Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation
Default For the Love of Makeup

The Makeup / Cosmetics thread

A place to share your knowledge, expertise, feelings, tips, thoughts, questions, appreciation, gripes, resources, advice and opinions regarding all things makeup-related.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

One word: ULTA.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Has anybody tried eyeshadow sheets?

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Never tried those before but then again I rarely put on eye shadow too many allergies with my eyes, just blush bronzer and base makeup and moisterizer!!
Oh Lancome mascara when I want to look extra special
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

here's a tip..

I must have spent 1000's of dollars over the years on facial products. Especially milky cleansers and the like. Now I use Dr Bronners Castile Lavender soap on my face and body. I use a facial brush on my face and a really great

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CSDDDG/ref=oss_product"]Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth/Towel[/ame]

on my body. I drink plenty of water and eat lots of organic fruits and veggies. Sometimes I grind up papaya, maybe cukes, put it on my face. Ohhh and if you can get or grow Charentais Melon, this is excellent on your skin. In fact you can even grow, freeze and smash for treatments.

Stay away from any moisturizing product that uses mineral oil- on your face or body. If you want healthy skin eat right.

Sometimes I mix up some lavender, bergamot and little geranium oils into a light Jojoba oil or really any natural digestible oil you can find. I rub this on my face and body if needed.

I know wearing make-up seems to be the femme thing to do but at this point in my life I honestly prefer beautiful natural skin. Maybe a little mascara and eyeliner. If I get dressed up really fancy I might use a little matt foundation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #6
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I haven't worn foundation in years.....probably from having layers of pancake makeup during my theatre/opera years....but I just feel like my skin is suffocating.....

I decorate my eyes, wear a little blush and lipstick and that's about it. Have not tried the eyeshadow sheets.....interesting concept, though!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I haven't worn foundation in years.....probably from having layers of pancake makeup during my theatre/opera years....but I just feel like my skin is suffocating.....

I decorate my eyes, wear a little blush and lipstick and that's about it. Have not tried the eyeshadow sheets.....interesting concept, though!

lol- well years ago pancake makeup was the thing. Most foundations feel heavy to me. I do like Lancome's Dual Mat and a case will last me long long time. That was until I learned they did animal testing and stopped buying lancome products which I used for years. Now I check before buying.

Thats my second tip- before investing in a product to make yourself beautiful make sure an animal didn't suffer for it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Has anybody tried eyeshadow sheets?

No but I've *really* wanted too!!

My new Heart Throb in the make up world is Shu Emura. There's a shop in Covent Garden in London, inki took me there on my birthday to play with the make up. I have never, ever, seen so many high quality beautiful colours that suit my skin tone in one place. I almost peed myself.

Plus their eyelash bar is Japan High Fashion Godlyness. it's like putting little works of art on your eyelids.

two things that make me insane with joy: wearing pieces of art on my feet and wearing pieces of art on my lashes.

and of course, wigs. A mate of mine that runs Bird Club had one made in 17th century fashion but super high and with white fairly lights through it. She looked like the most glorious of drag queen performers

which is, of course, one of my goals to achieve when I go out clubbing.

Trannyshack @ Madam Jojo's (London) is my ideal.

http://www.madamejojos.com/club_nigh...y_shack/about/

http://www.trannyshack.co.uk/page4.html

Make up Alley.com is also a giant gift. If I'm thinking about purchasing anything or trying to make my own make up, it's one of the best resources I've found - states, canada, uk, europe and australia on one site.

My latest problem is eyelash glue. I have new and spectacular black a blue super long NYX lashes but am having trouble getting them to stick. Duo isn't working. I'm thinking a theatre company might be helpful :s ?
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #9
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

I've gotten on the bareminerals bandwagon this summer. It feels like I'm not wearing "paint." The coverage is good too.

Clinique has a great cream eyeshadow.

For face products, I like Origins.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 02:45 PM   #10
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I wear very little makeup but I love Nars Orgasm. I have the all over color and the gloss.

I am very fair and if I didn't wear glasses I would wear mascara, but I do love this eyebrow tint.

Chancie is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Just sneaking a peek. Might learn something useful, like a compliment.
I like femmes who wear a bit of orgasm. What? Make up gives O? I need to read more of this thread.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #12
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

I like femmes who wear a bit of orgasm. What? Make up gives O? I need to read more of this thread.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #13
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I'm a MAC girl! (and sometimes Urban Decay)
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #14
Pretty Woman

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Trying to be true to myself

Pretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST ReputationPretty Woman Has the BEST Reputation

FACE Stockholm Tinted Mineral Moisturizer with SPF20

Color, sunscreen and moisturizer all in one!

And it has good coverage but doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup at all. They have a great neutralizer blue concealer too that I use when I have dark circles under my eyes.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #15
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I tried some of the eyeshadow sheets. I don't remember the brand, but they were horrible and didn't work anything like advertised. It didn't go on the way it should, and pretty much stuck to the little sheet instead of me.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #16
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I loOoOoOoove makeup!

I rarely use a base makeup; but I do use a variety of products to acheive the look I am after...

Lancome (mascara + liquid eyeliner)
Fresh Minerals (eye shadows in shimmering, pearly shades)
Blush (MyChelle - Kiss of Color stick in "Chai" - a darjeeling honey shade)
Lipstick (Maybeline - Eternal Flame)

Products I use for skin care: Nature's Gate organics line ("Light Switch," "C for Yourself," "Forget your Lines," etc)

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #17
vixenagogo

How Do You Identify?:
unabashedly femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
i prefer being proadverb.
Relationship Status:
single.

Thanked 1,260 Times in 381 Posts
vixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputation
Default my new fav!

vixenagogo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vixenagogo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #18
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALovelyKiss View Post

Products I use for skin care: Nature's Gate organics line ("Light Switch," "C for Yourself," "Forget your Lines," etc)

I've always liked their herbal shampoo and conditioner.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #19
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxnrope View Post
Buddy, have you considered hitting the submit button just once? Your double posting is all over the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blush View Post
I've gotten on the bareminerals bandwagon this summer. It feels like I'm not wearing "paint." The coverage is good too.

Clinique has a great cream eyeshadow.

For face products, I like Origins.
My mother, and sister, (and ex), are ALL about bareminerals....

<---would NOT have posted on this thread if it was in the femme section...just sayin'

<---- was thinkin' wax was rude for posting in this thread until hy saw that it was NOT in the femme section

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #20
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Buddy, have you considered hitting the submit button just once? Your double posting is all over the forum!

My mother, and sister, (and ex), are ALL about bareminerals....

<---would NOT have posted on this thread if it was in the femme section...just sayin'

<---- was thinkin' wax was rude for posting in this thread until hy saw that it was NOT in the femme section
Dude, its my dumb smartphone. And, they, the femmes know how to deal when annoyed. They don't need you to tell them. Nor do I.