Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:26 PM   #21
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default Limoncello cocktail

My sister got a really expensive bottle of limoncello from her boss as a gift last Christmas and gave it to me because she didn't want it. I kept it in the freezer and I finally opened it yesterday and made this cocktail.

Limoncello Cocktail

Ice
1/2 lemon, cut in small pieces with the rind
1 sprig fresh basil, plus extra for garnish
1-ounce grappa
2 ounces limoncello
1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
Splash club soda

It was very refreshing on a hot night.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2010, 07:37 PM   #22
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Pomegranate Martini
A delicious, simple Pomegranate martini to please every sipper.

Ingredients

•2 ounces of Pama Pomegranate liqueur
•1 ounce of Stoli vodka
•3 ounces of Pom pomegranate juice
The mix

•Add all of your ingredients into a shaker 3/4 full of cracked ice
•Shake until freezing
•Strain into a freezing martini glass
•Sip, sip, sip

Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #23
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Fantasy Martini

Ingredients:

1½ oz. Vodka
1oz. Pineapple Vodka
¼ oz. Cranberry Vodka
Fresh Cherry
Rose Petals

Mixology Directions:

1) Prepare a chilled Martini glass (I generally pre-chill my glasses in the fridge or freezer, but you can get the same result by placing a few ice cubes in the glass and leaving for a couple of minutes).

2) Combine ingredients into a Martini shaker with crushed ice and let it stand for 3 minutes.

3) Gently tip Martini shaker back and forth a few times.

4) Strain into the pre-chilled martini glass. Garnish with a perfect cherry and float rose petals on top.

5) Enjoy the Fantasy Martini...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #24
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Default Can you tell I love martini's

Flirtini

Ingredients:

1 ½ oz Absolute vodka

½ oz. Champagne

Pineapple juice

Slice of lime

Pineapple slice

Mixology Directions:

1) Prepare a chilled Martini glass (I generally pre-chill my glasses in the fridge or freezer, but you can get the same result by placing a few ice cubes in the glass and leaving for a couple of minutes).

2) Combine ingredients into a Martini shaker with crushed ice and give it a good shaking.

3) Strain the mixture into the pre-chilled Martini glass and garnish with a slice of lime and pineapple.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #25
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

The Silk Panty Martini

Ingredients:

1oz. Absolute Vodka

1oz. Peach Schnapps

1oz. Cranberry juice

Fresh peach slice

Cranberries

Mixology Directions:

2) Combine ingredients into a Martini shaker with crushed ice and give it a good shaking.

3) Strain the mixture into the pre-chilled Martini glass and garnish with a fresh peach slice and floating cranberries.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #26
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation
Default Golden Dream

In a blender place:

3 ice cubes
4 shots Vodka (I don't measure, so this is an estimate)
fill blender to 2/3 with orange juice
splash of Galliano (tip the bottle once, quickly)
1 TBLSP powdered sugar
A swirl of heavy cream

blend until ice cubes dissolved. add a sprig of mint to the glass for eye candy. Ok, it's not exact, but it works, believe me. It tastes a little like an Orange Julius, but you'll be dreaming if you drink it like one!
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #27
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

It's not alcoholic but it's good!

Arnie Palmer

1/2 iced tea
1/2 lemonade

I first ran into this in Denver but I'm not sure where it originated.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #28
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
It's not alcoholic but it's good!

Arnie Palmer

1/2 iced tea
1/2 lemonade

I first ran into this in Denver but I'm not sure where it originated.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-arnold-palmer

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #29
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Cuban Mojito recipe
the original authentic recipe from Havana Cuba

1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Juice from 1 lime (2 ounces)
4 mint leaves
1 sprig of mint
white Rum (2 ounces)
2 ounces club soda

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #30
Daktari

Rhubarb Martini for me. Made the usual way except use the juice of stewed rhubarb - with no/little sugar in the stewing process to ensure that lovely tartness - instead of lime. Sans salt. Delish
Old 06-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #31
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I found this awesome article on summer cocktails in the NY Times. There are a few I want to try.

Enjoy!

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...f=summerdrinks

Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2019, 09:45 AM   #32
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,764 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

I was looking for a thread to share some craft beer suggestions and interesting drinks. I bartended at one point in my many careers. I miss it. I was a hoping we could resurrect this thread and maybe share and even trade craft beers.

Anyone interested?
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2019, 10:46 AM   #33
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Don't know much about "craft" beers. But I do know this: anyone who makes beer with "fruity" flavours should be shot. You want "fruit", drink wine.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:04 PM   #34
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Don't know much about "craft" beers. But I do know this: anyone who makes beer with "fruity" flavours should be shot. You want "fruit", drink wine.
Well mostly local breweries.......we have bunch around here. I'm not much into the hoppy bitter tasting beers. I like a nice smooth lager. As far as beers go. And I like citrus notes in my beer on occasion as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2019, 08:03 PM   #35
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
I was looking for a thread to share some craft beer suggestions and interesting drinks. I bartended at one point in my many careers. I miss it. I was a hoping we could resurrect this thread and maybe share and even trade craft beers.

Anyone interested?
Hello Jedi,

I seem to remember a beer thread, and a few members here used to post in it, quite a bit. It was OkieBug's beer thread, I think:

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=5166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
Well mostly local breweries.......we have bunch around here. I'm not much into the hoppy bitter tasting beers. I like a nice smooth lager. As far as beers go. And I like citrus notes in my beer on occasion as well.
My hometown (Rip City -- Trail Blazer's, River City --- we got two big rivers, BridgeTown -- we're known for our bridges) has quite a few micro-breweries; but also, we've had several home town breweries recently close since last fall (Alameda Brewery, to name one). Why, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing changes in property taxes or annual lease agreements or simply someone in family owned business dies, then the family just decides to close the doors and move on??? Not sure, really.

When I was younger, I always looked forward to having a beer on a really hot summer day. I'm not much of a beer drinker, so we're talking maybe one or two beers during any given hot summer. *lol*

I had a beer once, that is a favorite out on the East coast... I forget the name of it, but it's a Lemon Shandy, I think. Pretty nice to have on a hot summer evening.

I hope OkieBug's beer thread is the beer thread you were thinking of. If not, you should start a new forum thread and if you do? Tell us a tiny bit about your past bartending career and the types of drinks that were most requested or even a favorite drink you thought was pretty special.

Cheers,

K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2019, 11:13 PM   #36
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

FOLLOWING!!

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2019, 03:54 AM   #37
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post

My hometown (Rip City -- Trail Blazer's, River City --- we got two big rivers, BridgeTown -- we're known for our bridges) has quite a few micro-breweries; but also, we've had several home town breweries recently close since last fall (Alameda Brewery, to name one). Why, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing changes in property taxes or annual lease agreements or simply someone in family owned business dies, then the family just decides to close the doors and move on??? Not sure, really.

When I was younger, I always looked forward to having a beer on a really hot summer day. I'm not much of a beer drinker, so we're talking maybe one or two beers during any given hot summer. *lol*

I had a beer once, that is a favorite out on the East coast... I forget the name of it, but it's a Lemon Shandy, I think. Pretty nice to have on a hot summer evening.

I hope OkieBug's beer thread is the beer thread you were thinking of. If not, you should start a new forum thread and if you do? Tell us a tiny bit about your past bartending career and the types of drinks that were most requested or even a favorite drink you thought was pretty special.

Cheers,

K.
I will check out that beer thread after I respond to you. I bartended for a little hole in the wall gay bar in Denver, CO. I opened the bar a couple days a week then did Saturday nights. The most requested drink was a Jose float. It's Cactus Juice (margarita flavored schnapps) with Jose Cuervo floated on top. Usually served as a shot. One of my faves to make at home now are frozen Pina Coladas. I use the Bacardi frozen mix you can find in the grocery store with the frozen juices. You just add rum and ice. I tend to pour a bit heavy when I make these but they go down so easily. Also, I had a fave premium well drink I liked to make......Jedi's White Russian......now when I make them at home I use different stuff but the bar had a bunch of Skyy vodkas. I have since learned Skyy vodka is up there with Chick-fil-A and Barilla pasta for being anti-gay. But.......I would use the Skyy Vanilla (it smells like cake icing and has a sweet vanilla taste) and Kahlua and heavy cream and shake that sucker like crazy. Now my specialty were my Jedi Kamikazees. I would leave out the triple sec though and just add more vodka. Now i would cut up a bunch of limes and depending on how many shot were being made, I would mix the ice, vodka, sour mix and rose's sweeetened lime juice. I would squeeze a piece of lime in for each shot and throw the limes in the shaker for good measure. Strain into shot glasses and squeeze a lime into each shot glass. They are very tart but boy are they good. At one point, there was a restaurant too. I make a mean cherry coke. In Denver, my gf had kids, her youngest lived with us and was having troubles so I used to take her with me at times to help set up the restaurant side of everything. But I would make the cherry cokes for her.
I wasn't much of a Martini Bartender. I'm not all high brow behind the bar.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post: