Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Your Best Lipstick/Gloss?

I'm always looking (& curious) for something amazing and would love to hear what's working out there. Currently favorite is "Desire" by MAC but open to something new..please share
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Mac Viva Glam IV for years and years.
Omygosh, is it still available? I am trying to find the original MAC "Velvet" from several years ago..so missing it
Old 12-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick, Smitten 310
Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick, Euphoria 360
Blistex Complete Moisture
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Smashbox glosses. They have a 6 pack you can buy for $25.00 I think? I love all of the colors!
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #5
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

Smashbox lip glosses are great, they aren't tacky and are smooth. I like to wear them when I am not wanting a lot of color.

I prefer the Buxom glosses from Bare Escentuals. They deposit more color, are smooth and not tacky, plus they are tingly but not too much.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Laura Mercier Redwood liner with Persimmon lip glace [which has been discontinued! <sigh> I guess I'm looking for a new color, too . . . }

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:25 AM   #7
Onyxena

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Legally Married

Onyxena Has the BEST ReputationOnyxena Has the BEST ReputationOnyxena Has the BEST ReputationOnyxena Has the BEST ReputationOnyxena Has the BEST ReputationOnyxena Has the BEST ReputationOnyxena Has the BEST ReputationOnyxena Has the BEST ReputationOnyxena Has the BEST ReputationOnyxena Has the BEST ReputationOnyxena Has the BEST Reputation

Personally, I have to go with just a cheap classic Wet 'n Wild Red lipstick. I like all the expensive stuff, but something keeps me going back to Wet 'n Wild.
Onyxena is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onyxena For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #8
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick, Smitten 310
Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick, Euphoria 360
Blistex Complete Moisture
Smitten sounds intriguing is it red?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:35 AM   #9
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Smitten sounds intriguing is it red?
Not really red:

Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 01:36 AM   #10
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie View Post
Smashbox lip glosses are great, they aren't tacky and are smooth. I like to wear them when I am not wanting a lot of color.

I prefer the Buxom glosses from Bare Escentuals. They deposit more color, are smooth and not tacky, plus they are tingly but not too much.
I tried those (Smash box) long ago, they are nice but tend to be so pink (these days) and my lips are not pretty enough to look good in pink..Bare Ecentuals has some nice colors..I always go for the black honey..it's plumps them up a notch..I was not born with a sexy pout so I have to kinda cheat
Old 12-03-2011, 05:29 AM   #11
Fanciface

How Do You Identify?:
Ultra Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Fanciface is on a distinguished road

By far, MAC has the absolute best lipsticks and gloss but I have a great find that was given to me by a MAC makeup artist. Try NYX lipsticks; while the quality is not as great as MAC, the colors are many and the price is amazing. I also love the BUXOM line from Bare Escentuals but do get complaints if you kiss anyone who doesn't like their lips to tingle!lol
Fanciface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fanciface For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 07:38 AM   #12
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite every day lipstick is Benefit Silky Finish in "Good-to-go-go" (a plum nude colour) or "Rocket Pop" (natural pink nude colour). The lipstick is so creamy and soft! The downside is it isn't long lasting colour, it is definitely a re-apply lipstick - but it feels lovely and hydrating, it is sheer but has good colour. It doesn't get cakey or feathery.
http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/prod...inish-lipstick

I'm a big fan of Shishiedo products and I love their lipsticks because they're so lush (without being heavy or cakey or feathering) they go on and stay creamy looking. I like "Blush", "Roseate", "Sweet Pea" and "Dragon"
http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=5337

And I just tried this product by Urban Decay recently...it is SUPER concentrated colour lipstick in a pencil form. I have "Fbomb"
http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C10461
Old 12-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #13
Lazy Daze

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,807 Times in 745 Posts
Lazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST Reputation

Personally I love the tinted lip glosses from Bath and Body Works..I especially love the mentha ones..and He loves that they are all flavored!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #14
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stain, in every shade of pink Can't do without it!
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #15
Babyangeleyez

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Babyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST Reputation

Is there a thread for foundation? I've been looking for years for a good one and haven't found one I like yet. Any suggestions??
Babyangeleyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #16
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyangeleyez View Post
Is there a thread for foundation? I've been looking for years for a good one and haven't found one I like yet. Any suggestions??
If we are talking liquid foundation, Sephora perfecting cover foundation is really amazing, and if you are more of a compact girl, Mineral Compact Foundation at Sephora as well.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #17
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #18
Babyangeleyez

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Babyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess View Post
If we are talking liquid foundation, Sephora perfecting cover foundation is really amazing, and if you are more of a compact girl, Mineral Compact Foundation at Sephora as well.
Thanks Princess. I will have to check that out. I just hate having that "melting" look at a couple of hours. Seems no matter what I use it happens.
Babyangeleyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #19
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyangeleyez View Post
Thanks Princess. I will have to check that out. I just hate having that "melting" look at a couple of hours. Seems no matter what I use it happens.
try using a make up primer or makeup base! my face tends to get kind of sweaty when im wearing foundation, so i understand the melty look. the silicone in a makeup primer helps to hold the foundation in place...i use the base and then a powder over that for days like that...the powder doesnt melt off as quickly
The Following User Says Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #20
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Not really red:

now that's pretty, kind of a hue of raisin. Is it matte?