Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 09-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #261
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Jerry Before Seinfeld.;;........Netflix

Jerry Seinfeld returns to The Comic Strip in New York City for a stand-up set at the club that helped launched his career. Interspersed with never-before-seen material -- including a library of legal pads with every joke he's written since 1975, childhood videos, and more.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2017, 05:45 AM   #262
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Free Art & Entertainment Documentaries at LearnOutLoud.com

Free Art & Entertainment Documentaries at LearnOutLoud.com

– Free Audio Downloads
– Free Online Audios
– Free Video Downloads
– Free Online Videos

https://www.learnoutloud.com/Free-Do...-Entertainment
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 04:54 AM   #263
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Old 11-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #264
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Generation Jobless

GENERATION JOBLESS delves into why so many young Canadians are overeducated and underemployed. The reality is that today's twenty-something's are entering an economy in the throes of a seismic shift where globalization and technology are transforming the workplace. Automation is replacing tens of thousands of jobs at a time. Companies fixated on the bottom line are outsourcing jobs and wherever possible getting computers to do the work. Employers are placing a higher premium on experienced workers, unwilling to invest in training new entrants to the workforce. So, young people are caught in a catch 22. How do you get experience if no one will hire you without it? Many are working for free as unpaid interns, just to try and get their foot in the door. And, for the first time in history youth are facing another unique challenge – competition with their parents' generation for the small pool of jobs that do exist. Boomers who are delaying retirement.

By all accounts the problem is only going to get worse. Especially since the key players in Canada –universities, employers and governments – are not working together to find a solution. Canada is the only country in the world without a national body responsible for education and is seen as one of the most decentralized and fragmented countries in the world when it comes to helping young people make a smooth entry into the world of work.

Several experts weigh in on what many are calling the most important social issue of our time – including Francis Fong, TD Bank Economist and author of the report The Plight of Younger Workers that paints a bleak picture of youth employment in Canada; Armine Yalnizyan Sr. Economist, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives who has been tracking trends in the labour market for two decades; and Dr. Paul Cappon, former head of the Canadian Council on Learning a research and advocacy program focused on learning in Canada;

The documentary takes viewers to Switzerland where the youth unemployment rate is 2.8% - the lowest in the developed world. Here the idea of young people graduating with degrees and unable to find jobs is virtually unheard of. Dr. Stefan Wolter, Director of the Coordination Centre For Research In Education, explains how all levels of government, educators and employers, work together to ensure that education and training are linked to employment.

-----------------------

Is less than an hour long. Well worth watching. Very applicable to what is happening in the USA as well.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #265
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rolling Stone: Stories from the Edge

Great documentary that I watched last night on HBO:

"Rolling Stone: Stories From the Edge chronicles the last 50 years of American music, politics and popular culture through the perspective of a magazine that understood rock ‘n’ roll was more than music — it was a cultural force that helped shape America and defined generations."

It really bummed me out to find out that Jann Wenner and his son Gus have put it up for sale. Due to the internet and people not reading newspapers or magazine hard copies much anymore, sales have plummeted.

They previously had sold 49% but had retained controlling interest.

https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/ro...-from-the-edge

https://www.hbo.com/content/hboweb/e.../synopsis.html

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 10:55 AM   #266
EnchantedNightDweller

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her, she
Relationship Status:
Being single is a good thing and I like it.

Thanked 2,462 Times in 803 Posts
EnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST Reputation
Default Secret State - Inside North Korea

My favorite part is when the tour guide describes Kim Jong Un's "mystical birth" during which he changed the weather and a special star appeared in the sky. Those poor people. Grateful to be an American. Thank you veterans and Happy Veteran's Day!:usa
EnchantedNightDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnchantedNightDweller For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2017, 06:57 PM   #267
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default I have not seen it yet but all of the HBO documentaries that I have seen are excellent.

Next Monday, 11/20/17 @ 8:00PM on HBO

Baltimore Rising

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2017, 08:02 PM   #268
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

I've not yet watched it but am excited to see the doc about Joan Didion on Netflix.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:20 AM   #269
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedNightDweller View Post

My favorite part is when the tour guide describes Kim Jong Un's "mystical birth" during which he changed the weather and a special star appeared in the sky. Those poor people. Grateful to be an American. Thank you veterans and Happy Veteran's Day!:usa
i am reading a book about a North Korean deflector. i keep saying the same thing. Grateful to be born and raised in the USA.

i am totally going to watch this
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 08:31 AM   #270
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Take back your power

Utilities around the world are racing to install smart utility meters, which are emerging as anything but smart. This documentary uncovers shocking evidence of in-home privacy, increased utility bills, health risks such as cancer, environmental harm, fires, and unprecedented hacking vulnerability, while lighting the path toward solutions. With compelling insight from whistleblowers, researchers, government agents, lawyers, doctors, and environmentalists.

So much disturbing stuff here. Obama giving billions in stimulus money to fund this "development" irked me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2017, 08:35 AM   #271
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedNightDweller View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. This looks like something right up my alley.

Had to chuckle about the special star thing. Being Catholic, I was raised on a star shown in the east guiding the 3 wise men to the baby Jesus. Coincidence? Or appropriation?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2017, 06:29 PM   #272
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin 2014

A computer programmer becomes fascinated with the digital currency Bitcoin, and through his involvement in the Bitcoin community, we learn about the impending global impact of this amazing new technology.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:49 AM   #273
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Gay & God:Bridging the Gap................
Old 01-24-2018, 08:07 AM   #274
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Manolo.......The Boy Who Made Shoes For Lizards.................

An in-depth portrait of MANOLO BLAHNIK, self-confessed 'cobbler' and the man regarded by most influential fashion figures as 'the best shoe-maker of the 20th and 21st centuries. A film for anyone who has ever looked longingly at a pair of... 'Manolos'.

While I admit I've NEVER looked longingly at a pair, my curiosity got the better of me and I just had to watch this! I enjoyed it.....
Old 02-23-2018, 03:46 PM   #275
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Seeing Allred............

Women's rights attorney Gloria Allred takes on the biggest names in American culture as coverage of sexual assault allegations in the media become more prevalent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2018, 07:49 PM   #276
Signmypapyrus

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Signmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST Reputation

Hm, not my favorite, but I just saw Visages Villages by Agnès Varda, which was really wonderful and lovely! Love her films.
Love The Keepers on Netflix.
Signmypapyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Signmypapyrus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2018, 03:37 AM   #277
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Joan Didion: The Center Will Not Hold (2017)

Literary icon Joan Didion reflects on her remarkable career and personal struggles in this intimate documentary directed by her nephew, Griffin Dunne.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:42 AM   #278
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Nat King Cole: Afraid of the Dark (2014)

Imagine what it would feel like to be the only black television star in Hollywood at a time when the Ku Klux Klan acted out violently against black people, when America groaned under the weight of segregation and prejudice. Imagine being in possession of a natural talent so great, so unique and disarming that these issues were seemingly swept to one side to allow you to perform and be acknowledged for this gift, yet behind closed doors they were trying to think of a way to package you as something you were not: white. This candid account of the actual happenings in and around the "fairytale" life of fame and fortune of Nat King Cole, are taken from the private journals of Nat King Cole and exclusive interviews with the widow of Nat King Cole, Maria Cole, as well as contributions from other family members.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #279
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Everyone at work is talking about the Netflix documentary "Wild Wild Country" about the utopian cult in Oregon from years ago.
I'm not much for tv but it's been a while since I turned mine on and this looks like a decent doc!
Has anyone else seen it yet?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #280
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Everyone at work is talking about the Netflix documentary "Wild Wild Country" about the utopian cult in Oregon from years ago.
I'm not much for tv but it's been a while since I turned mine on and this looks like a decent doc!
Has anyone else seen it yet?
Yes it’s really great. Also see the keepers if you haven’t.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: