Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #61
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I've heard it said for years that the motorcycle contingent leading the way down 5th Ave. is one of the best things about the Pride Parade. Many women spectators tell us that we're by far their favourite part. The crowd certainly goes wild when they see us. I can't adequately describe the feeling of euphoria. The other riders are equally unable to say why it's always so very special for us.
I missed it so much this year - it was bittersweet to see friends at Seattle Pride posting pics of the Dykes on Bikes - I was happy to see the pics, but sad that I wasnt there this year.

There is nothing like it for me - all of the screaming and cheers, all of the love ... it's a fantastic feeling.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #62
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

The Motorcycle Show is coming to NYC early this year, Dec. 13th-15th. We all missed the women's booth terribly last year, so we were really happy to hear that the Women's Motorcyclist Foundation hooked up with several other groups including the AMA, WIMA, the Motor Maids, and Women In The Wind to form the Women's Coalition of Motorcyclists. They'll have a booth at the NYC show this year! Many of the NYC Sirens plan to volounteer at the booth. Is anyone else planning to come to the show?

On a selfish, personal note, I just took myself out to Harbor Freight and bought myself the foldable motorcycle trailer I've been wanting. The Trailer In A Bag which I've been over-using for several years doesn't even belong to me, and it went under 5' of salt water during Hurricane Sandy. I've been using it all season anyway, but even I have been nervously concerned about safety lately. My new trailer needs assembly, and I'll feel better if I stiffen up some of the less robust parts, but it was on sale for less than $300!!!!! Yay. I think I like buying myself presents.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #63
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

The Long Beach, Ca Motorcycle show is this weekend, Dec 6, 7, 8. I will be there all weekend, talking with people regarding The Motorcycle Safety Foundation and its Basic Rider Course. Come say hi! I should be with the California Highway Patrol booth on Friday night and with the Women's Motorcyclist Foundation coalition for the rest of the Weekend.

Wish I could come to the NY show too.

Quote:
The Motorcycle Show is coming to NYC early this year, Dec. 13th-15th. We all missed the women's booth terribly last year, so we were really happy to hear that the Women's Motorcyclist Foundation hooked up with several other groups including the AMA, WIMA, the Motor Maids, and Women In The Wind to form the Women's Coalition of Motorcyclists. They'll have a booth at the NYC show this year! Many of the NYC Sirens plan to volounteer at the booth. Is anyone else planning to come to the show?

On a selfish, personal note, I just took myself out to Harbor Freight and bought myself the foldable motorcycle trailer I've been wanting. The Trailer In A Bag which I've been over-using for several years doesn't even belong to me, and it went under 5' of salt water during Hurricane Sandy. I've been using it all season anyway, but even I have been nervously concerned about safety lately. My new trailer needs assembly, and I'll feel better if I stiffen up some of the less robust parts, but it was on sale for less than $300!!!!! Yay. I think I like buying myself presents.
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #64
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

The motorcycle show was seriously under-attended in NYC this year. The weather was dreadful enough to keep many of the usual attendees home, and the early date discouraged some of the usual vendors. It was still fabulous, and it was great to catch up with the riders I only get to see once a year at this event. I bought myself a Condor wheel chock for my not-yet-assembled trailer, plus a few other goodies. I can't wait to get my fabulous new trailer on the road.

A beautiful femme friend who is a really new rider, and who currently owns a bike that's not at all appropriate or comfortable for her, came to sit on bikes. I spent some quality time with her looking at all the new models. I knew I liked her! She has great taste in bikes. She liked all the cool ones that were totally appropriate, and hated all the excessive bikes that were 'all show and no go'. I probably shouldn't admit this, but we bought matching lambskin corsets at one of the cheap leather booths, too.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #65
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The motorcycle show was seriously under-attended in NYC this year. The weather was dreadful enough to keep many of the usual attendees home, and the early date discouraged some of the usual vendors. It was still fabulous, and it was great to catch up with the riders I only get to see once a year at this event. I bought myself a Condor wheel chock for my not-yet-assembled trailer, plus a few other goodies. I can't wait to get my fabulous new trailer on the road.

A beautiful femme friend who is a really new rider, and who currently owns a bike that's not at all appropriate or comfortable for her, came to sit on bikes. I spent some quality time with her looking at all the new models. I knew I liked her! She has great taste in bikes. She liked all the cool ones that were totally appropriate, and hated all the excessive bikes that were 'all show and no go'. I probably shouldn't admit this, but we bought matching lambskin corsets at one of the cheap leather booths, too.
Cheryl, that's wonderful that you helped her understand the importance of finding the right fitting motorcycle. Hopefully at SOME point I can get back there and we can all ride together!
The Following User Says Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #66
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virago View Post
Cheryl, that's wonderful that you helped her understand the importance of finding the right fitting motorcycle. Hopefully at SOME point I can get back there and we can all ride together!
Name the time. Except if your visit falls between Jan. 10th and Feb 9th. I'm taking an epic riding vacation in New Zealand and Australia! I'm not planning much except that I'm landing in Aukland and renting an RF900 so I can ride around aimlessly looking for trouble. Then I fly to Melbourne on Jan 30th and pick up a borrowed ZZR600. Luckily for me, I'll be in Melbourne for their Pride celebration. Hopefully I'll be allowed to ride in the parade with the Melbourne Dykes On Bikes, and then I'll ride around some more in Australia. It's going to be epic, and I'll come home flat broke but happy.

I'll be happy to hear from anyone with advice on interesting places or events in NZ and/or Australia!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #67
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Name the time. Except if your visit falls between Jan. 10th and Feb 9th. I'm taking an epic riding vacation in New Zealand and Australia! I'm not planning much except that I'm landing in Aukland and renting an RF900 so I can ride around aimlessly looking for trouble. Then I fly to Melbourne on Jan 30th and pick up a borrowed ZZR600. Luckily for me, I'll be in Melbourne for their Pride celebration. Hopefully I'll be allowed to ride in the parade with the Melbourne Dykes On Bikes, and then I'll ride around some more in Australia. It's going to be epic, and I'll come home flat broke but happy.

I'll be happy to hear from anyone with advice on interesting places or events in NZ and/or Australia!
If you're writing a blog about this adventure, I'd love to read it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #68
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virago View Post
If you're writing a blog about this adventure, I'd love to read it!
Naah. I'm going to have enough trouble just remembering to take photos. I haven't taken pics on any of my other adventures because I felt like I was in the moment, and didn't want to stop to capture something in order to to see it again in some future moment. Now that my memory is dimming I sort of regret those choices.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #69
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

This is awesome. A motorcycle powered by bacon. No, I'm not making this up:

http://drivenbybacon.com
Old 08-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #70
Cole610

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You, Dude
Relationship Status:
Single

Cole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST Reputation

The first bike I ever rode was a 1977 AMF - Harley Davidson. 250 cc.
It was purple in colour, it was bad ass, I was 14.
My father purchased the bike for the “family” 6 kids. I was the only one
who rode it. No one could pry my hands from the bars.
I drove the bike illegally for about 2 yrs and after numerous small wipe outs I finally
had to put it out to pasture after I went flying into a ditch. I flew over the handle bars face first into black berry brambles. I had numerous small droplets of blood running down my face and one tear.
Cole610 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole610 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #71
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

I rode my friends mini bike when I was about 10.....right into a tree.

Then about seven years ago I took the motorcycle class and passed it with the highest grade. Then I went to test drive bikes. I found a couple I could actually fit on and hold up. But being on the road with traffic, even just for the test drive, scared the hell out of me so I never got a bike.

Then a couple of years ago my best friend got a Can-am Spyder. It looked so cool and had three wheels so I wouldn't have to hold it up and it's big. But damn at the price...oh well.

Then a month ago she tells me she's selling it because she never rides it and wants the money for another expense. She sold it to me for a song, and threw in two helmets, winter and summer gloves, winter and summer jackets.

So I finally have a bike! It's the Spyder RTS, the touring version. My friend never skimps, so it is loaded with all kinds of bells and whistles. It's my daily driver. I've almost put more miles on it in the month I've had it than she did in the two years she did.

I'm not in any clubs, but am in a couple of groups on FB that also ride locally. I'll be joining them for my first long ride next weekend. Down country roads to Lynchburg. Then this October I'll be going to Spyders in the Smokies and riding the Dragon!
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #72
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama View Post

Then about seven years ago I took the motorcycle class and passed it with the highest grade. Then I went to test drive bikes. I found a couple I could actually fit on and hold up. But being on the road with traffic, even just for the test drive, scared the hell out of me so I never got a bike.

Then a couple of years ago my best friend got a Can-am Spyder. It looked so cool and had three wheels so I wouldn't have to hold it up and it's big. But damn at the price...oh well.

Then a month ago she tells me she's selling it because she never rides it and wants the money for another expense. She sold it to me for a song, and threw in two helmets, winter and summer gloves, winter and summer jackets.

So I finally have a bike! It's the Spyder RTS, the touring version. My friend never skimps, so it is loaded with all kinds of bells and whistles. It's my daily driver. I've almost put more miles on it in the month I've had it than she did in the two years she did.

I'm not in any clubs, but am in a couple of groups on FB that also ride locally. I'll be joining them for my first long ride next weekend. Down country roads to Lynchburg. Then this October I'll be going to Spyders in the Smokies and riding the Dragon!
That's a great story. I hope your trip is fantastic.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #73
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

This is a great story!!!! PJ...you will LOVE Tail O' the Dragon.....it is very near my homeplace....it is 22 hairpin curves over 11 miles!!! There is a tree of shame....you will have to see.
I was Chapter Director for about 7 years for our group B.R.A.T.S. (Babes riding around the South) a local chapter of Women on Wheels. Group now defunct...sadly! I LOVED our group!!!

Anyway, you will truly love that area of NC! The Smokies is some great riding. Check out Cherohola Skyway for more great riding areas!

Safe travels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama View Post

Old 05-05-2016, 12:05 PM   #74
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Sturgis, SD... Rented an Indian and rode Badlands! So much fun, highly recommend.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:09 PM   #75
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Our first track day of the season on Monday. I'll finally be riding the bike of my dreams. It's a new-to-me BMW S1000RR!!!!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:52 AM   #76
Cole610

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You, Dude
Relationship Status:
Single

Cole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST Reputation

Well we just had the warmest April on record, here in Vancouver BC.
Made for some great early season riding. I currently ride a Kawasaki Ninja 650. Its a fun bike and one of the more comfortable bikes Ive had.
Cole610 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cole610 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #77
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

85 mile ride locally today.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:03 PM   #78
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Monday will be my 5th track day on my new-to-me dream bike. I'll be venturing outside the comfort of my home group which holds most of their track days at an older, inferior track. It's also a six hour drive from my house. The far better, far newer track is only four and a half hours away, but my home group is so cool that it's totally worth the extra miles. Nobody ever says stupid stuff about women riding at the track, and the aggression level is quite pleasantly low. Every time I take a track day with a different group at the beautiful, new, and relatively close track, and I mean EVERY single time, with every single group, the attendees are overwhelmingly stupid and cursed with testosterone poisoning. They make idiotic comments about gender in general and my gender in particular. They're in some sort of primal competition at all times, and they're just plain irritating to be around. Not to mention that it's not particularly safe to be out on the track with men who are so desperately afraid of a GRRRRRRLLL passing them that they do really stupid stuff when I zip by. I hope this turns out well.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:34 AM   #79
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Quote:
Monday will be my 5th track day on my new-to-me dream bike. I'll be venturing outside the comfort of my home group which holds most of their track days at an older, inferior track. It's also a six hour drive from my house. The far better, far newer track is only four and a half hours away, but my home group is so cool that it's totally worth the extra miles. Nobody ever says stupid stuff about women riding at the track, and the aggression level is quite pleasantly low. Every time I take a track day with a different group at the beautiful, new, and relatively close track, and I mean EVERY single time, with every single group, the attendees are overwhelmingly stupid and cursed with testosterone poisoning. They make idiotic comments about gender in general and my gender in particular. They're in some sort of primal competition at all times, and they're just plain irritating to be around. Not to mention that it's not particularly safe to be out on the track with men who are so desperately afraid of a GRRRRRRLLL passing them that they do really stupid stuff when I zip by. I hope this turns out well.
It was fantastic! Idiot quotient was set on low. Very low. Yay! There were at least 6 other women in attendance. I would go back to another track day with the new group in a heartbeat. YAY!!!!!
Old 05-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #80
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Member Photo Albums

Took Old Girl up to get gas for the first time this riding season. Thursday I'm getting my saddlebags put on.

Tags
bikes, riding