Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyja View Post
Very happy to see fellow shutterbugs in here.

Let's keep it active folks!!!

FemmeDyke - did you know you can get a 10 day free trial online, or have you already played thru a trial already?

I am a fan of many post processing programs. Adobe, Microsoft and Canon's own system. Depending on what my needs are, I like having many tools at my disposal.

Freckle - Did I miss the link to your lilac shots? ooooooh purple!

Ah, um...I didn't post any yet.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:58 AM   #62
freyja

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

freyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud of

Freckle K, i think you shouldn't be allowed to take photos this weekend since you haven't shared your lilac ones yet *pout*

Not that i have anything from way back (hmmm Earth Day?) that needs to be shared still *i am soooooo bad*

Have a good weekend everyone....photos, i wanna see photos after the weekend!!!

puh-lease?

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #63
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Have a good weekend everyone....photos, i wanna see photos after the weekend!!!

puh-lease?

I think I shall have many, many kitten shots for you; as we're fostering a teeny tiny 3 week old kitty. She's awfully sick right now and weighs only 9.2 oz . . . but still cute as a bugs ear.

I'm also partial to taking my camera with me to the farmers markets on the weekend. Always such cool shots. . . and this weekend I'm picking up rhubarb, for my first ever Strawberry Rhubarb pie. I'll most certainly take photos of that process.

Hope everyone has a great weekend... It's so nice having a place to share, collaborate, be inspired and get critique!

fondly, Amanda
Old 05-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #64
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

still haven't really been shooting. but, i did run across a new (to you) shot that i like. i actually have a half dozen with this look to them. i like it quite a bit. no editing done beyond resizing and sticking my name on it. quite the surprise coming out of the camera. i like pleasant surprises.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #65
freyja

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

freyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud of

Wow Wil, I really like the most recent upload (top of the page)....for SOOC , that is just wild. Good job!

femmedyke - we are both shooting new creatures....you wee kittens, and myself, new baby swans (cygnets).

Check out the one pic in my gallery of a one day old cygnet......he is discovering the world around him. Very funny!

bfn

The Following User Says Thank You to freyja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #66
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

These are just lovely, and you-know-who adored them. She is in rapture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
still haven't really been shooting. but, i did run across a new (to you) shot that i like. i actually have a half dozen with this look to them. i like it quite a bit. no editing done beyond resizing and sticking my name on it. quite the surprise coming out of the camera. i like pleasant surprises.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #67
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckle-K View Post
These are just lovely, and you-know-who adored them. She is in rapture.
i can see a time in the forseeable future where miss you-know-who might find some mail with her name on it. sshhhh....don't tell...you know i can be kinda slow.

i'm a rambling man

Old 05-31-2010, 06:28 PM   #68
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Quote:
i can see a time in the forseeable future where miss you-know-who might find some mail with her name on it. sshhhh....don't tell...you know i can be kinda slow.
Mums the word.

By the way, here are a few of my favorites I captured this weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #69
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

We lost our little foster on Sunday. . . and while I did get a photo of her, I am really not ready to share yet.

Also, the market had no rhubarb, so I have yet to bake.

I did play around with an idea I've had for forever last night. .. you can see it here. It wasn't my original vision but I still like it. Grief brings about creativity like nothing else... well, that and a desire to bake.

Great work Fancy, thanks so much for sharing.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #70
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Love those shoes, the coloring of the image and the textures!

Sorry to hear about the loss. Please take care ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmedyke View Post
We lost our little foster on Sunday. . . and while I did get a photo of her, I am really not ready to share yet.

Also, the market had no rhubarb, so I have yet to bake.

I did play around with an idea I've had for forever last night. .. you can see it here. It wasn't my original vision but I still like it. Grief brings about creativity like nothing else... well, that and a desire to bake.

Great work Fancy, thanks so much for sharing.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #71
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

time to show your stuff!

sony image competition

i'm a rambling man

Old 06-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #72
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

we had some rockin' storms roll through this area last night. of course, once the light show started, i had to go out chasing lightning.

have a look-see.

i'm a rambling man

Old 06-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #73
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Quote:
we had some rockin' storms roll through this area last night. of course, once the light show started, i had to go out chasing lightning.

have a look-see.

Wow!

So, which one are you submitting for the contest?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #74
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Quote:
Wow!

So, which one are you submitting for the contest?
actually, i have a fair number of images i really like...which is always the sticking point for me to submit anything. you wanna swing by and sort through the 30K images or so that i have and pick a few?

i'm a rambling man

Old 06-04-2010, 04:16 AM   #75
freyja

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Morning shutterbugs,

Am dashing thru, and see yay, there will be some photos to check out from Freckle and Little Man. Right on!

Sorry to hear you lost the wee foster FemmeDyke. 3 weeks is awfully wee.

Meanwhile, i am off to a Busker festival tonight, if the rain holds off.
I haven't been in a couple of years and I am pumped!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freyja For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #76
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Quote:
Morning shutterbugs,

Am dashing thru, and see yay, there will be some photos to check out from Freckle and Little Man. Right on!

Sorry to hear you lost the wee foster FemmeDyke. 3 weeks is awfully wee.

Meanwhile, i am off to a Busker festival tonight, if the rain holds off.
I haven't been in a couple of years and I am pumped!

What's a Busker festival? Do I need to come across the border to see this?

Don't make me pester you about a passport, either... My weekend is booked with festivals and an aids walk (I may be in the band). I'll carry my camera the entire time!

The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #77
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Photo junkie

I'm an avid scrapbooker, so I am a photography junkie. I have boxes and boxes of pictures just waiting to go into albums...

Right now I have a Canon not sure what model it is but it has a zoom, auto focus and lots of settings I can change on it (it has a screen on the back but it's not digital). Unlike many of my fellow digital scrapbookers I prefer film photography because I enjoy working with the camera to get just the right shot and, well, I'm a shutterbug when I'm on vacation! Plus to me the quality of printed glossy or matte photos is just so much better than digital...
I just love the feel of them in my hands!

I learned photography from my grandfather in high school using an old Pentax K-1000 and took several courses in landscape photography when I was on vacation in England back in the '80's. I was also the corporate photographer at my old job that I held for 9 years so learned a lot about event photography and portraits plus digital editing while on the job.

Now I get to enjoy photography for the sheer enjoyment of it!

Nice thread....

Dressy
I am a member of LinkedIn’s Largest LGBT+ and Welcomed Allies Professional Networking Group. Today if you are comfortable being 100% out or supporting LGBT people please come join me and the currently over 42 Thousand Global Members. The group is 100% professionally oriented. We all need to stand because Visibility leads to Awareness and Awareness lead to Full Equality (and keeping it).

Join Us.
Here’s a direct link to the group >> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/63687
˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DressyFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #78
freyja

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
What's a Busker festival? Do I need to come across the border to see this?

Don't make me pester you about a passport, either... My weekend is booked with festivals and an aids walk (I may be in the band). I'll carry my camera the entire time!

Freckle,
Busk is the verb;
Brit. to perform for money as a singer or strolling entertainer in public places
Busker is the noun, the person who is busking,

There are jugglers, and clowns, balloon twisters, and fire eaters, and unicyclists and magicians, and.....

All the little street corners filled with groups of people watching the acts
A truly family event.

Rain threatens to drown out the weekend, and i passed on the 80% POP tonight. Will try and sneak in some dry time for me and my Rebel tomorrow.

Have a great weekend Freckle.

Have a great weekend all the rest of the shutterbugs

The Following User Says Thank You to freyja For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #79
freyja

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Well I didn't make it to the Buskerfest. The weather was absolutely miserable all weekend.
I hear a tornado touched down in PA....probably same stream that had one touch down in tomato farmland up here in Ontario too.

But.....I did have a window of fabulous sunshine for a shoot with two dreadheads. Yup, a wonderful couple both with dreads.

What did everyone else manage to shoot this weekend?
Indoors or outdoors?

Old 06-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #80
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Quote:
Well I didn't make it to the Buskerfest. The weather was absolutely miserable all weekend.
I hear a tornado touched down in PA....probably same stream that had one touch down in tomato farmland up here in Ontario too.

But.....I did have a window of fabulous sunshine for a shoot with two dreadheads. Yup, a wonderful couple both with dreads.

What did everyone else manage to shoot this weekend?
Indoors or outdoors?
Yesterday was beautiful and the rain held off for me to get my favorite shot of the weekend.