Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Black Friday

Surprisingly, I didn't see a thread for this so if there is one, I apologize.

What does Black Friday mean to you? Great deals and rock-bottom prices or old ladies being trampled to death in the name of corporate greed? Do you go out into the fray or stay home and lock your doors?

Here is your thread to post about your thoughts, feelings, and experiences around...dun dun dun dun...Black Friday.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,603 Times in 3,972 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

my consignment shop has not been busy for black friday. It IS busy for Small Business Saturday...I am expecting ALOT of customers tomorrow!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Once my mom talked me into a foray with black Friday,never again will I attempt such a crazy thing.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

About 25 years or so ago I was in Dillards (probably called Gayfers back then) I had ventured out on Black Friday. Found a coat, steal of a deal ... this woman followed me around, she wanted it. It was the only one in that size. She weirded me out ... I was a little scared she might try to roll me on the floor for it.

Today, all the particular model of a 12" dewalt miter saw I wanted for a sweet deal at $199.99 sold out at both Lowes and Home Depot before I got there. I am not upset. It was the afternoon before I went to check.

Here is what I find entertaining about Black Fridays as long as:
1. I am not involved
2. No one gets hurt

There will be news clips - actually videos of people (from Jerry Springer show???)
fighting over merchandise in a store. Watching this year's video news clips will crack me up.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

I went for my mom to a black friday shopping event last year to Walmart for video games to wanted to get my nephew. They were in a big cardboard box that had shelves on it, and wrapped in celophane. I met 2 young kids that were there with their mom, they asked me what I wanted, the kids grabbed the games for me cause they were low to the ground and could sit at the box right next to them. HAHAHA I cheated getting my games. But hell if I will ever go out again for another black friday like that one. NEVER AGAIN. I told my sister and mom on Thanksgiving, don't ask me to go black friday shopping.......it AIN"T happening here. LOL
Old 11-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,603 Times in 3,972 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Rocky, I took my father one year to the mall, at Kaufman's, for Black Friday. The man lived on a farm all his life. He went to the grocery store and back. I thought he was going to have an anxiety attack...until I realized what I was seeing on his face was "marvel"....he had never seen anything like that before. The memory is priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Once my mom talked me into a foray with black Friday,never again will I attempt such a crazy thing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #7
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Having worked retail for many, many Black Fridays I see it differently than some. The times where I've actually enjoyed myself doing the whole shebang (getting up before the sun, standing in the lines, freezing our fingers off, dashing for whatever deals we were there for, etc) was when I wasn't in the field and was years and years ago.

I don't dare do it now. Now, it's just vicious.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #8
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow NOPE!

I think it's disgusting how people behave and act towards one another the day after they are supposed to be giving thanks, I find it disturbing that people get hurt, killed, trampled, stabbed or any other violent act for an object.

I also despise that workers have to work in these conditions for regular pay, they should be getting double time and hazard pay for that shit. OR better yet GIVE THEM THE DAY OFF...

I have gone shopping on this day once, I came home traumatized and vowed to never do it again, I haven't since and that was about 19 years ago.

Personally if it was up to me, I'd end it and not let it happen ever again. At least it would keep some people alive if it didn't exist.

E.T.A.

The above post is how *I* feel and view this particular Friday, it is NOT a general sweeping statement of all people who choose to shop on this date.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Last edited by The_Lady_Snow; 11-30-2013 at 08:33 AM. Reason: just makin' sure I am clear
The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #9
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,624 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,624 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

While Black Friday is not new in Canada, I just noticed this year that many stores in Montreal are calling it Vendredi fou. Crazy Friday. Kind of fits.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #11
DaddyNik12

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Domme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sir
Relationship Status:
still searching for ms right

Thanked 1,508 Times in 468 Posts
DaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST ReputationDaddyNik12 Has the BEST Reputation

although I don't work retail for the shoppers but I do work for fast food , and let me tell you we get cussed out because our coffee machine which makes one at a time , and these ppl are cold and ready to go for more shopping , so just think we fast food workers do get the wrath of those shoppers , when they have to wait instead of them going to get the deals

I had to give up my thanksgiving dinner with my son just so you shoppers can go get your deals !! and I agree we should get double pay for giving up our holidays just to make sure you shoppers get your deals

im not criticizing any shoppers just saying .. we have a family also , so please be thankful that we are there to serve your needs as well ..

also I note that anyone that's open for business on thanksgiving day is just greedy ...
Old 11-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #12
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

I agree wholeheartedly with The_Lady_Snow. I get sick to my stomach when I see people being tasered, pummeled, trampled, kicked, and even killed over material goods.

That isn't to say I have a problem with people who shop peaceably on this day. It's just the violence that erupts over things that are ultimately so mundane.

No matter what religion you observe (or don't observe) that is not what the holidays are supposed to be about.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

I am a black Friday shopper-not just for myself, but for people who can't get to the stores themselves. I have family and friends go with me to Wal-Mart and hold our spots in line. This year we got there at 4:30 or so for the 8 pm sale. Good thing we did cuz the store handed out the wrist bands for the 8 pm sales at 6 pm! That was NOT fair, but I didn't make the rules. All total, I saved over $700 for the 4 people I shopped for. They wouldn't have been able to have the gifts they do without the sales and while I do not believe in corporate greed, without these deep discount sales, some of the poorer people can't afford nice things.

Tags
black friday