Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 07-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #21
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Oh cool! I kept meaning to do a search for a podcast thread or create one! Medusa... looks like you have a few I need to check out! I too listen to several from NPR.

I try not to watch too much news cuz it's just so annoying but listening doesn't seem to bother me quite so much!

News

Anderson Cooper 360
MSNBC Morning Joe
MSNBC Rachel Maddow

Humor and/or Interview

Here's The Thing with Alec Baldwin <-- he's grown on me some

Death, Sex and Money <-- is an interview-style podcast hosted by Anna Sale that discusses the big questions "often left out of polite conversation

The Tobolowky Files <-- annoying BING! dude from Groundhog Day He's had some interesting adventures! He's a great story teller and his voice alone makes me smile

Educational

Naked Scientists <-- BBC and there a dozens for different fields of study.

Discovery <-- BBC again ... science stuff

Invisibilia <-- kinda new, 2015 "explores the intangible forces that shape human behavior—things like ideas, beliefs, assumptions and emotions."

I usually listen to podcasts as I'm winding down or headed off to sleep. My brain doesn't always shut off so listening to something benign ... emotionally neutral (?) lol ... helps me to go to sleep. <-- ya can't listen and think as the same time.

Sleep

Stories From The Boarder of Sleep <-- stories

Atmosphonic - Sounds To Help You Relax and Sleep <-- just discovered this one. I like their files Waves and Afternoon Thunderstorm
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:29 PM   #22
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

I have been listening to Pod Save the People with DeRay McKesson. He touches on important issues not necessarily in the news.

I find I don't have nearly enough time to listen to as many podcasts as I would like.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #23
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Just discovered a cool new podcast ...

Stay Tuned with Preet - Join former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara for a podcast about justice and fairness.

If the name sounds familiar ... he was the "U.S. Attorney for the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York" who Trump first said to stay and then fired.

It was really interesting to hear Preet describe how all that went down...

That Time President Trump Fired Me (with Leon Panetta)
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #24
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Nancy - BFFs Kathy Tu and Tobin Low are super queer, super fun and ready to take over your podcast feed. Join them for provocative stories and frank conversations about the LGBTQ experience today. Because everyone's a little bit gay.

So far I've not found a family podcast that wasn't just too silly. Admittedly, I'm only on episode #7 but so far I'm digging Nancy.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:25 PM   #25
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Haven't listened to this one yet but it sounds interesting and different.

In 'Conversations With People Who Hate Me' An Activist Calls Up His Worst Critics

Dylan Marron has a lot of haters. The actor and activist makes online videos about social justice — and the comments that appear on those videos can be harsh, to say the least.

Plenty of people would just ignore all that negativity, but not Marron. He decided to reach out to his harshest critics to ask about what set them off, and why. The first season of his podcast, Conversations with People Who Hate Me, featured Skype calls between Marron and his detractors.

In the second season, he moderates conversations between "trolls" and the people they've trolled — though as he explains below, using the word "troll" isn't a great way to start a dialogue.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:07 AM   #26
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,588 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post

Nancy - BFFs Kathy Tu and Tobin Low are super queer, super fun and ready to take over your podcast feed. Join them for provocative stories and frank conversations about the LGBTQ experience today. Because everyone's a little bit gay.

So far I've not found a family podcast that wasn't just too silly. Admittedly, I'm only on episode #7 but so far I'm digging Nancy.
Thanks for this recommendation - I'm enjoying it!
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #27
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

A couple of weeks ago it felt time for me to take a break from news related podcasts. So, I Googled "uplifting podcasts" and found this website....

8 Addictive Podcasts That Will Give You a Happiness Boost <-- All the recommended podcasts were pretty cool but the two listed below I thought were especially cool.

If You're Searching for Meaning, Listen to … 10% Happier with Dan Harris <-- primarily to do with meditation but there's also insight here and there re: other topics.

If You Want to Feel Just Plain Happier, Listen to … Happier with Gretchen Rubin <-- primarily to do with everything!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 05:58 PM   #28
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
A couple of weeks ago it felt time for me to take a break from news related podcasts. So, I Googled "uplifting podcasts" and found this website....

8 Addictive Podcasts That Will Give You a Happiness Boost <-- All the recommended podcasts were pretty cool but the two listed below I thought were especially cool.

If You're Searching for Meaning, Listen to … 10% Happier with Dan Harris <-- primarily to do with meditation but there's also insight here and there re: other topics.

If You Want to Feel Just Plain Happier, Listen to … Happier with Gretchen Rubin <-- primarily to do with everything!
Thank you for these. I too need something to offset the uglier side of life.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #29
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mini-stories: Volume 5

99percentinvisible: Episode no. 333

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #30
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default 99%invisible episode no. 338

Back before the coining of the term Climate Change came into existence, there was the oil spill down in Santa Barbara, which became the critical tipping point which called attention to the damage caused by unchecked oil industry practices... and triggered a national response to create the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This episode gives critical attention and details how the climate change conversation began, years ago.

It's terribly interesting and critical to understanding Climate Change (…).

Crude Habitat: Episode no. 388.

_____ ______
Old 02-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #31
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

i'm no critical authority on climate change but even a fool like me can understand that when parts of Louisiana are inundating and becoming uninhabitable, all of us need to teach other why we need each-other to survive ...and our gender/sexual distinctions may be the shallowest distinctions amongst us.

AS Rodney King once said " Can't we all just get along" ...SURE...at least until we make life on this planet more reasonably assured.Let's all be pals etc, get along, etc...but let's not wipe out every avenue of disagreement.

Come debate/argue with me ( and others )...we will keep our intellectual juice flowing and we will keep serving the life-blood of our community.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2019, 09:30 AM   #32
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
i'm no critical authority on climate change but even a fool like me can understand that when parts of Louisiana are inundating and becoming uninhabitable, all of us need to teach other why we need each-other to survive ...and our gender/sexual distinctions may be the shallowest distinctions amongst us.

AS Rodney King once said " Can't we all just get along" ...SURE...at least until we make life on this planet more reasonably assured.Let's all be pals etc, get along, etc...but let's not wipe out every avenue of disagreement.

Come debate/argue with me ( and others )...we will keep our intellectual juice flowing and we will keep serving the life-blood of our community.
Me too, I'm no authority on Climate Change but the clearest, most recent example in the news is the flooding back in the Mid-west, due to levee's exploding past multiple barriers and generations of farmers losing their entire crops (which they barely make any revenue on).

Here's the NYT's story from headline news on MSN, about how a soy bean crop farmer (Roger Ideker, see photo in article) filed suit, several years ago, against the Army Corps of Engineers. His legal case argues that because of X, Y and Z conditions that happen (climate change tragedies -- major rivers exploding past their levee's, etc) and falling outside the ordinary limits of natural disaster insurance type stuff, has basically destroyed the way farmers try to eke out a living: "...repeated floods amounts to seizure of property..." (R. Ideker, see NYT's article).

It's terrible, the economic burden US farmers of soy, corn or any crop. face. From what I understand, they enter contracts with the US government to produce crops, but then Monsanto owns the market for seeds, then when the crop finally makes it to the market, the same oliogarchy who demanded high prices for seeds, barely pays them anything for the crops they produce, barring catastrophic disasters, such as the flooding in the Mid-west.

NYT's Article: 'Breaches Everywhere': Midwest Levees Burst, Tough Questions Follow

_____ ______
Old 10-11-2022, 11:02 AM   #33
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Smile Italian Cuisine and other anecdotal stories about Italy(...)

Stanley Tucci's podcasts on Apple and on CNN and Youtube.

LINK: https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...n-2/index.html

_____ ______

Tags
podcasts