Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Evening everyone!

Where are yall hiding?
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #102
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Tattoo questions...

So, I just contacted another artist who's work I appreciate and a question popped into my head. Do artist just hate first timers? Or perhaps... do well established artists hate first timers? Or... do artists hate doing dinky tattoos on first timers? Or... you get the idea!

I'm just wondering if I might have to forego my "first" smaller tat in order to book a more experienced artist.

I've also gotten mixed feedback on tipping. You tip your tattoo artist?? I had no idea!

Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:20 PM   #103
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Tattoo questions...

So, I just contacted another artist who's work I appreciate and a question popped into my head. Do artist just hate first timers? Or perhaps... do well established artists hate first timers? Or... do artists hate doing dinky tattoos on first timers? Or... you get the idea!

I'm just wondering if I might have to forego my "first" smaller tat in order to book a more experienced artist.

I've also gotten mixed feedback on tipping. You tip your tattoo artist?? I had no idea!

Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated.
Every artist is different, that is what I have come across in my years of getting tats. I tip 15 percent of what the total is, unless the artist tries to rush or is rude, then I don't just pay the tat amount and no tip.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2017, 06:43 AM   #104
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Wishing everyone a happy Monday...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2017, 07:22 AM   #105
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Now I say Now I say "Fellow butches, have a wonderful Tuesday"!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #106
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Hey All.

I hope everyone has a good weekend! What are ya'll's plans for this weekend?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2017, 08:02 PM   #107
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Nothing planned here so far.....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2017, 08:03 PM   #108
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 06-02-2017, 09:36 PM   #109
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Butches

Howdy Butches,

I hope that everyone has a happy Friday night.

I am exhausted from a day on the water. I hope that you have a fun Friday night.

Chad
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #110
ClintB

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, questioning
Preferred Pronoun?:
Interested in your opinion
Relationship Status:
Downtrodden

ClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST Reputation

Hey butches!

Had a fun day kicking off what has turned into Pride Month. Took a pride boat ride with a girl I used to date but is now just a friend. It was fun. This town celebrates early, as I've notice many small communities do so as not to compete with larger city celebrations during the actaul week pride falls on.

I always hope to meet someone, no one caught my eye. All for the better as I wouldn't have get free to flirt in front of someone I recently dated. Was fun to see the effort put in by this smaller community. It was fun.
ClintB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ClintB For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2017, 10:56 PM   #111
ClintB

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, questioning
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Downtrodden

ClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST Reputation

Oh yeh, and when I went to light my water heater, flames everywhere. Quickly shut it and the propane tank off. Not sure what happened, everything has been off all weekend.

So here's to not having my home burn down and a very cold shower tonight.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:06 PM   #112
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Did that before. Singed off arm, half of head hair and eyebrows. How long did you have the gas on? Did you use a cigarette lighter?

This fool had to go and do it twice. The second time was an old stove.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #113
ClintB

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, questioning
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Downtrodden

Just a few seconds.

I do this daily so I don't know what the hell is going on.

I always shit it off when I leave, both the tank and the switch to the water heater. Come home, turn the tank on, turn it to pilot and light it, let it get hot about 10 seconds, switch it to on. Sligh fwoosh and then she's good to go. This time after lighting the pilot and turning it to on, flames came OUT not only where it's light, but in another spot higher that never has flames.

I don't know what the heck...
Old 06-04-2017, 08:42 AM   #114
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Hey all.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday... I am going shopping in awhile so I can buy my dad a gift, early...

Then going to watch softball/baseball games and get a nap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2017, 09:17 AM   #115
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintB View Post
Just a few seconds.

I always shit it off when I leave, both the tank and the switch to the water heater. Come home, turn the tank on, turn it to pilot and light it, let it get hot about 10 seconds, switch it to on. Sligh fwoosh and then she's good to go. This time after lighting the pilot and turning it to on, flames came OUT not only where it's light, but in another spot higher that never has flames.

Wow, be careful. Did some propane gas get into the air around the tank?

I had an RV in college and used to lay the water hose out in the sun and that heated the water enough to shower and wash dishes but it is hot here in Texas.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #116
ClintB

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, questioning
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Downtrodden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Wow, be careful. Did some propane gas get into the air around the tank?

I had an RV in college and used to lay the water hose out in the sun and that heated the water enough to shower and wash dishes but it is hot here in Texas.
That's what I thought but it continues to burn. I'm just l aging it until I can get it looked at.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:12 PM   #117
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
That's what I thought but it continues to burn. I'm just l aging it until I can get it looked at.
Good choice, you may have a leaky pipe. Good luck.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:14 AM   #118
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Just a few seconds.

YIKES..........that can't be good! Be careful!
Old 06-05-2017, 07:20 AM   #119
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Wishing everyone a very good week...
Old 06-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #120
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Butches

Happy Monday Butches,

I hope that everyone has a great day.

Rock on,
Chad