Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I've been able to have a bit of a play with my bass guitar a bit this last couple of days. Fun, but my playing isn't going to set the world alight, I can't get further away from open strings than the fifth fret. Aaaand my fingering isn't as precise as it could be (ooer, missus! 8-}) But then - I remember The Adverts.
Heh. Eheheheheheheh!
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #21322
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,996 Times in 9,940 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2017, 10:12 PM   #21323
LOQUI

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Non Binary, Trans, Always Me. :)

Thanked 2,486 Times in 848 Posts
LOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST ReputationLOQUI Has the BEST Reputation

In a Heartbeat - Animated Short Film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REkk9SCRn0

and...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iDwRbV7F1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iDwRbV7F1U
LOQUI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LOQUI For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2017, 04:53 AM   #21324
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,096 Times in 8,592 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default "Banksy Strikes Again, With Nod to Basquiat"

A mural painted by the artist Banksy, near the Barbican Center in London. The art work appeared to herald the start of a major exhibition of Jean-Michel Basquiat’s work, opening on Thursday at the Barbican. Peter Nicholls/Reuters

LONDON — People lining up at a ticket booth under a Ferris wheel. Police officers questioning a skeleton figure as his dog looks on. Two new Banksys have popped up at the Barbican Center here, authenticated on Sunday by the British graffiti artist on his Instagram account.

The pieces, which refer to the work of the American artist Jean-Michel Basquiat, appear to herald the start of a major exhibition of Basquiat’s work, opening on Thursday at the Barbican Center.

“Major new Basquiat show opens at the Barbican — a place that is normally very keen to clean any graffiti from its walls,” Banksy wrote alongside the black-and-white image of the Ferris wheel, which displays crowns — a popular Basquiat motif — instead of passenger cars. Under the image of the boy and the police, a reference to Basquiat’s 1982 “Boy and Dog in a Johnnypump,” Banksy wrote: “Portrait of Basquiat being welcomed by the Metropolitan police — an (unofficial) collaboration with the new Basquiat show.”

The artworks are perhaps a homage. Basquiat, who died of a suspected drug overdose at 27, in 1988, began his career as a graffiti artist before going on to become a celebrated art-world figure, acclaimed for his primitive, boldly colored figures, textual fragments and raw imagery that often referred to African history, slavery and colonialism.

The Barbican exhibition, “Boom for Real,” is the first large-scale British show of Basquiat’s work and will feature over 100 works as well as notebooks, photographs and archival materials.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/a...an-center.html
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2017, 04:58 AM   #21325
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kara Walker Is Tired of Talking. But Her Canvases Scream.

Detail of Kara Walker’s “Christ’s Entry into Journalism, 2017,” from a new show of work at Sikkema Jenkins in Manhattan.

Kara Walker has had enough.

Since her 1994 New York debut, at just 24 years old, at the Drawing Center, she and her artworks have been hailed as “exquisite” “skillful” “ingenious” and “triumphant.” She has won a MacArthur fellowship, was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Letters and has been widely praised as among the most important black artists working today. No pressure or anything.

Ms. Walker is, as she writes in the artist statement for her new show at Sikkema Jenkins & Co. in New York, “tired of ‘having a voice’ or worse, ‘being a role model.’ ” She is fed up with “being a featured member of my racial group and/or gender niche.” She also notes that her new work is not “activist” and we shouldn’t expect answers from her: “I roll my eyes, fold my arms and wait.”

Well, this is what Ms. Walker rolling her eyes and folding her arms looks like: a 151-by-191-inch work at the show, in sumi ink and collage, titled “Christ’s Entry Into Journalism,” which combines the imagined and the real as well as the past and present. My eye immediately went to the faces of James Brown and the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Then I noticed Frederick Douglass giving a Black Power salute while holding the swastika-stamped head of what appears to be Donald Trump — an obvious allusion to the moment, a few months back, when the president seemed to believe Douglass, who died in 1895, was alive.

Elsewhere in the illustration, the president’s look-alike makes another appearance. This time he peeks out from between a Klansman’s legs. The Trump-like character wags his tongue while defecating. In another part of the collage, two black girls swing on a trapeze. Look closer and you see the body of a lynched black man hanging on the branch between them.

A white woman carries Trayvon Martin’s hoodie-covered head on a tray. A black man is attacked by a police officer in riot gear who holds a turkey leg in one hand and a cellphone in the other. There is a Confederate battle flag. An American flag. And an arm in a Nazi salute.

This is just one of her pieces in a show of 22.

While Ms. Walker’s work has always reflected the realities of black America, it has typically focused on the past, particularly the slavery of African-Americans. Never has she so blatantly illustrated the modern.

That is why the dissonance between her canvases and her statement has rubbed many people the wrong way. One person said the statement wasn’t “incredibly innovative or interesting or even resistant.” Another called it “foolish.” Nell Painter, an acclaimed historian-turned-painter, saw a paradox in being “tired of being a role model, but still making art about slavery.” One critic even suggested that if Ms. Walker is sick of her platform, she should “sit down.”

The outrage is tediously predictable — and of a piece with the debate that has flared over the political responsibility of artists and celebrities since the election of Donald Trump. Richard Prince disavowed an image he created of Ivanka Trump years ago and returned the money he got from selling it. In January, the artist Christo abandoned a project he’d worked on for over 20 years because it was on federal land and he couldn’t condone working to the benefit of the current government. Meryl Streep was greeted with hosannas for her outspoken criticism of the president; Taylor Swift’s silence has been condemned.

Ms. Walker gets all this — perhaps better than most, given that her work has long been criticized by prominent artists, black and white, who say it is reductive. In 1997, the black artist Betye Saar led a letter-writing campaign against Ms. Walker’s work, the same year that Howardena Pindell, another black artist, said that Ms. Walker “consciously or unconsciously seems to be catering to the bestial fantasies about blacks created by white supremacy and racism.” Two years later, Ms. Saar said that Ms. Walker’s art was “revolting and negative and a form of betrayal to the slaves, particularly women and children” and that “it was basically for the amusement and the investment of the white art establishment.” As Ms. Walker wryly put it in an interview with New York magazine in April: “We’re in too much of a celebrity culture, but at least that means I can be a disappointment to others.”

Her finger-wagging critics are missing the point when they go after her artist statement, which is nothing less than a big middle finger to our current culture of flame wars and empty words. Her statement is another way of saying: Ignore the hot air. Open your eyes and look at the work. The work is saying something strong and clear. It said to this viewer that this country is sick and perhaps we congratulated ourselves too much and too early for moving forward. Progress can so quickly crumble into chaos.

If you do open your eyes, you will be schooled by a modern master on American history, racism, aesthetics and politics. It’s far more powerful than any artist statement.

Tariro Mzezewa (@tariro) is a staff editor for the Opinion section.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/o...es-scream.html
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #21326
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Dave Grohl & Will Ferrell..... cover Stevie Nicks (L&L).
Old 09-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #21327
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Old 09-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #21328
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,277 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

This afternoon I passed a red pickup truck, 4 door which had camouflage trim over the wheels, the doors and on the grill they had added to the front of the truck. Why? They're hiding the trim from the deer?
Old 09-29-2017, 01:02 PM   #21329
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 05:50 AM   #21330
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had oatmeal for breakfast.

How's that for random?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2017, 09:14 AM   #21331
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #21332
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,587 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
Awww ... Now I want my own otter!
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 08:24 AM   #21333
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
vibing

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2017, 11:39 AM   #21334
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2017, 11:45 AM   #21335
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 10-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #21336
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2017, 11:58 AM   #21337
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 05:58 AM   #21338
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Napping

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 06:16 AM   #21339
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Secret Fore Edge Paintings

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2017, 06:25 AM   #21340
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Sunday Funny Times

A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:

Tags
randomly, randomly post, stuff