Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

ESFJ / Caregiver
Old 06-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #62
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

ENFJ/protagonist
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2018, 03:33 PM   #63
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting! Thanks for sharing this test...

When combined, that makes your personality type ISFP - The Artist

Portrait of an ISFP - Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
(Introverted Feeling with Extraverted Sensing)
The Artist
As an ISFP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your value system. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five sense in a literal, concrete fashion.

ISFPs live in the world of sensation possibilities. They are keenly in tune with the way things look, taste, sound, feel and smell. They have a strong aesthetic appreciation for art, and are likely to be artists in some form, because they are unusually gifted at creating and composing things which will strongly affect the senses. They have a strong set of values, which they strive to consistently meet in their lives. They need to feel as if they're living their lives in accordance with what they feel is right, and will rebel against anything which conflicts with that goal. They're likely to choose jobs and careers which allow them the freedom of working towards the realization of their value-oriented personal goals.

ISFPs tend to be quiet and reserved, and difficult to get to know well. They hold back their ideas and opinions except from those who they are closest to. They are likely to be kind, gentle and sensitive in their dealings with others. They are interested in contributing to people's sense of well-being and happiness, and will put a great deal of effort and energy into tasks which they believe in.

ISFPs have a strong affinity for aesthetics and beauty. They're likely to be animal lovers, and to have a true appreciation for the beauties of nature. They're original and independent, and need to have personal space. They value people who take the time to understand the ISFP, and who support the ISFP in pursuing their goals in their own, unique way. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning.

ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers", and are usually uncomfortable with theorizing concepts and ideas, unless they see a practical application. They learn best in a "hands-on" environment, and consequently may become easily bored with the traditional teaching methods, which emphasize abstract thinking. They do not like impersonal analysis, and are uncomfortable with the idea of making decisions based strictly on logic. Their strong value systems demand that decisions are evaluated against their subjective beliefs, rather than against some objective rules or laws.

ISFPs are extremely perceptive and aware of others. They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. They are usually penetratingly accurate in their perceptions of others.

ISFPs are warm and sympathetic. They genuinely care about people, and are strongly service-oriented in their desire to please. They have an unusually deep well of caring for those who are close to them, and are likely to show their love through actions, rather than words.

ISFPs have no desire to lead or control others, just as they have no desire to be led or controlled by others. They need space and time alone to evaluate the circumstances of their life against their value system, and are likely to respect other people's needs for the same.

The ISFP is likely to not give themself enough credit for the things which they do extremely well. Their strong value systems can lead them to be intensely perfectionist, and cause them to judge themselves with unneccesary harshness.

The ISFP has many special gifts for the world, especially in the areas of creating artistic sensation, and selflessly serving others. Life is not likely to be extremely easy for the ISFP, because they take life so seriously, but they have the tools to make their lives and the lives of those close to them richly rewarding experiences.
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2018, 04:55 PM   #64
Anastasia11

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers

Anastasia11 Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia11 Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia11 Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia11 Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia11 Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia11 Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia11 Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia11 Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia11 Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia11 Has the BEST ReputationAnastasia11 Has the BEST Reputation

INFJ, the Advocate
Anastasia11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anastasia11 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2018, 05:13 PM   #65
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 2,414 Times in 362 Posts
Femmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up ISTJs from an INFP perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryWine View Post
Everyone needs an ISTJ in their lives! My dad and my girlfriend are both ISTJs, and let me tell ya....you’ll never meet two more dependable people in your life. If they care about you, and you need them...they will be there. You can bet your bottom dollar.

They are also both very innovative/inventive and come off as rather serious while secretly having wicked senses of humor. (I don’t believe I’ve ever laughed so hard as when my gf started a conversation between my cat and my kitten using two separate voices that fit each of their little personalities perfectly. )
<snip>
Couldn't agree more. And the humour thing is spot on. My main ISTJ does this all the time with the pets in the family and carries on entire conversations with and between them in character. You will split your sides! They're incredibly imaginative and hugely playful!

-----

So, I quite like ISTJs. I was partly raised by one (someone I look up to very much and have a lot of respect for) so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. I think they're also very misunderstood overall so I feel a bit protective of them in general, especially when they get painted as some sort of strict, stiff-upper-lip military type. Yes, they can be, but there's also a lot more to them than that.

In any kind of relationship with an ISTJ, as an INFP I know I'm probably not going to get all my emotional needs met by them (need a fellow NF for that) but ISTJs have a kind of quiet integrity and groundedness which I find very admirable. I think they're the most likely to be the knights of the roundtable out of all the types of the MBTI.

Some things I've observed (YMMV):
  • Extremely hard workers, with an incredible, near inexhaustible work ethic; tend to define themselves by their output and get their validation from having their work be appreciated by others (with particular attention paid to the sheer amount that they did). Will work themselves into the ground if not careful or if another type doesn't come in and tell them it's okay to rest or that what they did was not only "good enough" but exceeds their expectations.
  • Self sacrificing. See above. Often personally identifies with their role as the provider or worker bee, depending on context, and judges their life by how well they were able to fulfill these roles.
  • Very values driven. I know a lot of attention is paid to INFPs being the ultimate value-driven type, but I find that ISTJs are just as much, if not moreso. It's just that their values are different... less about political and social equity (though that's often a feature) but more about personal qualities, like integrity, honesty, and reliability. They're much more likely to judge you based on your actions they've observed than the conversations you've had (although they tend to, in my experience, have a memory like a steel trap when it comes to the latter and can often brood, so choose your words carefully!).
  • When it comes to charity or giving back, they just do it, often quietly. Tends to be spontaneous and emotion-driven (rather than intellectualizing concepts of fairness). They don't tend to talk about it with others or make a big fuss, and it tends to be in direct response to something they saw that affected them (ie - going out and buying groceries and Christmas toys for the neighbour's kid after finding out their parents were just laid off, rather than opening their checkbook for a large children's charity "just because"). Seeing need rather than being told of need works better for them.
  • Nothing is ever half-assed. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well, at a level that feels like the equivalent of someone else's 120%. ISTJs can also have a bit of a perfectionist streak to them.
  • When they love someone (romantic or otherwise), it has an almost childlike purity to it. It's a love without qualifications. They don't love often but when they do, it is pure and really endearing to see. Likewise, when they're crushing on someone, there's a straightforward, guileless quality that's paired with a personal bashfulness, almost like they're made uncomfortable by their own emotions (and sometimes just by the very presence of their crush). So cheek-pinching-ly cute!
  • A wicked, often oddball sense of humour. Usually swings between extremes of very dry or very goofy. To an F-type, it can sometimes come across as mean, overly teasing, or off-putting, especially online without the benefit of tone or body language or if you don't know their personality very well.
  • They actually have quite the soft underbelly, despite their reputation for being a bit of a hard ass. Every now and then, if you're lucky, they'll show it to you, usually when no one else is looking, and usually unprovoked. Blink and you'll miss it. When they're feeling particularly open or tired or their guard is down, they may even allow you to stroke it (metaphorically speaking), but like most cats, they'll usually only allow one or two belly rubs before promptly jumping out of your arms and trotting away (like nothing ever happened) to go catch the bug near the window... or something.
  • Very practical and pragmatic. Can be a bit of a freight train when they're on a mission and can sometimes run you over unintentionally, especially if you're an NF. Breaking down for them how their specific behaviours create certain feelings in you (and thereby trigger specific behaviours from you towards them) works wonders. They respond well to clear explanations of cause and effect, particularly with emotions. They nearly always mean to do well. They just need you to give them the knowledge they need in order to do well.
  • An almost knight-like sense of personal integrity. ISTJs value loyalty and sincerity and have a low threshold for bullshit (can tie into their sense of humour). On the flip side, they will often beat themselves up over past examples in their head of when they fell short of their own expectations or values.
  • Appreciate ritual and tradition, but it has to make sense and hold meaning for them. Otherwise, they can be pretty blunt expressing their disdain for it (and sometimes the people who engage in it).
  • The older/more mature ISTJs tend to have a kind of bewilderment at how an NF type goes through the world, but also a kind of admiration for it even if they can't quite personally understand it... and they nurture the protectiveness of a lion for the NF's in their lives who they feel may be being threatened, which is incredibly endearing and kind of an awesome thing to behold when it's out in full force.
  • They do have a high need to be right, or perhaps more accurately, a strong sense of their own rightness. Can be a bit of a pit bull about it. Quite sheepish when they know they were wrong. Apologies are also kind of sheepish and mostly hinted around without actually saying the words (you have to read between the lines with them on this one). Nervous chuckles while they admit that another path or person may have been "okay too" and no real eye contact... They appear very vulnerable when they make an apology. It seems to shake their self concept a bit when they've been proven to be wrong and so, whenever possible, a bit of kindness and gentleness goes a long way (in other words, don't rub their noses in it).
  • ISTJs have a sometimes annoying habit of giving a LOT of unsolicited advice when you're just trying to bond with them over something or emote at them about something. Or they'll give a lot of unasked for advice when they just THINK your life isn't going according to how they think it should go (which can come off as judgmental and arrogant in the moment). This ties in to their own certainty about their own rightness. It's mostly well intentioned but it can really backfire and they often take it personally when you don't follow their advice. ISTJs can sometimes view the fact that you're not rushing right out to "fix" things according to them as a personal failing on your part! (I'm not illogical or stupid or self-sabotaging, thankyouverymuch. We're just different. Grrr... ) They sometimes need to be reminded that it "takes all kinds."
  • Seem to express their love and affection (love language) via acts of service. Not sure if this just the ones I've been exposed to or if it's a type-specific thing. If, for example, you ask an ISTJ you're close to how to change your oil, they will gladly rise to the occasion, giving you a ten point instruction on how to do it, why you do it, what happens if you don't do it, all the different scenarios that you might need to know where you should do it, etc., and they will probably completely take over the whole process while they're explaining it, too (to make sure it's done right, of course!). After all is said and done and you think it's all over, you'll thank them and you'll both go back to doing whatever you were doing before, but the next time you go out to see your car, you will notice that it has also now been washed, your tires have been topped up, there is a new ice scraper and broom waiting for you in your trunk, and they secretly took your keys when you weren't watching to vacuum out the inside of your back seat. And also your gas tank is now on Full. True story! When they see that you're finally near your newly sparkling supercar, they'll come over and usually mention what they did in passing, almost shyly but trying to be all nonchalant about it, but also wanting to see that you received their love as they intended it. Quite vulnerable, actually. It's hard to not love someone like that!
  • Devoted. If you are one of their chosen few, when the going gets tough they will put you above themselves at their own personal detriment without even thinking twice about it. Often it's to the extreme. They need someone equally as strong and protective of *them* in their life to remind them that they don't always have to do that (and that sometimes, in fact, they shouldn't).
  • Fiercely loyal, especially if you've demonstrated values that they personally align with.
  • Reliable to a fault. Expects others to be as well.
  • ISTJs are usually quite proud people. And they want you to see them as someone to be proud of. Will usually be a bit shy if you compliment them on it, but will be secretly tickled pink that you think of them that way. They will hold onto your compliments for years.
  • Usually voracious readers. Like, read the Encyclopedia in the bathroom readers (again, true story). Gifts of something to read on a topic they like, whether it be books, newspapers, topical magazine subscriptions, or even documentaries, etc., are usually very well received.
  • They don't mention their past or their childhood very much, especially when they're just getting to know you, but seem to be extremely touched when you remember the things they did mention, especially if you can demonstrate it as a gift, like in a related act of service or something physical for them to have as a reminder that they're important to you. It might help to explain that one a bit... So, for example, years ago an ISTJ friend of mine related an offhand story about how he'd always had a special relationship with his Scottish grandfather with whom he shared a birthday and another friend chimed in that when ISTJ friend was a little kid, he would always try to be like said grandfather by wearing bowties and suspenders to school (awwww, the little nerd... ). So when his birthday rolled around a few months later, I made sure to gift him two matching bowties, one for him and one for his grandfather, in their Scottish family tartan, with a card explaining the link. My normally pretty stoic ISTJ friend actually got a little choked up (though he would never admit it!) and he then wore it whenever I saw him for like a solid month afterwards, always with a sheepish, shy smile (ISTJs are very sheepish people... heh). They don't like to admit that they have their soft and squishy bits but they're often the softest and squishiest of them all!

We don't always see eye to eye on many things (okay, most things) and I think that any STJ is bound to have a lot of friction with an NFP, but I have a lot of respect for them as people and how they move through the world. It takes a good long while to get to know them but when you do, it is absolutely, 100% worth it.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #66
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default IST, plus P & J.

The past few times I took the Meyer's Briggs test, I seemed to always be an ISTP.

But I tested it again today, and it scored me as an ISTJ.

https://www.16personalities.com/istj-personality

I think in my case, IST is an consistent assessment. I think I fluctuate some between P and J....because both P and J are both consistent, with how I process life, all around.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2018, 10:54 AM   #67
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

INTJ -A

Sometimes through the years the T and F have flipped, but “thinking” typically jumps ahead.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2018, 01:13 PM   #68
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Still an INFP here! This has never changed every time I've taken the test. I have no idea what type my gf is, but it could be enlightening to know.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #69
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Still an INFP here! This has never changed every time I've taken the test. I have no idea what type my gf is, but it could be enlightening to know.
"Although two well-developed individuals of any type can enjoy a healthy relationship, INFP's natural partner is the ENFJ, or the ESFJ.

INFP's dominant function of Introverted Feeling is best matched with a partner whose dominant function is Extraverted Feeling.

The INFP/ENFJ combination is ideal, because it shares the Intuiting way of perceiving, but the INFP/ESFJ combination is also a good match."

Complimenting and balancing. It's not about the letter, it's about the function of the letter and how it's "stacked."

*I know this has all been debunked this system of classification. I do find *points* of it helpful. But its not bible of personality the way it was once thought.

**So see if she tests as above, could be interesting.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2018, 04:42 PM   #70
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
"Although two well-developed individuals of any type can enjoy a healthy relationship, INFP's natural partner is the ENFJ, or the ESFJ.

INFP's dominant function of Introverted Feeling is best matched with a partner whose dominant function is Extraverted Feeling.

The INFP/ENFJ combination is ideal, because it shares the Intuiting way of perceiving, but the INFP/ESFJ combination is also a good match."

Complimenting and balancing. It's not about the letter, it's about the function of the letter and how it's "stacked."

*I know this has all been debunked this system of classification. I do find *points* of it helpful. But its not bible of personality the way it was once thought.

**So see if she tests as above, could be interesting.
She is definitely more extroverted than I and I think is also a feeler and not a thinker, so she could very well be either of those types. I am definitely going to make her take the test now so I can see what her type is!

I have found the system helpful in the past and think I have figured out the T/F part is most important to me. I have struggled partnering with thinkers in the past and have found they really do NOT get me and we struggle with how we process the world. I am very much an intuitive feeler and I have found thinkers often dismiss the way I process.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2018, 05:37 PM   #71
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Portrait of an ISFJ - Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
(Introverted Sensing with Extraverted Feeling)
The Nurturer

As an ISFJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you takes things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system.

ISFJs live in a world that is concrete and kind. They are truly warm and kind-hearted, and want to believe the best of people. They value harmony and cooperation, and are likely to be very sensitive to other people's feelings. People value the ISFJ for their consideration and awareness, and their ability to bring out the best in others by their firm desire to believe the best.

ISFJs have a rich inner world that is not usually obvious to observers. They constantly take in information about people and situations that is personally important to them, and store it away. This tremendous store of information is usually startlingly accurate, because the ISFJ has an exceptional memory about things that are important to their value systems. It would not be uncommon for the ISFJ to remember a particular facial expression or conversation in precise detail years after the event occurred, if the situation made an impression on the ISFJ.

ISFJs have a very clear idea of the way things should be, which they strive to attain. They value security and kindness, and respect traditions and laws. They tend to believe that existing systems are there because they work. Therefore, they're not likely to buy into doing things in a new way, unless they're shown in a concrete way why its better than the established method.

ISFJs learn best by doing, rather than by reading about something in a book, or applying theory. For this reason, they are not likely to be found in fields which require a lot of conceptual analysis or theory. They value practical application. Traditional methods of higher education, which require a lot of theorizing and abstraction, are likely to be a chore for the ISFJ. The ISFJ learns a task best by being shown its practical application. Once the task is learned, and its practical importance is understood, the ISFJ will faithfully and tirelessly carry through the task to completion. The ISFJ is extremely dependable.

The ISFJ has an extremely well-developed sense of space, function, and aesthetic appeal. For that reason, they're likely to have beautifully furnished, functional homes. They make extremely good interior decorators. This special ability, combined with their sensitivity to other's feelings and desires, makes them very likely to be great gift-givers - finding the right gift which will be truly appreciated by the recipient.

More so than other types, ISFJs are extremely aware of their own internal feelings, as well as other people's feelings. They do not usually express their own feelings, keeping things inside. If they are negative feelings, they may build up inside the ISFJ until they turn into firm judgments against individuals which are difficult to unseed, once set. Many ISFJs learn to express themselves, and find outlets for their powerful emotions.

Just as the ISFJ is not likely to express their feelings, they are also not likely to let on that they know how others are feeling. However, they will speak up when they feel another individual really needs help, and in such cases they can truly help others become aware of their feelings.

The ISFJ feels a strong sense of responsibility and duty. They take their responsibilities very seriously, and can be counted on to follow through. For this reason, people naturally tend to rely on them. The ISFJ has a difficult time saying "no" when asked to do something, and may become over-burdened. In such cases, the ISFJ does not usually express their difficulties to others, because they intensely dislike conflict, and because they tend to place other people's needs over their own. The ISFJ needs to learn to identify, value, and express their own needs, if they wish to avoid becoming over-worked and taken for granted.

ISFJs need positive feedback from others. In the absence of positive feedback, or in the face of criticism, the ISFJ gets discouraged, and may even become depressed. When down on themselves or under great stress, the ISFJ begins to imagine all of the things that might go critically wrong in their life. They have strong feelings of inadequacy, and become convinced that "everything is all wrong", or "I can't do anything right".

The ISFJ is warm, generous, and dependable. They have many special gifts to offer, in their sensitivity to others, and their strong ability to keep things running smoothly. They need to remember to not be overly critical of themselves, and to give themselves some of the warmth and love which they freely dispense to others.

Most of it is pretty accurate but this part "ISFJs need positive feedback from others. In the absence of positive feedback, or in the face of criticism, the ISFJ gets discouraged, and may even become depressed. When down on themselves or under great stress, the ISFJ begins to imagine all of the things that might go critically wrong in their life. They have strong feelings of inadequacy, and become convinced that "everything is all wrong", or "I can't do anything right". actually sounds more like my coworker than me.

In personal relationships, I require feedback--positive or not--and get frustrated when there's no communication or there is dishonesty. Professionally, I like to know others see that I did a good job but I don't get butt hurt if I don't get that feedback so that part is inaccurate but most of it is pretty much on point. That and the fact that I do tend to speak my mind. I'm not one for keeping all my feelings to myself.

*glances at my posting herstory*

*whistles innocently*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2018, 07:28 PM   #72
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

*glances at my posting herstory*

*whistles innocently*
I enjoy reading all your posts

Laughing out loud... a lot, <--- look... I is clothed, laughs some more
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2018, 02:33 AM   #73
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Hmmn.. this test reckons that I am INFP (-A/-T), Mediator. Whilst there's a fair bit of accuracy in the description given, it misses out on my love of logic and the sciences. I've long recognised the duality in my personality in that on the one hand, I like the rationality of the sciences, whilst on the other I am somewhat spiritual and very much like silliness (as anyone who's chatted much with me will know!). I need both in my life in order to stay sane. I've also become more spontaneous as I've got older and more self-confident, especially recently. Definitely a touch of the Logician in me as well...

Last edited by Esme nha Maire; 07-13-2018 at 02:56 AM.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #74
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post
I've taken Myers Briggs in the past many times - I always come out INFP/J (Equally split between P & J). Also when I was younger I learned more towards E than I but have become more introverted as I've gotten older.
I've taken this damn test a dozen times, and I always forget what I was within 15 minutes. Last time I wrote it down so I could check later. I have no idea where I stored that Post It note.
But I live in Texas, so let's just say I am an E-I-E-I-O.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2018, 08:21 PM   #75
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

I found it. I am an ENFP.
Is that good?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2018, 09:45 PM   #76
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatToast View Post
I found it. I am an ENFP.
Is that good?
Oh no that’s horrible!!!!! (Kidding)

Lol I don’t think there’s a “good” or “bad”
Old 10-28-2018, 05:47 AM   #77
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Couldn't have been a closer match. Read it out loud to my Partner, we both snickered through it. That is until we hit the part about not liking small talk when both of us burst out laughing.

Anyone who knows me, can attest that I HATE small talk.

Btw, am totally an "INTJ."
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2018, 03:26 PM   #78
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
Hmmn.. this test reckons that I am INFP (-A/-T), Mediator. Whilst there's a fair bit of accuracy in the description given, it misses out on my love of logic and the sciences. I've long recognised the duality in my personality in that on the one hand, I like the rationality of the sciences, whilst on the other I am somewhat spiritual and very much like silliness (as anyone who's chatted much with me will know!). I need both in my life in order to stay sane. I've also become more spontaneous as I've got older and more self-confident, especially recently. Definitely a touch of the Logician in me as well...
Wow! You had me at "whilst." From an ENFP, but not that extroverted.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:28 PM   #79
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Well it’s been over two years since I last took it? So I did it again because I know I have been through some stuff and changed some since. And of course I got something different. This time answering as honestly as possible I got INTP. The part that says I am not good at meeting emotional needs of others in relationships I do not agree with and a few other things. But yes my brain is constantly going. Anyway, Yeah it’s what I got.

The Thinker

As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

INTPs live in the world of theoretical possibilities. They see everything in terms of how it could be improved, or what it could be turned into. They live primarily inside their own minds, having the ability to analyze difficult problems, identify patterns, and come up with logical explanations. They seek clarity in everything, and are therefore driven to build knowledge. They are the "absent-minded professors", who highly value intelligence and the ability to apply logic to theories to find solutions. They typically are so strongly driven to turn problems into logical explanations, that they live much of their lives within their own heads, and may not place as much importance or value on the external world. Their natural drive to turn theories into concrete understanding may turn into a feeling of personal responsibility to solve theoretical problems, and help society move towards a higher understanding.

INTPs value knowledge above all else. Their minds are constantly working to generate new theories, or to prove or disprove existing theories. They approach problems and theories with enthusiasm and skepticism, ignoring existing rules and opinions and defining their own approach to the resolution. They seek patterns and logical explanations for anything that interests them. They're usually extremely bright, and able to be objectively critical in their analysis. They love new ideas, and become very excited over abstractions and theories. They love to discuss these concepts with others. They may seem "dreamy" and distant to others, because they spend a lot of time inside their minds musing over theories. They hate to work on routine things - they would much prefer to build complex theoretical solutions, and leave the implementation of the system to others. They are intensely interested in theory, and will put forth tremendous amounts of time and energy into finding a solution to a problem with has piqued their interest.

INTPs do not like to lead or control people. They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs has been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance. The INTP is likely to be very shy when it comes to meeting new people. On the other hand, the INTP is very self-confident and gregarious around people they know well, or when discussing theories which they fully understand.

The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings. They strive constantly to achieve logical conclusions to problems, and don't understand the importance or relevance of applying subjective emotional considerations to decisions. For this reason, INTPs are usually not in-tune with how people are feeling, and are not naturally well-equiped to meet the emotional needs of others.

The INTP may have a problem with self-aggrandizement and social rebellion, which will interfere with their creative potential. Since their Feeling side is their least developed trait, the INTP may have difficulty giving the warmth and support that is sometimes necessary in intimate relationships. If the INTP doesn't realize the value of attending to other people's feelings, he or she may become overly critical and sarcastic with others. If the INTP is not able to find a place for themself which supports the use of their strongest abilities, they may become generally negative and cynical. If the INTP has not developed their Sensing side sufficiently, they may become unaware of their environment, and exhibit weakness in performing maintenance-type tasks, such as bill-paying and dressing appropriately.

For the INTP, it is extremely important that ideas and facts are expressed correctly and succinctly. They are likely to express themselves in what they believe to be absolute truths. Sometimes, their well thought-out understanding of an idea is not easily understandable by others, but the INTP is not naturally likely to tailor the truth so as to explain it in an understandable way to others. The INTP may be prone to abandoning a project once they have figured it out, moving on to the next thing. It's important that the INTP place importance on expressing their developed theories in understandable ways. In the end, an amazing discovery means nothing if you are the only person who understands it.

The INTP is usually very independent, unconventional, and original. They are not likely to place much value on traditional goals such as popularity and security. They usually have complex characters, and may tend to be restless and temperamental. They are strongly ingenious, and have unconventional thought patterns which allows them to analyze ideas in new ways. Consequently, a lot of scientific breakthroughs in the world have been made by the INTP.

The INTP is at his best when he can work on his theories independently. When given an environment which supports his creative genius and possible eccentricity, the INTP can accomplish truly remarkable things. These are the pioneers of new thoughts in our society.