Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 05-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #241
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile i tried this tonight in stir fry, and it's really good!

http://www.house-foods.com/tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #242
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hi ya'll,thought I would pop in to see what was up.Looks like im not the only one that injoyed easter,my deal was carbs to a point,some was sugar.I can tell u how yucky I felt Monday and Tuesday..It was so bad I was just jittry and sick at the same time,I hated the feeling big time.Now im back on the pre diabetic foods but am wondering if there is something I can do to hurr the weight loss along.I will admit to not working out much lately,one part was I am still kind of outta wack from the flue I had a fue weeks ago,then I am on my feet running all over the kitchen at work then setting up and take down of two meals plus all the sanitation cleaning I do on a daily basics that had anything to do with the diatary department.I am tired when I get home folks,myknees hurt and so dose my darm flaky back,funny thing is im fine when I get in the car and when I get home..its just after I sit and rest that everything near locks up then I cant hardly move..I take a nap and it helps but I still am not motivated to workout.Im on meds for pain and athritis but darn I still hurt.I have lost from 285 down to 257 in the last year..I should have lost way more as active as I am.Gemme is right a bout muscel being compact on the body cause my body has changed and have more muscel and strength...my pant are really loose but I wear the same sise but diffrent cut...gone from a big boi sise to a regular cut.Need to get back to the work outs...motivation is what I need...
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 06:02 AM   #243
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Morning Rocking,

I have the same issue with my back and I have found that when it flares up, I take an Aleve and that helps. Certain pain meds and antibiotics will cause you to retain water weight. Bioxan is a steriod based antibiotic and when the doctor put me on it for pneumonia, I gained fifteen pounds.

I hope you get to feeling better!

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Hi ya'll,thought I would pop in to see what was up.Looks like im not the only one that injoyed easter,my deal was carbs to a point,some was sugar.I can tell u how yucky I felt Monday and Tuesday..It was so bad I was just jittry and sick at the same time,I hated the feeling big time.Now im back on the pre diabetic foods but am wondering if there is something I can do to hurr the weight loss along.I will admit to not working out much lately,one part was I am still kind of outta wack from the flue I had a fue weeks ago,then I am on my feet running all over the kitchen at work then setting up and take down of two meals plus all the sanitation cleaning I do on a daily basics that had anything to do with the diatary department.I am tired when I get home folks,myknees hurt and so dose my darm flaky back,funny thing is im fine when I get in the car and when I get home..its just after I sit and rest that everything near locks up then I cant hardly move..I take a nap and it helps but I still am not motivated to workout.Im on meds for pain and athritis but darn I still hurt.I have lost from 285 down to 257 in the last year..I should have lost way more as active as I am.Gemme is right a bout muscel being compact on the body cause my body has changed and have more muscel and strength...my pant are really loose but I wear the same sise but diffrent cut...gone from a big boi sise to a regular cut.Need to get back to the work outs...motivation is what I need...
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #244
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Zimmy
I took azithromycin 250mg for ten days with the flu plus im on meloxicam 7.5 mg for arthritis and am on tramadole 50 mg. im also takeing a fue things for my asthma that if I didnt take I would be in a mess.Takeing meds suck,all of what I take will make me dizzy or sleepy or something else who knows.I all but have given up on the doc ever doing anything for my back..looks like all they want to do is medicate me and just tell me to lose more weight but keep giveing me stuff that wont do anything bu add to the prob..catch 22 damed if u dont and damed if u dont.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #245
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey all,

Since you are the folks I check in with on accountability, I thought I would share a little milestone with you. Since I started my weight loss project last October I have, as of today, officially crossed the 100lb line. I wish I could say I was all done with this phase, but I still have a way to go. At least it is a sizable chunk on in the right direction. Thanks for all of your support and encouragement, it really helps.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #246
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Hey all,

Since you are the folks I check in with on accountability, I thought I would share a little milestone with you. Since I started my weight loss project last October I have, as of today, officially crossed the 100lb line. I wish I could say I was all done with this phase, but I still have a way to go. At least it is a sizable chunk on in the right direction. Thanks for all of your support and encouragement, it really helps.

Wow Kelt, that is fantastic! Celebrate your success....because that's a heck of an achievement. What a difference you've made to your health!

I was just reading an article today about the changing rate of folks, by age, who have "ever been diagnosed" with high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. The rates drop sharply after age 70....not because people get better, but "as a reflection of mortality." In other words, people with those chronic conditions die....leaving those without them to get older. They did the same with obesity...not as an "ever been obese" but based on current weight....again, far fewer obese folks over age 70...because they either died, or lost weight.

Scary stuff.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #247
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Talking Officially on my way....

Just wanted to post here. I'm on my way this Sunday to an inpatient residential treatment facility in the midWest for my compulsive overeating. It will be a two to three month stay. I feel both excited and scared to death at the same time.

I did a lot of online research and the place thank goodness is 12 step centered, Christian (my faith), and (most importantly) lesbian friendly. Took me quite awhile to find somewhere like this.... they have everything from individual therapy to family therapy to group therapy, to exercise fitness programs, workshops etc. If any of you have been watching "Addicted to Food" on the A&E Network and seen the Shades of Hope treatment center featured on the broadcast, where I am going is rather similar to that place.

I'm about to deal with a lot of skeletons in the closet.... from family of origin issues with my dad to issues with my partner who is also an overeater.... plus I've never paid much attention to my physical self in terms of an overall exercise plan. I've also to this point binged on carbs, sugar, snacks and the like. Have struggled with relapse for the last 13-14 years in a 12 step program for overeaters.

Wish me luck! Will post once I get back. It's no fun being over 300 lbs and not being able to walk comfortably, among many other things.

DressyFemme
I am a member of LinkedIn’s Largest LGBT+ and Welcomed Allies Professional Networking Group. Today if you are comfortable being 100% out or supporting LGBT people please come join me and the currently over 42 Thousand Global Members. The group is 100% professionally oriented. We all need to stand because Visibility leads to Awareness and Awareness lead to Full Equality (and keeping it).

Join Us.
Here’s a direct link to the group >> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/63687
˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DressyFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 07:32 AM   #248
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Giving you a big hug DressyFemme This is a big step, and I'm sure it was a tough decision to make. It's fantastic that you're taking care of yourself...no matter how scary.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:04 AM   #249
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Well I've been away from this thread for awhile....sigh.

I had a couple of business trips to AZ for my Lean 6 Sigma training, which was great....but they fed us amazing, wonderful food entirely too much of the time...and I managed to gain back the 5 or 6 pounds I had lost plus a few more. Ugh.

So...now it's time to pick myself up, dust myself off, get back to tracking everything I eat on FitDay and get some more exercise. Scoote wants to lose some weight too (which would probably also take some of the stress off of her injured back)....so I bit the bullet and ordered a Mobia. It's a 3-in-1 (combination elliptical, stepper, treadmill thingy that makes you work on an incline). I've been tempted before by the Treadclimber....and the Mobia is made by the same company, has the same motor, and is half the cost (go figure). Plus, right now they have a $500 off and free shipping offer on their website....and 18 months zero interest as well. So....done, done and done....and it's on the way.

We're going to set it up in the bedroom (where it will be all matchy with our white wicker furniture )....and the goal will be to each walk/step our way through a TV program at least 3 times a week (although I'm going to try for every day....I'm one of those people that, once I stop, it's hard to start again.)

Wish us luck!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #250
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I'm one of those people that, once I stop, it's hard to start again.)
Same here.

Good luck to you and Scoote!!

I just started my 4th week on Weight Watchers Online. I weigh in on Mondays, and this past Monday showed another loss for a total of 8.8 pounds. My goal when I started was to lose 24 pounds.

In addition to keeping track of my points for food, I do 10-15 minutes of stretching and 30 minutes on the stationary bike everyday. Most days I also do 20 minutes of basic yoga. I lift weights every other day.

With the way it is going now, I feel very hopeful that I can reach my goal.

Who else is doing WW?
Old 06-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #251
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Congrats Thinker!

I've been tempted to try WW....I know it works. Last year I had been counting my points with a chart I found online. Not as slick as WW Online, but still effective.

The grrrr part for me is that I always resist the restrictions....I really should be following my diabetic diet strictly (better for my diabetes, and I lose weight too)....it's just no fun. Sigh....

Can't wait for the Mobia to arrive. I know that weight loss is really a mathematical equation...calories in minus calories out. At least with that I can get working on the calories out side.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #252
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
Same here.

Good luck to you and Scoote!!

I just started my 4th week on Weight Watchers Online. I weigh in on Mondays, and this past Monday showed another loss for a total of 8.8 pounds. My goal when I started was to lose 24 pounds.

In addition to keeping track of my points for food, I do 10-15 minutes of stretching and 30 minutes on the stationary bike everyday. Most days I also do 20 minutes of basic yoga. I lift weights every other day.

With the way it is going now, I feel very hopeful that I can reach my goal.

Who else is doing WW?
Between WW & OA over the last 5 years, I have taken off and kept off about 70 pounds. WW just became the way I eat all of the time. Yeah, I will enjoy some fav foods at times, but, this whole thing was a life-style and food addiction thing for me. Along with leaving denial in the dust about having an eating disorder. That used to contribute the yo-yo and dumb diets I used to do. Gradual weight loss and nutrition works!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #253
Starrynightaw

How Do You Identify?:
Femme. Queer. Submissive.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Girl, Honey :)
Relationship Status:
Single!

Location: Southern Alabama, But I can also be found in surrounding areas. (Travel Alot)
Starrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST ReputationStarrynightaw Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hmm

Hello everyone,
I'm also in the process of loosing the weight. I used to be a size 4-6, doctor put me on birth control and my weight shot up like crazy. Now that the meds have ceased I've dropped from a size 16-18 to a size 10 within 2 months. Apparently running has helped alot and I've cut back on alot of sugar.

Hopefully it goes away. I'd love to be a size 6 again.
Starrynightaw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starrynightaw For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #254
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Default arrrrghhh!

Okay, so the Mobia arrived. It's assembled in our bedroom, so we can exercise in the air conditioning and be distracted by the TV. It looks cute and harmless...

...but this thing is kicking my butt.

The ads say "just 30 minutes 3 times a week"...which sounds pretty simple. However, on the first day I managed 5 minutes before I was huffing and puffing and sweating and feeling like I was going to die.

At the risk of sounding horribly out of shape, I can normally walk for hours. I go to Disney with the family and walk all freaking day.

I'm up to 9 or 10 minutes now, but holy cow....
Old 06-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #255
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i've made some really big, and hard changes in my life, and am doing the hard work right now and it's difficult, but i'm celebrating some small successes.. This is why i haven't been around for a bit, though around just not "around", being active here, i guess are the right words.

i've sought out help with my eating disorder - i'm a binger...(was once binge AND purge) but for the passed 6-7 years it's been binge only... i keep falling off course with my wanting to lose weight and be healthy, because i go back to binging and i needed to get to the point where i recognized i have a real problem here and it's not only making me unhappy, but hurting my health.

what causes me to binge? stress, sadness, happiness, anger, exhaustion... in other words, many things, but sadly i pushed a lot of people out of my life both friends and family, due to the binging.. food has become my peace in life, and so i've finally taken some steps to work through this eating disorder of mine and making some changes..

1/ OA - difficult beyond belief, i've mixed feelings about this.
2/ counselling - i have 2 more sessions and then i start counselling at another level..
3/ Crisis and Coping Skills course - for panic, anxiety and relaxation & stress
4/ frequent visits with a dietician who is helping me reshape my entire food plan, way of thinking, portion control, etc.
5/ frequent online OA meetings
6/ blogging, lots of blogging...
7/ Abstinence from lots of foods and drinks i love - is my greatest challenge right now.

i have never in my life taken such steps nor wanted to, admitting i had a real problem was the biggest step i've taken until recently, and putting all of this in the works has been extremely overwhelming and emotional for me.. i 'am' proud of myself, and hope now i can really work at taking the steps i need to be a healthier, happier and thinner me!

i'm extremely lucky for Mtn in my life, He's been the most amazing support & encouragement, and literally holds me together in my weakest moments.. i have just started to tell my family who have had no idea all of these years and am finding some support through them as well..

-----
so my goal with all of this is to keep at my healthy eating plan, use all the wonderful tools i have in place, couple all of that with some exercise each day and really be successful at doing this!

Admitting all of this, is one of the hardest things i've had to do in these passed couple of weeks, and doing this helps me be held accountable to keep doing my work ...

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #256
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Today i've been working on a little project!
gathering all my tools i've learned over the last couple of weeks and writing them down, getting all my information together, and really working out a plan of action for me.. (eating plan, rules to follow for a healthier me, exercise plans, "me" time, all of it..) when it's all in writing it's all making sense and now to put it all in motion altogether, rather than trying this one day and that another day..

i'm feeling very good about this.. and feeling hopeful, that i'm on the right track which feels great! i've learned a lot in 2 weeks! overwhelming, indeed..

i just want to say a huge thank you for the reps i received, i really really mean it.. some were so touching, encouraging and could relate.. and it makes me feel really good about putting it 'out there' for all to see.. ((hugggz))

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #257
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations on all of your successes. I to, had to learn how to let negative friends go and learn how to live my life for me.

Hugs,

Zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

i've made some really big, and hard changes in my life, and am doing the hard work right now and it's difficult, but i'm celebrating some small successes.. This is why i haven't been around for a bit, though around just not "around", being active here, i guess are the right words.

i've sought out help with my eating disorder - i'm a binger...(was once binge AND purge) but for the passed 6-7 years it's been binge only... i keep falling off course with my wanting to lose weight and be healthy, because i go back to binging and i needed to get to the point where i recognized i have a real problem here and it's not only making me unhappy, but hurting my health.

what causes me to binge? stress, sadness, happiness, anger, exhaustion... in other words, many things, but sadly i pushed a lot of people out of my life both friends and family, due to the binging.. food has become my peace in life, and so i've finally taken some steps to work through this eating disorder of mine and making some changes..

1/ OA - difficult beyond belief, i've mixed feelings about this.
2/ counselling - i have 2 more sessions and then i start counselling at another level..
3/ Crisis and Coping Skills course - for panic, anxiety and relaxation & stress
4/ frequent visits with a dietician who is helping me reshape my entire food plan, way of thinking, portion control, etc.
5/ frequent online OA meetings
6/ blogging, lots of blogging...
7/ Abstinence from lots of foods and drinks i love - is my greatest challenge right now.

i have never in my life taken such steps nor wanted to, admitting i had a real problem was the biggest step i've taken until recently, and putting all of this in the works has been extremely overwhelming and emotional for me.. i 'am' proud of myself, and hope now i can really work at taking the steps i need to be a healthier, happier and thinner me!

i'm extremely lucky for Mtn in my life, He's been the most amazing support & encouragement, and literally holds me together in my weakest moments.. i have just started to tell my family who have had no idea all of these years and am finding some support through them as well..

-----
so my goal with all of this is to keep at my healthy eating plan, use all the wonderful tools i have in place, couple all of that with some exercise each day and really be successful at doing this!

Admitting all of this, is one of the hardest things i've had to do in these passed couple of weeks, and doing this helps me be held accountable to keep doing my work ...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 08:51 AM   #258
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmygLrL View Post
Congratulations on all of your successes. I to, had to learn how to let negative friends go and learn how to live my life for me.

Hugs,

Zimmy
it's a difficult task! i can soo relate..actually dealing with some situations in my life that i am learning to let go of, so i can completely focus on my well being - some people really drag me down, down and then down some more.. toxic!

thank you Zimmy bunches! As hard as it all is, it's the positive outcomes that have me smiling! it feels great =)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2011, 08:00 AM   #259
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

i soooo struggle with motivation for exercise..
i get out and walk when i need to go places, but i need motivation to get up and moving every day, more than just walking to work and back..

i have tons of things i could do, i have a gym membership, i have an elliptical here at home, ive DVD's, i have a stepper and other small exercise tools, weights, i have a bike i could ride the trails at the lake here near home - the list goes on and on...

what things get you all motivated to just do it!?
i know once i get at it, i feel great about doing so.. i need to be consistent though, thats where my motivation lacks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #260
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
i soooo struggle with motivation for exercise..
i get out and walk when i need to go places, but i need motivation to get up and moving every day, more than just walking to work and back..

i have tons of things i could do, i have a gym membership, i have an elliptical here at home, ive DVD's, i have a stepper and other small exercise tools, weights, i have a bike i could ride the trails at the lake here near home - the list goes on and on...

what things get you all motivated to just do it!?
i know once i get at it, i feel great about doing so.. i need to be consistent though, thats where my motivation lacks!
What do you like to do that involves moving around? Do any of those things bring you true pleasure? Maybe you just need to do your favorite thing often enough that it becomes a habit and a reward together. You have mentioned some of the challenges you are overcoming with the mental associations, could there be a denial of pleasure involved? Don't worry too much about which is the best workout for now, just do what is fun and form some new associations to physical activity.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: