Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 05-07-2020, 02:26 PM   #441
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,763 Times in 549 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Very interesting article

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/europ..._H0oAa4E4wBL-o
Give it a look see....
Old 05-08-2020, 05:21 PM   #442
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

Yikes ! I just read that 11 of Trumps secret service men have the virus ~ 1 of Pence's does too ! They followed TRUMPS arrogance and now look ~ their all getting sick.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #443
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
Yikes ! I just read that 11 of Trumps secret service men have the virus ~ 1 of Pence's does too ! They followed TRUMPS arrogance and now look ~ their all getting sick.
Maybe we’ll get lucky…
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2020, 08:27 PM   #444
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

RIP Roy Horn ~ of Siegfried & Roy dies of the Covid-19 virus . today. May 8/ 2020
Old 05-12-2020, 04:55 PM   #445
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

this beast of a virus struck my extended family ~ my grandsons ( Jonathan's ) aunt, uncle and their new born baby and 3 yr old daughter, plus Jonathan's grandfather they all live together. today they all tested positive for covid 19 my grandson got the call today from his father that family members are sick and in quarantine , except the new born that's in the hospital ~ say a prayer if u can for this family to survive this virus.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:01 PM   #446
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I got tested yesterday (no results yet) via nasal swab and i came here to tell ya'll IT HUUUURTS
i cried

Old 05-12-2020, 09:29 PM   #447
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
this beast of a virus struck my extended family ~ my grandsons ( Jonathan's ) aunt, uncle and their new born baby and 3 yr old daughter, plus Jonathan's grandfather they all live together. today they all tested positive for covid 19 my grandson got the call today from his father that family members are sick and in quarantine , except the new born that's in the hospital ~ say a prayer if u can for this family to survive this virus.
Done
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2020, 09:49 PM   #448
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
DID!!!!:
Old 05-13-2020, 06:54 AM   #449
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,465 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Really McConnell?! We have had to hear repeatedly the President's BS about empty shelves. I think I have previously posted that it seems to me in 3 years Trump could/should have filled them, if that was really the case. Next Trump goes on and on about how Obama's COVID-19 testing was junk. Um news alert!!! There was no COVID-19 around during Obama's terms. Now YOU are going to claim, on the Trump propaganda network, that President Obama's administration did not leave you a pandemic game plan. So a 69 page pandemic play book, offices in place around the world to watch for signs of a pandemic (75% which you closed up in 2018) and pandemic exercises for the government to perform in order to be ready for said pandemic was an inadequate game plan?! You are an evil man (actually both of you) and have blood on your hands. Spinning your endless lies as the country looks for leadership and lifesaving help. How in hell has our country sunk to this level?
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2020, 08:35 PM   #450
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,535 Times in 10,208 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Oh yeah, that would be my county.

Fort Bend County is among the 10 top locations to watch according to a new White House Coronavirus Task Force report, NBC News reports.

According to the report, Fort Bend County is on the “locations to watch” list because it has recorded a 64.8 percent increase in numbers of cases.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2020, 08:56 PM   #451
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Really McConnell?! We have had to hear repeatedly the President's BS about empty shelves. I think I have previously posted that it seems to me in 3 years Trump could/should have filled them, if that was really the case. Next Trump goes on and on about how Obama's COVID-19 testing was junk. Um news alert!!! There was no COVID-19 around during Obama's terms. Now YOU are going to claim, on the Trump propaganda network, that President Obama's administration did not leave you a pandemic game plan. So a 69 page pandemic play book, offices in place around the world to watch for signs of a pandemic (75% which you closed up in 2018) and pandemic exercises for the government to perform in order to be ready for said pandemic was an inadequate game plan?! You are an evil man (actually both of you) and have blood on your hands. Spinning your endless lies as the country looks for leadership and lifesaving help. How in hell has our country sunk to this level?

^5 my brother They have no regard for human lives. I said it before and I'll say it again . TRUMP HATES US. He loves himself and money. His recent treatment of a first class SCIENTIST Dr. Fauci has made the world sick. The whole world respects Dr. Fauci . Trump is making this pandemic political and its science.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:08 AM   #452
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I live in WA state and hadn't heard anything about it until today but in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Inslee has declared a state of emergency for all counties in Washington state. This allows DSHS to issue benefits under the Disaster Cash Assistance Program to families and individuals who wouldn’t normally be eligible for cash benefits. This link leads to a page giving more information about the program -

https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/defaul...ProgramFAQ.pdf

Also a link to the new statewide COVID-19 for WA state website -

https://www.dshs.wa.gov/alert/covid-19-information
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 10:51 AM   #453
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Surgeon General Doubles Down: Masks Increase Virus Risk

Surgeon General Jerome Adams Tuesday doubled down on his advice against healthy people wearing face masks to protect themselves from coronavirus, saying that wearing one improperly can "actually increase your risk" of getting the disease.

"What the World Health Organization and the CDC have reaffirmed in the last few days is that they do not recommend the general public wear masks," Adams told Fox News' "Fox and Friends." "There was a study in 2015 looking at medical students. And medical students wearing surgical masks touch their faces on average 23 times. We know a major way that you can get respiratory diseases like coronavirus is by touching a surface and then touching your face."

Masks also can give the wearer a "false sense of security" and can encourage people to be too close to each other, said Adams, and further, there are still mask shortages nationwide.

People who are sick should wear masks, said Adams, but acknowledged that if healthy people feel better by wearing a mask, "by all means, wear it" but they should not touch their faces.

He also insisted the general public should not wear medical-style N95 masks, because they must be fitted properly to avoid infection.

"There may be a day where we change our recommendation, particularly for areas that have large spread going on, about wearing cotton masks but again the data is not there yet," said Adams.

Source: newsmax.com
Date: Thursday May 14, 2020
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 10:54 AM   #454
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
I got tested yesterday (no results yet) via nasal swab and i came here to tell ya'll IT HUUUURTS
i cried

Negative! Who wants to shake hands real quick
Old 05-14-2020, 01:43 PM   #455
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
Negative! Who wants to shake hands real quick
^ 5 sister girl ~ YEAH !!!
Old 05-14-2020, 01:47 PM   #456
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl View Post

Surgeon General Jerome Adams Tuesday doubled down on his advice against healthy people wearing face masks to protect themselves from coronavirus, saying that wearing one improperly can "actually increase your risk" of getting the disease.

"What the World Health Organization and the CDC have reaffirmed in the last few days is that they do not recommend the general public wear masks," Adams told Fox News' "Fox and Friends." "There was a study in 2015 looking at medical students. And medical students wearing surgical masks touch their faces on average 23 times. We know a major way that you can get respiratory diseases like coronavirus is by touching a surface and then touching your face."

Masks also can give the wearer a "false sense of security" and can encourage people to be too close to each other, said Adams, and further, there are still mask shortages nationwide.

People who are sick should wear masks, said Adams, but acknowledged that if healthy people feel better by wearing a mask, "by all means, wear it" but they should not touch their faces.

He also insisted the general public should not wear medical-style N95 masks, because they must be fitted properly to avoid infection.

"There may be a day where we change our recommendation, particularly for areas that have large spread going on, about wearing cotton masks but again the data is not there yet," said Adams.

new findings that the spread goes even further ~ WASH your masks ! as individuals we need to have several masks if and when you go out. CNN today had a lot of very important NEW distance measures we need to abide by. we can't depend on the WH for help we need to help ourselves.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:12 PM   #457
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

president bleach and v.p. Lysol said if there are spikes when the open schools NO PROBLEM we can put them out ~ does he think he has a majic hose ? when you hear republican senators saying they are embarrassed for the first time in their lives ~ it's sad ..
Old 05-14-2020, 04:21 PM   #458
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,465 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I live in WA state and hadn't heard anything about it until today but in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Inslee has declared a state of emergency for all counties in Washington state. This allows DSHS to issue benefits under the Disaster Cash Assistance Program to families and individuals who wouldn’t normally be eligible for cash benefits. This link leads to a page giving more information about the program -

https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/defaul...ProgramFAQ.pdf

Also a link to the new statewide COVID-19 for WA state website -

https://www.dshs.wa.gov/alert/covid-19-information
I have to say FSF that anytime I see your governor on TV, I am impressed. He seems to be doing everything he can to help his citizens. He is smart and articulate and does not bow down to Trump and his idiots.... "Hi, I'm Mike Pence! "Hi, I'm Mike Pompeo! Hi, I'm Jared Kushner!
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 04:46 PM   #459
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl View Post

He changed his stance in April.

This is from snopes:
Mixture
About this rating
What's True

In public statements in early 2020, the surgeon general had recommended against the general public buying or wearing masks.
What's False

However, in light of new evidence from the CDC, he changed his views and has since argued in favor of people wearing cloth facial coverings in public settings.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/su...against-masks/

Video of him explaining the evolution of his stance:

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/su...ce-81619013687
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 08:56 PM   #460
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 31,997 Times in 9,941 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vit D and how it helps boost your immune system

So, back last winter in February, I was due to have my Rx prescription of Vit D renewed and the pharmacist could not renew my prescription because there was a shortage of my specific prescription strength of Vit D. The pharmacy call me yesterday, to let me know I finally had my prescription filled.

But, interestingly, I came across an article today, which speaks about the little known fact that Vit D (not the kind you ordinarily get by exposure to the sun or consumption of vegetables or other foods enriched with Vit D) is sort of known for its elemental ability to assist the body's immune system. Which scientists in Ireland, just recently released a study which took data from a wide span of years, from different health data bases, and discovered that Vit D is a critical player in not only boosting your bodies' immune system, but helps in critical ways if by fending off viruses, such as the Sars-2-Covid 19 virus.

I found the article very interesting and will leave a link below, for those of you interested in learning what these scientists learned about Vit D. The study was published... Yesterday, on May 13th, 2020.

From SciTech.com:

Vitamin D Determines Severity in Covid-19:
Researchers Urge Government To Change Advice

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: