Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #3001
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
Hello Crafty Folks,

I have a question....
Curious if anyone has had a table at a bazaar or craft fair before and if they had any hints or suggestions.

Was it worth it (cost wise)? What would you do different or not do?

I am looking at joining a couple this November. And dare I say the last craft fair I participated in I was 8. My best friend and I stenciled gift bags. What a cute memory. We were so earnest!

Thank you!
I have on several different occasions.

Was it worth it? Sometimes. I think it just depended on the venue and what I was selling at the time. i.e I was selling printed tshirts @ pride and made big bang profit, another time I was selling hand made incense holders and made a small profit. and another time I was selling the same tshirts at a gay rodeo and made next to nothing.

Another thing is to watch how much you have to pay for the table/booth -- do you feel that you'll make profit or just break out even?

Recently, I was asked to be part of Trans Selling Art Fair and I paid nothing to be part of it and what I did sell was great because it was extra money for my pocket and the expenses I had to print up for the project.

I wish you good luck on your fairs and sellings this year!! What do you make?

Best to you!
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #3002
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

If anyone wants to reach out via PM, visitor message or psychic connection to Femmenoir or Lady Rain about what their status is for sending me their jewelry projects, please don't hesitate. I am trying but without any luck.

Last edited by nycfem; 10-09-2012 at 05:54 PM.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #3003
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
Hello Crafty Folks,

I have a question....
Curious if anyone has had a table at a bazaar or craft fair before and if they had any hints or suggestions.

Was it worth it (cost wise)? What would you do different or not do?

I am looking at joining a couple this November. And dare I say the last craft fair I participated in I was 8. My best friend and I stenciled gift bags. What a cute memory. We were so earnest!

Thank you!
hey Spritzer! I have done many shows all over the East Coast (SC/NC/Ga/Fla) all with varying degrees of profitability!
1. Our rule of thumb was to recoup about 5 times the booth fee to be of profit. (booth fees being: lowest being $30 and highest being $100)
2. Time...your time...is worth something in addition to cost of suppliesso ALL of that has to be factored in. I would mark up my items 5 times or more dependent on my costs put into them, factoring time.
3. Travel, if any distance at all, is a factor (gas, etc)
4. Cost of meals for doing said show are a factor
Doing Craft Fairs/Shows are a lot of fun if one doesn't have a lot of travel, supply costs, and meals costs.
All I can say is to venture out....nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?
Supply & Demand is also a huge factor.
I found putting a price below an even dollar amount to be a better "marketing ploy" ie: instead of $20, I would do $19.95. You would NOT believe what a difference that number actually made in selling an item. And that was total price. I had factored in my sales taxes so it was that number totallly.
Good luck..what would you be selling, if I may ask???
Selling foods, etc is a HUGE hassle...health inspections, food permits, and those booth fees are always exorbitant!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #3004
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
If anyone wants to reach out via PM, visitor message or psychic connection to Femmenoir or Lady Rain about what their status is for sending me their jewelry projects, please don't hesitate. I am trying but without any luck.
Done!

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #3005
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruss View Post
Okay, I know our latest project isn't done yet. It isn't due until the 30th, but I have a new idea. When would be a good time to present it?

I am ready for the next project
Quote:
How about after we receive our Altoid tins (the project before the jewelry)? You'll know when we receive them because we'll post about it
Back a while ago (September 18th) I had asked about a new project I had an idea for. I am currently displaced and most likely will be moving cities in the next few weeks so I am going to ask if I can present my project idea in the new year.

I look forward to the next project though.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #3006
SingularNYCFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Okay. All right.

SingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am still actively entertaining the notion that one day I might just join in on one of these projects. In the meantime, I want to thank you all for allowing my completely uncrafty self to live vicariously through your thrilling exploits of creativity and wonder!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #3007
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Hey, everyone!

I sent out the jewelry packages today! A few notes:

1) You will all get an extra two back because I never did hear from or receive anything from Lady Rain and Femmenoir. I don't mind waiting as long as is needed if told but since I wasn't even getting responses back from them I just had to give up after a certain amount of time. Thanks to those who also tried to reach out to them.

2) Tommi you made an extra for someone who wasn't in the project, Pixie. I think that is the second time you have done that, and it is very sweet . I sent it back to you.

3) Gemme didn't attach names to her projects, so hers are the cute woven friendship bracelets. I think everyone else labeled theirs who they are from, and some people created special made pieces for individuals.

4) You will love it all! Every person chose something different! Thanks for participating!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #3008
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

So I'm thinking about the next project. I was hoping we'd get our tins from the project (wrangled by Lady Rain) before the jewelry project, but we haven't yet, so maybe we just need to move on. I actually have no doubt that at some point Lady Rain will send us our tins because she's someone who disappears for awhile but ultimately reappears. I will have to do a Rain dance . Seriously, hope everything is okay with you, Lady Rain. We love and worry about you.

I know Laruss mentioned a project for January. Do we want to wait until then given the busy holiday season? Do we want ahk to host a low-maintenance postcard/photo project in between if he is still interested? What do you all think?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #3009
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I would gladly take part in a project
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #3010
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
So I'm thinking about the next project. I was hoping we'd get our tins from the project (wrangled by Lady Rain) before the jewelry project, but we haven't yet, so maybe we just need to move on. I actually have no doubt that at some point Lady Rain will send us our tins because she's someone who disappears for awhile but ultimately reappears. I will have to do a Rain dance . Seriously, hope everything is okay with you, Lady Rain. We love and worry about you.

I know Laruss mentioned a project for January. Do we want to wait until then given the busy holiday season? Do we want ahk to host a low-maintenance postcard/photo project in between if he is still interested? What do you all think?
I'd be up for low maintenance, non time intensive project during the holiday season.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #3011
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I would be up for something very easy and then a project after the holidays.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #3012
SingularNYCFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Okay. All right.

SingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST ReputationSingularNYCFemme Has the BEST Reputation

An easy, low-maintenance dip-your-big-toe-in project might be fun.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #3013
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It's autumn, soon Thanksgiving. How about a short sign up time, something simple as an autumn leaf, a colorful carcboard card, around Thanksgiving.

Then , like the New Year we get back on track. I agree about moving on without my rusty stuck together tins.

I am offf to the races....bye.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #3014
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I'm up for the project ahk suggested.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #3015
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

i am up for an easy project for my first time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #3016
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

HI.

Here I am-- thanks to Peach for giving me an heads up that folks are interested. So who would be interested in a small post card exchange. The one I was thinking about would be: Your World. You take a photograph of "your world" (could be your living room, your work space, your car, your family -- anything that you feel is part of you) and send it to each one who ever is joining.

The last one I did, I took several different pics, wrote on the back of what I was taking a pic of, and who I was, and sent them out randomly. If you use a reg size photo (4x6) all you would need is a postcard stamp --- (.32).

So how does that sound? Sound like your cup of tea? or glass of wine-- If so-- lets do it!!

{PS. -- How do you all do this (as a host or getting them sent out or getting each others addresses etc)}

1. ahk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #3017
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=ahk;675576]HI.

Here I am-- thanks to Peach for giving me an heads up that folks are interested. So who would be interested in a small post card exchange. The one I was thinking about would be: Your World. You take a photograph of "your world" (could be your living room, your work space, your car, your family -- anything that you feel is part of you) and send it to each one who ever is joining.

The last one I did, I took several different pics, wrote on the back of what I was taking a pic of, and who I was, and sent them out randomly. If you use a reg size photo (4x6) all you would need is a postcard stamp --- (.32).

So how does that sound? Sound like your cup of tea? or glass of wine-- If so-- lets do it!!

(PS. -- How do you all do this (as a host or getting them sent out or getting each others addresses etc)

1. ahk
2. Corkey
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #3018
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

I was also wondering -- is there any way for us to put an album together here on bfp with our work that we've done so others can see--- ?
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #3019
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Usually the way we do it is each person who signs up sends you a package containing one of each project for each person participating along with 5 dollars to cover costs for you to mail out packets. However, because this is a simple postcard project, we could instead each PM you our address and then you PM us a list of everyone's address who is participating. Then each of us could mail out our postcards on our own. What do you prefer?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #3020
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

[quote=Corkey;675578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
HI.

(PS. -- How do you all do this (as a host or getting them sent out or getting each others addresses etc)

1. ahk
2. Corkey
3.Jennifer / nycfembbw
adding my name
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types