Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 11-15-2016, 03:16 PM   #41
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,364 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

it's unconscionable but then this is nothing new considering-----> it's governor Snyder we are talking about..it makes me want to scream but this wouldn't do any good..people have to learn to become politically active or lose their ability to protect themselves. They need to become dynamic in proactive political involvement instead of victims. It's unfair that they have to get out of their comfort zone and diligently promote democracy and democrats but that is what is required at this point. ie Flint did not come out and campaign and vote for Hillary. If they had voted and promoted she would have won Michigan and she would have carried that state and possibly gave that awful governor reason to fear their clout.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 07:36 AM   #42
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

It is not ok to throw a coworker under the bus. I found out yesterday that another cna tried to get me fired. Well, Karma got her instead.

Zimmeh
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 10:38 AM   #43
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's not Ok..

that he's still lying and getting away with it. His policies will at some point tank the economy and we will be paying $3.00 or more for gas, more for food and necessities, increase the national debt, recession, unemployment and possibly the privatization of Medicare.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #44
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
it's unconscionable but then this is nothing new considering-----> it's governor Snyder we are talking about..it makes me want to scream but this wouldn't do any good..people have to learn to become politically active or lose their ability to protect themselves. They need to become dynamic in proactive political involvement instead of victims. It's unfair that they have to get out of their comfort zone and diligently promote democracy and democrats but that is what is required at this point. ie Flint did not come out and campaign and vote for Hillary. If they had voted and promoted she would have won Michigan and she would have carried that state and possibly gave that awful governor reason to fear their clout.
WHY is it unfair that they have to get out of their comfort zone and diligently promote democracy and Democrats? Who exactly is going to do it for them? They should have been screaming bloody murder and still be screaming bloody murder. There are no tooth fairies.

First class taught in public schools should be: how to figure out when you're being lied to and used.

Second class should be: in not waiting around benignly to get helped when you know you're being fucked ( or even remotely suspect it).

Third class should be in: not being afraid of those tin pot creeps that rule you. When the masses get big enough the monsters inevitably crumble into dried piles of dung.

But you must have courage and you must not completely rely on someone else to do it for you.

New to North America but not so foreign in the rest of the world: By the age of 10 or 12, you really should know how to survive even if it isn't pretty.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 05:33 PM   #45
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
WHY is it unfair that they have to get out of their comfort zone and diligently promote democracy and Democrats? Who exactly is going to do it for them? They should have been screaming bloody murder and still be screaming bloody murder. There are no tooth fairies.

First class taught in public schools should be: how to figure out when you're being lied to and used.

Second class should be: in not waiting around benignly to get helped when you know you're being fucked ( or even remotely suspect it).

Third class should be in: not being afraid of those tin pot creeps that rule you. When the masses get big enough the monsters inevitably crumble into dried piles of dung.

But you must have courage and you must not completely rely on someone else to do it for you.

New to North America but not so foreign in the rest of the world: By the age of 10 or 12, you really should know how to survive even if it isn't pretty.
I think we in America think good will prevail..it's typically something those with white priviledge have taken for granted for years..when you are brown unless you are lucky enough to be raised in a family with affluence you don't have that sense of safety and fairness..Yes, I know we elected a black president but that hardly means racism is dead..and brown people although happy about Obama's election did not realize much of a boost in upward mobility. Most of the poor stayed poor or even became poorer..There are many reasons why brown people do not feel empowered, education is the first hurdle many cannot overcome, and the second the experience of daily racism in the South and even the North etc. I won't go into the whys because it's not something white people will really understand on a granular level..However, I will say when faced with day to day racism you usually choose between becoming militant or go quiet. Whatever you choose things will not change so why should they vote? Police brutality is rampant and nobody cares enough to do something about it, except young people and they are not in power. Also Republicans have gone out of their way to suppress the vote of minorities by making it difficult to register. Right now they have the upper hand, but at some point in the next 10 years (if we don't manage to blow ourselves up or wreck the planet) brown people will outnumber whites and there will be a reckoning and my guess is, it won't be pretty. I was being a little sarcastic because those on the democratic side have an advantage and have won two of the last three elections so their lack of enthusiasm is obvious..and I believe felt by minorities even more so...It's easy to preach about why not get active when you have never had to struggle on a visceral level just to survive..you take it for granted you will..if you're brown you never can relax there is always something lurking to bring you down, voting seems pretty minor in comparison.. Also to date brown people have never equated voting with surviving..we are too busy raising and trying to make sure our kids get an education, have enough food on the table and are not shot by police..That's reality for a great many brown moms.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #46
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not OK for.........

These sport athletes, who continuously told lie after lie only to be proven, to be rewarded weather with big jobs or endorsement deals!

Pete Rose, Alex Rodigues, Tom Brady, the list goes on and on!

I believe in giving someone a second chance, but with these sports figures who had more than ample opportunities to step up and take responsibility and didn't, then only to score jobs as commentators or pitch men, just has me shaking my head!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #47
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

True enough, Kitty. However, unless I'm completely mistaken"movements" for any sort of equality or fairness rarely if ever rise from the "bottom" up. Perhaps, it is, as you say, people there don't have the spare time . Thing is, you don't have to organise and lead, you just have to allow yourself to get angry enough to join. So far, the anger seems far too directed at those who didn't do enough for people...it does not work that way and never has.

Appreciate the organisers, even if some are White, middle-class and have never suffered any hardship , cause frankly, in this venal world, they're amongst the very few who give a shit. And most of them really are prepared to die for human rights and equality. That IS who is yelling at the top of the barricade.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2016, 07:54 PM   #48
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
2) Just be an 'armchair warrior' and not participate in some way, in some form in making the world a better place, however you picture that. Passion without action is wasted energy. I understand being fed up with the political process, the corruption, the deception. But, all of us are capable in participating at even the grass roots level of helping to create change.
This really resonates with me now that the election is over. I cannot stand the people who are so incensed with Trump winning, but who just sit back in their "armchairs" and whine and do nothing about it. They claim to be in such despair about the injustices that will be infiltrating their lives but don't get involved in working on a solution. Sitting around behind a screen all day, whether it is a computer and/or television, railing against the system, focusing only on how the election was lost rather on what to do next. Fight back for fucks sake. Join, volunteer, be active. Become a part of the solution. Stop being fucking passive.Ugh. Take the time you spend bitching and moaning and dissecting a done for now deal, and help those, including yourselves, who are being directly affected EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

If you are going to act like you really give a shit, actively give a shit and be the difference you want to see rather than expect others to do it for you.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2017, 10:12 PM   #49
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's not OK...

For Republican & Democrat lawmakers to avoid any kind of meetings, be it town hall-style events or what-have you, to engage with their constituents. Some have cancelled previously scheduled meetings, while some haven't had the common courtesy to show up only sending their aids to "take notes" and pay lip service!

Face these constituents and explain why you endorsed the likes of Jeff Sessions and others. Us voters are angry and understandably! You may be able to hide but come midterms you'll be sorry...
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2017, 07:52 PM   #50
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I hate to keep harping on this subject but ......

Why does Congress get so much vacation? To supposedly meet with their constituents!

Depending on how safe their seat is and the proximity of the next election members better spend some portion of their recess attending town halls, meeting with community leaders, or visiting local haunts to take their district's temperature instead of dodging them.

They better pay attention as more voters temperatures as well as tempers are on the rise!
Old 02-19-2017, 08:18 PM   #51
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

It is not okay for these obnoxiously high paid football players to get off so light on horrible crimes just because America loves football.

If I had been the one to decide Michael Vick's fate after he was found guilty, his football playing days would never have escalated above backyard football ... that is if he could still play when he was released from prison at 85 years old.

Vick was in the news recently. There were also photos of his canine victims. I cannot get that photo of the white pitbull hanging. He had tied up her legs, she was balled up, gritting her teeth... just trying to continue to live. I wanted to kill him all over again.

I don't have anything to say to anyone here or anywhere who defends him by stating he has done his time.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2017, 08:35 PM   #52
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Rock On.....I couldn't agree more!

Earlier I posted in the thread how disgraced athletics were rewarded with big job deals as commentators.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2017, 12:52 AM   #53
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Joni Ernst......

It's not OK to flee your Town Hall Meeting......

During her run for congress she was rough and tough bragging about growing up on a farm in Iowa castrating hogs! When it came to facing her constituents, not so much!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2017, 02:16 AM   #54
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Washington Repersenative Dave Reichert

It's not OK to hide....come out come out wherever you are

Earlier this week when I saw Dave Reichert being interviewed by a local Seattle station he made the comment that he was not going to be "bullied or intimated" into holding a town hall meeting. TODAY Thursday he seemed to changed that during his Facebook interview to concerns of "safety issues" surrounding town hall meetings.

Perhaps he realized that calling the people who elected him into office bullies and intimidators wasn't the wisest thing to say?
Old 02-24-2017, 04:18 PM   #55
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default it's not ok...

that White House banned CNN, Politico, and New York Times from Today's Photo Shoot...however,

it's very ok that Associated Press and Time walked out and refused to participate because of White House ban..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 06:09 PM   #56
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
It's not OK for Alabama Governor Robert Bentley to be such a massive hypocrite! Bentley (former church deacon) refereed to gays and lesbians as perverts who need serious punishment while he carried on an affair with a married aide, hiding her salary through a shady 501 (c) (4) organization as well as being accused of spending $1,700 on "burner" phones to conceal the relationship. While governor you slashed birth control funding, tried to 'regulate legal abortions out of existence" and denounced same-sex marriage as an unnatural "social experiment".

WHO needs punishment???????
UPDATE: Gov. Robert Bentley resigned Monday 4/10/2017 rather than face impeachment and pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor campaign violations that arose during an investigation of his alleged affair with a top aide.
In a remarkable fall, the mild-mannered 74-year-old Republican and one-time Baptist deacon stepped down as the sex-tinged scandal gathered force over the past few days.

A plea agreement specified that Bentley must surrender campaign funds totaling nearly $37,000 within a week and perform 100 hours of community service as a physician. The dermatologist also cannot seek public office again.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 02:27 AM   #57
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Steve Harvey it's not OK to just fire off a terse email/memo to your staff who helped make your show a success!

At the very least couldn't you of just sat down with your staff and given them reasons why you wanted to change your "open door policy"?

Good morning, everyone. Welcome back.
I’d like you all to review and adhere to the following notes and rules for Season 5 of my talk show.
There will be no meetings in my dressing room. No stopping by or popping in. NO ONE.
Do not come to my dressing room unless invited.
Do not open my dressing room door. IF YOU OPEN MY DOOR, EXPECT TO BE REMOVED.
My security team will stop everyone from standing at my door who have the intent to see or speak to me.
I want all the ambushing to stop now. That includes TV staff.
You must schedule an appointment.
I have been taken advantage of by my lenient policy in the past. This ends now. NO MORE.
Do not approach me while I’m in the makeup chair unless I ask to speak with you directly. Either knock or use the doorbell.
I am seeking more free time for me throughout the day.
Do not wait in any hallway to speak to me. I hate being ambushed. Please make an appointment.
I promise you I will not entertain you in the hallway, and do not attempt to walk with me.
If you’re reading this, yes, I mean you.
Everyone, do not take offense to the new way of doing business. It is for the good of my personal life and enjoyment.
Thank you all,
Steve Harvey
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 09:19 PM   #58
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

It's not ok to look like a cute little pixie who's grown up, and be so racist, bigoted, homophobic, and anti-Semitic.

Jeff Sessions looks like a little kid who happened to have aged prematurely. His eyes stare like a kid, and he rocks back and forth like he needs to pee.

Why does he have to espouse such xenophobic beliefs?

He'd be such a cute little old man if I didn't know what he stood for...sad.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:35 AM   #59
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

It's not okay to use the bible for justifying a biggoted mind against anything of anormal in your book
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #60
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

It's not OK to put millions of Americans at risk of Nuclear Alienation just to win a pissing contest!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: