Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-01-2011, 05:39 AM   #961
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i bet he has had quite a few offers to do quite a few things.

we may be surprised at what la russa chooses to do. i know i was with him retiring.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #962
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macele View Post
i wish him well! more life to come.
Seriously, can it get any better? I applaud him, while his family is still a little bit young. Enjoy them, and enjoy your your life. I thought Jim Leyland
would be the first one.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #963
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Anyne watching the free agent declarations? There are some good position players out there and some decent bench players as well. Was surprised to see 12 catchers declare already. Most pitchers available seem pretty mediocre to me except for Oswalt.

Hoping the Red Sox start making some moves to sure up the roster. We have a few holes to fill.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #964
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Anyne watching the free agent declarations? There are some good position players out there and some decent bench players as well. Was surprised to see 12 catchers declare already. Most pitchers available seem pretty mediocre to me except for Oswalt.

Hoping the Red Sox start making some moves to sure up the roster. We have a few holes to fill.

Yup, taking a look at the free agents. Should be interesting to see where thay all end up. Please, bring some bats to SF!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:34 AM   #965
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

It's been a weird off season thus far. 3 teams looking for managers. No blockbuster deals yet. A handful of resignings. A bunch of team options declined.

The only free agent signing thus far that I can see is Jim Thome to the Phillies which surprised me. He is a DH not a position player.

Wonder if baseball management is taking a different, less costly approach this year. Seems there should be more rumors and rumblings by now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #966
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

It's been a weird off season thus far. 3 teams looking for managers. No blockbuster deals yet. A handful of resignings. A bunch of team options declined.

The only free agent signing thus far that I can see is Jim Thome to the Phillies which surprised me. He is a DH not a position player.

Wonder if baseball management is taking a different, less costly approach this year. Seems there should be more rumors and rumblings by now.

I know, usually there is "talk" going on a lot more.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #967
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default free agents

Free agents are starting to make their way around the leagues.

Thome signed with the Phillies.

It was reported today that the Red Sox have lost Jonathan Papelbon to the Phillies as well. Cant say it was unexpected. He has been signing 1 year contracts with us for the past few years. Hope he does well switching leagues.

Pirates signed Rod Barajas. I am presuming he will back up their rookie. Think he will be a big help to them. Has some power and pop left in his bat.

Marlins are trying to lure everything i.e. Reyes, Pujols, Wilson etc. It is odd seeing they wont even spend the money to sign their own free agents. And they have Hanley Rameriz(?) so why go after another shortstop.

Yankees are being conspicuously quiet which is always worrisome.

Any other rumors floating around in your neck of the woods?

Old 12-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #968
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default wtf?

Ok where are the baseball people hiding?

Pujols and CJ Wilson to the Angels? Really? The Angels?

Reyes and Buehrle to the Marlins? Then again the Marlins seemed to be hell bent on signing any major leaguer who strays too close to their stadium.

Ok where are these teams getting money from to pay these contracts? They both are known to dump players rather than fork over the big bucks....so who is funding them? And why?

Lots of signings and trading going on but the big spender teams are oddly silent. What gives?

Old 12-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #969
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

"like the power of a woman's voice when she whispers your name"

From "The Women are Singing Tonight" by Chris Williamson

Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:23 AM   #970
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Reyes and Buehrle to the Marlins? Then again the Marlins seemed to be hell bent on signing any major leaguer who strays too close to their stadium.

Ok where are these teams getting money from to pay these contracts? They both are known to dump players rather than fork over the big bucks....so who is funding them? And why?

Lots of signings and trading going on but the big spender teams are oddly silent. What gives?

***i'm right here!!! i miss my G-Men!! ok so both Bochy and Sabean contracts are extended to 2013.
while Ross, Crawford contracts are now in arbitration.

both Lincecum and Wilson got a nice raise...

what's next?

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:37 AM   #971
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
***i'm right here!!! i miss my G-Men!! ok so both Bochy and Sabean contracts are extended to 2013.
while Ross, Crawford contracts are now in arbitration.

both Lincecum and Wilson got a nice raise...

what's next?

Giants have been active. Besides what you mentioned they also traded Torrez and some pitcher to the Mets for Pagan.

All my Sox have done is sign Valentine for the manager, lose Papelbon to the Phillies, re-signed Andrew Miller - why I dont know, and have Ortiz in arbitration. Oh and re-signed Scutaro. Did we run out of money or something?
We need a closer. We need starting pitching. We need a right fielder.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:24 AM   #972
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Giants have been active. Besides what you mentioned they also traded Torrez and some pitcher to the Mets for Pagan.

All my Sox have done is sign Valentine for the manager, lose Papelbon to the Phillies, re-signed Andrew Miller - why I dont know, and have Ortiz in arbitration. Oh and re-signed Scutaro. Did we run out of money or something?
We need a closer. We need starting pitching. We need a right fielder.

***what??? Torres is with the Mets? Shiiiiit! Frankly, the Giants need hitters more than anything and a good offense... and for so many of their injured players to get healthy again!!

is that why the Sox have collapsed with the Angels? seriously...

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:43 AM   #973
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Had hoped my Tigers would go after Wilson. We desperately need a fifth starter. I hear we are after one of the Cardinal relievers. We also need an every day second baseman and reinforcement at third. Love Brandon Inge, but he only comes to life around the playoffs. The rest of the season he can't swing the bat.

Jake
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #974
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
***what??? Torres is with the Mets? Shiiiiit! Frankly, the Giants need hitters more than anything and a good offense... and for so many of their injured players to get healthy again!!

is that why the Sox have collapsed with the Angels? seriously...

Hopefully the Giants will have an infusion of health and get back on track. You have some awesome players who play well as a team when they are able to play.

As for the Sox, a GM and manager change tends to slow things down. We have spent a lot of money on underperformers (Lackey, DiceK, Crawford) so it is possible the purse strings have been tightened.

I dont know who owns the Angels these days. I can see signing Wilson. Signing a 32 year old Pujols to a 10 year contract when his numbers have already been declining for the last 3 years seems ill advised to me. I can see that contract for Fielder who is younger and still producing at a healthy clip.

So many free agents underperform after they get these lucrative contracts that it makes me wary. Last year it was Crawford, Werth, Dunne, Guerrero, Abreu - none producing anywhere need the expected levels.

I get concerned when teams start throwing around an infusion of cash i.e. the Mets a few years back, and load up on high priced players who never gel into a team.

There was an article yesterday saying the Angels and Rangers are beginning a competition between one another akin to the Sox and Yankees. Shrug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Had hoped my Tigers would go after Wilson. We desperately need a fifth starter. I hear we are after one of the Cardinal relievers. We also need an every day second baseman and reinforcement at third. Love Brandon Inge, but he only comes to life around the playoffs. The rest of the season he can't swing the bat.

Jake
Jake, hang tight. There are still some good folks out there:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/fr...e-agents.shtml

I love the multi-positional players like Hairston Jr., Cuddyer, DeRosa (if he is healthy), Furcal, Guillen (if healthy and stays healthy).

Old 12-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #975
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Pirate fest is next weekend, all weekend. It's earlier than usual, but never too early for me. Tickets came yesterday.

Derek Lee apparently thinks he is worth more than the Pirates have offerred him and he is willing to go the arbitration route .

I'm not into these inflated salaries. Nate McClouth is coming back after being a HUGE disappointment in Atlanta. He was a fan favorite here, had an inflated ego, went to Atlanta and was a bust. He's coming back for a one year contract and 1.25 million (apparently thats nothing). It's still early.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Old 12-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #976
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Pirate fest is next weekend, all weekend. It's earlier than usual, but never too early for me. Tickets came yesterday.

Derek Lee apparently thinks he is worth more than the Pirates have offerred him and he is willing to go the arbitration route .

I'm not into these inflated salaries. Nate McClouth is coming back after being a HUGE disappointment in Atlanta. He was a fan favorite here, had an inflated ego, went to Atlanta and was a bust. He's coming back for a one year contract and 1.25 million (apparently thats nothing). It's still early.

What is Pirate fest?

Pirates have been busy signing folks in a low key way - Ed Bedard (my condolences), Jose Morales (who?), Nick Evans, Brandon Boggs, Jake Fox, Shairon Martis, Clint Barmes, Rod Barajas, Wyatt Toregas, Tom Wood.

McLouth at 1.25 mil is a steal. The average salary in MLB now is 3 mil! Hopefully his head has shrunk a lil and his bat will find the ball again.

Derek Lee in arbitration is good. He will put up good numbers and is an asset around the clubhouse. Good influence on young players.

Pirates are building a lil at a time.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #977
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

I'm getting some scoop about my Giants and think a Giant's fest would be great! Looks like the Pirates have some spirit!!
Old 12-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #978
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default The drug testing has been in effect less than a month

Staff report Sporting News

National League MVP Ryan Braun has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug and could face a 50-game suspension next season, according to ESPN’s “Outside the Lines.”
Braun, who hit .332 with 33 homers for Milwaukee in 2011, is disputing the result, which revealed he had elevated levels of testosterone in his body, according to the report.
OF Ryan Braun hit .332 and made his fourth All-Star game for the Brewers in 2011. (AP Photo)
MLB is trying to confirm the test through the World Anti-Doping Agency in Montreal, according to the report.
"There are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan's complete innocence and demonstrate there was absolutely no intentional violation of the program,” a Braun spokesman said in a press release. “While Ryan has impeccable character and no previous history, unfortunately, because of the process we have to maintain confidentiality and are not able to discuss it any further, but we are confident he will ultimately be exonerated."
Braun said he will fight the accusation.
He called the positive test "B.S.," according to USA Today.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #979
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Prince Fielder to the Tigers for $214 million for 9 years?!

Hello, World Series!
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #980
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Default Great article

Take Me Out to the Ballpark: Top Ten Baseball Stadiums

Be a part of America's favorite summer pastime and catch a game at one of the country's ten best baseball stadiums, or just check out the sights in these great American cities.
By Caitlin Johnson
Safeco Field, Mariners, Seattle (Thinkstock)
Comment On This Article
Add to My Favorites

There are some baseball parks so legendary and so historic that even if you don't know the difference between a run and a hit, you'll know these stadiums by name: Wrigley, Fenway, Yankee Stadium. From Pittsburgh to San Diego, the United States is dotted with baseball treasures. Some are home to historic teams; some to younger clubs. In some parks, scores of championship banners hang from the rafters; others are quite bare. But for those looking to catch a game and also to enjoy a cool new city, there is no shortage of options. With the help of baseball connoisseur and creator of baseballparks.com Joe Mock (who's been to 256 different major and minor league ballparks), we give you ten of the country's best baseball stadiums, set in some of the nation's coolest cities. Regardless of your team affiliation, even if you're a die-hard fan, you'll want to attend a game on the road at one of these standout parks.
10. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore
The city of Baltimore has one of the best locations in the nation: just north of Washington D.C. and just south of New York City. Although this often means that it's the Mid-Atlantic's forgotten city, Charm City's got lots of character, with quaint neighborhoods and cobblestone streets, rocking bars with live music, and (being a coastal town) some of the biggest and best crabs in the country. And, Baltimore can certainly claim one of the nicest parks in the nation. Mock describes Oriole Park at Camden Yards as a throwback park, even though it was completed in 1992. Mock says the architects looked to classic Ebbets Field, rather than the Skydome for inspiration. More importantly, it changed the ballpark business model. Instead of just selling baseball, the owners decided to sell wine, Baltimore's famous jumbo lump crab cakes, barbeque, and funny knickknacks. There's also plenty to do outside the park: Just minutes away, the inner harbor area has cool places to eat as well as the Maryland Science Center, the Baltimore Aquarium, and Baltimore Maritime Museum. The ballpark is just minutes away. For those seeking a two-fer, hop on the MARC train, Maryland's public transit trains, and head about 40 miles south to Washington D.C. for a Nationals game. The newly constructed Nationals Park offers one of the best views in all of Major League Baseball and the exterior is designed to fit in with all the monuments and federal buildings that characterize the nation's capital.
Baltimore Travel Guide
9. Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
Although some Brooklynites are still smarting from the loss of the Dodgers to Los Angeles in 1958, the team is now part of the fabric of Southern California. Appropriately, it is housed by the Taj Majal of baseball. Dodger Stadium overlooks downtown Los Angeles and is actually built into a mountain side. Mock says the seating bowl offers a great view of the Hollywood hills. Dodger Stadium is not centrally located, but getting to Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Catalina Island, and all the other glamorous places associated with L.A. is not hard to do—just hop on the (in)famous freeway or the Metro. Of course, if you want to see another park while you're in town, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are just about an hour away. Visit Mickey and Minnie in Disneyland while you're at it.
Los Angeles Travel Guide
8. Safeco Field, Seattle
Safeco Field is the best example of a retractable roof in all of major league baseball. The reason? Even when the roof is fully closed, the stadium isn't enclosed. There's an area above the left field seats that stays open all the time so it doesn't feel claustrophobic and still has the feel of a traditional, open-air baseball stadium. Plus, the open area provides for an excellent view, including Mount Rainier, Seattle's business district, and Puget Sound, depending on where you are sitting. Of course, no visit to Seattle is complete without a visit to the Space Needle, where you can look out over the city from 520 feet in the air. Don't miss Pike Place Market, home of the original Starbucks coffee shop, and get farm-fresh veggies, fruits, and flowers while being entertained by street performers. And take an underwater stroll in the Seattle Aquarium's glass dome, and watch sharks and other aquatic life swim by you.
Seattle Travel Guide

Previous
Next >