Old 04-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #1441
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chained Daisy View Post
I wonder if you could leave him with a timed feeder for his dry food when you are not there, regulate and portion control it for him.

Cats eh ! Gotta love em !
That's pretty much where I'm at going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I don't know. If I knew that I was getting some Grandma Utz's potato chips every time the sun hit the window in a certain spot I wouldn't ruminate over the potato chips worrying I wasn't going to get any. I got some yesterday when the sun hit that certain spot on the couch, in fact, that happens every day, so I know my potato chips are coming.

However, I wouldn't think about or notice that sun spot if the potato chips (maybe more bland ones, but still, I like all potato chips) were avaiable in the kitchen. And how do I know if that is going to keep being refilled. The refilling is random.

I'm going to point out the glaring fact that you are not a cat.

And you are overthinking things and applying human logic to an animal. Loki has an emotional eating issue, which is not really logical. It's instinct and fear. It's been 6 months since it happened and he's almost a year old so I don't think he's going to outgrow it (per what Daisy said).

Little Miss Gracie has been crawling in and out of my lap all night, so it's been a good time. I love her purr. I love both their purrs but hers and her little meow is so darn sweet, I can't stand it. Loki got jealous one time and crawled in my lap after her but after a few minutes, he scratched me good with his nail and I plopped him on the ground next to me. They have to control those things. We've talked about that. Tsk, tsk...

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2018, 11:01 PM   #1442
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
That's pretty much where I'm at going forward.

I'm going to point out the glaring fact that you are not a cat.

And you are overthinking things and applying human logic to an animal. Loki has an emotional eating issue, which is not really logical. It's instinct and fear. It's been 6 months since it happened and he's almost a year old so I don't think he's going to outgrow it (per what Daisy said).

I was just trying to help. I thought you were asking for advice/thoughts.

But, yeah, if you are not looking to change behavior and just want to not let him get too fat, then the piddling out of food sounds good.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #1443
Buckaroo

How Do You Identify?:
queer dyke butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,172 Times in 425 Posts
Buckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST Reputation

on the weekends i get us mcdonalds...i get the mcmuffin, they get scrambled eggs. They sit patiently while i divide the eggs up then they assume their posts on the edge of the bed for me to feed them bite by bite. They are so sweet..they sit there and wait their turn then i let them lick the plate. Its the small things that make me love them more everyday.
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buckaroo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #1444
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I was just trying to help. I thought you were asking for advice/thoughts.

But, yeah, if you are not looking to change behavior and just want to not let him get too fat, then the piddling out of food sounds good.
Aww, don't take offense. I would love to address the issue directly instead of going 'round and 'round with the behaviors. It's going to be a bit before I can get them both to the vet's so I was basically venting because they look at me like this when I talk to them both about it.

I tried to change the routine a bit with leaving less food out in between meals and Loki flipped out. Well, he flipped. The water bowl. While full. Three times. Now his bowl does not have any water in it because I'm tired of cleaning it up. They both drink out of Gracie's bowl anyway. He cannot have an empty food bowl without going bonkers and throwing a fit. I know he's a teenager now but I'm not dealing with rational thinkers and I'm not spending the time to clean up every time he flips the bowl over and it's not a light bowl either. He's being a shit.

I had a talk with him this morning but I don't know how much of what I said got through to him. It's nap time now so they are cuddled up together in my spot on the sofa. I took a pic. I had to! They are soo freakin' adorable when they want to be.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #1445
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,832 Times in 1,064 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Mickey and BooBoo slept. Ate. Slept. Pooped. Slept. Ate. Slept. You get the idea. Me? I cleaned parts of my place and did 4 loads of laundry.
Those cats need to start paying rent!
nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #1446
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Tiny Dog and Diva Kitty were both happy to see me when I returned from a weekend away. Diva Kitty did not even try to punish me by ignoring me for awhile as she usually does when I'm gone for too long; she just rubbed her head against my hand and then spread out on her back for tummy rubs. Tiny Dog has been at my side with her head under my hand as much as possible.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #1447
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

It's nearly bedtime so Gracie is on her new favorite spot to rest, the padded bar top stool and Loki is actually hanging out in his carrier. I leave it open so they can come and go as they please in it and it will smell like more than a vet's office to them.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2018, 08:13 PM   #1448
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

stayed in bed with me all day ... they are the sweetest babies!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2018, 07:50 AM   #1449
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Well, I ran the vacuum this morning so it took a while before I saw Gracie. She hates the thing. Loki gets scared initially but his desire to be loved on is greater than his fear of the great sucking noisemaker.

I now have proof that Gracie knows her name. It wasn't long after the vacuum ran and Loki and I were in the bathroom and she loves to play in there too so I called her and she came running. She got some love from me, ignored Loki and the tub, and ran back out to her hiding spot. She knows her name and she loves me almost as much as she fears the vacuum.

That's a lot.

Loki's on the back of the sofa now and Gracie's surveying her territory on top of the cat tower.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2018, 08:24 AM   #1450
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I've had my cat, Eleanor, for nearly 3 years. (I think) and now....suddenly....

She tries to groom me. My hair that is. I have long hair. This is not possible. But yet she tries....

And now she plays. She never played before. She is three years older (and i found her original paperwork that says she was between 7 and 9 years old when I got her) and NOW she plays like a kitten...?? She's my little enigma slash sunshine.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:40 AM   #1451
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

My gorgeous boy has a poorly eye, a blocked tear duct the vet says, I`m glad I took him yesterday as it seems worse this morning, he has drops to go in twice a day. He hates it and cannot understand why Mama who is usually so full of love and kindness is torturing him. Hes taken to hiding under the table. I have got him some prawns by way of apology.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 06:50 AM   #1452
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
My gorgeous boy has a poorly eye, a blocked tear duct the vet says, I`m glad I took him yesterday as it seems worse this morning, he has drops to go in twice a day. He hates it and cannot understand why Mama who is usually so full of love and kindness is torturing him. Hes taken to hiding under the table. I have got him some prawns by way of apology.
Will the block go away, or will you have to do this for life?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #1453
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I really hope so Dapper, they didnt say it wouldnt clear up. His one eye has always has a few problems along the way, he had an ulcer on it once. His cheek underneath seems a little puffy today, I`ll keep bathing his eye with cool boiled water and see if the drops are helping tomorrow, if no change he`ll be going back to vets again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 10:03 AM   #1454
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:

Since drops aren't a solution for tear duct blockage, I'd assume that the drops are to clear up an infection in Daisy's baby's eye that can be causing the blockage, and that should definitely help with the blockage. If that's the case and all works well, then the blockage should clear up. If not, her vet may try other things but if it's really bad, this can eventually lead to surgery, so it's good that Daisy got to the vet as soon as she noticed the issue.

<--not Daisy but has had experience with this a while ago

Today, my babies have been relatively sweet and very curious when I brought in some food for them. Yesterday, Gracie spent a little over 3 hours in my lap. I didn't want to disturb her so I just laid there and watched TV and then Loki came up and stretched out next to us on the sofa and it was just really sweet with the both of them. The phone rang and I just let it go because she doesn't get this affectionate that often and I want to encourage it as much as possible.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 10:05 AM   #1455
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I really hope so Dapper, they didnt say it wouldnt clear up. His one eye has always has a few problems along the way, he had an ulcer on it once. His cheek underneath seems a little puffy today, I`ll keep bathing his eye with cool boiled water and see if the drops are helping tomorrow, if no change he`ll be going back to vets again.
I composed my response to Dapper before seeing your post. Did they say what the underlying infection was? If his cheek is puffy, the fluids from the eye may be rerouting under the skin or that could be where the infection is based.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 11:53 AM   #1456
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I composed my response to Dapper before seeing your post. Did they say what the underlying infection was? If his cheek is puffy, the fluids from the eye may be rerouting under the skin or that could be where the infection is based.
They didnt Gemme no, there were two vets, I think one may have been training, I mention this as they were talking to each other as well as me and I sort of felt I didnt get their full attention. A dye was put in each eye and it only came out of one nostril, hence the tear duct issue diagnosis. I was thinking maybe conjunctivitis but this wasnt touched upon. It wasnt my usual vet, as we live in a small village my vet is only open a few days a week so I took an appointment at another, still part of the same chain so they had his notes to look over. The puffiness has gone down but its still very glassy looking and running fluid, I will persevere with the bathing and drops and give it another day, if no improvement he`ll go back again, I dont want him getting worse over the weekend.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #1457
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
They didnt Gemme no, there were two vets, I think one may have been training, I mention this as they were talking to each other as well as me and I sort of felt I didnt get their full attention. A dye was put in each eye and it only came out of one nostril, hence the tear duct issue diagnosis. I was thinking maybe conjunctivitis but this wasnt touched upon. It wasnt my usual vet, as we live in a small village my vet is only open a few days a week so I took an appointment at another, still part of the same chain so they had his notes to look over. The puffiness has gone down but its still very glassy looking and running fluid, I will persevere with the bathing and drops and give it another day, if no improvement he`ll go back again, I dont want him getting worse over the weekend.
Oh, I would have blown a gasket but I've been through Hell with vets. I had a cat, Oliver, who had a seizure in the office. I didn't want him treated with Phenobarbital because of the side effects and they did it anyway. Oliver wandered around the house like he was drunk for TWO DAYS and fell off the bed. He was 8 years old and could have seriously hurt himself or broke something. That was just from one injection. I will NEVER go to that company (Banfield) again.

I would go back to your usual vet. The easy way to see if it's conjunctivitis is if the redness is all around the eye while a tear duct blockage can create a rust colored spot underneath the eye if it's left long enough. The drops aren't for the blockage. That wouldn't make sense. So it has to be for an infection and you said it seems like the puffiness is diminishing some, so that's good! Infections take a while to clear up.

I was initially surprised that they didn't try to flush the blockage out, but with the infection, you have to resolve that before you can touch the blockage.

It actually sounds like your boy is on the road to recovery. I would still make sure to book your usual vet if you are still concerned but, from what you're saying, it sounds like you're on the upswing. Good luck!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 07:24 PM   #1458
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

To be thread compliant, Gracie has tuckered herself out playing with a 2 inch by half inch piece of paper and is resting on her bar stool. Loki has moved from his carrier to the sofa and is keeping my spot warm for me.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 07:40 PM   #1459
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Being really bad!!!!

IDK what is wrong but I think a trip to the vet is in order, she has pooped in 3 rooms today and was outside for quite awhile. And she has been eating toilet paper. Like off the roll. So all doors need to be shut.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 08:20 PM   #1460
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Baby Briar does not have an off switch!!! I told my bestie that I need to hook her up to a treadmill and generator to generate electricity.

She also bounces and kicks like a jackrabbit. She'd do that all day if you'd let her.

Today in the warm sunshine, she'd stretch out with her belly in the grass and long skinny legs behind her, then ooch and scooch herself all over the grass, trying to pick on the cats. You could tell by the look on her face she was having so much fun.

My WooBear was very loving today...except when he decided he doesn't have to listen to ANYTHING I ask him to do, including stay out of Skippy's "house".

Skippy tried to protect his Daddy from the puppy by getting all barky and growly...but with just having 2 teeth left, all he can do is make us laugh. Poor ferocious beast with his curly tail.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, pets