Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Question Nutmilks

Please share~
Your recipe or experience with any or all nutmilks. Nutmilks are a vegan happy milk! They are nutritious and totally delicious!

Be adventurous, try one! You will love it!

p.s. I am also looking for ways to use the nut meal that is left. I freeze mine and use it to make crackers..i've also used them as part of a banana bread and it was rilly good.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Talking No cow milk here!

Love love love Almond Milk!!!

Coconut milk is delicious too, but not on my Cocoa Krispies!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default My latest fav

Almond Milk

1/2 c. almonds
Spring Water to cover
Refrigerate for at least 6 hours/overnight

Take out drain well.

Add almonds to blender (ie Blendtec, Vitamix)
2 pitted dates
1/2 teasp. vanilla (to taste, but go easy at first)
2 c. cold spring water
1 teasp raw honey (this is very optional i don't like it sweet but some do, so indulge if you want to!)

Blend on smoothie setting. Set out glass bowl big enough to hold contents.
To strain- A nut bag is best but in a pinch you can use a fine cheese cloth. Carefully pour contents within the confines of bag or cheesecloth. Gather up and begin squeezing out all milk from pulp. There will be a little over 2 cups. Make sure to squeeze your pulp well. Pour contents into a mason jar with lid or any glass container of your choosing. Refrigerate til use. It's very pretty to look at, now, are you ready to taste heaven?

tip 1: I only make enough to last me for a day or so. That is the beauty of it. It always tastes fresh and delicious!
tip 2: Always soak your nuts, it will not work well if you are not patient!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Default oh oh

forgot..just a pinch of Celtic Salt (it makes a difference!)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

my client is vegan and has gotten me into a lot of his foods/drinks. we make soy/nut milks on occasion...he has a machine specifically for making the soy milk.....he adds cinnamon to it and pure vanilla bean....he also makes it chocolate at times by adding carob powder. i never thought I would like it but wow.....good taste...and it gets us away from the very cruel and unhealthy dairy products....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
my client is vegan and has gotten me into a lot of his foods/drinks. we make soy/nut milks on occasion...he has a machine specifically for making the soy milk.....he adds cinnamon to it and pure vanilla bean....he also makes it chocolate at times by adding carob powder. i never thought I would like it but wow.....good taste...and it gets us away from the very cruel and unhealthy dairy products....
I have never tried making soy milk..i wonder if it is like making other nut milks?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

It seems as I get older, I'm becoming more and more lactose intolerant, I can have milk if it's in tea or coffee, but alone? Not a chance, and, unfortunately the stores around me here in the UK only sell soy milk as an alternative and I cannot drink it for the life of me, I can't do the taste, but Almond milk sounds pretty bloody perfect to me, thank you kittygrrl!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #8
Sun

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,551 Times in 1,456 Posts
Sun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST ReputationSun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
I have never tried making soy milk..i wonder if it is like making other nut milks?
If you do, make sure to get organic soy.

“Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.”
― Rumi

Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #9
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Default GMO soy

I'm a little afraid of soy..there is so much GMO soy grain out there and companies are not always honest about it...sometimes it's like a maze to try to find companies who mean what they say and back it up thanks Sun
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
pinkgeek

How Do You Identify?:
that grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, grrl, piranha, monkey
Relationship Status:
captured....

Thanked 1,456 Times in 311 Posts
pinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputationpinkgeek Has the BEST Reputation

Please post your recipe for crackers!

"I‘m heir to madness. Vessel of perversion. Your nightmare should you cross me."

((Want to read about my life in Hawaii and my ongoing war against the roosters and my pony size dog and my wedding?)) http://www.alohafemme.wordpress.com/
pinkgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
he does get organic soy beans...he soaks them overnight....then the machine does the rest...

he also makes these whole grain pretzels that are to die for.....he soaks like 5 kinds of grain for a couple days....mixes in fresh herbs and spices...caraway seeds are my fave....garlic...etc....then i put the mixture through his amazing juicer which also makes nut butter....then i put the mixture in the dehydrator....amazingggg esp with a really good polish mustard he buys...mmmmm
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Love love love Almond Milk!!!

Coconut milk is delicious too, but not on my Cocoa Krispies!
Chocolate Almond milk is SO good

Sometimes i have chocolate cheerios with choco almond milk.

Talk about a rush!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

I just realised, I use coconut milk every time I make a korma curry, yet it's never occurred to me to try drinking it
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Smile Don't worry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive View Post
I just realised, I use coconut milk every time I make a korma curry, yet it's never occurred to me to try drinking it
you're not missing too much..of course fresh coconut milk is
a m a z i n g!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #15
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Quote:
you're not missing too much..of course fresh coconut milk is
a m a z i n g!
It's actually really difficult to get fresh coconuts here, I live in the north of england, all our coconuts are imported
Old 11-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #16
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Quote:
It's actually really difficult to get fresh coconuts here, I live in the north of england, all our coconuts are imported
i am thinking anything considered exotic is thru the thatch?!?
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #17
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Quote:
i am thinking anything considered exotic is thru the thatch?!?
Yeah, most definitely! Around here I am totally against the norm, so expecting anything exotic foodwise is pretty much like believing santa will make me rich this christmas lol
Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #18
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Quote:
Yeah, most definitely! Around here I am totally against the norm, so expecting anything exotic foodwise is pretty much like believing santa will make me rich this christmas lol
curry is very exotic..i hope you try making the almond milk, it will spoil you
Old 11-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Curry's actually considered to be one of our national dishes right alongside fish and chips, we've had Indian's living here in the UK ever since we invaded them... yay British Colonialism pffft.
I will try making the almond milk, but it may take me a while, my hands are pretty sore right now so I'm down to the most basic cooking/preparing skills.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #20
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Quote:
Curry's actually considered to be one of our national dishes right alongside fish and chips, we've had Indian's living here in the UK ever since we invaded them... yay British Colonialism pffft.
I will try making the almond milk, but it may take me a while, my hands are pretty sore right now so I'm down to the most basic cooking/preparing skills.
Is it arthritis? I have it too..staying off of cow's milk products will help..not sure how much but any little bit is good..but it's rilly hard to give up cheese, ice cream..when the don't list becomes longer than your do list..it's hard to get excited about what is good for you