Old 06-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #21
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write14u View Post
Just outside of Montgomery, Ala., there is a place with probably the world's most crosses. I had a journalism prof who moonlighted for the National Enquirer and did a story on it. I've been there many times. Dude has crosses made out of all kinds of stuff and LOTS of them.
Been there. It is kind of eerie.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #22
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write14u View Post
OMG! That's the boll weevil statue. It's the only town statue in the country dedicated to an insect (at least as far as I know). I've been through there a million times. Gotta love Enterprise. It was erected as a tribute because if it hadn't been for the boll weevil, the stubborn Southerners wouldn't have diversified crops from cotton.

Sweet!
Yeah, me and some friends drove all the way to Alabama like 10 years ago because we wanted our pictures taken with that statue so badly. It was a fun trip.

But then we were like....."so now what?"

*shrug*
Old 06-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #23
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
The biggest cross in the western hemisphere is in Texas
And it has a shitload of the CREEPIEST Jesus statues EVER!
You mean this?

Cause it's no longer the biggest. The largest is now is Effingham, IL (who names these places??)

http://www.worldslargestthings.com/e...tour/cross.htm

Why do I know this? Cause when I moved from NM back to Chicago I took that photo (at 65 mph, no less) and HAD to know if it was, indeed, the largest. Imagine my surprise to find out that it was not.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #24
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

In Ontario, near Colborne. Apparently it's the biggest apple-shaped structure in the world.

Aim high, Colborne. Clearly you are a people who had a dream.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #25
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Dear god.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #26
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post

You should all have a goal to get your photograph taken in front of the above monstrosity. I did it.

God, I need to scan that picture!
"Lady Justice" about to bring about a smack down?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #27
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Finish putting up websites on my 117 domains. 49 more to go.

That's just the beginning of the fun.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #28
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Finish putting up websites on my 117 domains. 49 more to go.

That's just the beginning of the fun.
I gave up on that goal. I really wanted to. I did. But I make more money without them being developed. Go figure.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #29
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
I gave up on that goal. I really wanted to. I did. But I make more money without them being developed. Go figure.
I hope to sell most of them off. Not sure if it will be worth it given the amount of time it is taking me. I got a little carried away. No way I can keep up. My older sites are starting to make some money.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:28 PM   #30
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Default Some, uh, "roadside attractions" from Ontario

Old 06-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #31
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:

That's not a roadside attraction. That's a well respected piece of art by renowned sculptor Louise Bourgeois.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #32
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
That's not a roadside attraction. That's a well respected piece of art by renowned sculptor Louise Bourgeois.
I stand corrected. I came across it on a website of weird stuff you can see from the road in Canada (like, just now) and the site didn't include anything other than pictures and locations - so I had no idea.

Too bad it's not a permanent fixture. I like it better than the seven zillion giant lumberjacks and geese.

I do not, however, like it better than the giant Adirondack chair. Because I don't like anything better than that.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #33
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
I stand corrected. I came across it on a website of weird stuff you can see from the road in Canada (like, just now) and the site didn't include anything other than pictures and locations - so I had no idea.

Too bad it's not a permanent fixture. I like it better than the seven zillion giant lumberjacks and geese.

I do not, however, like it better than the giant Adirondack chair. Because I don't like anything better than that.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound snippy. I just love the work and wanted to share the info.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #34
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to sound snippy. I just love the work and wanted to share the info.
You did sound a little snippy, but I forgive you.

I just did a bit of googling. Seems it is in Ottawa permanently, but isn't the actual original. It's one of about a dozen replicas, apparently? I like the eggs.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #35
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I LOVE weird McDonalds and have been to that one in St Louis!

Have you by chance visited the one that's in a caboose in Arizona?
I have not been to the caboose! I must find that before my next desert trip!

I'm currently fascinated by the McDonalds they put in convenience stores. Like this little 76 gas stations with like a full McD's complete with two drive up windows. They're all over the place up here. It's like the clown car of fast food.

Effingham, IL. I've actually been there, too. On that trip we took. We stopped there and ate at a Bob Evans kinda place right at dinner time. That's the very first time I remember walking into a crowded restaurant and it going dead silent. As if controlled by one brain, a huge restaurant full of very, very, very white people (most all wearing John Deere caps) turned in unison to stare at me with gaping mouths as I walked to our table. I tried to convince K it was her they were looking at because she was so beautiful in that little sun dress. I did not go to the bathroom there.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2010, 01:17 AM   #36
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Waldo, being the traveler that you are I am guessing you've seen this. I've been here many times and some of you might recognize the t-rex from one of my favorite movies "Pee Wee's Big Adventure."
Found near Palm Springs, CA.

Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #37
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Waldo, being the traveler that you are I am guessing you've seen this. I've been here many times and some of you might recognize the t-rex from one of my favorite movies "Pee Wee's Big Adventure."

Sadly, I've never been to Palm Springs, but I do adore that big guy. and PWBA.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #38
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

I want to buy a mini van. Then glue a bunch of little buddha statues on the dashboard. Paint buddha on the hood...and call it the buddha van. I did this before, but the transmission went bad. I would like to take buddha van on a serious road trip...meeting enlightened people along the way.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #39
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhottie25 View Post
I want to buy a mini van. Then glue a bunch of little buddha statues on the dashboard. Paint buddha on the hood...and call it the buddha van. I did this before, but the transmission went bad. I would like to take buddha van on a serious road trip...meeting enlightened people along the way.
Be sure to stop in Santa Fe with it. It would fit right in with the Sea Shell car:

Old 06-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #40
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post

they are a few hours from me, very cool to visit. loved that movie too lol.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote