Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Art

Old 12-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default MUSIC CENTRAL!!!

Please, anything and EVERYTHING pertaining to music:

*Favorite song. Performer. Band. Orchestra. All time favorite songs, time periods of music. New songs.

*Music trivia... (facts and questions).

*Post the MOOD you are in through a song! Let us know that if you like... open up to us.

*Lyrics - like beautiful poetry to me it is, or the specific reality of "feeling" something painful or sad through the words. Perhaps something worded to help deal with your frustrations(?) Please post them here if you wish.

*Melody's. How does a melody appeal to you or make you feel?

*How about that "rhythm"?!

*Photo's of bands, performers that you love, (or any other artwork type of same...)

*Music interpretations. Lyrics, melody or art/videos. What does it mean to you on any given level? For example, I like to watch video's to see what the artist's take of their song is - or how they choose to "share it". (And to see if I was even close! But, sometimes like MY own take of something - if the artist is open and welcoming to that of course!)

*Personal experience with music and/or your love for it. Special memories!?

*Music stories, songs about your own writing, or where you are taken back into time when you hear a certain song, or are in a situation and the song comes back to you. What does it mean to you? Please share.

*A song to dedicate for whatever reasons. Share your love, pain, memories, doubts, happiness, growth, etc... through music.

*New artists and performers you currently like.

*Old performers or bands [gone] that we MISS.

*Writing about various music genre's you enjoy, or posting songs of such. Share it all!

*If you play any instruments and/or sing, have ever performed - solo, or in a band, etc...

*If you've written music and/or lyrics. IF you have a music "block" and are struggling with that.

*Do Karaoke?

A place to share ANYTHING regarding music. Very broad based here. Old and new... and anything I haven't thought of here to mention.

This is everyone's thread. I just really needed it to be here. Life is one big musical to me, and one of my primary areas of interest and pleasure - as well as for personal communication and sharing! I hear music in everything. From a beautiful view to the sound of a stream or the wind blowing through the trees/leaves. Or, simply any "situation".

And sometimes I just need to rock out when driving the car and belting out a tune while banging on the steering wheel. I sing in the shower at times too. And I dance when I am in the mood - when I am alone or in a public place, (not really for dancing, like in a grocery store)!

Please enjoy ALL. Don't be shy...

WILDCAT

*Yes, this is a little "energetic". It's just one post at a time though... think passion for life through music. Here.
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STufVanZ25k&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- LXD-SYTYCD.mov[/ame]

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
That was absolutely amazing!

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default Listen to the music!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnEXOSBnKOg"]YouTube- The Doobie Brothers - Listen To The Music[/ame]

Doobie Brothers: Dedicated to ALL of you butch truckers out there! (And to the femme's who miss them while they are on the road. Or, the femme truckers and butch's who miss them...)

The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Trivia question:

WHAT ALL FEMALE band is considered to be the FIRST really true mainstream "hard rock" band?

(Clue: One of these performers became well know to many of us as an out lesbian performing at the early Mich. Festivals.)

*And "Hi" to you if you happen to read this...
Old 12-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gravity---Sara Barreillis

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x7alINFNKI&feature=related"]YouTube- Kayla and Kupono Addiction HD (Finale)[/ame]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #7
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Snowy, that "Gravity" piece was HOT.

I meant to mention dancing and choreography too.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

WILD
Old 12-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #8
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77uE7WE6Grk"]YouTube- Enya - The Memory of Trees[/ame]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
It was great in person too. My honey is a fan of the show "So You Think You Can Dance". They were going to be touring in our area, so I got her tickets. She was psyched. I honestly didn't want to go, but I did (for her). In any case, that performance was great and happened to be my favorite part of the show. Very powerful piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
Snowy, that "Gravity" piece was HOT.

I meant to mention dancing and choreography too.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

WILD
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #10
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
WHAT ALL FEMALE band is considered to be the FIRST really true mainstream "hard rock" band?
Girlschool!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i69l6xEjBnQ"]YouTube- JOHNNY TERRIS: GIRLSCHOOL GUITARIST KELLY JOHNSON TRIBUTE RIP[/ame]
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #11
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I've been listening to a lot of Angie Aparo lately

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbYMp8VgNc0"]YouTube- Angie Aparo - "Rocket Man" - Live at Room 5 Lounge[/ame]
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz3DROS00k4&feature=PlayList&p=3BF138E8715 6E43B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=65"]YouTube- Memoirs of a Geisha- Snow Dance[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #13
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Here's what I'm listening to right now. Maybe this will catch my cat's attention from trying to climb the friggon Xmas tree....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWzGlkzpjA"]YouTube- Christmas Jingle Cats[/ame]
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:56 AM   #14
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post

Nope!

This was an extremely good choice though. Very sad about the loss of Kelly Johnson, she was so good! And really ROCKED. But, I'm talking back further than this.

Think, "relative" to time periods too. For example, how we thought of Jimi ,The Who as being "hard rock", some of it is considered "pretty now" by some current standards.

Just like when Black Sabboth and Deep Purple came along, today some of "that" is very "beautiful"...

Seriously, this was the first all women's band accepted for major mainstream recording - a difficult pathway to establish for the time. They wrote their own music and all played there own instruments. And although there surely were other women's band's then playing rock, this was the first "hired" for recording.

Other all female bands were accepted for this band paving the way.

More clues lined up, but keep trying first. I gave a VERY good clue to start off with.

Sincerely!

WILDCAT
Old 12-08-2009, 04:21 AM   #15
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Nope!

This was an extremely good choice though. Very sad about the loss of Kelly Johnson, she was so good! And really ROCKED. But, I'm talking back further than this.

Think, "relative" to time periods too. For example, how we thought of Jimi ,The Who as being "hard rock", some of it is considered "pretty now" by some current standards.

Just like when Black Sabboth and Deep Purple came along, today some of "that" is very "beautiful"...

Seriously, this was the first all women's band accepted for major mainstream recording - a difficult pathway to establish for the time. They wrote their own music and all played there own instruments. And although there surely were other women's band's then playing rock, this was the first "hired" for recording.

Other all female bands were accepted for this band paving the way.

More clues lined up, but keep trying first. I gave a VERY good clue to start off with.

Sincerely!

WILDCAT
Hmmmm.... I was thrown by your query about the first mainstream successful HARD rock band. Which I believe is Girlschool. The Runaways were later and not as successful. I believe one of the members of Girlschool (the drummer?) later joined the Go-Go's and after that played some lez festivals?
Unless you mean The Slits which were certainly HARD but considered more punk than rock.
Back further than Girlschool, and mainstream and popular? And HARD rock? And all-female? No one that I know of.

Now if we are talking about regular blues-based rock, history of rock and (non-hard) roll and all, then the first mainstream all-female rock band would probably be the GTO's.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCC0lihHBwQ"]YouTube- the GTOs (Girls Together Outrageously), 1969[/ame]

But I'm thinking you mean the Fannies. Blues based rock remarkable for existing in a man's world circa 1970 (or whenever). They rocked! In a 70's Tv friendly non- hard way! lol. But seriously, they totally rocked.
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #16
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

Quote:

(Clue: One of these performers became well know to many of us as an out lesbian performing at the early Mich. Festivals.)

I know this is a fairly old post, WILDCAT...but I love music trivia...wasn't that the Runaways?
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:27 PM   #17
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I'm not sure, but possibly.... could it be.... HEART???

If so, that would be awesome.

Ps/ I know you haven't been here for a spell, but hope you're doing well.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #18
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2 top forties-world tour-five albums

Quote:

Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #19
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #20
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: