Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about snow?
I love it! 94 63.51%
I hate it! 49 33.11%
I have never seen snow and have no opinion. 5 3.38%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #41
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Yaktrax for anyone who is as worried about falling on snow or ice as I am... these things make it possible for me to say I love snow.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #42
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

It's just starting to snow here! I'm excited, but I'm also hibernating for the day. I'll watch it out the window.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #43
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Yaktrax for anyone who is as worried about falling on snow or ice as I am... these things make it possible for me to say I love snow.
I love my YAKTRAX!!!! I've had them for 2 years now. I bought some for regular wear and one for heavy duty wear when I go hiking (it's amazing how slopes get icy.) Thanks for your post...it made me smile!!!

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #44
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

we got snow, a little bit!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:40 PM   #45
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Well, we are now over 2 feet of snow. I love the quietness of snow falling. And how it looks. However, I am tired of shoveling it.

I am loosing my patience in having to constantly keep up with the snowfall. It is just not stopping.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:18 PM   #46
Blue_Daddy-O

How Do You Identify?:
Retro Daddy, Male-Identified
Preferred Pronoun?:
He Him Sir Mister Husband Dom Master
Relationship Status:
Single and ready for a garden party

Blue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST ReputationBlue_Daddy-O Has the BEST Reputation

Well choice number 3 works for me...LOL! ...and yes, I have really seen snow, and I always say, "If I want snow I'll go to it I don't want it comin to me...that goes for most of the time...but I don't mind snow at least a few times a year...and I do enjoy snow skiing! Does that answer your question? LoL!
Blue_Daddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #47
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

snow-that stuff we should have feet of by now,
but when i look out the window, I see green grass.
Not that I am complaining, but I keep wondering when is it going to hit.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #48
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

So I voted that I like snow....I really do. HOWEVER......I have about 14 inches of it in my yard, and 4 foot piles where I have had to shovel paths for the pups.

I am now officially OVER snow. Please, whomever ordered this much so soon in the year, come get it. I am done!

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #49
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
snow-that stuff we should have feet of by now,
but when i look out the window, I see green grass.
Not that I am complaining, but I keep wondering when is it going to hit.

Um, Honey... it's hit.

"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #50
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Hate
The
Snow!!!!

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #51
Unndunn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
doesn't matter to me
Relationship Status:
single

Unndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
I'm not a huge snow fan, but today my wife stayed home since we have steep hills leading out of the backwoods.

In the last week Ive had to buy a down jacket and some warmer boots that don't have a steel toe. When that piece of shank gets cold its painful.

Changing the oil in the truck in 33 degree weather on the driveway was also
the suck. But a 5/30 viscosity is much better for the engine in the winter.

I spent today closing foundation vents and covering outside hose bibs.

I think the wife will be home a few more days this week, Im gonna have to get some weight in the back of my truck bed for traction, I think a 1/2 steel plate in the bed for the winter months would do the trick.
It must be hard to live in a place that isn't really designed for this sort of freezing, snowy weather. How heavy is the steel plate? We've used everything from cinderblocks to firewood to weigh down the backs of rear wheel drive vehicles. When I had a rear wheel drive car I used to put a couple of big bags of kitty litter in the trunk for snowy days. The cheapest bargain brand stuff I could find. Bags of cement work well too if you put them in plastic so there's no mess if they tear. Also, if you don't have a basement or a well insulated crawl space under your house you might want to let one of your household faucets drip overnight. That's usually only necessary if it gets down to below 20F
Unndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #52
Niceguy

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Neither feel 100% correct
Relationship Status:
Chocolate Creme Brulee

Niceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm not a huge snow fan, but today my wife stayed home since we have steep hills leading out of the backwoods.

In the last week Ive had to buy a down jacket and some warmer boots that don't have a steel toe. When that piece of shank gets cold its painful.

I think the wife will be home a few more days this week, Im gonna have to get some weight in the back of my truck bed for traction, I think a 1/2 steel plate in the bed for the winter months would do the trick.

Yeah, I had a fun drive home Sunday night. You would've freaked out if you had been in the truck with me. I was a little surprised that even the highway was covered. Unfortunately it was melted by mid morning Monday.

The next round has just started. The sleet is coming down pretty good in my area now and the roads are starting to get slick again. It looks like central AR will have a nice sheet of ice on the roads for rush hour in the morning. I usually put concrete blocks in the back of my truck, but I'm leaving it in the garage tomorrow and riding in with a coworker who has front wheel drive. I would think your toolbox in the back should help with the weight, so you'd probably be fine with just a little added firewood.

I'm definitely leaving my faucets dripping the next few nights. We haven't had temps this cold in over 25 years. It appears we're gonna have around 5 consecutive days with the high temps below freezing and the lows in the teens and single digits. I think I would use the worklight under the house idea if I had a crawl space. It can't be any more dangerous than the Christmas lights! R told me today that alot of pipes froze in the dorms at the medical school last night and it was the biggest mess! And those dorms are only a few years old. Have you seen the heat tape that you wrap around the pipes and then plug into an outlet?
Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:44 AM   #53
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I'm not a huge snow fan, <SNIP~A~LICIOUS>

Yes, Jack....

I have found, in my automotive studies, that a 5/30 or a 6/31 viscosity is ever so much better.

And You may wish to consider a 3/4 steel plate....it looks pretty good with a set of them on a crisp white linen table cloth.....go on, try it!

What might REALLY be cool would be to put the casket in the back of the truck with me inside and I could pop up the lid and wave to people just before they swerve off the road. .

Last edited by Diva; 01-07-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #54
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have never, ever...in any capacity...ever said the following:

"my back end is just too light"

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #55
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

With ever snow flake, with ever negitive degree.. I hate snowy winters more and more..

It's going to be -22 tommorrow morning.. and there is black ice.. People shouldn't be where it is -22.. and ice you can't see until you are spinning off the road or flat on your back in the parking lot..

I'm wearing pants to work because of the weather.. I had to go buy another pair... I wasted money on pants..

Enough is enough..
Old 01-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #56
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyn View Post
With ever snow flake, with ever negitive degree.. I hate snowy winters more and more..

It's going to be -22 tommorrow morning.. and there is black ice.. People shouldn't be where it is -22.. and ice you can't see until you are spinning off the road or flat on your back in the parking lot..

I'm wearing pants to work because of the weather.. I had to go buy another pair... I wasted money on pants..

Enough is enough..

You could move to Texas and sweat Your hiney off in July and August.......<giggle>
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #57
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
You could move to Texas and sweat Your hiney off in July and August.......<giggle>
Hell would freeze over first

You all have BUGS not bugs but BUGS

and fire ants

I will take the cold and snow and ice for 12 weeks to avoid the bugs

The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #58
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyn View Post

Enough is enough..
I agree. It's abnormal and NOT natural for there to be negative degrees. Humans are not designed to withstand freakin' negative degrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
Hell would freeze over first

You all have BUGS not bugs but BUGS

and fire ants

I will take the cold and snow and ice for 12 weeks to avoid the bugs

Your cold and ice is only for 12 weeks? That's not a bad deal, I'm thinking.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #59
Unndunn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
doesn't matter to me
Relationship Status:
single

Unndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST ReputationUnndunn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I agree. It's abnormal and NOT natural for there to be negative degrees. Humans are not designed to withstand freakin' negative degrees.

Your cold and ice is only for 12 weeks? That's not a bad deal, I'm thinking.
No! No! Nooooo! Don't let it fool you! On paper it looks okay. But you have to remember that winter weeks are kind of like dog years. One week of snow and ice and cold is like a month of nice weather. Every November/December I tell myself that's it no big deal, it won't be long before spring is here. And then in January I start asking myself how long it's been and isn't it time for spring? In February I'm sure it's time, but it's not. Then March comes and we all start wearing short sleeves when the temp gets above 45F because we're sure the warm weather is right around the corner. Then when we recover from getting sick from wearing short sleeves in the winter weather we go back to telling ourselves and each other that it's just about over. Then we finally hit April and it's still cold but they say that it's spring so we try to act like we're warm.
Unndunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unndunn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #60
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unndunn View Post
No! No! Nooooo! Don't let it fool you! On paper it looks okay. But you have to remember that winter weeks are kind of like dog years. One week of snow and ice and cold is like a month of nice weather. Every November/December I tell myself that's it no big deal, it won't be long before spring is here. And then in January I start asking myself how long it's been and isn't it time for spring? In February I'm sure it's time, but it's not. Then March comes and we all start wearing short sleeves when the temp gets above 45F because we're sure the warm weather is right around the corner. Then when we recover from getting sick from wearing short sleeves in the winter weather we go back to telling ourselves and each other that it's just about over. Then we finally hit April and it's still cold but they say that it's spring so we try to act like we're warm.
This cracked me the Hell up!

I live in the PNW and this year has been so fantastic! It HAS to be, to make up for the disaster that last year was.

I think you are right with your dog year theory. I also think it's like childbirth. Oh, that was last year and I don't remember it hurting too much, yanno? Then it hits and you are reminded that, indeed, it hurts.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: