Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Singles Mingle

Old 07-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #21
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I am most definitely a Femme (whether I like labels or not) and out in the public you would not know my sexual orientation. But, I have never had a problem finding interesting people to date. Although I think it is much easier for Butches to be identified out there.

I would suggest being friendly and outgoing with everyone.

I have met people online, including here on BFP. There are also other dating sites you could join. Contact people, open discussions with them. What is the worst that can happen? Maybe they won't be interested, but if you don't approach you won't know. And don't take it personally if they aren't interested because they don't know you.

Lesbian dances and bars are great, just ask someone to dance.

Coffee shops, grocery stores, book stores, libraries and so much more.

Friends of friends are always good, go to every event you are invited to.

The most important thing though is your attitude. If you think you can't find anyone you are absolutely right, if you think you can find someone you are also absolutely right.

It is all about the energy that you put out. Just be careful because there is a fine line between available and desperate.

Really, just be yourself and open to the possibility of something great, and then make the first move.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #22
Babyangeleyez

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Babyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST Reputation

I joined a dating site back in December. I have hidden/unhidden my profile like 3 times already. Its so hard to find someone that you click with and have the same things in common. Whenever you think you have met someone you soon realize why they are single (issues, drama, etc). I've given up on the entire dating thing. I'm just over it! Good luck to all the ones out there who find it fun.
Babyangeleyez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Babyangeleyez For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #23
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,615 Times in 3,974 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I was serious when I started with, figure out where you usually go and stop going there because you havent found anyone yet there. People get in patterns of comfort. If you keep doing what you always do, you will always get what you always got.

you have to do something different.

and i am serious about being adventurous. You have to pursue. Dont think using an online dating site is the same thing as pursuing. It might SEEM like it is, but all it is, is the modern day version of waiting for someone to come knocking at your door. In this case, in your email. GET OUT....do something different!

and i am serious about smiling and flirting. I am a plain looking woman. I am not beautiful by American standards. I am not ugly, just plain. But I have NEVER been at a loss for courtships and my friends and family all grouse how I have dated more than anyone they all know. Why? Because I am not afraid to look at people. And smile. I dont wait for that handsome butch to show up before I try my smile out on him. oh no. Thats disingenuous, for starters. Nope, I smile at everyone as often as I can, because I want people to feel me in their world and I want to feel them in mine, and I want us to make each other feel a little less alone and isolated in this complex culture of ours. Example: Elevators. Get on a college elevator. People talk in groups. Students may talk to profs. Some may cross communicate if they overhear something. .But let a janitorial person get in and no one even acknowledges them. Acknowledge them. Smile and welcome them in. They really arent invisible. And once we stop seeing people as invisible (oxy moron, aye?) we tend to find people...

but first we have to get over our need to be invisible.

you are real. You can be seen. Let your light shine. Let people in. This is where committment issues begin..the very root of it.

Smile. And enjoy it. You will get a date..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2012, 03:08 AM   #24
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruss View Post
I have met people online, including here on BFP. There are also other dating sites you could join. Contact people, open discussions with them. What is the worst that can happen? Maybe they won't be interested, but if you don't approach you won't know.
I try this, exchanging emails and messages with various folk back and forth. All seems to be going well, really well in fact. Then, however, after I ask them to marry me (admittedly, we haven't actually met by this stage), they cut off contact ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruss View Post
It is all about the energy that you put out. Just be careful because there is a fine line between available and desperate.
Ahhh .... maybe I need to take this advice on board
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post: