Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Building Community On Butchfemmeplanet.com

Old 09-28-2011, 11:35 PM   #221
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Google+ for the win. Just saying.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:08 AM   #222
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Google+ for the win. Just saying.
Are you gonna switch?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #223
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Are you gonna switch?
Well I've got both right now. Mostly Google+ is a novelty for me...and I can access it from work (they have facebook blocked but haven't caught on to Google+ yet)
Old 09-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #224
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Redheaded Bellydancing Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

SecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Well I've got both right now. Mostly Google+ is a novelty for me...and I can access it from work (they have facebook blocked but haven't caught on to Google+ yet)
Have you heard about the new profile they just started rolling out? It's basically going to keep track of your life story, they're going to be trying hard to get people to enter their medical history into it, then they'll be selling that information to insurance companies.

Also, FB is changing their privacy policy yet again. Before, information about you could only be stored for 24 hours, then all those apps you've authorized would have to re-download. Now, if you decide to put, say, your home address into your profile and then 10 seconds later think "no, actually that's not a good idea," too bad. It's already too late, and everyone who got that information from your profile (all those apps again, plus Facebook advertisers in general, have your information and they can keep it forever. It will no longer matter what changes you make to your privacy settings, if a piece of information was public for even a second, it's available to anyone who wants to purchase it, forever.

Which is why I'm deleting my account before they get to me in the rollout.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #225
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMa'am View Post
Have you heard about the new profile they just started rolling out? It's basically going to keep track of your life story, they're going to be trying hard to get people to enter their medical history into it, then they'll be selling that information to insurance companies.
No kidding? That's facebook, right? Out MEDICAL histories? So nuts!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #226
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Redheaded Bellydancing Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

SecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yep, Facebook. A lot of people seem to forget that if you're not paying for a service, but the service is making a lot of money, then you are the product being sold. The same is true of Google+, which obviously isn't perfect, but far less invasive than Facebook.
The Following User Says Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #227
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Our rights to privacy have never been so fragile and on the verge of extinction. We pay a high price for the wonders and advantages of technology via the web.

My neice just became a licensed private detective after many years in the insurance claims industry. She decided to put her skills into a means to retire from working for a huge workers comp corporation and work for herself. She showed me the spyware available and just how easy getting information on all of us is just via the internet. From cell phone numbers (oh, you thought these could not be reversed for address, or your tower pings gps coordinates not followed unless by police?), to really very scary access to medical records, including mental health records. Yes, some of these programs require investigative credentials and licensing to aquire- but we all know about black markets, right? Things like sealed records, forget it!! Want to know the details of someones divorce decree? You can get that. Want a list of presciptions someone takes, no problem.

Crazy scary!!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #228
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah I've been toying with deleting my FB account for some time now... especially when I clicked a few things and found my entire contact list from my Blackberry... friends, family yada yada.

And... so... since I have quite a few of you here in this thread there, if I go poof from your friends list just know I didn't un-friend you... =)
Old 09-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #229
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I asked b/c I read an article that included comments from people. It was that day they did whatever the latest change is that everyone hates. Anyway, people in the comments section were talking about ditching FB and switching to Google+

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote