Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

You don't agree with me, you're gone... cancel culture
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #962
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Yeah there is a lot of gentrification that has happened in US cities too. Suburbs are definitely not all white. Some people of color live there by choice and others had to move when it got too expensive to live in the city - along with many white people.

When the McCloskeys talked about "if it can happen to us it can happen to anyone" I do believe they were talking about white neighborhoods being "invaded." Pure racism.

Trump is also trying to appeal to white suburban women since they are a significant voting block but I don't think his tactics are very effective.

Is "cancel culture" a widely-known phrase? Do they use it on FOX? Just wondering since I only vaguely know what it means and they used it over and over again last night.
Cancel culture means you might face consequences for using hate speech, being a perv, making racist jokes
Old 08-25-2020, 04:50 PM   #963
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Is "cancel culture" a widely-known phrase? Do they use it on FOX? Just wondering since I only vaguely know what it means and they used it over and over again last night.
"Cancel culture", the act of publicly shaming someone and actively "outing" someone's activities/beliefs/etc. to their employer/families/friends in an attempt to get them fired/divorced/unfriended is widely-known among certain groups of people - mainly internet trolls, IMO. I think it's becoming more widely known, because I heard a short story about it on _Marketplace_ on NPR/APM. I don't know if they use it on FOX, because I don't watch that POS propaganda generator.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2020, 05:55 PM   #964
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks everyone. Yes, I have heard it crop up more lately. I just wonder if the average Republican would be familar with it. Maybe they are.

I think it's a dumb term and they just want to be racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist, etc. without any consequences and they accuse us of the very things they do - trying to control people, our beliefs & thoughts, etc.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2020, 07:13 PM   #965
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Badgers are short-legged omnivores in the families Mustelidae, and Mephitidae. Badgers are a polyphyletic grouping, and are not a natural taxonomic grouping: badgers are united by their squat bodies, adapted for fossorial activity. All belong to the caniform suborder of carnivoran mammals. Wikipedia

Huh? Good to know.
Old 08-25-2020, 07:14 PM   #966
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

Cissie Graham is trying to hang a HALO over Trumps head ~ not mentioning that Trump was such a good friend of Epstien's she's an idiot .
Old 08-26-2020, 07:17 AM   #967
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Justin Beach, a Toronto-based freelance writer and political activist on cancel culture:

"Cancel culture has been around forever and conservatives used to love it. How many people lost their jobs or were denied employment because they were gay? How many people were disowned by their parents because they were gay or trans or because they chose a partner who was a different race, ethnicity or religion? How many people saw their careers ruined because of some (according to puritanical religious groups) moral failing, or because Joseph McCarthy decided they were commies. Conservatives LOVE cancel culture, they’re just pissed because morality has shifted and they don’t get to decide who gets canceled anymore. If you need proof just look at all the individuals and groups they’ve tried and failed to cancel in recent years - from Dolly Parton, Collin Kaepernick and the Dixie Chicks to Nike, the NFL, Disney and Nascar."
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2020, 07:51 AM   #968
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Odd thing: Melania, in referring to her "truth-telling " husband, forgot to mention all those times he cheated on her and lied about it.

Or maybe, each time he cheated, he came home and said "Honey, I just cheated on you." and that made him a "truth-teller" and it was all ok.

Just goes to show you: If you lie and cheat often enough, it gets hard to keep track.

If I was Melania, I'd be cheating like crazy. I mean, why not.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:29 AM   #969
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Trump trailing Biden in key swing states: poll...

August 26, 2020, 5:04 AM PDT....

While the president is trailing Biden in key swing states like Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, polling appears to be showing a tightening in those states also.

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/wa...ll-90657349597
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2020, 09:13 AM   #970
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Is it any surprise that "folks" are being shit-scared if they are predisposed to being shit scared? To Trump this is 20 cans of Red Bull downed in 30 seconds.

Time for the Democratic party and local communities to step up forcefully, use their connections in the affected communities to marshal and organize the protests and use their own "vigilantes" to stop the vandalism. The grievances are very real but the response can be so very self defeating...time to harness response, not to deny grievance but to turn the anger into a productive force.

And Biden HAS to be up front on this...not just seen to be shaking his head in sad dismay.

Advice from a nice older white woman in Canada who thinks the police are there to help her cross the street.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:33 AM   #971
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Justin Beach, a Toronto-based freelance writer and political activist on cancel culture:

"Cancel culture has been around forever and conservatives used to love it. How many people lost their jobs or were denied employment because they were gay? How many people were disowned by their parents because they were gay or trans or because they chose a partner who was a different race, ethnicity or religion? How many people saw their careers ruined because of some (according to puritanical religious groups) moral failing, or because Joseph McCarthy decided they were commies. Conservatives LOVE cancel culture, they’re just pissed because morality has shifted and they don’t get to decide who gets canceled anymore. If you need proof just look at all the individuals and groups they’ve tried and failed to cancel in recent years - from Dolly Parton, Collin Kaepernick and the Dixie Chicks to Nike, the NFL, Disney and Nascar."
Yes, exactly. As I said earlier, they accuse us of what they do and have done for a very long time. The Republican party is not the party of freedom. It is the party of intolerance.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2020, 04:07 PM   #972
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

****** wait for the debate between Donny Dolly Hands and Biden *****
then you will see Biden's strength ~ it is NOT over by far. the fact that all trump has going for him is his ignorant children proves who he really is. There is no sense for Biden to turn the convention into a verbal bashing ~ that's Trump's style. Biden knows how to deal with this bully. Silence is GOLDEN. just my personal opinion. ))
Old 08-26-2020, 08:29 PM   #973
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
****** wait for the debate between Donny Dolly Hands and Biden *****
then you will see Biden's strength ~ it is NOT over by far. the fact that all trump has going for him is his ignorant children proves who he really is. There is no sense for Biden to turn the convention into a verbal bashing ~ that's Trump's style. Biden knows how to deal with this bully. Silence is GOLDEN. just my personal opinion. ))
i completely agree wih you! I can't wait to see them side by side so that people can see the stark difference between the two men and candidates. I think Biden will project strength and confidence and eat Trump for lunch. He will stay focused while Trump will be trying to play games and distract Biden but Joe won't fall for it.

Jill Biden was on MSNBC on the night befoe Biden gave his big speech. One thing she said that stood out to me is that he is feeling confident and will be a very confident president.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2020, 10:51 PM   #974
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
i completely agree wih you! I can't wait to see them side by side so that people can see the stark difference between the two men and candidates. I think Biden will project strength and confidence and eat Trump for lunch. He will stay focused while Trump will be trying to play games and distract Biden but Joe won't fall for it.

Jill Biden was on MSNBC on the night befoe Biden gave his big speech. One thing she said that stood out to me is that he is feeling confident and will be a very confident president.
I hope you're right! I thought Hilary Clinton did an excellent job in her debates with that MF, and that the way he loomed and tried to physically intimidate her must have looked super creepy to all the women voters. Not to mention that he sounded exactly like the idiot that he is and was. I assumed she had it in the bag....
Old 08-27-2020, 08:59 AM   #975
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks to Stephen Colbert Late Show....
Old 08-27-2020, 11:16 AM   #976
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I hope you're right! I thought Hilary Clinton did an excellent job in her debates with that MF, and that the way he loomed and tried to physically intimidate her must have looked super creepy to all the women voters. Not to mention that he sounded exactly like the idiot that he is and was. I assumed she had it in the bag....
I completely understand. I felt the exact same way you did about Clinton and Trump.

There are several things this time that are different. Mainly, people now have seen Trump's job performance and Biden doesn't have to deal with the massive and disgusting sexism that Clinton did along with the 40-year hit job on her.

I am confident but not taking anything for granted. I will be voting as early as possible - the beginning of October.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #977
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Hoorah, for Kamala Harris. She's got it right. Here is a link to the news report about the speech she will give tonight, ahead of the last day of the GOP Liars Convention.

And I quote Harris: "You see, at its most basic level, [TP] doesnt understand the Presidency. He thinks it's all about him. Well, it's not. It's about you," -- Kamala Harris.

Link to story below:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/kama...ve_twopack_hed

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2020, 04:51 PM   #978
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Last night of the RNC........

~~
Thank god it's just about over!
Old 08-27-2020, 09:34 PM   #979
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~
Thank god it's just about over!
^ 5 on that homoe ~ how dare he take up good TV time lol
Old 08-28-2020, 08:53 AM   #980
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~~
Fox News’ Chris Wallace Trashes Trump’s ‘Surprisingly Flat’ RNC Speech Wallace and analyst Brit Hume said the president’s hour-plus speech went on far too long.

Wallace also called out the event’s failure to follow coronavirus safety guidelines. “The fact that there were 2,000 people in close quarters, on the South Lawn there with seemingly very few with masks, no social distancing, ignoring all of the public health recommendations,” he said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chris...b697186e338947

Tags
2020, election