Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about snow?
I love it! 94 63.51%
I hate it! 49 33.11%
I have never seen snow and have no opinion. 5 3.38%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #61
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I agree. It's abnormal and NOT natural for there to be negative degrees. Humans are not designed to withstand freakin' negative degrees.

Your cold and ice is only for 12 weeks? That's not a bad deal, I'm thinking.

One has to understand that come March, when it is 40 degrees people will be wearing shorts and tee shirts. If the roads are clear then it is nice out (even if there is 4 feet of snow) I try to think positive. Generally Jan Feb and March are the hard core winter months here. Last year was way worse and not normal. Having said all this sometimes we have snow before Halloween!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #62
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I have no problem with snow, its the sometimes -40 or lower temperatures I have to deal with that I really dont like. Not only that, but it lasts a few months generally except for some odd reason this year has been mild .......... the cold temps have only so far been hitting us this week but man the winds we've been having up here are bitter cold so I hope it goes away soon!!!!
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #63
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Snow on the ground and 16 degrees here. Fun moving weather! (I mean that.)
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #64
labete

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
preoccupied

labete has a spectacular aura aboutlabete has a spectacular aura aboutlabete has a spectacular aura about

I like snow. I just don't so much want it delivered to me. I'd generally rather go to it. I don't think I could live where there's snow most of the winter -- much less where you have to dig out your car, shovel your walk, or FFS shovel out your house because there's snow higher than the front door -- and keep my remaining sanity. I don't know how y'all who live in such conditions do it. I'd go nuts. I'll take the fire ants and palmetto bugs any day if that's what the options are.

My brother and sister-in-law are in the process of moving to Laramie, WY for my brother's job, and I'm fairly certain they're nuts. A Georgian and a Floridian moving to Wyoming in January???
labete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #65
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

I'm guessing that this is not an audience that would appreciate my complaints about the fog having not lifted for three days and how the damp 40's temperatures mixed with the wet air creeps in through every window and crack and through gloves and coats and stuff.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #66
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
I'm guessing that this is not an audience that would appreciate my complaints about the fog having not lifted for three days and how the damp 40's temperatures mixed with the wet air creeps in through every window and crack and through gloves and coats and stuff.
Actually I feel for ya. I do not like cold and damp. Snow usually means cold and dry. I think (i could be wrong) it is easier to get warm when it is cold and dry.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2010, 11:25 PM   #67
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
Actually I feel for ya. I do not like cold and damp. Snow usually means cold and dry. I think (i could be wrong) it is easier to get warm when it is cold and dry.

I agree. Once the chill from dampness gets into your bones, you're done for. It's shivering, icicle city for you, bucko.

Brrrrr....

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:49 AM   #68
Niceguy

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Neither feel 100% correct
Relationship Status:
Chocolate Creme Brulee

Niceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST Reputation

Ahh... finally back to Arkansas weather! It was a toasty 58 degrees today! Now if we can just maintain our winter average highs until February is over, that would be great!
Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #69
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

We still have some frozen "snow" from the week before Christmas. It has been too cold for it to melt. Def the "coldest" winter I can recall.
There are some flakes blowing around out there right now, but it is not expected to accumulate. I think this is the first day in a few weeks it has been "warm enough to snow" LOL...

Blessed are the wood choppers!!!!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:27 PM   #70
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
You could move to Texas and sweat Your hiney off in July and August.......<giggle>
Woman.. don't tempt me..

I've been craigslisting apts in your area for about a year now!!!

If I could have found a cute lil craftman ANYTHING in my price range.. I do belive I would pack up the kiss of cats and the butch and head that way...
Old 01-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #71
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unndunn View Post
No! No! Nooooo! Don't let it fool you! On paper it looks okay. But you have to remember that winter weeks are kind of like dog years. One week of snow and ice and cold is like a month of nice weather. Every November/December I tell myself that's it no big deal, it won't be long before spring is here. And then in January I start asking myself how long it's been and isn't it time for spring? In February I'm sure it's time, but it's not. Then March comes and we all start wearing short sleeves when the temp gets above 45F because we're sure the warm weather is right around the corner. Then when we recover from getting sick from wearing short sleeves in the winter weather we go back to telling ourselves and each other that it's just about over. Then we finally hit April and it's still cold but they say that it's spring so we try to act like we're warm.

Nods.. Nods..

Dog years.. that is it exactly...

There has been snow and ICE.. (My new personal phobia) on the ground for two freaking months... But it feels like 100 yrs...

Sigh.. It get's up to 20 and there is partial sun... It's like spring break.. everyone is out sunbathing..
Old 01-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #72
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
Nods..

The coldest winter I ever spent was in savanna, ga...

I was frozen for 4 months..
Old 01-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #73
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Snow's due in tomorrow... this would not be a problem if we had had a normal January, but nooo... after the Arctic chill that almost did me in, we had two weeks of--I kid you not--SPRING. 50+ degrees, day after day! Non-freezing nights! The lilacs are budding!

And tomorrow the high temp will be twenty degrees lower than today, and it will snow. The low temps will drop into the teens again. Sheesh.

The thing which made the snow so hard for me before was that I've never lived in a house in snow country--in the apartment complexes, there were long carpeted hallways between the outside world and my front door. Here at That House, it snows right up to my front door even though I have a full-size covered porch. I really don't understand that, lol...

I'll grant you that my floors are not exactly beautiful right now, splotched with old carpet glue as they still are... but SHEESH, having melting snow tracked from the front door to the back really bothered me! It took me quite a while to figure out what to do.

Now one of my best bathtowels has been sacrificed to the snowy-shoe gods so that we have a place to let shoes dry, and one of our bath sheets plus another towel have become a sort of carpet that extends a good five feet into the living room. Voila! No more salty slush melting into our hardwood floors!

*hey, they aren't gonna get ruined on MY watch... so glad I figured out how to avoid it!*

Bonus: doorway puppy accidents are contained, too.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #74
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy more on the way-

auggggh!

violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #75
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Love snow, hate ice. We don't get much of either but people down here don't know how to drive in either. I live out in the county and go to work early so I'm usually the one making the new path to town. But I must admit my butt draws up if I meet someone on the road, ya never know how they are going to be driving.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #76
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Snow's due in tomorrow... this would not be a problem if we had had a normal January, but nooo... after the Arctic chill that almost did me in, we had two weeks of--I kid you not--SPRING. 50+ degrees, day after day! Non-freezing nights! The lilacs are budding!

And tomorrow the high temp will be twenty degrees lower than today, and it will snow. The low temps will drop into the teens again. Sheesh.

The thing which made the snow so hard for me before was that I've never lived in a house in snow country--in the apartment complexes, there were long carpeted hallways between the outside world and my front door. Here at That House, it snows right up to my front door even though I have a full-size covered porch. I really don't understand that, lol...

I'll grant you that my floors are not exactly beautiful right now, splotched with old carpet glue as they still are... but SHEESH, having melting snow tracked from the front door to the back really bothered me! It took me quite a while to figure out what to do.

Now one of my best bathtowels has been sacrificed to the snowy-shoe gods so that we have a place to let shoes dry, and one of our bath sheets plus another towel have become a sort of carpet that extends a good five feet into the living room. Voila! No more salty slush melting into our hardwood floors!

*hey, they aren't gonna get ruined on MY watch... so glad I figured out how to avoid it!*

Bonus: doorway puppy accidents are contained, too.
You could also use cardboard boxes - its what we do (Jess is brilliant!!)

Break the box down flat... slushy wet nasty shoes have a place to live!
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #77
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
You could also use cardboard boxes - its what we do (Jess is brilliant!!)

Break the box down flat... slushy wet nasty shoes have a place to live!
That reminds me... have boxes at ready...

We're supposed to get some snow( beginning Friday- Saturday ) also. So after the last lil bout of 18 or so inches we are a tad better prepared...

Icemelt.. check
Food.. check
Movies.. check
Extra wood.. check
Daddy wood.. grin
Happy snowbunny.. check check

Try to make the best of it Miss Bit! Our lil guys do NOT like their feet wet, so finding a dry patch to haul them to is kinda fun. I need a double puppy papoose!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #78
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Snow. Loathe it. Especially when I'm shoveling it.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #79
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Aww, Christie, thank you but I don't think cardboard would absorb it all and then dry out again.... I couldn't believe that everyone who came over just blithely tracked the stuff in as if I don't give a damn about my floors... SHEESH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Try to make the best of it Miss Bit! Our lil guys do NOT like their feet wet, so finding a dry patch to haul them to is kinda fun. I need a double puppy papoose!
Oh lord love a duck, Jess, I thought mine would be cooperative, and *I* don't want to be tracking through snow and ice--so I put a puppy pad on the porch.

They ran away from the doggoned thing, couldn't wait to get down in the yard "where they belong." *eyeroll*

I suppose this is actually a good thing, right? I mean, who wants the stuff on their front porch, really? But it sure threw me for a loop, what with taking the puppy out 672 times a day at first!

Edited to add---- I tried making that dry patch, shoveled the snow away, etc---they insisted on going into the unshoveled snow!
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #80
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestButchBoy View Post
Snow. Loathe it. Especially when I'm shoveling it.
Yo! Big Apple! Don't you have a doorman???? Where's Carlton when you need him???