Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-09-2018, 11:47 AM   #7061
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,056 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I'm feeling sad but I have to say this...Breathless, I didn't get your project in the mail yet. I was home in time to check in the office and there were no packages for me. It seems so unfair when you mailed it well ahead of time. I'm so sorry.

I will wait until the mail comes on Monday to see if it arrives before sending the packages out to everyone. I'm putting them together this weekend.

nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 03:48 AM   #7062
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

It is what it is.. there is nothing that I could do to change it from here. Had I been home, I could have redone my project and overnighted it.. however silly me thought 3 weeks was enough time for a simple envelope with no customs declaration needed as it was just paper and glue and a bit of sparkly ink to make it to the southern regions of the USA.. Lesson learned.. I hope that it is received by Monday, and I really wanted you all to receive them.. I really liked this project.
Well.. more time for homework I guess.. (insert a really pouty, yet pointless pouty face)
Old 06-11-2018, 06:57 AM   #7063
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,448 Times in 10,178 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going to throw this out to our group..

I think there could be a special exception for Breathless. She planned far in advance. We had 6 weeks and her project has been traveling for half of the time spent of the project. I really don't think we should time her out. Think of all the times she has been on time. Yet alone the money she spends on shipping.
Perhaps the collection of cards already received could still be sent. Once hers arrives, they can easily be sent in a letter envelope.

I'm willing to let any outside the country crafter have a little more leeway, if the need should arise.

Anybody else?

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 07:16 AM   #7064
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I'm going to throw this out to our group..

I think there could be a special exception for Breathless. She planned far in advance. We had 6 weeks and her project has been traveling for half of the time spent of the project. I really don't think we should time her out. Think of all the times she has been on time. Yet alone the money she spends on shipping.
Perhaps the collection of cards already received could still be sent. Once hers arrives, they can easily be sent in a letter envelope.

I'm willing to let any outside the country crafter have a little more leeway, if the need should arise.

Anybody else?
I was thinking the same thing. Breathless sent her project out well in advance and it's not late because of anything within her control. She wasn't late, didn't send things out at the last minute. I think sometimes there are exceptions to a rule. I agree with Besame.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 05:38 PM   #7065
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 26,952 Times in 5,063 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Breathless sent her project out well in advance and it's not late because of anything within her control. She wasn't late, didn't send things out at the last minute. I think sometimes there are exceptions to a rule. I agree with Besame.
I agree with Bèsame* and CCB.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 05:58 PM   #7066
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,775 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
It is what it is.. there is nothing that I could do to change it from here. Had I been home, I could have redone my project and overnighted it.. however silly me thought 3 weeks was enough time for a simple envelope with no customs declaration needed as it was just paper and glue and a bit of sparkly ink to make it to the southern regions of the USA.. Lesson learned.. I hope that it is received by Monday, and I really wanted you all to receive them.. I really liked this project.
Well.. more time for homework I guess.. (insert a really pouty, yet pointless pouty face)
You know what? The envelope may have been the issue. Stuff I've sent up there tends to get there faster when I do send it in a package through customs. It still takes 7 forevers, but not as long as the envelopes I've sent up. I think there's one that never even made it to the person I was mailing.

Nan's the wrangler, so I'm comfortable leaving decisions regarding this particular round up to her.

I would suggest in the future to maybe give more time up front for projects involving sis or Breathless or if someone else from outside the US joins in. That would give more time for travel purposes and prevent holding anything up in the back end. We always like more time, right?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #7067
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

For whatever my thoughts might be worth on this project ...

You'd think getting stuff in/out of our closest neighbor would be fairly easy... oy, it's not. So... Canada deserves an accommodation and special dispensation!*

*I know... redundant ... I just like saying ... special dispensation.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 06:11 AM   #7068
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I took a night to think about this after reading all of your responses about making an exception for Breathless. It is important to me that we are being fair, and not letting one person be late and still participate, yet waiting a few days and sending the project out late and banning that person for 6 months. (This happened to PurePisces last project when she was sick and was a couple days late, and she is on a 6 month time out).

Can we please have a discussion about this and find a way to make it fair for those who live outside the US? I do understand it is not Breathless's fault her project is not in my hands yet, but I would like something in black and white decided on and written out before the next project is completed.

I don't feel the wrangler should have the responsibility (burden) of making this kind of decision. If they ban someone for 6 months they look like an ass, if they go the other way and give special consideration to someone they are not following the rules. My mail concern is fairness, and having the rules followed so no one has to feel like they are favoring or not favoring someone.

With that said most are in favor of not penalizing Breathless, so this time hers will be sent out separate when I get them, and we will not have to wait to start another project...in which she may participate.

I'll be sending the rest out tomorrow in a padded smaller gold envelope.

I'm OK with ideas for the next project, any ideas?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #7069
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
I took a night to think about this after reading all of your responses about making an exception for Breathless. It is important to me that we are being fair, and not letting one person be late and still participate, yet waiting a few days and sending the project out late and banning that person for 6 months. (This happened to PurePisces last project when she was sick and was a couple days late, and she is on a 6 month time out).

Can we please have a discussion about this and find a way to make it fair for those who live outside the US? I do understand it is not Breathless's fault her project is not in my hands yet, but I would like something in black and white decided on and written out before the next project is completed.

I don't feel the wrangler should have the responsibility (burden) of making this kind of decision. If they ban someone for 6 months they look like an ass, if they go the other way and give special consideration to someone they are not following the rules. My mail concern is fairness, and having the rules followed so no one has to feel like they are favoring or not favoring someone.

With that said most are in favor of not penalizing Breathless, so this time hers will be sent out separate when I get them, and we will not have to wait to start another project...in which she may participate.

I'll be sending the rest out tomorrow in a padded smaller gold envelope.

I'm OK with ideas for the next project, any ideas?

Very well spoken, nan, as always! I know I put it in your lap and that may have been a bit unfair as well but this is your wrangle and I didn't want to stomp all over it.

Honestly, I know I can be a bit harsh when it comes to rules. My first instinct was that it wasn't on time, end of story. We've laid out rules for this very thing and those rules were put in place for very good reasons.

That being said, to my knowledge, there was an effort to get them here in a reasonable amount of time. Pure got dealt a bad hand. She was doing the projects and came down sick. Not much one can do about that. I appreciate that she took some time to get better, for herself and for the recipients of her project. I think the difference is that Breathless' projects were completed well within the time frame. The problem was in the distribution method.

What I would suggest for Breathless that she use DHL every time she sends a package to us. She's used it before on my wrangles and that worked out well. I'm sure it's more costly but most guaranteed things are. For us in the US, I recommend ALWAYS sending something that can be tracked with priority or whatever.

The hard part is when the wrangler initially puts their idea out there, there's no way of knowing right away if there will be an international participant or not, so it's hard to come up with a set time frame that would be accommodating to the participants but still keep things moving so the next round isn't held up. Maybe change the time frame of when we post the dates and details? Give an outline about the project but hold off on dates until the final sign up is tallied?

Right now, we're basing the time allotted on the projects. Some projects are obviously easier to finish than others. That seems fair to me. I wouldn't want to wait 2 months for an ATC or Post Secret project to finish but I would expect it, or longer, for matchbox or other time intensive projects.

We've always been democratic here so what are the suggestions? For us to say, let her eat cake!, I think we should have something in play if this situation comes up again. Or, we leave things as they are and if it does come up again, there's a 6 month vacation, no discussion.

For the next project, I'm pretty open. I did one not too long ago, so I'll wait to see what's out there in our swirly brains.

BUT

I do have to say, I've loved watching CCB go through her 30 Days of Mermay (or whatever the official title is). I would love for us to do something simple like that, to have one topic plus a prompt, and to see what everyone comes up with. It wouldn't have to be mermaids (but, they are awesome!) but it should be something that could be interpreted in unlimited ways. So, when my turn comes around again, I would love to do something like that.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 07:52 AM   #7070
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

I'm getting ready to leave home for a few hours (I start work again tomorrow after 5 weeks off) and I appreciate your input Gemme. I;m kind of a stickler for rules as well, they are there so the group/wrangler doesn't have to be in a hard place making a decision like this. How do the rest of you feel.

I'll catch up with y'all later, until them HUGS!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #7071
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking as someone who's been timed out, it sucks. But I took my medicine when I didn't get my project out. There is a part of me that's a stickler for the rules, too. We kinda had the rule in place with the idea that no exceptions were to be made, period. Maybe we should keep it that way.

However, I do feel for Breathless. It's not a matter of her being late on the project, or sending it out last minute. Those things are within one's control, the horrible mailing system from Canada cannot be helped. That's what makes me think special dispensation for out of US participants, as Lyte put it.

Honestly, I'd be ok either way with what the group decides. But I can see both sides of the issue.

NOT helpful, I know. Typical Pisces.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 07:34 PM   #7072
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 26,952 Times in 5,063 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Honestly, I'd be ok either way with what the group decides. But I can see both sides of the issue.

NOT helpful, I know. Typical Pisces.
Good arguments all around. Well, now I don't know what I think. I think I will once again go with CCB - whatever everyone else decides is okay with me.

(Not a Pisces. But my inner bull has made peace with my Taurean instinctual love of rules.)

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 08:30 PM   #7073
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Just two thoughts...

Six months seems like a very time... just on the face of it... and therefore I feel for anyone who would have to suffer such a fate. But... admittedly... I don't know how many projects are typically completed in six months. I'm going to guess, depending on on the project, between two and three? Why aren't people sidelined by X number of projects, rather than a time period.

Everyone needs a free pass now and then. So, going forward everyone gets one ... only if... the project is no more than X number of days late.

Okay, three thoughts...

If it's well established what works... eg: time frames and modes of shipping... then it's not "unfair" to set expectations. Now, if it's discovered that what worked before no longer does... then new parameters must be set... and in turn... new accountability standards reestablished. <~ maybe it's time for that?
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #7074
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Just two thoughts...

Six months seems like a very time... just on the face of it... and therefore I feel for anyone who would have to suffer such a fate. But... admittedly... I don't know how many projects are typically completed in six months. I'm going to guess, depending on on the project, between two and three? Why aren't people sidelined by X number of projects, rather than a time period.

Everyone needs a free pass now and then. So, going forward everyone gets one ... only if... the project is no more than X number of days late.

Okay, three thoughts...

If it's well established what works... eg: time frames and modes of shipping... then it's not "unfair" to set expectations. Now, if it's discovered that what worked before no longer does... then new parameters must be set... and in turn... new accountability standards reestablished. <~ maybe it's time for that?
I think part of the problem with this is the rule really does need to be short, sweet, to the point, and have no exceptions except perhaps in an extreme case such as this. Maybe we need to decide NO exceptions really means no exceptions.The more I think about it, the more I am leaning that way. I sat out six months and it goes by quicker than you think. It seems harsh but I think it's fair because being late is just not ok to the other participants who put the time in to be one time and we even have a grace period! That's what the additional week is for--unforseen little blibps and blops so you can still get your project in. I think that the way it's set up now is fair. I don't think the punishment is too harsh.

Maybe chalk it up to learning how to mail things from Canada in order to expedite the process? Gemme had some good thoughts on that.

My Patreon

My Website
Old 06-13-2018, 09:04 AM   #7075
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,893 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not always able to participate in group art projects, due to certain constraints (economic means or because of post office USPS concerns), but as an bystander, I felt terrible for both Purepieces and ccb, and now I feel badly for Breathless.

The past two times I've participated, I knew our postal services might be an deal breaker, so I just made up my mind to get my post secret and atc's done and sent off, asap, because I worried that the postal service would not deliver my art envelope in timely ways. Last summer, because our postal carrier retired, I didn't get mail for nearly an whole month, and when our mail boxes were robbed last winter, it was three months before I could get mail at home.

My heart goes out to those who've not been able to complete art projects or faced unintentional postal service issues.

In other art related news: I most likely won't be able to participate in an group art project until maybe fall or around the winter holidays due to big changes in my life that need my full attention.

I look forward to seeing everyone's art and until next time, may the Art Goddess be with you all.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #7076
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Just two thoughts...

I think the time period is the easiest way to say 'stop, start' but this is an option as well. I would be open to discussing this further.

Too difficult to keep track of who is on their pass(es). We can barely get folks to put the 'on a 6 month hiatus' notification in their posts as it is plus we didn't come up with the hiatuses right off the bat. People continually sent stuff in late, with no money, et cetera. We've used free passes in the past. I'm a veto for this.

Okay, three thoughts...

We set these parameters after years of dealing with some of the issues I mentioned above and more. Though I started this thread here in 2009, we were doing this on the previous site too so there's a LOT of history. Newcomers haven't been privy to that history, so I'm sure that it seems we're a bit bullheaded about it all when, in reality, we've just seen a lot more and have had the heartbreak of having our projects just lost or forgotten and that's a bitter pill to swallow.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #7077
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default and clay weighs in....

So, I have watched & read all the posts, vascillating back & forth. So I will now weigh in...with my own $.02
I agree with all that has been said in Gemme's previous post.

It is especially disheartening trying to get folks to post their hiatus period, as was all agreed upon in the original discussion & acceptance of these parameters!

These rules were not hastily made, we continually had late, missing, and even moneyless projects.
No matter how I express my thoughts, I run risk of being the "ass" as nanners so elegantly said.... But it has really been heavy on my heart & mind, so I will try to explain my thoughts, kindly & gently.

IN NO WAY am I trying to point a finger or make anyone feel badly, but the facts are the facts.

I think the world of Breathless, and in this instance, it is that particular package arrival that is the delay. I WANT her to be able to come in again. By that same token, we made the rules, all agreed, and I feel if we have to keep making decisions, making allowances for this and not for that, then we kind of shoot ourselves in the foot.

That rule came about after more than once several projects by a few participants were either late, never received, etc. for whatever the reason.

If this were an isolated incident that had happened, by all means, allow special consideration. But, and again, am NOT trying to be the meanie here, it has happened on more than a couple of occasions with mail either being totally lost or arriving post deadline. To her credit, Breathless did do a hurried up remake of one of the projects & spent the extra $$ to get them here.

I wholeheartedly know it sucks for Breathless to have to wait 6 months to participate in projects. I can only imagine having to wait, but it WAS a collaborative group effort with input to put the 6 months wait into effect. It was done by a fairly consistent group of participants, and everyone got a say so..

That came about after more than once several projects by a few participants were either late, never received, etc. I know for myself, it was always disheartening to never get some of the projects for whatever the reason.
Everyone had their reasons, and I understand sometimes things will just happen with receiving projects from Canada. I agree they should most definitely be sent in a package form, by DHL. That way it CAN be tracked.

I am all for adding in an extra 2 weeks for Breathless & Sis, for future projects. I am okay with that. Be it at front end of or back end of projects.

Most projects are at the very least 6 weeks timeframes....that is ample time to get projects done...and again, allow an extra 2 weeks for out of country participants!

As I said, I am all for the extra time, but I can honestly say, sometimes, we are all probably in that frame of mind, thinking, oh I have x number of weeks, so I can wait to get it done & in mail, etc. or to start them, then send "rapid mail delivery"..so procrastination can sometimes happen with the longer time frames...and bring us back to the same issue once again later down the pike.

I feel it would only be fair to give both purepisces & Breathless special dispensation for this time...or neither gets a pass.
. I would not feel it fair to give dispensation to one and not the other.

I am just wanting the rules to be fairly applied to everyone.......either all or none...

And I have one extra accolade for CCB.

I am so proud of CCB, she took her "medicine" & she has made every effort to be on time, every time, and usually she is first in with returned projects! Good job, kiddo!

Now, what is our next project, and who wants to wrangle....
Old 06-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #7078
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
And I have one extra accolade for CCB.

I am so proud of CCB, she took her "medicine" & she has made every effort to be on time, every time, and usually she is first in with returned projects! Good job, kiddo!

Now, what is our next project, and who wants to wrangle....
Thank you, clay! I learned my lesson LOL, now apply it to knowing I have to be on the front end of things or it won't get done.

I'd like to try and wrangle this next one. Gemme mentioned my Mermay project which was a challenge issued by artist Jane Davenport to create a mermaid for every day of the month of may. Each day had a different prompt, up to the person doing the artwork to interpret. I'd like to come up with a prompt and have everyone do an original work of art based on that prompt but I still have a little thinking about logistics and how to work out doing a project which is a larger undertaking.

I'm thinking each person makes and receives one original work of art, people to be randomly assigned. Sized the same, same prompt. But I just can;t see doing an original work for an entire group of people. Also, it would allow for more people to participate because we won't have to be worried about creating 6, 7, 10 individual paintings.

Therefore this would be a project where we have to be REALLY careful to sign up for because you will leave your assigned partner emptyhanded if you don't follow through.

These are my initial thoughts. I am thinking either mermaids or unicorns. If I wrangle I decide and decide the prompt. That's the catch. :P

My Patreon

My Website
Old 06-13-2018, 04:41 PM   #7079
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Thank you, clay! I learned my lesson LOL, now apply it to knowing I have to be on the front end of things or it won't get done.

I'd like to try and wrangle this next one. Gemme mentioned my Mermay project which was a challenge issued by artist Jane Davenport to create a mermaid for every day of the month of may. Each day had a different prompt, up to the person doing the artwork to interpret. I'd like to come up with a prompt and have everyone do an original work of art based on that prompt but I still have a little thinking about logistics and how to work out doing a project which is a larger undertaking.

I'm thinking each person makes and receives one original work of art, people to be randomly assigned. Sized the same, same prompt. But I just can;t see doing an original work for an entire group of people. Also, it would allow for more people to participate because we won't have to be worried about creating 6, 7, 10 individual paintings.

Therefore this would be a project where we have to be REALLY careful to sign up for because you will leave your assigned partner emptyhanded if you don't follow through.

These are my initial thoughts. I am thinking either mermaids or unicorns. If I wrangle I decide and decide the prompt. That's the catch. :P
YVW my friend! While it isn't meant to be a "bitter pill", the rules have to be in play!

NOW, this sounds really cool, BUT I do not know if I can "afford" to do one every day for a month, etc. BUT I will wait to see how, what, why, where, & when...you know, all those pesky little parameters to keep us all on the straight & narrow.....

I haven't been on very much last few weeks for various reasons, BUT I DO always check for this thread & my amazing friends here...I love us all!
Old 06-13-2018, 04:45 PM   #7080
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
YVW my friend! While it isn't meant to be a "bitter pill", the rules have to be in play!

NOW, this sounds really cool, BUT I do not know if I can "afford" to do one every day for a month, etc. BUT I will wait to see how, what, why, where, & when...you know, all those pesky little parameters to keep us all on the straight & narrow.....

I haven't been on very much last few weeks for various reasons, BUT I DO always check for this thread & my amazing friends here...I love us all!
Oh, I didn;t mean do it for a month. Just ONE piece. I was just using the mermaid prompt story as the jumping off point for this project.

My Patreon

My Website

Tags
artists, creative types