Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-15-2018, 05:00 AM   #7101
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I like it. I feel the same as you in that the subject should be the same but you're going to be the only one who sees that all of them are the same. Would everyone be willing for CCB to post a pic on the site (there's a spot for our stuff in the gallery already) once we've received them back to show the different interpretations?

The other option is that each pairing do the same subject but that could get very complicated for CCB.

Other than that, I think the time frame is good. The size is good. I can work with the prompt.

Sorry for the questions. You know how we get.

You did good, kid!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 09:00 AM   #7102
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default AWESOME idea!!!

I am on board with all of the parameters mentioned. I DO have several cold pressed watercolor tablets and LOVE it. I use it on our projects often! I also have a plethora of watercolors in my studio apt!

I like we all have the SAME subject...mermaids....

I like how the pairings will be random drawings, and how "odd number" signups will be done. I agree you should get two and do two if the signups turn out odd numbers!

I like the timeline!

Clear, precise parameters!

Proud of you, kid!! Good job!!
Old 06-15-2018, 11:21 AM   #7103
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 26,952 Times in 5,063 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with everything CCB. The only thing I ask that you add is Gemme's suggestion of posting pics of our artwork after we have received them. It feels very unfair (!) and also misses out on an important aspect of the project if only you get to see all the artworks and different interpretations, and we each only get to see one. I realize this is also asking you to do extra work, but I would personally appreciate it very much. One alternative I can suggest - everyone could send in their original artwork, and enough photocopies for everyone else. That way, each person would receive one original artwork and photocopies of all the others. (This is just an alternative idea for everyone's perusal, I am equally open to either the pics in the gallery or photocopies.)

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 11:38 AM   #7104
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for your input clay, Gemme, and GeorgiaMa'am.

I agree that an esstential part of the project is lost when you only get to see one person's interpretation of the theme. I like GeorgiaMa'am's idea of submitting enough photocopies with the original for the other participants so everyone gets to see what everyone else did!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #7105
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,056 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I have some ideas but no time to post right now. I will post this evening sometime. One of my ideas was that maybe I could photograph my painting, and have it printed out in five by sevens for the other participants. This could get to be a little more expensive than I want, but maybe a photo of that is 4 x 6 would work. I have a feeling if I use watercolors they’re not going to copy well, hence the photograph instead.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 01:35 PM   #7106
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I won't be able to participate in the next group art project, but I like mermaid art and will look forward to reading about ccb's latest group artwork project.

Also, I just want to express my appreciation to all members (past and present) for the genuine commarderie among everyone and to say also, that I am proud of everyone for expressing their views and assisting in negotiating for equity among members of the art group, and for clarity and application of rules for member participation.

--K.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 02:01 PM   #7107
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default I gots NATURE!!!!

I haz got some truly unique "pieces" of nature. My package came today...

One is not signed and one I am unable to read the signature...BUT I am fairly certain I know whose it is....

Every piece is truly unique & I love the variances of "nature".

Yellow indeed! hehe

Thank you everyone on doing this project! I heart you all and I too, have every single project we have ever done. I keep each on in an envelope with the list of who was in it...and I LOVE them all. I take them out often to look at them, smile, and remember where we all were at any given time, so far as projects go!

One in particular was a tiny zen garden, replete with tools, etc..I LOVE that one!
Old 06-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #7108
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums
Default Great idea, Ga!!

Agree with Georgia Ma'am on the photo copies of the projects to share with the others. I really do wish I could see the other projects for each one.

Mine will have to be photocopy WHEN I can get my password back into my copier.... It is wireless and screen to type into is size of postage stamp...

I loved when the projects got posted in the gallery made esp for this thread!!! I just know I can't post in the gallery....I iz a dummy...lol
Old 06-15-2018, 03:04 PM   #7109
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for all the precious ATC art I received today in the mail!!!

Each ATC was an joy to see and I loved the personal notes and cards that came with them.

What an group of amazing artists we have in our community!

I treasure each one and I thank each one of you from the bottom of my heart.

--K.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 06:37 PM   #7110
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,721 Times in 5,080 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

CCB, first (and I put this in rep but mentioning here too), you and I were posting at the same time, so I missed your post reminding folks to wait on the input and gave input! How embarrassing. My apologies!

I'm good with mermaids. I'm good with 5 by 7. I'm good with photocopies. I personally prefer photocopies because I am a little more private with my art and like to keep it amongst the group, but that's just me.

I have some questions / clarifications:

1) If I am understanding correctly, it can be a watercolor painting but alternatively the participant is allowed to choose a different type of paint or dry media only (pens, pencils, crayons, markers). Is this correct?

2) Is collage another option, and if so can it all be collage, and if not, what is the ratio that generally could be collage? I am thinking along the lines of something like tiny torn paper collages, that kind of thing. With a 5 by 7 background of course.

3) Will we know who we are making the art for once the sign-up has closed and you have had time to draw the names from a hat? I am hoping yes, as I like to use that individual as a muse while I work on the art.

4) Is it okay to integrate words into our projects?

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping

Last edited by nycfem; 06-15-2018 at 06:39 PM.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #7111
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
CCB, first (and I put this in rep but mentioning here too), you and I were posting at the same time, so I missed your post reminding folks to wait on the input and gave input! How embarrassing. My apologies!

I'm good with mermaids. I'm good with 5 by 7. I'm good with photocopies. I personally prefer photocopies because I am a little more private with my art and like to keep it amongst the group, but that's just me.

I have some questions / clarifications:

1) If I am understanding correctly, it can be a watercolor painting but alternatively the participant is allowed to choose a different type of paint or dry media only (pens, pencils, crayons, markers). Is this correct?

2) Is collage another option, and if so can it all be collage, and if not, what is the ratio that generally could be collage? I am thinking along the lines of something like tiny torn paper collages, that kind of thing. With a 5 by 7 background of course.

3) Will we know who we are making the art for once the sign-up has closed and you have had time to draw the names from a hat? I am hoping yes, as I like to use that individual as a muse while I work on the art.

4) Is it okay to integrate words into our projects?
1) It does NOT have to be a watercolor painting, I was just saying watercolor paper usually makes the best base. You can color pencil, crayon, marker, acrylic your little heart out. There are NO rules as to what can be used.

2) Collage is absolutely an option. I'd like to keep it to the 5x7 size, but that's the only constraint. What you described sounds perfect.

3) I will announce the partners as soon as I have assigned them so you can know who you are creating for. Using one another as muses is exactly what I want,!

4) Of course

Also, no worries about posting a question while I was reminding people to wait, it happens and it was mainly out of my own crankiness anyways, which I apologize for.

I really have ZERO rules or exceptions as far as what materials be used as long as it's notunusually heavy or thick. I don't think that would be a problem with anyone but just keep in mind it does have to be mailed.

I hear you on keeping the copies of art within the group. I think color photocopies is the way to go.

My Patreon

My Website

Last edited by candy_coated_bitch; 06-15-2018 at 07:25 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 07:27 PM   #7112
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thank you very much, CCB. Very excited for the project!

How do I... ?
Old 06-15-2018, 07:28 PM   #7113
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I will wait to post final details and sign ups until we have heard from nanners, as she said she was coming back. Also allow others to chime in with questions or concerns.

My Patreon

My Website
Old 06-15-2018, 08:16 PM   #7114
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

And I'm back. The only other idea I had was if we have an odd number of people sign up we could do it like, (example...Gemme makes one for nyc, nyc makes one for nanners, nanners makes one for Clay, Clay makes one for CCB, CCB wraps up the circle by making one for Gemme.

I'm excited for this project and already have some ideas!!
When will the sign up be? If it happens this weekend, please add Thank you CCB!

With that said, I received Breathless's project in the mail today. In light of being transparent as the wrangler, it was postmarked 06/07/2018. I, as the wrangler decided to send out everything to you all without hers until I got them, and send your projects to her when hers was received. I'm going away for the weekend, but I will have them in the mail by Tuesday, in a small envelope with nothing else inside it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 08:38 PM   #7115
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post

it was postmarked 06/07/2018.
What does it mean that it is postmarked 6/7/18? That it wasn't mailed until the date of 6/7/18? My apologies for not knowing all the mail terminology

How do I... ?
Old 06-15-2018, 08:39 PM   #7116
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
And I'm back. The only other idea I had was if we have an odd number of people sign up we could do it like, (example...Gemme makes one for nyc, nyc makes one for nanners, nanners makes one for Clay, Clay makes one for CCB, CCB wraps up the circle by making one for Gemme.

I tried figuring it out that way too and for some reason it didn't add up for me. One person was always left out, but your idea seems to have worked here. hmmmm. My mind is NOT good with this stuff, but if doing it in a circular way works we will do it that way so I don't have to do two paintings. Will someone else check the math on nanner's method for me and make sure it really does add up? Like with 7 or 9 participants?

I'm excited for this project and already have some ideas!!
When will the sign up be? If it happens this weekend, please add Thank you CCB!

The sign up will go out Sunday and I will sign you up.

With that said, I received Breathless's project in the mail today. In light of being transparent as the wrangler, it was postmarked 06/07/2018. I, as the wrangler decided to send out everything to you all without hers until I got them, and send your projects to her when hers was received. I'm going away for the weekend, but I will have them in the mail by Tuesday, in a small envelope with nothing else inside it.

My Patreon

My Website

Last edited by candy_coated_bitch; 06-15-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:42 PM   #7117
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
What does it mean that it is postmarked 6/7/18? That it wasn't mailed until the date of 6/7/18? My apologies for not knowing all the mail terminology
That is correct. It was mailed on 6/7/18 from Canada.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2018, 03:34 AM   #7118
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
That is correct. It was mailed on 6/7/18 from Canada.
Ok, so I'm just going to address this bluntly and be like Denzel Washington in Philadelphia, "so explain this to me like I'm a five year old."

Projects were due June 1st, correct? And officially late and on the naughty list on the 8th, correct? So we're saying Breathless mailed out her project, from Canada, one day before the late and on the naughty list cut off point? And she's been lying about it?

Because I feel like we should call this a spade where there's a spade and be super transparent about this. Because it personally does not sit right with me. At all.

What does the group think? Am I the only one scandalized by this? Should special consequences exist? I hate to be the ass hole to completely call this out, but I mean, wtf?

My Patreon

My Website
Old 06-16-2018, 05:32 AM   #7119
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
This is SUCH a good idea!!!! I love this and just may have to steal it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
1) It does NOT have to be a watercolor painting, I was just saying watercolor paper usually makes the best base. You can color pencil, crayon, marker, acrylic your little heart out. There are NO rules as to what can be used.

2) Collage is absolutely an option. I'd like to keep it to the 5x7 size, but that's the only constraint. What you described sounds perfect.

3) I will announce the partners as soon as I have assigned them so you can know who you are creating for. Using one another as muses is exactly what I want,!

4) Of course

Also, no worries about posting a question while I was reminding people to wait, it happens and it was mainly out of my own crankiness anyways, which I apologize for.

I really have ZERO rules or exceptions as far as what materials be used as long as it's notunusually heavy or thick. I don't think that would be a problem with anyone but just keep in mind it does have to be mailed.

I hear you on keeping the copies of art within the group. I think color photocopies is the way to go.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Small print kind of clarification, please. We are just doing this on some sort of base like we normally use or can we use canvas? I'm thinking that might not get too thick if we're just sending one or two pieces out at a time. What say you, oh wrangler goddess?

Not that I plan on using canvas but I feel I haven't been difficult enough lately, so there you go.

CCB said: I tried figuring it out that way too and for some reason it didn't add up for me. One person was always left out, but your idea seems to have worked here. hmmmm. My mind is NOT good with this stuff, but if doing it in a circular way works we will do it that way so I don't have to do two paintings. Will someone else check the math on nanner's method for me and make sure it really does add up? Like with 7 or 9 participants?

Let's work this out! 9 below, with the top person sending to the person below and the final person on the list sending to the top person.

CCB
to
nyc
to
Gemme
to
nan
to
clay
to
Besame
to
Tommi
to
FireSignFemme
to
Pure to CCB

I think it works, if we wind up with an odd number. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Ok, so I'm just going to address this bluntly and be like Denzel Washington in Philadelphia, "so explain this to me like I'm a five year old."

Projects were due June 1st, correct? And officially late and on the naughty list on the 8th, correct? So we're saying Breathless mailed out her project, from Canada, one day before the late and on the naughty list cut off point? And she's been lying about it?

Because I feel like we should call this a spade where there's a spade and be super transparent about this. Because it personally does not sit right with me. At all.

What does the group think? Am I the only one scandalized by this? Should special consequences exist? I hate to be the ass hole to completely call this out, but I mean, wtf?
Nor I.

This does sound disheartening. To play Devil's Advocate, is the postmark of 6/7/18 the original postmark or the postmark from it crossing the border?

If it's the original postmark from when it was originally mailed, then we all need to have a very serious discussion. If it's a postmark from when it crossed over into the US, then that gives more credibility to what Breathless said.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2018, 06:25 AM   #7120
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not going to go back and read all the posts. Can someone explain to me how this all works?

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types