passport with stamps before it expires in 2015.
  • I would like to speak on five continents. (Three down, two to go!)
  • I would like to bank one million frequent flier miles.

I'm strange. What can I tell you?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

My goal right now, maybe it's not weird but it is sorta random, is to be in the best physical shape of my life by the time I hit 50 which is four years from now.
I would like to be able to run a marathon or at least a half marathon.
I did something similar when I hit 40, I was in the best shape I ever had been physically. I was at a healthy weight, was able to accomplish a lot of particular goals with the help of a personal trainer. I also was in a really good emotional place and was working on my mental health with therapist. I think it helped me grow personally.
Now that I am approaching 50 I would like to up the ante a little and get even stronger physically and improve my cardio endurance to be able to do some long distance running without losing the muscle mass.
Random.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
My goal right now, maybe it's not weird but it is sorta random, is to be in the best physical shape of my life by the time I hit 50 which is four years from now.
I would like to be able to run a marathon or at least a half marathon.
I did something similar when I hit 40, I was in the best shape I ever had been physically. I was at a healthy weight, was able to accomplish a lot of particular goals with the help of a personal trainer. I also was in a really good emotional place and was working on my mental health with therapist. I think it helped me grow personally.
Now that I am approaching 50 I would like to up the ante a little and get even stronger physically and improve my cardio endurance to be able to do some long distance running without losing the muscle mass.
Random.
Sooooo not weird, nor random, but certainly worthwhile.

I'm in a similar spot. I just hit a big birthday. I'm not super concerned with dropping weight, although that happens, but I'm interested in getting in better shape again.

But I can put a weird spin on my fitness goal:

I want to be able to run up the steps at Red Rocks Amphitheater without stopping.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,343 Times in 2,665 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I just turned 49, and I have a list of goals for myself for the next year.

I want to have earned both a CAGS in Math, Science and Learning Technologies and my professional license.

I want to have started a viable robotics program at the public high school where I teach math.

I want to have long curly hair to my waist.

And, I want to be good to my precious body and get into better physical shape.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I want to have a normal blood count.

I have very strange and short term goals, marked by odd milestones. I make deals with unseen gods for things like making it to my grandchilds birth or my sons graduation from eighth grade. I do things like promising to feed the hungry/homeless more often if I could just live "this much" longer....

So I guess it is all relative. I'm no longer asking for a cure, but I am begging, borrowing and stealing time.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Random

I want to be happy. Genuinely. No more of this fake it til you make it crap or relying on my years in CS to help me put a lovely mask on for the sake of others. I want to wake up in the morning and not think, "Shit! I gotta go to work today." I want more; deserve more.

I just need to find the directions to this holy grail.

Weird

I like visiting weird and/or odd and/or novelty places. Largest ball of ear wax kind of things. I want to visit a new weird/odd/novelty thing a year for the rest of my life.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 1,680 Times in 742 Posts
~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Random

I want to be happy. Genuinely. No more of this fake it til you make it crap or relying on my years in CS to help me put a lovely mask on for the sake of others. I want to wake up in the morning and not think, "Shit! I gotta go to work today." I want more; deserve more.

Weird

I like visiting weird and/or odd and/or novelty places. Largest ball of ear wax kind of things. I want to visit a new weird/odd/novelty thing a year for the rest of my life.

Weirdo
~Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Bo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bo View Post
Weirdo
Takes one to know one.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #9
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation~Bo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Takes one to know one.

Says who?

Old 06-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #10
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bo View Post
Says who?

Everyone but you.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #11
~Bo

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Everyone but you.

Of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to ~Bo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #12
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Random

Weird

I want to get an RV and do a big gay tour of the USofA. We shall stop and see the biggest ball of string, the white cow, the two headed pig....and leave gay rainbow stuff everywhere.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #13
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

My Sweetie and I want to do a "Mom and Pop Diners" tour: an RV towing a motorcycle, doing all the small towns and secondary roads. We want to do all the little local spots to eat and collect as many diner T-shirts as we can. "Eating Across America" we'll call it!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #14
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I want to get an RV and do a big gay tour of the USofA. We shall stop and see the biggest ball of string, the white cow, the two headed pig....and leave gay rainbow stuff everywhere.

The biggest cross in the western hemisphere is in Texas
And it has a shitload of the CREEPIEST Jesus statues EVER!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #15
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
want to go for a ride?
Old 06-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #16
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

You should all have a goal to get your photograph taken in front of the above monstrosity. I did it.

God, I need to scan that picture!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #17
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Been there. Took creepy pictures of the creepy Jesus. They came out all weird and shadowy. That was the one and only time I stopped.

An ex and I took a two week vacation to travel to the east coast and back by car one year. Our goal was to stop at all the weird McDonald's we could find. The world's largest on the OK turnpike. The riverboat McD's in St. Louis. There were a few more.

One random/weird goal I still have is to take pics of all the weird stuff I see when traveling down a major interstate and put a book together with the stories behind it. Like the hot & cold water towers I saw somewhere along I-40 I think it was. Well, these days it might just be a website.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #18
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation

I want to have coppery red long(ish) hair.

Strangely that's all I've got this evening.
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #19
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post
Been there. Took creepy pictures of the creepy Jesus. They came out all weird and shadowy. That was the one and only time I stopped.

An ex and I took a two week vacation to travel to the east coast and back by car one year. Our goal was to stop at all the weird McDonald's we could find. The world's largest on the OK turnpike. The riverboat McD's in St. Louis. There were a few more.

One random/weird goal I still have is to take pics of all the weird stuff I see when traveling down a major interstate and put a book together with the stories behind it. Like the hot & cold water towers I saw somewhere along I-40 I think it was. Well, these days it might just be a website.
I LOVE weird McDonalds and have been to that one in St Louis!

Have you by chance visited the one that's in a caboose in Arizona?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #20
Write14u

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm easy
Relationship Status:
She's some kind of wonderful.

Write14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
want to go for a ride?
Just outside of Montgomery, Ala., there is a place with probably the world's most crosses. I had a journalism prof who moonlighted for the National Enquirer and did a story on it. I've been there many times. Dude has crosses made out of all kinds of stuff and LOTS of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post

You should all have a goal to get your photograph taken in front of the above monstrosity. I did it.

God, I need to scan that picture!
OMG! That's the boll weevil statue. It's the only town statue in the country dedicated to an insect (at least as far as I know). I've been through there a million times. Gotta love Enterprise. It was erected as a tribute because if it hadn't been for the boll weevil, the stubborn Southerners wouldn't have diversified crops from cotton.

Sweet!