Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #41
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Yes. It was The La Carreta and we had Hurricanes. Two each, if I recall. I also remember looking at you sternly when you thought you might need another one. You did a lot of "Secret Talking" that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Two drinks tends to be one more than I really need to spill my guts.
I miss the "secret talking"
The Following User Says Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #42
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default NYC Favorites

Lidia Bastianich, one of my favorite chefs, has two great places (her son owns a couple with Mario Batali).

Theatre location but if you go after the theatre crowd, easier to get reservations and well worth it.
Becco.
http://www.becco-nyc.com/

Good rustic, true Italian food.

Uptown
Felidia
http://www.felidia-nyc.com/

Much more a high dining experience with very cultural meats. Fantastic.

GO!!!!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #43
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Another one of my faves in Portland is: Screen Door

I have only been here for breakfast (can you tell we like breakfast?)

It is best to arrive about half hour before opening because otherwise the wait is 1-2 hours – June-y would not enjoy this.

They are famous for the fried chicken & waffle: Spicy buttermilk battered fried chicken over a sweet potato waffle. It is a bit too much for my stomach, but it is very popular and definitely enough for 3 meals.

I like to order the traditional benedict or one of the scrambles. Often I actually order one of the specials, which often has some different ingredients like kale, chard, sautee'd spinach, roasted red peppers, fennel, chanterelles, etc.

They have delicious biscuits and gravy. There are several places in town for great B&G...this is in the top 5.

Also the grits are soooooo good.

And of all things, they have a really wonderful organic oatmeal with butter and brown sugar and fresh fruit of your choice. It is a huge bowl, enough for leftovers.

Everything is fresh! The coffee is good and strong. In fact they have s self-serve coffee area where you can make your own while you are waiting for your table.

The kitchen is always bustling…it is great to watch them prepare the food.

They play great music, like class jazz or big band...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #44
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

ok it looks like we need to make a trip to Portland because y'all have some hella good looking food!!!!
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #45
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tampa, Fl.

This is an awesome Mexican restaurant that has reasonable prices, friendly staff and fantastic food!

Endless supply of nachos and the best salsa to go with them.

You can order a combo and split it b/w two people: Consuelo's Favorite $ 11.50
1st part - one tostada topped with chile con queso and one tostada with beans, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
2nd part- one Enchilada Manuel and one crispy beef taco.

Friendly wait staff, a nice patio (but on a road with no view...they make it nice, though), and reasonable prices. You can't go wrong for some decent Mexican food here if you are in the Tampa area!

http://miguelscafe.com/
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #46
PrudenceJuris

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms.
Relationship Status:
Stepping out as Warrior Queen... don't be confused

PrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST ReputationPrudenceJuris Has the BEST Reputation
Default Breakfast the best part of the day!!!

Choose any of the combinations of breakfast burritos at Dos Hermanos, Albuquerque, NM. There are a host of other options with REAL New Mexican green chilies.
PrudenceJuris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PrudenceJuris For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #47
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

If you are ever in Chicago you have to eat at Spring.http://www.springrestaurant.net/menu.html The food and atmosphere are amazing. The pacific sea bass served with ricotta agnolottie/ grilled chicory/ parsley and Pernod cream is my favorite dish.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 09:06 PM   #48
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
Haveli! My favorite Indian place on the L.E.S.

The Chana Shaag or any of the kurma dishes are on my list.

Dammit you make me miss the city!
you don't need to miss the city. there is a great little indian place in raleigh.
India Mahal
3212 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27607-5439
the food is really good and it is inexpensive. I ate there all the time when I lived there. Check it out man.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #49
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Especially when they are a foot tall and 8" in diameter. You do the math.

I'm only in it for the Umbrella and Cherries.

Well that's a relief! If you were in for the foot long and 8" of girth we would have many questions for you.
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #50
firie
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

firie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputationfirie Has the BEST Reputation

Really excellent Thai in NYC, East Village: Holy Basil

Sip Sak is some great Turkish food in NYC.

Way overpriced, and horrid service, but my best friend and I used to go here in NYC which is spectacular, because the view overlooks central park at Columbus Circle. You can make it somewhat affordable by sharing appetizers. We go for the Martinis there. Here is an image of the bar, as the lounge is kinda swank and impressive, and then the rest of it is pretty much solid window for looking out onto the park: Stone Rose Lounge.

~~~
And I know this isn't exactly a restaurant, but the Skeff Bar in Galway, Ireland is one of my favorite spots. This bar is incredible (it's actually like three or four) and there is a small restaurant that accompanies it, I believe, but I've never eaten there. Here. Best Guinness ever!
firie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to firie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #51
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Another place I like to go is >Chez Machin<

I found this little gem when I first moved to Portland just randomly wandering around in one of the neat neighborhoods we have, Hawthorne.

The restaurant is quaint and comfy. They decorate in the traditional "French" way...play french music, etc.

What I love about this place is the staff are really kind and always seem really happily mellow. They have great suggestions, are very patient with my weird food ordering ways...And the food is just good. Always good. It never wavers.

They have the best french onion soup I have ever had...so tasty.

They have lots of crepes (which are VERY popular here) but I typically order:
Croque Monsieur-Grilled Emmentaller swiss cheese, Black Forest ham and dijon mustard sandwich topped with melted Emmentaller swiss cheese
and/or
Salade Lyonnaise-Mixed greens tossed in homemade Dijon vinaigrette with bacon, diced tomatoes, homemade croutons and topped with a poached egg.

Sometimes I get the special - Chicken Cordon Bleu or Quiche.

If we are feeling especially decadent, we might get this appetizer: Brie en Croute-Brie cheese baked in savory pastry. Served with roasted garlic and sliced apples, sliced baguette, and local berry compote.

or a crepe for dessert (rarely for me since I don't eat much refind sugar) but if I do, it is often this: La Compote-Cooked apples and cinnamon with caramel sauce.

The prices are VERY reasonable as well. 2 for dinner is usually around $25 depending on what we order.

Last edited by SassyLeo; 06-22-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: typo
SassyLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #52
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

For casual dining in San Diego one of my faves for Mexican food is El Zarape. They don't have a website but they have some awesome reviews on YELP.

They make the best mahi mahi fish tacos and great mole. I like the chicken mole burrito. Their homemade chips are great and they have a nice salsa bar. They have a huge menu written on the wall when you first walk in. They have tons of vegetarian choices too, including soy enchiladas which are really good. All the seafood choices can't be beat, lobster burritos, scallop tacos as well. It's in a cool part of town with lots of good people watching and a fun place to just take a little walk after you chow down.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #53
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

ohhhh.

el zarape.

ohhhhh.

i wish i could eat.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #54
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Once, I was in Charleston, SC (I know, I left the north! Wow!), I had an amazing dining experience here and I have subsequently recommended it to some friends who traveled there. It's quite southern (when in Rome, right?), but, gourmet. Rather good. If you are there, or will go there, try this place. You will not be disappointed.

Click on Magnolias

http://www.magnolias-blossom-cypress.com/

Bon appetit!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 01:25 AM   #55
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLeo View Post
Another place I like to go is >Chez Machin<

I found this little gem when I first moved to Portland just randomly wandering around in one of the neat neighborhoods we have, Hawthorne.

The restaurant is quaint and comfy. They decorate in the traditional "French" way...play french music, etc.

What I love about this place is the staff are really kind and always seem really happily mellow. They have great suggestions, are very patient with my weird food ordering ways...And the food is just good. Always good. It never wavers.

They have the best french onion soup I have ever had...so tasty.

They have lots of crepes (which are VERY popular here) but I typically order:
Croque Monsieur-Grilled Emmentaller swiss cheese, Black Forest ham and dijon mustard sandwich topped with melted Emmentaller swiss cheese
and/or
Salade Lyonnaise-Mixed greens tossed in homemade Dijon vinaigrette with bacon, diced tomatoes, homemade croutons and topped with a poached egg.

Sometimes I get the special - Chicken Cordon Bleu or Quiche.

If we are feeling especially decadent, we might get this appetizer: Brie en Croute-Brie cheese baked in savory pastry. Served with roasted garlic and sliced apples, sliced baguette, and local berry compote.

or a crepe for dessert (rarely for me since I don't eat much refind sugar) but if I do, it is often this: La Compote-Cooked apples and cinnamon with caramel sauce.

The prices are VERY reasonable as well. 2 for dinner is usually around $25 depending on what we order.
The salad with the apple-ginger vinaigrette sounded interesting. Okay, the dressing sounds interesting. I think I'll experiment and see what I can come up with.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #56
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Now this is a thread I could spend all day in.

Chicago Favs:

Cafe Ba Ba Reeba. Part of the Melman Brother's Lettuce Entertain You empire, but oh so good. Spanish Tapas with great social ambiance and almost universally great wait staff. They do know how to train 'em. Bacon wrapped dates, stuffed mushrooms, wonderful sangria... sigh. In a word? Festive.

North Pond To say this is a hidden gem is an understatement on two fronts. Most Chicagoans don't even know this exists and those that do still would have a hard time finding it. There is, to my palate, no finer dining experience in Chicago. You might pay more, but you can't get better. They have a great wine list and make lovely cocktails as well as serving up fresh, locally sourced organic food. Therefore their menu changes frequently. Nummy.

There are plenty of great cheap eats as well.

Hot Dogs: SuperDawg on Touhy. You may disagree about the "bestness" of the dog, but you cannot deny that they have a great experience. Right down to the packaging.

Gyro: Andie's. Andie's used to be a hole in the wall drop in joint when I was growing up in the neighborhood. I didn't go for years after I moved out of the area and then finally went for brunch one Sunday. Can't recommend the brunch, but they still have good gyros.

Pizza: Everyone says Duo's, Malnati's or Girodano's. Bullocks. Pequod's is the place for pie. Just try it.

Sweet Treats: For years I would have said Margie's. Hands down. Margie's is an institution and I think it's a shame that I can no longer recommend them, but after being refused service on my birthday ("we don't serve your kind!!") I just can't support them. Instead I say "Cupcakes" on Briar in boytown.

Will be back for tips on other places I've lived and visited.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #57
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Cafe Ba Ba Reeba - Yes. God. Yes. I've been to the one in Chicago and the one in Vegas. I wish they had one here in PDX.

Those bacon wrapped dates. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

That was a fun time, indeed, here in Vegas at Cafe Ba Ba Reeba and getting to spend time with you, Kat, Waldo, LCS, and "The Gang".

That was the first time I'd been to Cafe Ba Ba Reeba, or anyplace like it. I thoroughly enjoyed it, too, and the food there was absolutely wonderful.

I didn't know I'd like that kind of food as much as I do!!

When you guys come back....and I know you will, one of these days, I will take you to eat Dim Sum at the Orchid Garden....and we will also take in the all-you-can-eat sushi and tempura bar at Makeno's.

~Theo~
Old 06-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #58
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I like my sushi on a train. We have a couple of places here in town that do that, Sushiland and Sushi Takehashi. Mio Sushi is good too, but sadly, no train.
On Monday nights we have the NYC Queer knitting group, and we meet at Whole Foods on Houston. They have a sushi bar with traveling sushi! They also make sushi with brown rice if you ask!

Elle*
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #59
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post

That was a fun time, indeed, here in Vegas at Cafe Ba Ba Reeba and getting to spend time with you, Kat, Waldo, LCS, and "The Gang".

That was the first time I'd been to Cafe Ba Ba Reeba, or anyplace like it. I thoroughly enjoyed it, too, and the food there was absolutely wonderful.

I didn't know I'd like that kind of food as much as I do!!

When you guys come back....and I know you will, one of these days, I will take you to eat Dim Sum at the Orchid Garden....and we will also take in the all-you-can-eat sushi and tempura bar at Makeno's.

~Theo~
Stop talking dirty to me.

Okay, don't stop. Just give me directions.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #60
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Massachusetts

Boston
Legal Seafood may be a chain and it may not be the best seafood in the world, but I have never had a bad meal at a stand alone Legal outlet. The Logan airport location just delivered the first bad meal I'd ever had at Legal so I can no longer claim "never" wholly, but well qualified I still recommend it.

Abe & Louie's is one of those "old boy" type places that you don't think exist any more. If you're a regular they know you and your palate extremely well. They know the table you prefer and the cocktail that you'll want waiting. If not, you may well want to become a regular.

East Side Bar & Grille in Cambridge is my go to place for a good cocktail or a well poured beer and a low key atmosphere. Get a baked quahog and a salad with your Harpoon IPA and you're golden.

Western MA
Eastside is the place I jones for when I'm away. They have a good caesar salad and serve it with anchovy (as the food gods intended!). They no longer plate my favorite fish dish, but always have a nice selection of fresh seafood. Try the sweet potato chips with artichoke and crab dip. I have no idea why they don't put it on the regular menu because it's been on the specials list every time I've been there over the last three years.

Carmelina's in Hadley is a new fav for me. Was just there this month. It's easy to say that it's charming, but what you wouldn't realize from the exterior is that you'll get some of the best service inside this unassuming space. Paired with great ambiance and live music and you start to understand why it's always packed.

Esselon, also in Hadley, is one og my favorite places to grab breakfast or brunch. They have a lovely gardenside patio to enjoy while injesting amazing carb laden breakfast goodness. If I liked coffee I have no doubt I'd love theirs. It smells great!

Green Street Cafe, in the shadow of Smith college, serves a small but very fresh menu in a converted storefront space that can feel a little odd, but none-the-less quite welcoming. The service tends to be a little on the flighty side, but the food more or less makes up for it.

Cape Cod
http://www.yelp.com/biz/edwige-provincetown in Provincetown is ideal for a romantic dinner with cocktails, but be forewarned, it's small, bustling and can be quite hot when the weather heats up. They win points for great cocktail concoctions.

Tags
drinks, fantastic san diego!, food, food obsessed, tiger raves!