Old 01-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #1381
Rolo

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Rolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST ReputationRolo Has the BEST Reputation

[quote=C0LLETTE;884242]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazingboi View Post
The Butler with Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey[/QUOTE

I'm finishing up watching House of Cards and considering renting Captain Phillips.
Do it!
Captain Phillips was a very good watch.

Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Rolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rolo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #1382
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I forgot!

We also saw Captain Phillips yesterday. (Had Blue is Warmest Color on my brain).

Captain Phillips was very, very good. Surprised Tom Hanks not nominated for Academy Award.

Very suspenseful.

Gf sick so it was a movies on demand day.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2014, 11:35 AM   #1383
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

[quote=Rolo;884244]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post

Do it!
Captain Phillips was a very good watch.
Wow., that was pretty assertive. lol
Old 01-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #1384
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-bottom, lesbian, queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
Leather polyamorous family

Thanked 2,855 Times in 905 Posts
~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

i have watched this several times. Su Friedrich brings out the personal with all its joy and pain.

The Films of Su Friedrich: Vol. 4 - Hide and Seek

Quote:
"Hide and Seek" tells the story of Lou, a twelve year old girl coming to terms with her budding sexuality in the mid 1960's. Her bittersweet tale is skillfully interwoven with clips from a wide array of scientific and educational films, as well as interviews with adult lesbians who recount their adolescent attractions to girls, how they felt when they first heard the word lesbian, where they fit in the butch/femme continuum, and their thoughts about how they became baby dykes. "Hide and Seek" is for every woman who's been to a slumber party and every man who wonders what went on at one.
The quote says it all.
Uh Huh Her
~baby~doll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2014, 10:16 PM   #1385
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,612 Times in 3,973 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I also saw the second hunger games movie and really liked it. Much better than the first one, esp the second half of the movie.

I watched Mommy Dearest. Hmmm...

And Candy Darling, Andy Warhols trans actress who died at the age of 30.

I am trying to work my way thru a movie on Netflix about twin aging prostitutes in Europe. Subtitles and me dont get along because of my visual problems so its a slow go...
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2014, 10:19 PM   #1386
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Hercules..............It was good.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #1387
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Saw Blue Jasmine today.

Cate Blanchett is amazing in it.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2014, 11:34 PM   #1388
fatallyblonde

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

fatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputationfatallyblonde Has the BEST Reputation

gorging on biopics this last week... have watched House of Versace, The Anna Nicole Story, Liz & Dick and now watching Coco Chanel.
fatallyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatallyblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #1389
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Captain Philips was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It infuriated me because of the subject matter, true story that it is. I am a Tom Hanks fan, but I hated the takeover. It's interesting to see that the Maersk shipping line is also in All Is Lost with Robert Redford as a huge bulk carrier that passes him by while he's lost at sea ready to drown. He tries desperately to flag them down as a last ditch effort...but.....

Both actors should have been nominated and were passed over. All Is Lost is excellent in this harsh character study of a man surviving the sea alone; Redford has a physically-demanding role and he is the only actor in the film...tough to pull off. Great writing and direction when one character carries a story and holds you there, or when a story takes place in one room like Sidney Lumet's 12 Angry Men. Even better is when it's stage-shot...cameras in long, single takes without cuts. My favorite of this would be Hitch's Rope.

Have fun at the movies.

I've seen all the latest that I want to see. So, I sat back and watched And Justice For All last night...haven't seen it in years. Great movie!
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #1390
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation~baby~doll~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Saw Blue Jasmine today.

The best performance i have seen in a long time by anyone. Blue Jasmine is a must see.
Uh Huh Her
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #1391
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
ditto.......
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #1392
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Off to see the 1:05 showing of The Dallas Buyers Club

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 10:40 AM   #1393
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Watched Captain Phillips last night, and really enjoyed all of it.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 12:32 PM   #1394
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I had a date with myself and went to see Nebraska... I enjoyed it very much...the scenery steals the show quite often....
Old 01-31-2014, 01:27 PM   #1395
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

broke down a decade of staying away from Woody Allen...had to see Cate Blanchette. She is amazing. The story line was disappointing...Madoff...really

She should get the award.
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #1396
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

Concussion not great but not bad. It was sort of slowly paced but fairly well acted. On a stormy night with spare time i might watch it again.
Uh Huh Her
The Following User Says Thank You to ~baby~doll~ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #1397
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

i just finished watching Bloomington. It was very enjoyable. The acting was good the filming very nice The story tore at my heart a bit but i loved the all around treatment. Thumbs up
Uh Huh Her
Old 02-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #1398
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Happiness. I love that movie, I love black humour, sarcasm and honest humanity in its dark, vumnerable and insecure reality. and because of the death of Hoffman.

before that I watched Her. was bored. Not really very taken with it. ok for fluff I suppose.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #1399
~baby~doll~

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:

i just finished watching Kiss Me and loved this romance. It shows the trials of falling in love. I really liked this and it was well filmed and acted.
Uh Huh Her
Old 02-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #1400
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Jack Goes Boating

The acting was very good and the dialogue was painfully accurate. Great timing of delivery by the actors. I was squirming I was so uncomfortable.

Not much plot, though. Very much just situation and dynamic development. More of a play, really, than a movie. Incredibly intimate, very intense and weird. And something I recognized wayyyyy to close to home, like Superbad. All I can say is, that last scene, with dinner? I am sooooooooo glad my life is no longer that dramatic.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie