Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #221
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Been doing WW online for a month now and having tremendous success! So far I've lost 17 lbs. I have 53 lbs to go to reach my goal weight.

I don't think I've eaten so many fruits and veggies in my life along with healthy meals and other things.

The most important factors for me are portion control, journaling (which is fun online) and eating within my point range. I've also been using the punching bag a lot and also playing Wii Sports. My favorites are tennis, boxing and baseball. The boxing sport is unbelievable, what a workout!

I'm going full force with this and hope to stick to this regiment. Keeping it off is what will be difficult. Over 5 years ago I did WW at work and lost 55 lbs. I felt awesome and had so much energy. Then over time, I began eating bad again and getting older developing hormonal problems which didn't help. So now I've had more to lose since then. It's all systems go for me and just move forward with it.

In the meantime, I'm gonna develop some nice muscles from my punching bag. I love that thing!

Best,

Scorp
i would sooo love to have a punching bag, seriously.. i hear its a great work out, but would be nice to get out some much needed frustration too lol.

and congratulations on the 17 lbs lost Scorp thats fantastic, woohoo !! i hear WW is a great program, my mother uses it and my grandmother used to before she went into the nursing home. i heard wii is fantastic for weight loss with those fit programs.. good luck with your journey, keep us updated!

=)

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #222
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats!!!!!!!!! Just keep the negative thoughts at bay and you will do fine! I have confidence in you and if I can do it, I know you can.

Hugs and have fun today,

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

so, here is my update..
Yesterday, at work, we had our weigh in..
i lost almost 9 lbs.. it was 8 point something which rounded off to 9 lbs..

i was in shock, but i was SO happy.. i worked so hard at everything , i know it's probably beginner's luck and once my body adjusts to the healthy choices i am making the weight loss each week will slow down, but..

9 friggin lbs, YAAAAAAAAAY!
i think i sang and danced the whole way home after work..
-------

the hardest part of all of this is my eating disorder.. wanting to binge, wanting to purge, the number of times i push those thoughts out of my head i probably couldn't even begin to count...

but this is the very first time, i've gotten a handle on it for such a length of time, and constantly felt encouraged each and everyday to strive for more.. hearing 9 lbs lost really put a positive spin on my wanting more!

We got new challenges for this week, which i'm doing great on so far, today is day one of week 2 !! even if i didn't lose any weight, this fabulous feeling and cleansed feeling i have is so wonderful, i'm so full of energy, its fantastic! and just feeling my clothes a tinge looser, makes me smile BIG!

i just had to come share my great news!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #223
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

http://ecohabits.net/yacon-syrup-hea...r-alternative/

http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/2010...con-syrup.html

i picked up some of this today at whole foods on my way to a pet sitting account. though i'm not trying to lose weight, it still makes sense to not cause unnecessary spikes in blood concentrations of insulin and glucose.
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #224
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Well, completed week two of my eat well & be active challenge..
Today was weigh in day and lost 2 more lbs.. not as good as last week but, i know the losing will be smaller now each week and i'm content with 2 lbs, better than gain!

i wasn't as active as i was the week before either, due to my crazy work hours and been busy with life of course but working it in when i can! hehe..

Picked up my challenges for this week..
Eating challenge : is to eat no chocolate all week long
Activity challenge: 25 mins of activity a day (we get 2 points for it) and then 1 point for every 15 mins..
My personal goal challenge: Is to work on smaller portions for my meals, fitting it onto a small plate, rather than a big one..

Of course , i have to keep up with my previous challenges for the last 2 weeks as well.. which have been:
7-8 servings of fruit & vegetables
eating a healthy breakfast every morning
drinking 8 glasses of water each day (no sodapop and no sugary juices)
not to eat a meal after 6pm & to eat 3 meals plus healthy snack between meals.

i was well known for skipping meals, and of course, binge eating.. so getting control on my making sure i eat healthy meals and not getting myself to t he point i want to binge is a big step for me, quite proud of myself these last 2 weeks.. Also, the portion control now will be a big one for me..

This week we were given a small notebook to use as a food & activity journal as well.. This is something ive been saying i would do but never did follow through so will be a good thing to try..

i'm really enjoying this challenge, i will be pushing myself for more activity this week too! THANK YOU to everyone who left me the encouraging and VERY sweet rep with my weight loss last week... i am also very lucky to have supportive people in my life who encourage me along as well.. this has been the absolute best i have ever done on my self journey and this really has me SOOO happy, i'm very very happy with myself!!

YAAAAAAY!
hope you are all doing well - i miss reading tips and updates and the chatter in this thread, sooooooo much ♥

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #225
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats!!!! You can have really dark chocolate once your done this week. The only type of dark chocolate that I can have is Godiva's 75% -85% dark chocolate.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
Well, completed week two of my eat well & be active challenge..
Today was weigh in day and lost 2 more lbs.. not as good as last week but, i know the losing will be smaller now each week and i'm content with 2 lbs, better than gain!

i wasn't as active as i was the week before either, due to my crazy work hours and been busy with life of course but working it in when i can! hehe..

Picked up my challenges for this week..
Eating challenge : is to eat no chocolate all week long
Activity challenge: 25 mins of activity a day (we get 2 points for it) and then 1 point for every 15 mins..
My personal goal challenge: Is to work on smaller portions for my meals, fitting it onto a small plate, rather than a big one..

Of course , i have to keep up with my previous challenges for the last 2 weeks as well.. which have been:
7-8 servings of fruit & vegetables
eating a healthy breakfast every morning
drinking 8 glasses of water each day (no sodapop and no sugary juices)
not to eat a meal after 6pm & to eat 3 meals plus healthy snack between meals.

i was well known for skipping meals, and of course, binge eating.. so getting control on my making sure i eat healthy meals and not getting myself to t he point i want to binge is a big step for me, quite proud of myself these last 2 weeks.. Also, the portion control now will be a big one for me..

This week we were given a small notebook to use as a food & activity journal as well.. This is something ive been saying i would do but never did follow through so will be a good thing to try..

i'm really enjoying this challenge, i will be pushing myself for more activity this week too! THANK YOU to everyone who left me the encouraging and VERY sweet rep with my weight loss last week... i am also very lucky to have supportive people in my life who encourage me along as well.. this has been the absolute best i have ever done on my self journey and this really has me SOOO happy, i'm very very happy with myself!!

YAAAAAAY!
hope you are all doing well - i miss reading tips and updates and the chatter in this thread, sooooooo much ♥
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #226
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

http://www.creativesaga.com/2011/03/...figs-cake.html

figs, especially dried ones are not necessarily low in sugars and carbohydrates; however, if one is looking for extra sources of calcium in their diet, turn to figs for an impressive amount in one serving. last night, i took a package of figs purchased from a lebanese market- 1.99$ [5.99$ at chain supermarket], and blended them with about two cups of water. i came up with a really delicious spread, and/or nice ingredient [with lots of essential nutrients: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1889/2 ]. i thought that i would share this recipe because the amount of egg/oil/sugar could be reduced with the addition of figs pureed/creamed with water. almonds grinded up finely, also reduce oil used in a recipe. this is how to make your own inexpensive almond butter too, ha.

ETA: you could also add balsamic vinegar to some of the fig puree, and have fig balsamic . buy a bottle of cheap balsamic vinegar, place on stove, and reduce until thick- it is a 'balsamic glaze' then. add blueberry, fig, pear, et c. i used the glaze along with shallot and garlic with long beans.

Last edited by violaine; 04-22-2011 at 10:09 AM.
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #227
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

So far my weight loss has been 25 lbs with diet and exercise!! Whoo HOO
Old 04-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #228
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

i just got home from a 2 1/2 hour walk outside by motivating myself to get out there, and it's sooo beautiful out .. i had a great time, so glad i went!

and i feel sooooooo awesome !!! made myself a sammich and heading off to work soon, drinking lotsa water too !

i really need to find a way to bring water with me, because i felt really dehydrated by the end of my walk.. i hate holding something in my hands when im walking though, it really bothers me..

may have to invest in some sort of belt i can clip a bottle onto, or maybe bring a small back pack with me or something, anything!! specially for these long walks!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #229
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

One thing I have found to be very helpful in portion control was to get different dishes. American dishes are huge these days, my grandmothers sets, in use by my folks, are about half the size. I picked up some very plain inexpensive pieces open stock at Ikea. Dinner plates are 8 inches diameter instead of the usual 10-12 inches in most sets, you can also just switch to the salad plates for the main course. Bowls, my small ones held 2 full cups of food, the ones I use now hold one cup. Much more reasonable serving sizes, but I still get a nice big plate/bowlful of whatever I am having without having it look like a reduced portion. It doesn't take but a few days until everything else just looks ridiculous. It really works!

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 07:02 AM   #230
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Well I just returned from a one week business trip to AZ....where I ate tons of salad and healthy stuff....and still managed to gain 5 lbs.

Ugh.

I know that it was just all about the sheer volume of food. They spoil us when we're there, so there's always snacks (healthy snacks, but still....you can only munch on so many nuts and so much fresh fruit and yogurt before it sneaks up on you too)....catered lunch....dinners out....yummy and delicious, but just too too much of everything.

Kelt's right...at least for me....portion control is a huge thing.
And kudos on your walking sylvie...and the weight loss lips...that's fantastic!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #231
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Knock knock , I need the dog

I have a hangover..Suffering from an Easter hangover...Food Food Food, and I managed to stay away for sugar. Going out has hazards. I was very good about not buying one piece of Easter candy. i know me. There is not just one marshmallow peep per day. HAH, you jest-->eat peeps in moderation.Hahha

Alas, I went out. I ate things I have stayed away from for over 6 months. Steak and lobster, 2 mind you, 2 butter dipped steamed or baked in something magical artichokes made just the way I love them. Nasty terrible sweet potato french fries.

i am heading to the pool RIGHT Now, and maybe I'll walk the dog tonight.

Wait I don't have a dog. I know where one lives. She watched me eat steak and lobster and I didn't share.

Last edited by Tommi; 04-26-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #232
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Good Morning Kelt,

I have an app on my iPhone that helps me count calories. And one way to do this, is by portion control. I never knew how much extra food I consumed until I started this a year ago and since then, I have been able to lose another 15lbs and keep it off. My Human Nutrition professor told us never believe the scale. One day it could say you have lost 5lbs but the next day, it can say that you have gained 10lbs. She recommended to us, that we should only weigh ourselves twice a week, this way we could get a more accurate reading of how much weight we have lost.

Have a wonderful day and I love shopping at IKEA.

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
One thing I have found to be very helpful in portion control was to get different dishes. American dishes are huge these days, my grandmothers sets, in use by my folks, are about half the size. I picked up some very plain inexpensive pieces open stock at Ikea. Dinner plates are 8 inches diameter instead of the usual 10-12 inches in most sets, you can also just switch to the salad plates for the main course. Bowls, my small ones held 2 full cups of food, the ones I use now hold one cup. Much more reasonable serving sizes, but I still get a nice big plate/bowlful of whatever I am having without having it look like a reduced portion. It doesn't take but a few days until everything else just looks ridiculous. It really works!

The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #233
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Good Morning Everyone,

I found a wonderful app for my iPhone. It is called, Vevo. You can watch music videos for free and create a playlist. I am not sure if you can find it for the Android phones, but I will see if someone I know who has one, can find it.

I added the following songs to my playlist:

On The Floor by Jennifer Lopez
Shut It Down by PitBull
Bon Bon by PitBull
Til The World Ends by Britney Spears
S&M Remix by Rhianna and Britney
Waking Up In Vegas by Katy Perry
E.T. with Kanye West by Katy Perry
Hot and Cold by Katy Perry
and a few more that I cannot remember.

Have a wonderful day,

Zimmy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #234
LBgirl

How Do You Identify?:
Daddi's Girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
sweetie, baby, hunny-pie
Relationship Status:
I am looking for new friends

LBgirl Has the BEST ReputationLBgirl Has the BEST ReputationLBgirl Has the BEST ReputationLBgirl Has the BEST ReputationLBgirl Has the BEST ReputationLBgirl Has the BEST ReputationLBgirl Has the BEST ReputationLBgirl Has the BEST ReputationLBgirl Has the BEST ReputationLBgirl Has the BEST ReputationLBgirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
I have a hangover..Suffering from an Easter hangover...Food Food Food, and I managed to stay away for sugar. Going out has hazards. I was very good about not buying one piece of Easter candy. i know me. There is not just one marshmallow peep per day. HAH, you jest-->eat peeps in moderation.Hahha

Alas, I went out. I ate things I have stayed away from for over 6 months. Steak and lobster, 2 mind you, 2 butter dipped steamed or baked in something magical artichokes made just the way I love them. Nasty terrible sweet potato french fries.

i am heading to the pool RIGHT Now, and maybe I'll walk the dog tonight.

Wait I don't have a dog. I know where one lives. She watched me eat steak and lobster and I didn't share.
I haz a dog, but she doesn't eat steak and lobster. However, long walks are her forte! Come "borrow" her anytime, Tommi!
LBgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LBgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 07:01 AM   #235
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBgirl View Post
I haz a dog, but she doesn't eat steak and lobster. However, long walks are her forte! Come "borrow" her anytime, Tommi!

When I need a good workout, I'll come over and take the Jelly Bean for a jaunt on the boardwalk. Or will I get taken with those lil legs dancing and prancing. : and visiting friends

Gooood morning everyone..Back to a routine in spite of life getting in the way.

6AM..swimming pool , jacuzzi time.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #236
Captain Franki

How Do You Identify?:
FAAB Genderqueer; Camp as Christmas; Utterly Confused; Pokemon Master
Preferred Pronoun?:
They or any other neutral pronoun
Relationship Status:
Single

Captain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST Reputation

Any tips for fat loss when you're already quite slim? I'm 5" 3' and 110 pound ish . a small proportion of that is muscle.
i've been trying to balance weightloss with muscle gain (mostly biceps/triceps work) but i'm hitting a bit of a plateau now.
my fat distribution is weird.the first place it comes off is my back. i've only ever been unhappy with my back when i was at my highest weight. my arms, hips (yes!!), legs, face. chest and butt lose next. thighs are a bit slow. but... i have stubborn fat around my waist and stomach that just won't go without a huge fight. my middle section clings and clings. i guess i'm a skinny apple, perhaps. i look slim in clothing sometimes but when it comes off: blech.

I'm thinking of giving up on weightloss and just concentrating completely on muscle gain. but if there's any good advice i might keep on keeping on.

i'm ultimately after a toned andro look but i'm pretty skinnyfat type.
Captain Franki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Franki For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #237
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Franki View Post
Any tips for fat loss when you're already quite slim? I'm 5" 3' and 110 pound ish . a small proportion of that is muscle.
i've been trying to balance weightloss with muscle gain (mostly biceps/triceps work) but i'm hitting a bit of a plateau now.
my fat distribution is weird.the first place it comes off is my back. i've only ever been unhappy with my back when i was at my highest weight. my arms, hips (yes!!), legs, face. chest and butt lose next. thighs are a bit slow. but... i have stubborn fat around my waist and stomach that just won't go without a huge fight. my middle section clings and clings. i guess i'm a skinny apple, perhaps. i look slim in clothing sometimes but when it comes off: blech.

I'm thinking of giving up on weightloss and just concentrating completely on muscle gain. but if there's any good advice i might keep on keeping on.

i'm ultimately after a toned andro look but i'm pretty skinnyfat type.
Muscle weighs more than fat. You have to have some fat on your body. Eat plenty of protein, meat, eggs, protein shakes and work those muscles. You probably need to gain weight threw muscle mass, but again you are going to have some fat.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #238
Captain Franki

How Do You Identify?:
FAAB Genderqueer; Camp as Christmas; Utterly Confused; Pokemon Master
Preferred Pronoun?:
They or any other neutral pronoun
Relationship Status:
Single

Captain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST ReputationCaptain Franki Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Muscle weighs more than fat. You have to have some fat on your body. Eat plenty of protein, meat, eggs, protein shakes and work those muscles. You probably need to gain weight threw muscle mass, but again you are going to have some fat.
Yeah i've already my diet over to more protein and less carbs as best I can on my impoverished budget and seen good results from that. I just hate my fat though. I hate my stomach that sticks out. I can defo pinch an inch. I'd kill to have definition and i read over and over that you don't get definition if a layer of fat is hiding your muscles.
Captain Franki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Franki For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #239
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,774 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Muscle weighs more than fat.
Actually, it does't. A pound of muscle equals a pound of fat because a pound is a pound.

BUT

Muscle is much more dense than fat, so it takes up less SPACE in the body...about a third of the space that fat does, if memory serves me correctly.

I weigh about the same as I did several months ago when I started working again and stopped working out so much (pretty much at all, really), but my clothes are getting tighter so I know I'm spreading out and gaining more of the jiggly stuff and losing or at least not helping the good stuff. I will be getting back into some sort of a work out routine, even if it's only 20 minutes here and there. Anything's better than nothing, right?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #240
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

*waves to everyone*

i feel so behind in this thread, i have some posts to catch up with!
but, i'll have to come back to do that - because upon entering this thread, i got a text on my cell kicking my rear out to go walking --

how's that for motivation - hehe, off i go!
be back in awhile to update and catch up! =)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: