Old 04-26-2018, 12:41 PM   #241
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation
Default Good luck sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyButch View Post
I hopefully will be having top surgery at the end of May. I just got my insurance approval and am waiting for the surgery scheduler to get back to me so we can get the ball rolling. I'm so excited and cannot wait!

I wish u great success Sleepy Butch!

Once the drains r gone life is easier....
My daughters made little pouches I could put on a belt put drains in and then could walk and shower easier... and a tad privately
Old 04-26-2018, 01:54 PM   #242
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
I wish u great success Sleepy Butch!

Once the drains r gone life is easier....
My daughters made little pouches I could put on a belt put drains in and then could walk and shower easier... and a tad privately
Luckily enough, they don't use drains. The compression garment is what is going to drive me to drink but I understand it's necessary lol. Thanks for the well wishes!

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2018, 10:46 AM   #243
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Lucky u!!!! In 6 months I will get my second half of top surgery....had to do in 2 parts....also working to get some weight off so my beer gut will look more like a case instead of a barrel... I gave up on a 6 pack years ago.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:52 PM   #244
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Luckily enough, they don't use drains. The compression garment is what is going to drive me to drink but I understand it's necessary lol. Thanks for the well wishes!
Yes, the drains are not fun. But, the idea of all that blood, tissue, etc., being absorbed into my body grosses me out!

Having not heard of Scott Harris and the fact that you are getting in so quickly gave me pause. Usually one waits over 6 months - 1 year for top surgery when you are dealing with a good surgeon.

I checked out his site. Although surgeons always put up there best work, it is pretty obvious that he really knows what he is doing. He has a good amount of pictures up and you can see how he adjusts his incisions deftly, based on body type.

I know that you had a breast reduction before. I assume that you had incisions under the breasts? Are you getting DI? If so, does he plan to just follow those incision scars?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2018, 10:25 AM   #245
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yes, the drains are not fun. But, the idea of all that blood, tissue, etc., being absorbed into my body grosses me out!

Having not heard of Scott Harris and the fact that you are getting in so quickly gave me pause. Usually one waits over 6 months - 1 year for top surgery when you are dealing with a good surgeon.

I checked out his site. Although surgeons always put up there best work, it is pretty obvious that he really knows what he is doing. He has a good amount of pictures up and you can see how he adjusts his incisions deftly, based on body type.

I know that you had a breast reduction before. I assume that you had incisions under the breasts? Are you getting DI? If so, does he plan to just follow those incision scars?
Yes, I have incisions under my breasts and they will be doing DI and following those scars.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2018, 10:26 AM   #246
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
Lucky u!!!! In 6 months I will get my second half of top surgery....had to do in 2 parts....also working to get some weight off so my beer gut will look more like a case instead of a barrel... I gave up on a 6 pack years ago.
Lol, I'm with you on that.. my beer gut... objects are larger than they appear once you have Top surgery.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #247
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Quote:
Lol, I'm with you on that.. my beer gut... objects are larger than they appear once you have Top surgery.
Omg yeah..... I am in shock , I haven’t been able to look down and see anything other than ........ till the top surgery part1( aka mastectomy)
Now I look down and say holy crap where did that come from and no wonder the trouser waists have been getting tighter and tighter and tighter.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:26 PM   #248
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Been worried about how my core will look after the
top surgery removing size DD beasts. Got a beer gut too
even though don't drink beer, in fact hate the stuff. Am
sure gut will look like a mountain.

Will be glad to get the breasts gone, though. I am waiting
for Internal Med. and Cardio. clearance then my surgeon is
ready to schedule the case. Probably be done 1 month later.

Dapper, got a question after reading about guy's drains. My
surgeon told me there would no liposuction. Does that mean
there will be "dog ears" automatically?
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:04 PM   #249
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Been worried about how my core will look after the
top surgery removing size DD beasts. Got a beer gut too
even though don't drink beer, in fact hate the stuff. Am
sure gut will look like a mountain.

Will be glad to get the breasts gone, though. I am waiting
for Internal Med. and Cardio. clearance then my surgeon is
ready to schedule the case. Probably be done 1 month later.

Dapper, got a question after reading about guy's drains. My
surgeon told me there would no liposuction. Does that mean
there will be "dog ears" automatically?
No, it does not automatically mean you will have dog ears. Dog ears most often occur due to surgeon inexperience/lack of skill. Some dog ear procedures can be taken care of in the surgeon's office and you should also ask if revisions are free. People should ask that at the time of their consult.

You will see some grossly overweight guys have fat on the sides of their chest, which they call dog ears. However, this is actually back fat and a different procedure would need to be done.

Regarding liposuction, I was just at a trans live surgical training this past week. One of this morning's live surgeries was double incision top surgery. Dr. Bluebond-Langner was saying that she never uses lipo when doing top surgery because there is too much of a chance of having flat spots. I think that makes sense.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2018, 08:37 PM   #250
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Another quick question.

Why can't it be done using laser instead of scalpel? Seems like
it would be less damaging to the surrounding tissue?

One more, ok? Do they do it with the patient supine or prone?
It scares me to be turned upside down. They'd better put me
out first!
Old 04-28-2018, 09:08 PM   #251
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Another quick question.

Why can't it be done using laser instead of scalpel? Seems like
it would be less damaging to the surrounding tissue?

One more, ok? Do they do it with the patient supine or prone?
It scares me to be turned upside down. They'd better put me
out first!
I don't know the answer to your first question, sorry.

They do your surgery while you are on your back. Most surgeons sit you straight up once or twice during the surgery (to have a looksee), and hopefully will have you in this position when they determine nipple placement.

You are welcome to ask me as many questions as you would like.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 08:43 AM   #252
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

cathexis, one other comment.

If you have a preference for areola size, you should talk ask your surgeon what measurement he uses.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:39 AM   #253
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Quote:
cathexis, one other comment.

If you have a preference for areola size, you should talk ask your surgeon what measurement he uses.
Thank you for quick responses to my questions, I really appreciate it, Dapper.
Have a couple more follow-up questions.
Isn't the usual, dime sized? What other sizes do guys want? The skin stretches over time, yes? Do the surgeons normally leave the color unchanged? Men in my family had darker areolas.
Do most docs do their top surgeries out-patient?
How long do guys normally have pain after a double incision surgery?
Old 04-29-2018, 12:05 PM   #254
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Thank you for quick responses to my questions, I really appreciate it, Dapper.
Have a couple more follow-up questions.
Isn't the usual, dime sized? What other sizes do guys want? The skin stretches over time, yes? Do the surgeons normally leave the color unchanged? Men in my family had darker areolas.
Do most docs do their top surgeries out-patient?
How long do guys normally have pain after a double incision surgery?
The majority of surgeons still use nickel size. 2.5cm. Garramone uses dime size. I believe that dime size looks more masculine and this is what I have. I have noticed that the surgeons who have less experience with top surgery (are used to doing cis women's breast reductions), tend to go even larger than 2.5cm. Honestly, it was because I know your surgeon is not a trans surgeon per se, that I mentioned this to you.

Your areolas will be the same color as they are now. Your surgeon should remove your areola/nipple complex. He should cut down the size of each. He should stich the areola on first and then stitch the nipple into the center. Some surgeons make oval shaped areolas because they can stretch diagnoally over time. Did your surgeon not go over how he does his areola/nipples?

I don't know of any who do inpatient. What does your surgeon do?

Pain varies between people. I used pain meds for only a handful of days (2-3?) and then used extra strength Tylenol like twice. The bulk of the pain for me was the drains. If you have drains, they are tubes pressed roughly against your sides by either a vest or a wrap. It sucks. Will you be getting a vest or a wrap?

Old 04-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #255
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Quote:
The majority of surgeons still use nickel size. 2.5cm. Garramone uses dime size. I believe that dime size looks more masculine and this is what I have. I have noticed that the surgeons who have less experience with top surgery (are used to doing cis women's breast reductions), tend to go even larger than 2.5cm. Honestly, it was because I know your surgeon is not a trans surgeon per se, that I mentioned this to you.

Your areolas will be the same color as they are now. Your surgeon should remove your areola/nipple complex. He should cut down the size of each. He should stich the areola on first and then stitch the nipple into the center. Some surgeons make oval shaped areolas because they can stretch diagnoally over time. Did your surgeon not go over how he does his areola/nipples?

I don't know of any who do inpatient. What does your surgeon do?

Pain varies between people. I used pain meds for only a handful of days (2-3?) and then used extra strength Tylenol like twice. The bulk of the pain for me was the drains. If you have drains, they are tubes pressed roughly against your sides by either a vest or a wrap. It sucks. Will you be getting a vest or a wrap?
Will start off with a question my surgeon is not likely to know.
What size should I ask them to make the areola/nipple if intending to get good sized nipple piercings (12g) once healed. Do you recommend that I share those plans with him. Will the prospect of me getting re pierced (had piercings before that had grown out) effect his remolding of the areola or nipple. One of the nipples is split and the other has a
very shallow old piercing. Do I need to tell him about this, or
can it wait for him to discover in the OR?

No, he tells me that it will be outpatient surgery. My Partner (also a RN) is really leery of that due to my health problems. She wants me to stay overnight, if possible.

We both appreciate having someone around that I feel comfortable asking the questions that I am unable to ask him.
Thank you.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:12 PM   #256
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Will start off with a question my surgeon is not likely to know.
What size should I ask them to make the areola/nipple if intending to get good sized nipple piercings (12g) once healed. Do you recommend that I share those plans with him. Will the prospect of me getting re pierced (had piercings before that had grown out) effect his remolding of the areola or nipple. One of the nipples is split and the other has a
very shallow old piercing. Do I need to tell him about this, or
can it wait for him to discover in the OR?

I think it is always best to talk with our surgeons openly. You need to be transparent. Definitely tell him your plans. He probably does breast augmentations and reductions all the time. He must be used to having discussions about piercings. I would think that he would be a good source for knowing how tall you would need the nipples to be to be able to handle thick piercings. I don't think it is inappropiate for you to draw what size areola you are looking for. You have to remove all body piercings prior to surgery, so remove the shallow one.

No, he tells me that it will be outpatient surgery. My Partner (also a RN) is really leery of that due to my health problems. She wants me to stay overnight, if possible.

I don't know what to say about this since I am not a medical professional, but I really haven't ever heard of a person getting top surgery staying in the hospital overnight.

We both appreciate having someone around that I feel comfortable asking the questions that I am unable to ask him.
Thank you.
10 characters.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:39 AM   #257
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Finally had my top surgery on Wednesday.. I'm sore as hell but nothing I can't live with and a little pain medicine to help a long the way lol. I'm in a compression garment so can't really see my chest but it is weird to look down and see my stomach lol.

life is good..

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2018, 08:36 PM   #258
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Finally had my top surgery on Wednesday.. I'm sore as hell but nothing I can't live with and a little pain medicine to help a long the way lol. I'm in a compression garment so can't really see my chest but it is weird to look down and see my stomach lol.

life is good..
Congrats! And yes, you will realize you have "a stomach" (my way of saying belly fat) immediately upon getting top surgery!

Do you have someone helping you out? Drains or no drains?

Old 05-26-2018, 02:45 PM   #259
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Quote:
Congrats! And yes, you will realize you have "a stomach" (my way of saying belly fat) immediately upon getting top surgery!

Do you have someone helping you out? Drains or no drains?
Yes, I have a bunch of people taking care of me.. almost too many lol. No drains used.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:25 PM   #260
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

My Partner is going in July for theirs. It's been a long trip and I am glad that we are finally doing this. Just to see them finally be their self will be awesome.

I would like to ask what do you need most from a partner after our top surgery? I guess I would love to know how to make this easier for my partner.