Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 02-18-2019, 02:17 PM   #4301
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
OSB, cisgender woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel
Relationship Status:
Engaged

RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Scraping this thick ice off of my windshield. I am amazed how thick it is. It is nothing like Chicago ice. It did not even rain. But time was of the essence and I ended up just pouring water on it while using the wipers.

Ok ok..that might be considered a cheat, but none the less DEFINITELY a cardio work out!
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2019, 08:28 AM   #4302
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 99,737 Times in 23,403 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
Last night I did extra PT. Although I do not go to PT anymore, my physical therapy trainer gave me handouts of all the things he had me doing. Anyway, it was a great workout. I slept with both legs on a bolster (firm wedge pillow, 12" high). It helped, I can tell a difference today. If it takes double PT everyday, not a problem. I'll do anything to lessen pain.
That was my mentality when I had my first, and worst, bout with sciatica. The pain was near constant and often excruciating so anything that worked at all was my new best friend. I'm glad you found something to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDyke View Post
Scraping this thick ice off of my windshield. I am amazed how thick it is. It is nothing like Chicago ice. It did not even rain. But time was of the essence and I ended up just pouring water on it while using the wipers.

Ok ok..that might be considered a cheat, but none the less DEFINITELY a cardio work out!
Be careful with that; if the water is too cold or hot, it can crack your windshield. You are right though. Scraping ice and snow is definitely a work out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2019, 08:57 PM   #4303
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 19,174 Times in 4,565 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Yesterday I bought a vacation pass to a nearby gym at a mall in Fort Lauderdale. The gym is called Powerhouse (lol... but I like the name!). OMG, I have fallen in love with this gym and even fantasized about moving to Fort Lauderdale, working at the mall, and going to Powerhouse. There would also be time spent in a pool.

So yesterday I did 30 minutes on a LifeFitness version of a StairMaster. It was even better than the real StairMaster and gave me such an intense work-out. I did Levels 7 down to 1, with 5 minutes on each level. It was perfect for short people (me!) and also had a great heart rate monitor. This gym does not give out towels, and I didn't have one, so sweat was pouring off my face, but still, not like I see men sweat- men sweat buckets that are unfathomable to me.

Yesterday after the StairMaster, I did 30 minutes on the weight floor. They had an awesome sled (the machine that you get behind and push across the floor) and the Battle Ropes. I'm so glad I overcame my fear of those two gym toys because they really deliver!

Then today I went back to the StairMaster again and did 40 minutes (Level 7 x 10 minutes, then levels 6 down to 2 - 5 minutes each, then Level 1 x 10 minutes). I again forgot a towel (maybe I'll put one in my backpack after this post), so I was dripping sweat, though my version of dripping sweat is not that shocking.

Then I did 30 minutes on the weight floor. I pretended that I was on my lunch from my mall job with a few colleagues. Seeing who goes to gyms in different cities is good people watching. There was a woman in a tank top that said, "I'm with the hot bald guy." And there she was, with the "hot" bald guy! There was a gay guy with a tank that said, "I'm hot!" who I heard telling a friend he was going to the gay beach afterwards.

Sometimes if I work out in another city I feel a bit more free to try out different things. In the mall elevator on the way down after my work-out, I took it with a muscleman trainer, and he said, "You were doing great with that sled!" People in Florida are more friendly than in New York. I said, "It's very satisfying." He said, "It's like having a drink after work." We chuckled, and I thought, "Yes, it's just what I enjoy when I finish at my mall job."

Thanks for the support, exercise buddies

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:

nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights