Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 11-04-2015, 10:19 PM   #41
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Chris Stapleton - This dude has a hellavu voice!

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2015, 10:23 PM   #42
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not fond of much of the new stuff, too popish, good voices maybe but if it has no twang to it or the sound, I don't like it LOL.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2015, 10:46 PM   #43
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Albert Einstein
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2015, 09:11 AM   #44
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Default This is worth watching again! Love it!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #45
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Yes Besame, thanks. All your guys in one place lol
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2015, 09:56 AM   #46
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
Yes Besame, thanks. All your guys in one place lol
😍😍😍

Wonderful night indeed!

I hope you feel better soon!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #47
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Have to say I am not sure how a guy who hasn't sung a song that made it to the top 40 in country music manages to snag the Male Vocalist of the Year award. I have never heard of him until he won his 3 awards last night. With that said I went on a quest for his music videos and have to say I understand why he doesn't have a top 40. Very confusing.
nhplowboi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #48
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say that it was tasteless and insensitive for Blake Shelton to announce his relationship with Gwen S. THE DAY OF THE AWARDS..... I also have to say that I am thrilled that he win nothing and Miranda did!!!!!

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2015, 07:28 PM   #49
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

It seems to me they are trying to court some kind of authenticity again. I don't know how truly talented musicians, as many of them are, perform the trash they do year after year. Money and attention are powerful incentives, I imagine.

Signs of the authenticity scare:

Eric Church's "Mr Misunderstood" -- esp the lyric "But you love your daddy's vinyl, old-time rock and roll -- Elvis Costello, Ray Wylie Hubbard, and think Jeff Tweedy is one bad mother"

LeeAnn Womack's nominations for an album of Americana music -- songs by Bruce Robison, Julie Miller, Neil Young, Hayes Carll, Mindy Smith, and Chris Knight.

Chris Stapleton doing so well. While he writes mainstream country songs for mainstream country artists, he is more of a roots performer himself. And that excellent duet with Justin Timberlake clearly put smiles on everyone's faces. Loved that Miranda wore a Chris Stapleton t-shirt as she picked up her award.

Rewarding the "Girl Crush" song so highly. It's not controversial by indy or pop standards, but it clearly shook up country radio some.

Kacey Musgraves -- there and doing well. I like some of her stuff a lot. I thought the performance last nigth was weird, but I am a little old to get all of what she is up to. Still, no question that she pushes the mainstream country radio envelope.

----------------------------------
There was still plenty of bro-country -- didn't Florida George Line win two awards? And the endless parade of blonde divas, including our hostess. And the typical pandering bullshit -- Brad Paisley's football thing. Still, there was less of all that and a touch of hope. There sure hasn't been much for a long long time.

Maybe it's because Americana artists are making more money, mostly from NPR listeners but still . . . . Maybe because Buddy Miller and other altcountry folks are behind the tv show Nashville. I don't know. I always thought they knew what real country music was and that it wasn't what they were playing, but that they wouldn't risk alienating their young country girl demographic to play much of it. In the past, Brad Paisley would have Willie or someone play with him during an awards show performance -- to sing along on the chorus - -but I always found those minimal acknowledgements insulting. Remember when Johnny Cash died and there was almost no recognition? I don't know. I gave up hope on mainstream country long ago. Or I thought I did.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:03 AM   #50
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

There are a few Country Western artists I like, but I absolutely love both singles and entire albums of songs by Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, The Statler Brothers, Lynn Anderson and Charley Pride.

But most of all, I really like Patsy Cline and The Jordanaires.

When I listen to Country Western music, this is generally the kind of style I prefer to hear.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2015, 02:11 AM   #51
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Billy Joe Shaver. Great writer. Been following him since the eighties. A national treasure.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:08 AM   #52
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Buddy Miller -- guitar god, singer, writer, producer. I feel like I am home when I listen to him.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #53
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I heard this song again today, I listened to the lyrics and understand how he feels in this song.

Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2015, 09:13 PM   #54
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

My favorite Merle song, maybe the best country song ever -- Mama's Hungry Eyes

Old 11-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #55
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Another good Merle song!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2015, 10:39 PM   #56
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

A newer one. within the last 10 years anyway. He can still write. Love this.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:42 PM   #57
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Good Ole Vern Gosdin!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #58
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

The first time I heard "Girl Crush" I thought oh man that is such a well written song. A song that really anyone can relate to, and Karen Fairchild, whoa!

I read an article a few days ago. The author was saying that Girl Crush sounds remarkably like "It's a Heartache". I sang and hummed both of them all day at work Friday LOL. It's true they do sound very similar. He called it "borrowing" and that is a lot of borrowing, he said.

I like both songs, but thought Girl Crush was just awesome writing.

I did want to comment on a George Strait post a few days ago. He has won like 18 entertainer of the year awards. I love his music, but IMO he is not an entertainer, he's a singer. Also IMO the people in country music started being actual entertainers in the 90's, while of course you still have those that are singers and we love them.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2015, 01:36 PM   #59
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2015, 07:53 PM   #60
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,011 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I did want to comment on a George Strait post a few days ago. He has won like 18 entertainer of the year awards. I love his music, but IMO he is not an entertainer, he's a singer. Also IMO the people in country music started being actual entertainers in the 90's, while of course you still have those that are singers and we love them.
I would say that Porter Wagner, Dolly Parton, Buck Owens and Roy Clark were entertainers before the 1990s, as well as singers. Elvis was definitely an entertainer. The Grand Ole Opry encouraged and supported lots of singers to be entertainers.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: