Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Art

Old 02-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation
Default Please help with the Butch Femme Photo Project!

If you haven't seen it so far, there is a wonderful project that was started by photographer Wendi Kali to create "a photo-journalistic essay documenting the individual and unique identities of Butch and Femme."

Read more about the project here:
http://astrangerinthisplace.blogspot...o-project.html

Check out the project's facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/ButchFemmePhotoProject

She is trying to fund the ability to travel more widely to photograph a wide variety of butches and femmes through her kickstarter which ends FRIDAY. If you have help with this amazing project, even with just $5 -- or even just by spreading the word to others who might be able to help -- please do so!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ject?ref=email

I have exchanged some emails with her and one of the things that delights me most about this project is that she is not adhering to one tight definition as to what makes someone "butch" or "femme" -- the project is not just to CELEBRATE butch and femme, but also to show the diversity of those of us who are butch or femme.

So please, help as you can.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I ♥ Kickstarter! Just pledged.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Reading up on this . Interesting .
Old 02-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Found this write-up in the Huff Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ef=mostpopular