Old 07-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #4241
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I agree Bulldog. I want to think Joe Biden will choose the woman with a well developed portfolio of experience. I think Susan Rice out ranks most other candidates we have been told about via media news. Rice has a well developed background under several administrations, plus she had excellent cooperative and collanorative experiences with US Allies and other important ranking global agencies. Choosing Rice would be a huge sign to me that leadership counts, especially when shattered global relationships need someone strong to help rebuild trust and credibility.

In my mind, Susan Rice is the best choice. Not only for our country, but for other countries too who have been betrayed by current admin in DC.

And thanks to both Cin and Bulldog for adding toward this particular issue, the Vice Presidential choice.

Has anyone started a new thread for talk about the up coming election and issues that are vitally important to talk about?

If either of you start one, I will gladly participate.

~K.

I agree with you Kätzchen. For a long time my favorite pick was Kamala Harris. I still think she would be a good choice, but Susan Rice hands down has the most experience working in the White House and is best qualified, has a very good working relationship with Biden (they actually worked on things together, not just in the same administration), and as you say she has a lot of international experience.

Also, if I were asked who is the first person I would want in the situation room in a crisis - no matter what their position was - I would choose Susan Rice hands down.

The only thing we will have to hear the Repugs yelling about how she misled the country about Benghazi. Ugh, of course, it isn't true, but we are likely to hear it. I don't think it would sink his candidacy though.

I'm sure he will get the pick right. He knows all about the vetting process and what it takes to be a good VP.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2020, 11:29 AM   #4242
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

So, I notice that Trump wished Ghislaine Maxwell "well".

I suspect he knows full well that if she or her lawyer sniff even a whiff of "distancing" ( the only social distancing that Donald knows. ) she will open a floodgate of information about him, so repulsive that even his most ardent supporters will drown in her "incontinence".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #4243
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
So, I notice that Trump wished Ghislaine Maxwell "well".

I suspect he knows full well that if she or her lawyer sniff even a whiff of "distancing" ( the only social distancing that Donald knows. ) she will open a floodgate of information about him, so repulsive that even his most ardent supporters will drown in her "incontinence".
He is friends with a female pedophile. She is just as corrupt as her b/f. birds of a feather ! I bet trump will exonerate her once shes convicted.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:45 AM   #4244
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

BEWARE MR. TRUMP. TIME NEVER RUNS OUT ON CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY.

A German court on Thursday convicted a 93-year-old former SS private of being an accessory to murder at the Stutthof concentration camp, where he served as a guard in the final months of the Second World War. He was given a two-year suspended sentence.

Bruno Dey was convicted of 5,232 counts of accessory to murder by the Hamburg state court, news agency dpa reported. That is equal to the number of people believed to have been killed at Stutthof during his service there in 1944 and 1945. He also was convicted of one count of accessory to attempted murder.

“How could you get used to the horror?” presiding judge Anne Meier-Goering asked as she announced the verdict.

The trial opened in October. Because of Dey’s age, court sessions were limited to two, two-hour sessions a week. Additional precautions also were taken to keep the case going through the height of the coronavirus pandemic.

In a closing statement earlier this week, the wheelchair-bound German retiree apologized for his role in the Nazis’ machinery of destruction, saying “it must never be repeated.”

“Today, I want to apologize to all of the people who went through this hellish insanity,” Dey told the court.

For at least two decades, every trial of a former Nazi has been dubbed “likely Germany’s last.” But just last week, another ex-guard at Stutthof was charged at age 95. A special prosecutors’ office that investigates Nazi-era crimes has more than a dozen ongoing investigations.

That’s due in part to a precedent established in 2011 with the conviction of former Ohio auto worker John Demjanjuk as an accessory to murder on allegations that he served as a guard at the Sobibor death camp in German-occupied Poland. Demjanjuk, who steadfastly denied the allegations, died before his appeal could be heard.

German courts had previously required prosecutors to justify charges by presenting evidence of a former guard’s participation in a specific killing, often next to impossible given the circumstances of the crimes committed at Nazi death camps.

However, prosecutors successfully argued during Demjanjuk’s trial in Munich that guarding a camp whose only purpose was murder was enough for an accessory conviction.

A federal court subsequently upheld the 2015 conviction of former Auschwitz guard Oskar Groening, solidifying the precedent.

The Dey case extends the argument to apply to a guard at a concentration camp that did not exist for the sole purpose of extermination.

Prosecutors argued that as a Stutthof guard from August 1944 to April 1945, Dey – though “no ardent worshipper of Nazi ideology” – aided all the killings that took place there during that period as a “small wheel in the machinery of murder.”

Dey gave wide-ranging statements to investigators about his service, saying that he was deemed unfit for combat in the regular Germany army in 1944 so was drafted into an SS guard detachment and sent to the camp near Danzig, now the Polish city of Gdansk.

Incarcerated there included political prisoners, accused criminals, people suspected of homosexual activity and Jehovah’s Witnesses.

From mid-1944, when Dey was posted there, tens of thousands of Jews from ghettos in the Baltics and from Auschwitz filled the camp along with thousands of Polish civilians swept up in the brutal Nazi suppression of the Warsaw uprising.

More than 60,000 people were killed there by being given lethal injections of gasoline or phenol directly to their hearts, shot or starved. Others were forced outside in winter without clothing until they died of exposure, or were put to death in a gas chamber.

Dey told the court that as a trained baker’s apprentice, he attempted to get sent to an army kitchen or bakery when he learned he’d been assigned to Stutthof.

Dey acknowledged hearing screams from the camp’s gas chambers and watching as corpses were taken to be burned.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2020, 07:24 PM   #4245
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,125 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Tr**p just did the right thing for the first time in my memory - he called off the Republican national convention. He won't get to announce his candidacy in front of a (smaller than wished-for?) screaming crowd full of delegates. The convention was to be held in an arena in Jacksonville, FL. But, as the BBC noted, Florida has become "a new epicenter for the coronavirus".

I wonder what brought on Tr**p's suddenly enlightened self-interest? I don't believe for a minute that his only impetus was the health of the people who might attend. Possibly, the lesson was learned from the rally that didn't have the huge crowd he wanted. I'm sure the RNC has a bevy of bean counters calculating the results of cancelling the convention's effect on the projected vote count.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2020, 08:26 PM   #4246
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Tr**p just did the right thing for the first time in my memory - he called off the Republican national convention. He won't get to announce his candidacy . . .
Sorry, I meant, accept the nomination.

- Prince
Old 07-24-2020, 02:45 AM   #4247
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,762 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

https://lawandcrime.com/legal-analys...kIq7CnN-yFajEs

This made me ill this early AM
Old 07-24-2020, 08:23 AM   #4248
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Treasury Secretary Mnuchin says anyone who got a $1,200 stimulus check the first time is likely to get one again for the same amou

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Thursday that there was a high likelihood of another round of cash payments for Americans.

He said they'd likely go to the same people as before, for the same amount.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #4249
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

NEW YORK (AP) — A judge on Thursday ordered the release of President Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer from prison, saying the government retaliated against him for planning to release a book critical of Trump before November’s election.

Michael Cohen’s First Amendment rights were violated when he was ordered back to prison on July 9 after probation authorities said he refused to sign a form banning him from publishing the book or communicating publicly in other manners, U.S. District Judge Alvin K. Hellerstein said during a telephone conference.

Hellerstein ordered Michael Cohen released from prison to home confinement by 2 p.m. on Friday.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 08:34 AM   #4250
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Tensions flared on Capitol Hill this week when a Republican lawmaker challenged Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on issues of crime and policing in an unusual — and decidedly personal — confrontation on the Capitol steps.

Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) was coming down the steps on the east side of the Capitol on Monday, having just voted, when he approached Ocasio-Cortez, who was ascending into the building to cast a vote of her own.

In a brief but heated exchange, which was overheard by a reporter, Yoho told Ocasio-Cortez she was "disgusting" for recently suggesting that poverty and unemployment are driving a spike in crime in New York City during the coronavirus pandemic.

"You are out of your freaking mind," Yoho told her.

Ocasio-Cortez shot back, telling Yoho he was being "rude."

The two then parted ways. Ocasio-Cortez headed into the building, while Yoho, joined by Rep. Roger Williams (R-Texas), began descending toward the House office buildings. A few steps down, Yoho offered a parting thought to no one in particular.

"Fucking bitch," he said.

Ocasio-Cortez, a liberal firebrand and social media sensation, is no stranger to attacks from the right. But shortly after the exchange, she said it was the first time since she arrived in Congress that another lawmaker has challenged her so aggressively. "That kind of confrontation hasn't ever happened to me — ever," she said. "I've never had that kind of abrupt, disgusting kind of disrespect levied at me."

Approached a few hours later, Yoho declined to discuss any aspect of the exchange. "No comment," he said.

Williams, who was in a position to hear the entire back-and-forth, said he wasn't paying it any mind.

"I was actually thinking, as I was walking down the stairs, I was thinking about some issues I've got in my district that need to get done," Williams said. "I don't know what their topic was. There's always a topic, isn't there?"
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 08:40 AM   #4251
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 09:00 AM   #4252
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default An apology??

A day after he reportedly called Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a “fucking bitch” after confronting her outside the Capitol, Florida congressman Ted Yoho, a Republican, offered an absurd apology on the House floor Wednesday.

“I rise to apologize for the abrupt manner of the conversation I had with my colleague from New York,” Yoho began. He was off to a decent enough start, though calling the conversation “abrupt” does not exactly align with the description of the “brief but heated exchange” that appeared in The Hill Tuesday. Nor does it align with AOC’s own description of the “virulent harassment,”

Yoho then seemed to confirm the profane quote attributed to him, but said, “The offensive name-calling words attributed to me by the press were never spoken to my colleagues, and if they were constructed that way, I apologize for their misunderstanding.” In other words: I said it, but I said it so she couldn’t hear it.

The “apology” only got worse from there. After becoming briefly emotional while remembering his time as a young adult on food stamps — “I know the face of poverty, and for a time it was mine” — Yoho committed to conducting himself “from a place of passion and understanding.”

Then he offered this gem: “I cannot apologize for my passion, or for loving my God, my family, and my country.” He did not explain what any of that has to with accosting a congresswoman and calling her a “bitch.”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 09:33 AM   #4253
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
A day after he reportedly called Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a “fucking bitch” after confronting her outside the Capitol, Florida congressman Ted Yoho, a Republican, offered an absurd apology on the House floor Wednesday.

“I rise to apologize for the abrupt manner of the conversation I had with my colleague from New York,” Yoho began. He was off to a decent enough start, though calling the conversation “abrupt” does not exactly align with the description of the “brief but heated exchange” that appeared in The Hill Tuesday. Nor does it align with AOC’s own description of the “virulent harassment,”

Yoho then seemed to confirm the profane quote attributed to him, but said, “The offensive name-calling words attributed to me by the press were never spoken to my colleagues, and if they were constructed that way, I apologize for their misunderstanding.” In other words: I said it, but I said it so she couldn’t hear it.

The “apology” only got worse from there. After becoming briefly emotional while remembering his time as a young adult on food stamps — “I know the face of poverty, and for a time it was mine” — Yoho committed to conducting himself “from a place of passion and understanding.”

Then he offered this gem: “I cannot apologize for my passion, or for loving my God, my family, and my country.” He did not explain what any of that has to with accosting a congresswoman and calling her a “bitch.”
In his statement Wednesday, Yoho invoked his wife and daughters to make the all-too-familiar claim that having women in his family makes him conscious of the ways women are belittled. “Having been married for 45 years with two daughters, I’m very cognizant of my language,” Yoho claimed.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 09:50 AM   #4254
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Feds Sending Tactical Team to Seattle, Expanding Presence Beyond Portland..

The Trump administration, which has pledged to use the full force of the government to protect federal property, expanded that effort Thursday by sending a team of tactical border officers to stand by for duty in Seattle.
The deployment to Seattle came on the same day that the inspector general of the Justice Department announced an investigation into tactics used by the federal agents in Portland and in front of Lafayette Square in Washington, D.C., in early June.

The Special Response Team being deployed is similar to the tactical teams currently operating in Portland, Oregon, where local officials have vehemently objected to their efforts to subdue street protests. Seattle officials have also said they do not want federal agents sent to target protesters.Seattle’s mayor, Jenny Durkan, said in an interview that she spoke earlier Thursday with Chad F. Wolf, the acting secretary of homeland security. She said he had assured her that the administration had no plans to deploy a surge of agents to Seattle and would not do so without communicating with the city. She had not been alerted to plans to position the tactical team but said that the department may be distinguishing between an active deployment and agents who are on standby.

Durkan said she made it clear that the city did not need the help of federal agents. “Any deployment here would, in my view, undermine public safety,” Durkan said.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 12:38 PM   #4255
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Barron Trump's School Not Resuming Classes Like Normal This Fall Despite Trump's Push to Reopen..

Despite President Donald Trump's push to have schools reopen their classrooms in the fall, his son Barron Trump won't be sitting in class full-time anytime soon. The private St. Andrew's Episcopal School in Maryland — which the 14-year-old began attending after moving to Washington, D.C. — announced this week that while a final decision has yet to be made, it is planning not to fully reopen its campus in the fall because of novel coronavirus concerns. The school shut down and switched to online learning in the spring.

In a letter to parents this week, St. Andrew's said it is preparing either to continue with online classes or to implement a hybrid plan for the next school year, which would use both e-learning and in-person classes by allowing groups of its students to return to campus in cycles, along with social distancing."We are hopeful that public health conditions will support our implementation of the hybrid model in the fall," the school's letter says.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 03:44 PM   #4256
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Despite President Donald Trump's push to have schools reopen their classrooms in the fall, his son Barron Trump won't be sitting in class full-time anytime soon. The private St. Andrew's Episcopal School in Maryland — which the 14-year-old began attending after moving to Washington, D.C. — announced this week that while a final decision has yet to be made, it is planning not to fully reopen its campus in the fall because of novel coronavirus concerns. The school shut down and switched to online learning in the spring.

In a letter to parents this week, St. Andrew's said it is preparing either to continue with online classes or to implement a hybrid plan for the next school year, which would use both e-learning and in-person classes by allowing groups of its students to return to campus in cycles, along with social distancing."We are hopeful that public health conditions will support our implementation of the hybrid model in the fall," the school's letter says.
(((((( Homoe))))))) I missed your posts ~ welcome back
Old 07-24-2020, 06:41 PM   #4257
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's powerful response:

She has "thrown men out of bars" for their language? I'd like to hear that story.

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 08:41 AM   #4258
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
(((((( Homoe))))))) I missed your posts ~ welcome back

Thanks ~Ocean
Old 07-25-2020, 09:44 AM   #4259
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 07-25-2020, 06:55 PM   #4260
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Seattle-area protests: Live update Saturday, July 25...

Police declare "riot," deploy flash-bang grenades and using pepper spray on protesters in the Capitol Hill area.

Seattle Police Department officers used bikes to block off the intersection at East Pine Street and 11th Avenue, the same location where protesters and police stood in days of tense standoffs a month prior, and are advancing west against the protest crowd on East Pine Street and making arrests.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking news, news